PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone like Episode 1? (merged)

stillakid
07-14-2002, 02:16 PM
As a counter thread to the "hate" one, I'm really interested in hearing why people really really liked TPM.

Your response should be given in two distinct sections:

1) Don't just address and try to prove the "hate" arguments wrong. Come up with some stand-alone compliments that made TPM so great for you.

2) Then, once you've done that, go back to the con-arguments and explain why you either a) don't believe that they are true, or b) know that they are true but choose to ignore them for the sake of enjoying the movie regardless.

Thanks!:)

Jek Porky 2002
07-14-2002, 06:18 PM
I don't love it or hate it, there are bits that I love but there are bits that I absolutly loath!

stillakid
07-14-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
I don't love it or hate it, there are bits that I love but there are bits that I absolutly loath!

I think most people feel that way, but I've been beaten to a pulp by a few diehard Prequel lovers and am just curious. I've already posted my feelings (wayyy too much :rolleyes: ) and open the floor for worship. ;) The comment has been made that there is too much negativity here so I thought I'd take that first step to planting a rose garden in the forum. :)

DarthSetnom
07-14-2002, 06:31 PM
simple... many people were so eager to see this film and are so absolutely blind when it comes to SW they just refuse to see the huge flaws in the film.

MFH
07-14-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by DarthSetnom
simple... many people were so eager to see this film and are so absolutely blind when it comes to SW they just refuse to see the huge flaws in the film.

Yes, there are huge flaws. And I don't think it can all be blamed on JarJar. He was just a scapegoat for all the other problems such as midichlorians, Jake Loyd, etc.

But, there are some good things about EP1. I liked seeing astromechs repairing the outside of the ship while in space travel. And any scene with Darth Maul, though there weren't many, was good. The underwater city was cool. That was the first time we've seen water in Star Wars, not counting the swamps on Dagobah.
:D

Lman316
07-14-2002, 10:24 PM
Well, here are my reasons for why I liked it. Some just can't be explained, but others I will try to list here.

I really really enjoyed the lightsaber duels in this movie. When I was watching it for the first time, I was going through all the films and I was saying, this has to be the best duel (Obi and Qui vs. Maul) in the entire Saga, thus far. It just really stood out for me - it could have been longer - but it was great.

Next, I liked Jar Jar. Now, I'm sorry, there is no way you can't crack a smile towards the end when he says: "They all bwoken." I always smile when I hear him say that. It's cute, funny, whatever, I just like it, and I liked Jar Jar (that's not a defensive note, I'm just saying that that was one reason I like TPM).

Maul. Maybe it was the hype around his visage, how evil he appeared, but I just found him to be dark, cold, and great. Yes, he could have had some more time on screen and a few more lines (a lot more lines, if you ask me), but he was still a major thumbs up for that movie.

The Jedi Council - it was the first time we were able to see anything like that and with it, many different Jedi. Up to that point, we had only seen one human, and one unknown species Jedi, but in TPM we can see many different species that had been trained.

The Pod Race. It wasn't my favorite, but I have to admit that while I was watching it, I was excited. There was much adrenaline pumping, and I really wanted to see the outcome. At that point, I was so wrapped up in it, I didn't know that Anakin was actually going to win. I thought anything could happen.

Now, I know that some of these could have been done in TPM, even if the movie was different. But it was the mixture of these elements that allowed me to enjoy it.

I have given my arguments about the "flaws" and continuity errors before, but I'll give a couple quick examples:

Midichlorians. Okay, I was a little shocked myself when I heard this said, but it passed during my first viewing. Afterwards, I thought about it, and it just didn't seem worth worrying about. I had heard that Lucas had plans to reveal all this stuff, so I left it alone. And I still have faith that Lucas will "fix" it, even though I don't really see anything wrong with it. I understand that it was something that he put in to make Anakin look like the chosen one. Okay, so, what? Some other explanations might have been worse... I don't really like them or hate them, they're just there. I actually like JT's theory of them.

Qui-Gon found Ani, not Obi. Well, as I've said before, it's all a matter of semantics. It really depends on how you interpret what Obi-Wan said in ESB. And yes, there was a debate about those words used, BB actually looked them up in the dictionary. But, when I looked them up, I found that they better prove my point than orginally thought (I'll read them again and post them to give an example). However, I'll wait until Episode 3 to make any final judgments.

Jar Jar. To be perfectly honest, Jar Jar is stupid, but hear me out. I hear people saying that they didn't like the way this character was used. I think he was used perfectly. He's stupid. He's a half-wit, who gets into trouble; he's clumsy; he's nervous a lot; he's stupid. That's what he's supposed to be. Can't their be just plain and simply stupid individuals in the Star Wars universe? We have them all over our planet, why can't there be one there? And I know I'll get the argument: but it could have been done a lot better. How? How do you portray someone stupid in a better way? Yes, he was annoying, but that's who he is and who he was, just like a lot of people on this planet.
And I'm not even getting into the racial argument. That had no grounds and I find that utterly retarded and I won't even acknowledge it.

Well, that's all I feel like typing right now. If anyone wants me to follow up on something specific, just ask :D.

End...:crazed:.

jet chan
07-15-2002, 02:56 AM
the visuals in ep 1 were incredible like finally seeing corasant, and the jedi counsil and the senate to name a few. just seeing the insides of ships,deserts,tundra,forests ,swamps or space ports ;aside from cloud city we really didn't see any signs of civalized life it was great just to see how advanced the star wars universe really was. that in of itself was a visual treat.
finally seeing jeti fight in there prime was great too.
just seeing jedi.
and finally seeing the beginings of the down fall of the republic was sobering.

icatch9
07-15-2002, 08:35 AM
Sounds like the directions to a college essay test. Way to complicated. I like it becasue I do, I don't care if anyone else likes it or not. You know who else likes it? George Lucas, and that's good enough for me :)

Deckard Smith
07-15-2002, 09:14 AM
I enjoyed Episode 1. It was a fun summer popcorn movie with action, humor and excitement.

I thought Jar Jar Binks was a humorous addition to the cast of Star Wars characters. His difference from other people in the films makes him memorable.

Darth Maul was a visually interesting character. He visually expressed the idea of dark, menacing warrior.

I enjoy how the movie sets up the rest of the saga and yet stands alone as two hours of entertainment. It sets up a problem and resolves it in two hours. I think those who don't like the movie are frustrated film makers who are jealous of George Lucas' success.

187-Maul
07-15-2002, 10:40 AM
I actually love the moivie too and could watch it as often as the OT
I loved Darth Maul, the jedi fight scenes, the droidekas, the jedi council, the podrace, sebulba and to be honest jar jar was funny too
I don't want to explain why I like the characteres, I just do

jet chan
07-15-2002, 12:39 PM
the main reason i loved ep 1 is simple it made me feel like a kid again, just as when i first saw the ot but what made this one so special to me was that i saw it on my own no parents having to take me just me being there to enjoy it seeing it with "adult" eyes and desiding how many times i wanted to see the movie:D

darthvyn
07-15-2002, 12:59 PM
firstly, i like The Phantom Menace because it is Star Wars. i liked it because i got to see a brand new opening crawl, more lightsabers, more darths, more spaceships, more good conquering evil, more blasters, more planets, and new characters.

i like midichlorians. i like to have science and spirituality together. the fact that midichlorians exist doesn't mean that qui-gon is right about them. We only got his opinion on them at this point. everyone should check out this thread.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11337

the midis aren't going to go away, i just think that they aren't as important as we were led to believe.

as for the second portion of the essay, i am going to have to take half credit. all i will say is that the flaws of the movie were easy for me to overlook in order to enjoy the movie. yes, i admit there were flaws. it's far from the best of the saga, but it is better than most of the crap that gets made.

darthsal
07-15-2002, 03:15 PM
well here are the reasons i like episode 1

the introduction to the saga we all love
good characters although some bad ones
darth maul
the fights
the special effects
the new ships we had never seen before
great battle between gungans and battle droids
natalie portman is hot
good plot
how r2 d2 became are favorite astromech droid
how c 3po was born
darth vader as a 9 year old
and well the begining of it all
the podracers
the underwater scene
the scenery

theres alot more but there you have it , and for those who only dislike this movie because other people do and they want to be like them well lets just say i have more class then to tell you what i think about you

Lobito
07-15-2002, 03:22 PM
I liked the movie for all that represented...the begining of the OT.

The race was awesome...plus i always liked tatooine. The Jedi Council, OB1 and Qui Gon, Darth Maul. All the new beasts that appeared in Naboo, specially those underwater. Duel of the fates!! Coruscant...and the battles in space and in Naboo. :D

Jonna
07-15-2002, 03:23 PM
Because it was the first appearance of Plo Koon.

Deckard Smith
07-16-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
Because it was the first appearance of Plo Koon.

My first quote. :) My first smiley.

It was also the first appearance of the Q-tip Jedi.

Are the faults of a film there if you look for them so you can ignore them? Or are they not there because you enjoy the film? It's a strange conflict. It would appear as if you make the decision to enjoy or not enjoy the film beforehand and then rationalize your decision afterward. I can think of many films I enjoyed in my youth, that now frankly, I can't understand what the appeal was. And at the same time, my nostalgic feelings for them might elevate them above other films from the same era, even though the other film might be a better one.

stillakid
07-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Deckard Smith

My first quote. :) My first smiley.

It was also the first appearance of the Q-tip Jedi.

Are the faults of a film there if you look for them so you can ignore them? Or are they not there because you enjoy the film? It's a strange conflict. It would appear as if you make the decision to enjoy or not enjoy the film beforehand and then rationalize your decision afterward. I can think of many films I enjoyed in my youth, that now frankly, I can't understand what the appeal was. And at the same time, my nostalgic feelings for them might elevate them above other films from the same era, even though the other film might be a better one.

I hear what you're saying. But I don't believe for a second that anyone went into TPM looking for problems. After 20 years of anticipation, practically everyone was excited about seeing a new Star Wars movie. In terms of people who didn't like it, I don't know what a fair or accurate number would be, but there was significant critical (non-professional) backlash. Enough so that I know several people who didn't see AOTC because they were so disappointed in TPM. Heck, I wanted to like the Prequels, but I refuse to love every minute just because they have "Star Wars" stamped on them.

The first movie I thought of when you mentioned nostaligiac feelings was Logan's Run (for some unknown reason). Others might be Saturday Night Fever, Buck Rogers, etc. Looking back at them (with older eyes), those movies are downright awful. Fun for a kid, but they don't hold up. Now, looking back at the OT, those stories were so well written that they are still as good as the day they came out.

So, anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the perception that the Prequel's aren't that good isn't because we are all older now.

Darkross
07-16-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by jet chan
the visuals in ep 1 were incredible like finally seeing corasant, and the jedi counsil and the senate to name a few. just seeing the insides of ships,deserts,tundra,forests ,swamps or space ports ;aside from cloud city we really didn't see any signs of civalized life it was great just to see how advanced the star wars universe really was. that in of itself was a visual treat.
finally seeing jeti fight in there prime was great too.
just seeing jedi.
and finally seeing the beginings of the down fall of the republic was sobering.

I too liked seeing all of the civilizations that we saw on Naboo and Coruscant. Why oh why haven't we seen coruscant before in the OT I'll never know...I love that planet. The whole concept that a planet is one GIGANTIC city that is miles high is awesome. I love all of the Coruscant scenes in AOTC too! I wasn't too crazy about the Gungan city though...may have been more exciting if the Gungans didn't speak English and act so dumb!

jet chan
07-16-2002, 03:30 PM
i was watching ep 1 the other day with a friend and i said somethig to the effect of " with all the advance tech why do the gundam still ride animals and through those energy ball" and they said " look at there society they are basically envirmentalists" or something like and it got me to thinking and i was just thinking that wow it makes sense now why the gundam would do the things they did, and it made me like the movie more because of it. an odd reason but a reason, oh and it aslo got me to look at the underwater city in a different way.:happy: if

jet chan
07-16-2002, 03:32 PM
opps on the last "if" just a thaught that wasn't:confused: :stupid:

Jedi Knightrider
07-16-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by jet chan
opps on the last "if" just a thaught that wasn't:confused: :stupid:

you can edit posts by clicking on "edit" next to "quote" on the first bar under each post box. you can change anything you like! so now you don't have to feel like you're :stupid: :crazed:

jet chan
07-16-2002, 07:42 PM
thank you , just trying to get use to doing this stuff:D

Deckard Smith
07-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

I hear what you're saying. But I don't believe for a second that anyone went into TPM looking for problems. After 20 years of anticipation, practically everyone was excited about seeing a new Star Wars movie. In terms of people who didn't like it, I don't know what a fair or accurate number would be, but there was significant critical (non-professional) backlash. Enough so that I know several people who didn't see AOTC because they were so disappointed in TPM. Heck, I wanted to like the Prequels, but I refuse to love every minute just because they have "Star Wars" stamped on them.

The first movie I thought of when you mentioned nostaligiac feelings was Logan's Run (for some unknown reason). Others might be Saturday Night Fever, Buck Rogers, etc. Looking back at them (with older eyes), those movies are downright awful. Fun for a kid, but they don't hold up. Now, looking back at the OT, those stories were so well written that they are still as good as the day they came out.

So, anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the perception that the Prequel's aren't that good isn't because we are all older now.

Logan's Run! Ha ha ha. Was that the one with Michael York and everybody in leotards? I didn't even enjoy that one when it came out. I concur that no one was looking for flaws in Episode 1 when it came out. But it might bend too far in the other direction. Everyone was hoping for the perfect movie going experience and when it didn't happen, they amplified the flaws they saw. By that I mean they held a Star Wars movie to higher, unreachable standards than any other film. It inevitably failed. I guess we'll have to wait another twenty years and look at the prequel movies when we're in our 50's and 60's.

I still enjoy Saturday Night Fever. You hit my hair! A friend of mine would impersonate Travolta all day doing that dialogue from the film. I guess nostalgia kicks in and I think of him when I watch it.

2-1B
07-17-2002, 02:00 AM
. . . Logan's Run with Micheal York, the stepfather of Rick McCallum - 2 degrees of Star Wars ! ! ! :D :D :D

I'll be back to explain why I like (overall) Episode I - I've just not been into discussing the films lately. I'll be back though.

Pendo
07-18-2002, 03:31 PM
The reason why I "liked" Episode I was because the space battle was crap. You may now be thinking why do I like it because something was rubish in it, well the lightsaber duel topped the OT. What if everything in the PT topped everything in the OT, then the OT would be boring to watch and the action in it wouldn't seem that good. So with the space battle being rubish in Ep1 it means the space battles in the OT will be more exciting and enjoyable.

PENDO!

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 03:38 PM
I like Episode One of course because it was Star Wars. Despite its falts, and all movies have them, how can anyone not like a tale of Good battling Evil, were in the end there is a heroic battle in which many good souls perish to save the lives of others so that freedom can be restored. Also lets not forget it is just a movie.

Pendo
07-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Good point Jacen Solo. I also like TPM because of the good vs. evil story. Although that story isn't as powerful as it was for the OT, it is still there, and I like it.

PENDO!

Jawakiller
07-27-2002, 05:50 AM
i liked it and then i didn't. one of the main reasons for liking it was that it was star wars, but the way they tied things in and explained things on film. like c-3p0 meeting r2-d2, how c-3p0 came about, and plus a whole new generation of fans has been created. when i see a little 6 year old with a star wars t-shirt on it reminds me of myself. i think ep1 just expanded the whole saga and was meant to explain all the things we ever wondered how or who and now we can see it for ourselves and i enjoyed doing so. maybe its just me. it's hella late here and i think zzzzzzzzzzz!

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
You know who else likes it? George Lucas, and that's good enough for me :)
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................maybe he doesn't. I can see it now 20 years from now EPS 1,2,3 SE. IN THEATRES. I liked it because it was a new SW movie. A continuity of my childhood.

Jon
07-28-2002, 08:21 PM
Something to keep in perspective here is that The Phantom Menace was the most anticipated movie in history since perhaps Return of the Jedi. TPM had nothing new to us the way A New Hope blew everyone away. There weren't movies made like A New Hope back in the day. It helps that there were more likeable characters in ANH than in TPM....Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Vader...(by likeable I mean he literally scared the crap out of people back then). Also, when ANH came out nobody knew that there was going to be a trilogy or even two, nobody was worried about how everything tied together or what contradicted what. TPM had a whole lot working against it, even though nobody really realized it at the time.

Why I LOVE The Phantom Menace:

1) Darth Maul: he didn't need more lines, it would have been great, but his purpose was to show an evil dark Jedi that was supposed to scare the crap out of today's kids similar to what Vader did when I was a kid. He fought awesome, he looked awesome and served his purpose well.

2) Palpatine: Paply wasn't even in ANH and he could arguably be the most important character in the whole trilogy. We got to see the beginning of his plot to steal control..

3) Obi-Wan as an apprentice: Old Ben Kenobin was a boring character to me in the original trilogy. I was a young kid and thought the old guy was boring. Now his character has a ton of depth and continues to get better with each movie and everything he says in the original trilogy has new meaning, and TPM started that transition.

4) R2-D2: I don't understand why many people get upset at "convenience" with regards to R2 "happened" to be the Queen's droid and Anakin "happened" to accidentally destroy the Trade Federation ship. The old trilogy has equally so called convenient points. The introduction to 3PO was just such a cool moment in TPM.

5) The Jedi duel: The music and action at the time I thought was the best saber duel in any movie, although I have concluded Empire still has the best duel. But to watch Qui-Gon get whacked and OBI whack Maul and Obi Wan be forced to train Anakin was quite cool

6) Coruscant: As a kid I didn't even know Coruscant existed and TPM started to open that whole thing up

What I choose to ignore:

1) Jar Jar Binks: I take the good with the bad. I liked the character but not every little bit he did or said. I compare Jar Jar to the class clown in high school, some stuff real funny, most stuff insipid and immature, but easily ignorable, and my kids love him

2) Queen Amidala's imitation of Keanu Reeves. Speaking in a very monotone and uninspired voice and walking around like a statue. However, I can ignore it because she is a young 14 year old trying to act like a grown up ruling a planet. And I think that responsibility forces you to be constantly serious.

3) The Droid & Gungan battle. I just think it is boring once the Droids enter the forcefield. I can ignore it because the music and scenes of the droids being activated and marching is pretty freaking cool and I remember the theatre just sitting in awe.

4) Anakin & every one of his lines. Well, I can't ignore this or excuse this. This was a horrible decision. I am not blaming Jake Lloyd or trying to be mean here, I think the fault lies soley on Lucas here, but his performance was beyond terrible. 50% on the writing yiiippeeee!!! and very..........very........dangerous and 50% on the kid not knowing what to do.

In the end, this is my 5th favorite movie of the Trilogy. But I love it, I accept that if it says Star Wars I will be there to watch it, but I will criticize when it is necessary.

1) ESB, 2) AOTC, 3) ANH, 4) ROJ, 5) TPM

wow, long.

Darth Vellner
08-11-2002, 02:01 AM
It's ok.....But,

I wish george would have started the movie with them finding ani right away,training him,he grows up and we get to the stuff in AOTC. So, the stuff in EP.3 would of happened in Ep.2, then Ep.3 could show Darth Vader finishing off the last of the jedi and whatever. then, it leads right into "A new hope" (without a big gap in between the trilogies)

redfive41101
08-11-2002, 03:15 PM
I liked the movie because it was deeper then peoplep relized. I find most missed what was really going on. Did the good guys win? yes Did the bad? yes. While the queen saves her planet in the end she has no idea of the real events she has become a part of. In ROTJ the Emperor is very arrogant in thinking he already knows the outcome. His mastery of the force allows him to see events and dictate them. In TPM he shows this ability. Why else allow the Federation to blockade Naboo. He knew the Jedi would get involved and feel there was more behind it then a simple trade dispute. He knew they would get the queen to leave Naboo and bring her to the capitol. Once there he talked her into getting Valorum out of office, knowing he would be nominated and win. After she leaves he no longer needs her and tells Gunray and Maul to kill them.
I loved how on the surface it looked like any other good guys triumph over the bad but there are dark subplots that come to the forefront in E2 and will probaly explode in E3. On the DVD George Lucas even mentions Sidious knew she would come to Naboo.

Starfig873
08-13-2002, 12:11 PM
Blinded by the fact that it's Star Wars, give me a break.

I like watching the movie. I enjoy watching it, I like the characters in it. It's a fun movie. Of course it has flaws, big deal, I'm happy it has flaws, gives us something to talk about. :rolleyes:
(off topic, but take the Evil Dead trilogy fans for an example, you could spot flaws everywhere in all three movies, does it make it any less enjoyable to you? No, not at all. It doesn't matter to you. And it shouldn't here either.)

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Icatch9 is right, what is this a college thesis? Do we get extra credit if we talk about Ep2 also? Or maybe bonus points for agreeing with one of stillakid's previous arguments?:crazed:

Basically I liked Ep1 for my reasons and mine alone. If you didn't like it, that's fine with me. Your loss.

JesusFreak
08-24-2002, 07:12 PM
I found it a very enjoyable movie, I don't really think of it as a star wars movie as in comparing it to the OT, but it was a good, fun movie. I actually liked it more than Ep. 2. I can't really describe it better than being a fun movie.

bigbarada
08-24-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by DarthSetnom

Ooooo, I can't believe I missed this comment when I first read through this thread. This is the most idiotic reasoning I have heard about the people who liked Ep1. Instead of accepting the fact that different people simply have different tastes, this person makes a blanket statement in order to pidgeonhole and discredit anyone who disagrees with him.

Well that argument can be reversed also:

(disclaimer: this is an example of an ignorant, close minded argument and in no way reflects how I feel about the Prequel detractors)

"simple... many people are so hung up on the orginal trilogy that they are absolutely blind when it comes to new SW films and refuse to see all the good points in the film."

Sound stupid to you? Well, no stupider than DarthSetnom's comment.

Imperial Monarche
08-31-2004, 10:36 AM
I know this was posted by stillakid awhile ago but unfortunately I missed out on it and can't find it now, so if the moderators know where it's at maybe they can just merge this with it. But, if it doesn't exist anymore, I'm curious about what people like about TPM. Here it goes.

I pretty much like everything about it except for the kiddy humor and Jake Lloyd.

Droid
08-31-2004, 11:09 AM
I liked the Jedi as full fledged Jedi. I thought the movie was wonderful until they got to Naboo (though I don't like the Trade Federation voices). Seeing the Jedi bust up the battle droids, the lightsabers actually CUTTING, Qui-Gon melting the door. All great. I liked seeing the Jedi use "Force punches".

Obi-wan and Queen Amidala were great casting.

I thought that the shots of Coruscant were beautiful.

I liked the idea of the Jedi Council.

I liked Watto and thought the computer animation of him was great.

Though I thought the pod race was an unnecessary distraction and would have rather someone was chasing Anakin than had a "race", I thought it was a joy to watch.

I think the lightsaber duel is the best sword fighting in all five movies.

Darth Maul was terrific.

Most of what bugs me about the Phantom Menace didn't bother me the first day I saw it. It's a great movie. Just doesn't mesh with the classic trilogy all that well in my opinion.

JEDIpartner
09-01-2004, 09:59 AM
I thought it was a good set up for the prequel movies. I think a good number of the story arcs shakily tie into the original three, but I will still go along with it.

I liked seeing the Jedi as they were in their heyday.

Watching Ewan channel Sir Alec Guiness was a real treat. I think he did a marvelous job.

Natalie Portman was a perfect fit for the Queen and I find her to be a pleasure to watch as the series has progressed.

I thought the film was visually stunning.

I really enjoyed the political aspects of the story.

I guess, inspite of the fact that it wasn't quite as good as the other movies in this series, it's still fun and better than most of the tripe in this genre.

TheDarthVader
09-02-2004, 05:37 PM
I like:

1. The podrace
2. The character of Watto
3. More alien species seen!
4. The origin of Anakin Skywalker
5. Queen Amidala as portrayed by Natalie Portman :)
6. Characters of Obi Wan Kenobi, Qui Gon Jinn, and Mace Windu
7. Plo Koon is one of my favorite characters
8. Kenobi/Jinn/Maul Lightsaber duel is argueably one of the best in SW
9. Darth Sidious' plans within plans
10. Ian McDiramid's portrayal of Sidious/Palpatine

B.
TDV

Maatkare
09-08-2004, 08:37 AM
I like every episode of Star Wars.

In Episode I. I like the culture of Naboo, Natalie was a great queen Amidala, and the Theed was so beutiful. I like the characters Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan too.
I would like some very big pictures about Qui-Gon and from Obi-Wan for big wallpapers (1280*960). Can somebody help me?
My e-mail address is: farkas@mail.kozut.hu
Thanks.
Maatkara