PDA

View Full Version : would you remmend the SLAVE-1 ?

Jango Jett
07-14-2002, 01:53 AM
I think the SLAVE-1 used by bounty hunter JANGO FETT is a cool
looking ship ! WALMART has it for $23.96 and TRU has it for $29.99 ! is the SLAVE-1 a pretty goof ship ? :cool:

rynobot
07-14-2002, 02:13 AM
It's great sitting in its box in my room and I know my 6 year old nephew loves playing with his, last time I saw it it had Anakin, Mace, and Dooku crammed in it.

AdmiralPiett
07-14-2002, 04:03 AM
Welcome to the forums Jango Jett,
The Slave 1 is nice but wait until the price goes down. The stores are full of them just sitting there collecting dust. Eventually they'll go on clearance.
Piett

The True Maul
07-14-2002, 07:52 AM
Yes Welcome Jango Jett, Slave 1 is awesome I have it out f the box it looks perfect on my shelf can't wait to get pilot Jango Fett !!!! :)

Lman316
07-14-2002, 09:39 AM
Okay, the Slave 1, huh? Well, this ship is nice, very cool. It looks quite accurate, IMO, and it's really fun to play with. I love shooting missles at my figures and dropping that giant cough drops on them :D
However, the only bad thing I noticed about the Slave 1 would be the wings. They don't really lock into the sides, so, sometimes when you're turning them, they come out. You can easily pop them back in, but it gets annoying after a while. If you're just going to display it, and never bother with the wings, anyway, then it would be great, perfect.
So, if you don't mind popping the wings back in while or if you're playing with it or you're getting it for a display, then I'd say go for it. If there's no real hurry, I'd agree that you should wait until clearance, or at least a sale before you buy one. If you don't want to wait, go for it. You only live once, I say. And I was happy with my purchase. But then again, I had been saving up that money from December to April when I bought all that stuff. So, really it's up to you, but it's a great vehicle.

End :D...

Jango Jett
07-14-2002, 09:47 AM
Im going to wait for them to go on clearance since the stores
have a good supply in stock ! thanks.

Jango Jett

LTBasker
07-14-2002, 10:01 AM
I suggest getting it. All the wings aren't loose, I've had no problems with mine. The only complaint is the stickers. :D They included a sticker for the piloting console which you can't even see unless you realy really try. Quite weird...

It's a great ship though, nice detail and the sonic charges are fun to drop! Plus it's a pretty good display piece in front of a Jango.

KingOfSting
07-14-2002, 11:40 AM
while i dont actually have one i do hear its quite nice, however it is rumoured that later this year or early next year it will see a revamp similar to the one with the jedi starfighter and include the pilot jango fett thats slated to come out in the saga collection later this year...although by the time that comes out, the ship itslef will probably have dropped in price a bit

rynobot
07-14-2002, 12:46 PM
I got the stickers on very accuratly. You just need steady hands.

SNAYSON
07-15-2002, 09:28 AM
i like it but i don't have it, yet/ waiting to see if the price goes down.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Target knocked a few bucks off the price of the Slave I in a sale a couple of weeks ago. That sale still didn't warrant me buying one. I am waiting for an even lower sales price, somewhere around the neighborhood of $15-17. Until then I will not buy one.

BoShek
07-15-2002, 10:17 PM
I got it at Ames for about $18. It is a great ship . . . and I am not a fan of vehicles!

DarthBrandon
07-15-2002, 10:25 PM
I would suggest you hold off until they go on clearance, as there are many out there. I already have Boba's ship and Iím waiting for the price to drop till I get Jango's. This really is a good ship and I've seen it up close and personal at my friendís house. Buy it when it goes on sale is my advice.

RAVAZ
07-15-2002, 10:28 PM
I've seen it around for an average price of $21. I'd get one but I'm not as rich as I used to plus I do believe it will be on clearence soon. But I will get one!

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 04:48 AM
I would recommend it, it's a pretty fun toy and it looks good too. There's not any real cargo room, but the non-rotating cockpit holds 3 figures made possible by having them all stand, though that's not really a prob in my book.

Jayspawn
07-17-2002, 11:07 AM
I really like the Slave I. I would have liked it more of the interior of the ship could open up like the POTF2 version. It looks great with the Jango figure. Some of the stickers are a pain to put on.

Chiesa
07-17-2002, 01:37 PM
The Slave is defintely a GREAT SHIP!! Its fun to play with and naturally even GREATER and COOLER for display!! :)

Just curious... If there is a clearance... How much would it cost??

Cheers :)

pthfnder89
07-17-2002, 02:04 PM
I've been very happy with the new Slave 1. But I find that I keep trying to open it and access the interior like you can with the vintage model.

I understand that it was necessary to take out the interior in order to fit in the sonic mines and missles and such, but I still miss it. Slave one is such a nice, larger sized vehicle and it's a shame that there's nothing on the inside.:(

thespar
07-17-2002, 04:50 PM
i will just wait for it go on cleance. and that is because i am more in to the basic and dexule fig.

bigbarada
07-17-2002, 11:14 PM
I plan to buy the Slave 1 first chance I get, clearance or no clearance. I tried waiting for clearance prices of several POTJ figures and the Luke & Yoda 12" and they simply vanished never to be seen again.

I realize that the Slave 1 will always be much more available than the last few POTJ waves; but I don't want to take any chances and plan to buy it at the earliest possible opportunity. Besides, with my luck they won't go on clearance until I am broke from college tuition and books. So I had best get while the getting is good.