PDA

View Full Version : Deleted scenes

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-14-2002, 12:41 AM
In each Original Trilogy movie, how many deleted scenes were there? Can anyone tell me about some of them?

Jek Porky 2002
07-14-2002, 10:39 AM
There where a fair few, in the opening scene of ANH, origionally it was supposed to keep cutting away from the battle to Luke watching it from Anchorhead throught his binoculars. There where also supposed to be more cantina shots. In ESB, there was supposed to be a scene where about 6 Wampa's break into the base and reak havok, that is why you can see 2-1B tending to a sick Taun Taun, and Liea says "then it couln't be another one of tjose creatures", and there was also a scene where you see Lando on the roof of the Falcon, stuggling to get Luke on board. And in ROJ there was an extended scene of Luke and Ben on Dagobah, where Ben says that Owen was his brother! And there was another extended scene at the end of the battle between Luke and Vader, where Anakins bady fades away. Oh yeah and after leaving Jabba's sail barge, the group get caught up in a sand storm. Hope that helps, there are more, but I can't think of them.

saladin
07-14-2002, 12:06 PM
hope they put these in the ultimate edition

Pendo
07-14-2002, 12:47 PM
There are some images and info on cut scenes over at BlueHarvest.Net. Click here (http://www.blueharvest.net/images/cut.shtml).

PENDO!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-15-2002, 03:11 AM
Too bad the videos can't be viewed.:( Iwanted to see that C-3P0 scene with the sign.

Beast
07-15-2002, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
Too bad the videos can't be viewed.:( Iwanted to see that C-3P0 scene with the sign.
The scene of C-3PO ripping the sign off the door to the Wampa Room can be seen on one of the early ESB trailers. I don't recall which one, but it was included on the Laserdisc release of the Star Wars Trilogy: Definative Collection. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

yo yo yoda
07-17-2002, 06:56 PM
I've always wondered why Anakin's body didnt disappear like yoda's and ben's had when he died at the end of ROTJ. ???

Pendo
07-18-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by yo yo yoda
I've always wondered why Anakin's body didnt disappear like yoda's and ben's had when he died at the end of ROTJ. ???

Some sources says he did, it just wasn't seen on screen, and it was actually just Vader's suit that Luke was burning. I believe that Anakin dissapeared but would like to see it on the Archival Editions.

PENDO!

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Why did Anakin become a ghost anyway, I thought the whole vanishing and becoming a ghost was something that could only be achieved by a Jedi Master?

Pendo
07-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Solo
Why did Anakin become a ghost anyway, I thought the whole vanishing and becoming a ghost was something that could only be achieved by a Jedi Master?

It's not been revealed why, how and what Jedi can dissapear yet by lucas, and he says it will be revealed in Episode III. But you do not have to dissapear to become a ghost, Qui-Gon didn't dissapear yet his spirit shouted "Anakin, Anakin" (then someone elses spirit shouted "Noooooooo!" :)).
We will have to wait until Episode III to totaly understand the whole dissapearing/spirit thing.

PENDO!

Lobito
07-18-2002, 04:37 PM
There is a CD called SW behind the magic, on which you can see some deleted scenes from ANH (the anchorhead scenes) where Luke is talking with Biggs, etc.

I also heard somewhere that in ESB Luke was lifted by Darth Vader using the Dark Side of the force, after their battle (where Luke looses his hand).

In ROTJ Lando was supposed to die while trying to escape, thats why Han Solo comments that he hs a feeling he is not going to see the Falcon again.

MikeAndTheBots
07-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Lobito

In ROTJ Lando was supposed to die while trying to escape, thats why Han Solo comments that he hs a feeling he is not going to see the Falcon again.
Yeah but Lucas changed the script when he realized Lando was well liked. Well I think that's why he said he changed it...

Jek: I thought the Obi-Wan/Owen thing was just in the book and never in the script?

odb
07-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

Yeah but Lucas changed the script when he realized Lando was well liked. Well I think that's why he said he changed it...

I thought the scene was shot and at test sceenings the audience reacted badly to Lando being killed off, so it was redone. Well at least thats what I've read if someone would like to correct me

JON9000
07-23-2002, 01:04 PM
SW- The anchorhead scenes include Biggs telling Luke that he is off to join the rebellion. There are also some scenes that show the inside of the Toshi Station. Luke's 2 friends, Fixer and his girlfriend Camie, (the actress later became an adult film star, according to rumor) are there as well. Fixer has a landspeeder like Luke's, except it has 5 engines instead of 3. XP-38, perhaps? Luke is referred to as "Wormie" by his compatriots. Luke originally witnesses the battle above Tatooine wearing his poncho thing and hat, using his macrobinoculars while fixing a vaporator.

I think all the ESB extras have been mentioned.

In ROTJ, there is a shot of General Madine making a funny face as he uses the Calamari Cruiser's weapons to destroy an enemy ship. Another scene shows an imperial officer getting zapped to death by a royal guard. Guess he forgot to get permission to go up. Or maybe Mr. Bigglesworth just got angry.

JON9000
07-23-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by odb

I thought the scene was shot and at test sceenings the audience reacted badly to Lando being killed off, so it was redone. Well at least thats what I've read if someone would like to correct me

I think test audiences just wanted a happier ending. I could've lived with Lando being knocked off, but not the Falcon!

El Chuxter
07-23-2002, 01:54 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the bit about Lando dying is an urban legend. I think, but I'm not sure, that there may have been something along those lines in earlier versions of the script, or maybe that this was just another legend generated by the "I just got this feeling, like I'm never going to see her again" line.

Pendo
07-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Yes you're right. Lando dying was and Urban Legend on StarWars.com. I'll try and dig up the link somewhere, but it NEVER happened!

PENDO!

update: Here (http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/feature/20000530/index.html)'s the link to the Urban Legend!

MikeAndTheBots
07-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Pendo and Chuckster: I found a script online, very early draft of ROTJ (Still Revenge) that has lando dying. The script is only the second draft I think, it seems pretty reliable or something. At one point he was going to die.

And I can't remember if it was true but I heard Vader force-chokes a guy who won't let Vader see Palpy but he eventually lets him in and Vader lets go of his throat (with the force). That's supposedly why Palpy was suprised to see Vader the first time.

Pendo
07-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Pendo and Chuckster: I found a script online, very early draft of ROTJ (Still Revenge) that has lando dying. The script is only the second draft I think, it seems pretty reliable or something. At one point he was going to die.

And I can't remember if it was true but I heard Vader force-chokes a guy who won't let Vader see Palpy but he eventually lets him in and Vader lets go of his throat (with the force). That's supposedly why Palpy was suprised to see Vader the first time.

Maybe it was on the early drafts but it was never filmed, so technically not a Deleted Scene.

But the Vader choking a Royal Guard is and I remember seeing a picture of it somewhere online. I'll try and dig that up too.

PENDO!

Pendo
07-23-2002, 02:25 PM

Here's the pic I saw, and it's not a Royal Guard as I so wrongly stated :mad:!

PENDO!

Pendo
07-23-2002, 02:26 PM
And here's a pic of Moff Jerjerrod getting a rather nasty shock.

PENDO!

MikeAndTheBots
07-23-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Pendo

Here's the pic I saw, and it's not a Royal Guard as I so wrongly stated :mad:!

PENDO!
I don't get why they took that out. Vader didn't really seem that evil in ROTJ. It would make his covnersion a little more uh powerful (?) if you see him be a bit more ruthless.

jonboy
07-23-2002, 10:32 PM
I read somewhere that Lucas said he removed the scenes from ROTJ of Vader force choking people for a good reason. He said that the whole "Vader force choking a lacky" thing was being overdone and was becoming a kind of joke.

MikeAndTheBots
07-24-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by jonboy
I read somewhere that Lucas said he removed the scenes from ROTJ of Vader force choking people for a good reason. He said that the whole "Vader force choking a lacky" thing was being overdone and was becoming a kind of joke.
....oh....eh, still I'd like to see Vader be a bit more evil in ROTJ.

Beast
07-24-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
And here's a pic of Moff Jerjerrod getting a rather nasty shock.PENDO!
Actually Pendo, Moff JerJerrod in that shot isn't getting a nasty shock. That is still the scene where Vader is choking him, and the Emporer's Royal Guards have raised their force pikes against Darth Vader. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
07-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Thanx for the info JJB :D! They must be brave if they're up against Vader, don't expect them to live long!! :D

PENDO!

Pendo
07-24-2002, 10:00 AM
I've found this site which has a really good archive of Star Wars deleted scenes for all films and it also has lots of pictures.

PENDO!

Star Wars Obscurities (http://starwars.rossiters.com/)

Lobito
07-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Thats a very cool site with lots of handy SW info. Thanks for the link Pendo!!:)