PDA

View Full Version : New HD Anakin Variation!

KingOfSting
07-13-2002, 06:21 PM
hey i just read on yakface.com that someone has found a new HD Anakin with a peg in place of a magnet. there werent any pictures, but i dont see how this cold be false, given that hasbro has stated that some of its magnets were weak...

Jek Porky 2002
07-13-2002, 06:24 PM
I'd much prefer a peg than a magnet, they are weak!

jdmarlow
07-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Is this a variation you can ONLY find by opening the package? Or can it be seen through the bubble?

TIE Pilot
07-13-2002, 06:48 PM
I just received my new HD Anakin, and I think there must be figures out there with weak magnets and some with stronger magnets. Because the magnet in my Anakin's arm seems to be just fine.

If they do opt for a peg rather than a magnet, the Dooku figure won't be able to chop Anakin's arm off with his lightsaber.

That is IF you can FIND a Dooku figure to do that :)

rynobot
07-13-2002, 08:39 PM
You can always tell by the production date on the back so stop saying there is only one way to find out.

Lord Tenebrous
07-13-2002, 09:39 PM
This does follow Hasbro's logic with Bespin Luke. The character doesn't need to use the Force to re-attract his hand, so it's more accurate to make it a one-way attraction. Thus, the peg.

But I'd much rather there be no action feature, keep the magnet, and have some sort of arm lock - when in place, the arm is doubly secured by more plastic, but taking the lock off allows the arm to be sliced realistically, with just the magnet holding it on. Sort of a "play vs. show" option.

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by TIE Pilot
I just received my new HD Anakin, and I think there must be figures out there with weak magnets and some with stronger magnets. Because the magnet in my Anakin's arm seems to be just fine.I bought this fig at TRU after I had already ordered it from Amazon.com. The one I got from TRU had a messed up arm (and a hideous face), while the one from Amazon.com was fine. However, the magnets were the same strength, so the problem it turns out lies in the metal piece in the forearm that's not a magnet... the problem is, this metal piece sticks out too far and so the plastic arm doesn't meet.

pthfnder89
07-17-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I bought this fig at TRU after I had already ordered it from Amazon.com. The one I got from TRU had a messed up arm (and a hideous face), while the one from Amazon.com was fine. However, the magnets were the same strength, so the problem it turns out lies in the metal piece in the forearm that's not a magnet... the problem is, this metal piece sticks out too far and so the plastic arm doesn't meet.

That's the same problem I've had with mine. I've bought 5 and opened three, the first fit well and stayed on relatively well. But on the second one, the metal piece in the lower arm would not fit properly into the hole of the upper arm so the entire thing failed to work :rolleyes:

hango fett
07-17-2002, 03:45 PM
i just got an hd ani today and it was with the obi-wan wave. the date code thing is 21401.and it does look like there could be a peg instead of a magnet. the removabel arm is not loose in the pack. hurray! i got another variant without knowing it!

Beast
07-17-2002, 04:21 PM
It makes sense if they switched to a peg, since the removable arm on the upcoming Ponda Baba from the Wal-Mart Cantina Packs has a peg. I'll have to grab one of the peg version, so that I can use him for other scenes where I don't need him to loose his arm. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
07-17-2002, 07:42 PM
somehow I get the feeling that the cantina sets are old ideas and even old prototypes of hasbro that got stuffed away and now finally released since the figs look really bad and that peg on bondas arm shoul've been a magnet IMO

hango fett
07-17-2002, 07:58 PM
i'm pretty sure that i have the peg because i looked at the one we got on 4/23 and the arm has slid to the left a bit. hehehe! :D

hango fett
07-17-2002, 07:59 PM
oh, and congrats, jarjar on 4000 posts! wish i had that many!!

Beast
07-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
oh, and congrats, jarjar on 4000 posts! wish i had that many!!
Thanks, but remember that it's quality over quantity. I could have twice as many, if I just did little one sentance replies. But I try to put some thought into my posts, I just have alot of thoughts, and way to much free time. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-17-2002, 10:00 PM
ok jarjar. you know, i have look up to you for a while now and will put more thought into my posts from here on out.

Forhekset
07-18-2002, 08:43 AM
I wish the figures with "battle features" all came with pegs instead of magnets. Hopefully Hasbro will just start making them with pegs in the first place...I picked up two Bespin Lukes yesterday with the "burned" wrist and peg, and his hand works sooooooo much better than the old magnet version.