PDA

View Full Version : More Ewoks on the way?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-14-2002, 01:38 AM
I noticed that the Endor Victory accessory pack has the "helmet" drum and sticks. Does this mean Hasbro plans to make Ewoks to use them?

KingOfSting
07-14-2002, 03:06 AM
theyve already made ewoks that can use them...or have you forgotten that they released wickett, teebo, paploo, logray and the generic complete galaxy ewok?.......hehe im just jokin..who knows? hopefully its a sign of more ewoks, considering we only have 5 new ones...not nearly enough to overthrow an empire ;)

Battle Droid
07-14-2002, 03:20 AM
I'd like to Have a female Ewok, with Ewok baby. (comes with basket for baby to go in)

JEDIpartner
07-14-2002, 08:05 AM
Who wouldn't? This has been the collector's wish for at LEAST 15 years! Hasblah (and Kenner, at the time) feels that boys don't want female characters (unless the character stirs their libido) so they don't make them unless they HAVE to. Stupid theory... the world doesn't exist on males alone!

Jargo
07-14-2002, 09:08 AM
There are so many things hasbro could do with Ewoks to make them interesting to play with. For a start they could stop selling them as cute teddy bears and give them their aggresive side back. These are fur covered warriors we're talking about. I'd rather have fighting mad Ewoks than cutesy baby Ewoks. But that's not to say i wouldn't buy a female Ewok if the opportunity arose.

But more Ewoks to fight the Imperial invasion is a must. I think I listed most possibilities in the dear Hasbro section. If hasbro don't make at least one of my suggestions I'll be mighty ****ed at them. More Ewoks Hasbro. Need more Ewoks.

Darth Sidious
07-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Who wouldn't? This has been the collector's wish for at LEAST 15 years! Hasblah (and Kenner, at the time) feels that boys don't want female characters (unless the character stirs their libido) so they don't make them unless they HAVE to. Stupid theory... the world doesn't exist on males alone!

I know! It sucks...Luminara is female and she's one of my favorites.

Lman316
07-14-2002, 09:29 AM
Yes, I'm always for more Ewoks, both in figure and movie form. Hell, I want to see that South Park thing where everyone is digitally replaced with Ewoks....er....maybe not, but I sure do like Ewoks. I like 'em fried, I like 'em....okay, I'm stopping.

I've always been a big fan of Ewoks (I never knew why people had a problem with them, and I still don't), and I still have my stuffed Wicket from 1984. Okay, so I was 1 when I had it, but I remember still playing with it when I was 3, and then I found it again when I was like 16 and now it's a great part of my collection. Everyone else: "Sell it, it has to be worth some money." Even if it was, which it's not, I wouldn't. I love that little guy, :cry:.
I have two Ewoks (Wicket and Paploo) beating the crap out of a scout trooper in my Endor display, while Logray and Teebo watch on (gutless...so gutless, they are). I want more Ewoks for that display as I missed the Complete Galaxy version. We need more generic Ewoks, and Hasbro needs to re-release the others from the vintage like, like Chirpa, Romba...
Let's see 'em. Please? Pretty please?

End...

mylow thehutt
07-14-2002, 10:42 AM
C'mon who wouldn't want one.just wondering how small it will be.

yodajedimaster01
07-14-2002, 11:18 AM
I would like to see some ewoks since I have none of the old ones.

Lord Tenebrous
07-14-2002, 11:24 AM
There was supposedly a scrapped Cinema Scene in 1999 that was to have Paploo, Romba, and an Ewok Throne

Maybe somebody can coerce Hasbro to release the last two (a la Teemto) :)

Jargo
07-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Mylow, it'd probably be about that size. I reckon if nothing else the remaining vintage Ewoks should be done. Chief Chirpa, Romba, Lumat and Warok. I'd like to see a 'female' with a baby Ewok or WOKLING as they're known, but I think an Ewok with bowlass and an Ewok with tripwire, An Ewok with an Axe and a big log for smashing into the AT-ST would be cool. Perhaps redo the glider and the catapult with all new Ewoks. And re-release the Endor bunker playset too. I missed that first time round, bought it later and then because there were no ewoks I gave it to my nephew in a mad moment of charity...... :cry: How I wish i hadn't.
But with a new enemy at the door in the shape of the Gungans isn't it time to bury the hatchet that has been aimed at the Ewoks all these years? At least the Ewoks were active and creative in their fighting technique. The Gungans simply stand there and look like vacant frogs and throw blue stuff wherever. In the hope it'll land. The Ewoks used precision attacks and had a flair for guerilla fighting. They wer wily and cunning. They had their own language and were proud enough of their heritage to use it in the face of humans. Warriors.
Gungans are just dumb fish with legs.

Bring on the fighting Ewok army, bring on the accessories and deluxe sets and 2-packs and playsets, BRING ON THE EWOKS! :D

jobi
07-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Yeah Mon Mothma really did it for me.

Forhekset
07-14-2002, 03:29 PM
I could go for more Ewoks...never understood why some people seem to hate them, and say they ruined ROTJ. Then again Jar-Jar didn't really bother me either, so maybe I'm just more tolerant.

Hopefully if Hasbro does make more Ewoks, they will have holes in their feet unlike POTJ Teebo. I know that guy isn't hard to stand up or anything, but somehow it bothers me that he has no holes in his feet. Yeah yeah I know I could drill holes myself. I'm too lazy though.

JON9000
07-14-2002, 03:41 PM
I don't think the Ewoks ruined ROTJ, but I am of the opinion many years later that they were a little too cutesy, and that the original plan of a primitive wookie tribe would have been a little more plausible. But hey, the little kids loved them in 83 and marketing is part of what its all about. Regardless, I don't mind Ewok figures and I get them. Although I really like the 2 pack- they should come in 2.

rynobot
07-14-2002, 04:31 PM
I guess soem people don't understand what the Ewoks represneted in the SW triliogy. Ewoks represented the good of the universe and Empire represensted the evil. And the Ewoks beat the Empire because Lucus had to have good overcoming evil

Jargo
07-14-2002, 06:29 PM
I wonder how Richard Marquand viewed the Ewoks. I wonder how he would have directed the scenes if Lucas had left him alone to do his job instead of insisting that he be present to ruin oversee so many shots. Apparently the Ewok who dies when he's hit by crossfire is actually just a guy tripping up and the Ewok that goes back is just asking him if he hurt himself and probably having a good laugh at the fallen guys expense. Lucas just edited the sequence to make it look more tragic than it is. However, Lucas bash over - I reckon a 2-pack of the two tragic Ewoks would be cool or a mini cineama scene. Those two and the Ewok and glider that gets gunned down. heroic Ewoks in their final moments. :cry: ;)

Herby
07-14-2002, 07:51 PM
We really need more ewoks, especially given the nature of the Saga line with all its bigger accessories. Just think what could be packed with the little guys now!

tagmac
07-14-2002, 08:24 PM
I think if Lucas hadn't admitted that the Ewoks were originally supposed to have been wookies, fewer people would have been put off by them.

thespar
07-14-2002, 10:56 PM
give use more ewoks. why not give us a female with a baby they gave use a tusken radier with child and ep2 was the first time we seen them. more ewoks. more ewoks. and more ewoks.

bigbarada
07-15-2002, 12:36 AM
If you look on the back of Teebo's card, you'll see a pic of him holding those exact two drumsticks that come in the Endor Accessory pack. Nice touch from Hasbro, although getting a drum would have been nice too.:frus:

If nothing else Hasbro should at least finish off the vintage ewoks (Romba, Warok, Lumat, Chirpa). I would also love to see some ewoks and creatures from the Ewok movies, but that's just me.:)

I love Ewoks!

gibbspaulus
07-15-2002, 04:14 AM
Going back to the point about the ewoks representing good. Would they still be classed as good if they'd eaten the main characters as they first inteded?

Jargo
07-15-2002, 05:19 AM
I'd have been happy to see them eat Mark Hamil..... :) That would have been very good. :evil:

SNAYSON
07-15-2002, 09:24 AM
need more ewoks

corporal AMF
07-15-2002, 11:45 AM
I believe that another two pack, with a lot of accesories from Endor, like imperial guns, rebel accesories and things from Endor