PDA

View Full Version : Super BattleDroids Could Just be Destoyer Droids???

GNT
10-10-2001, 05:29 AM
I was thinking about this and I came to the conclusion that the "Super Battledroids" as put in so called "scripts" could just be Destroyer Droids,think about it, Destroyers are a super version of the Battle Droid only with super stuff eg Two cannan blaster things for a hand, can roll up and has a shield, to prove this on the official website check the destroyers databank you'll see that both Ep1 and EP2 have been lighted up,meaning the Destoyer Droids will be in EP2 :)

Thoughts?

JediTricks
10-10-2001, 11:33 AM
Nope, I don't buy it. Destroyer Droids already have a name in the movie, I don't think they'd rewrite Ep 1 already.

Co Jo-Da
10-11-2001, 12:25 AM
Super BattleDroids will probably look like the Turret Droids from the PlayStation game Jedi Power Battles.

Jedi Clint
10-11-2001, 10:17 PM
In the storyboards they looked similar to this (please forgive the lack of detail):

Co Jo-Da
10-12-2001, 12:22 AM
If they look something like that...I'll be happy with them.

GNT
10-12-2001, 02:40 AM
Nice drawing :) I don't know? its a long Wait to see what they turn out to be

Jargo
10-15-2001, 07:45 PM
At the risk of being taken to the cleaners owing to law suits, I happen to know of someone who has the storyboards who would be willing to mail a copy of the particular frames which contain the super destroyer droid designs. ;) If you know what I mean..... allegedly. :)

master jedi
10-15-2001, 10:06 PM
I'v attached the story board of the super battle droid.

Co Jo-Da
10-16-2001, 01:16 AM
They look better and better...

GNT
10-18-2001, 02:57 AM
I dont know what to think, from the cartoon picture it does seem like a cool looking droid,although I would like to see tthe destroyers again :)

Jargo
10-18-2001, 02:42 PM
From those storyboards - which must be genuine given that a lot of the photos coming from the official site have proven certain shots detailed in the boards - it appears that the battle droids, destroyer droids and the new super droids are all in the geonosis arena slicing and dicing jedi left right and center. There's a shot where a jedi slashes down a super droid only to be shot in the back by a battle droid. very cool.
GNT, I have despatched my carrier pidgeon with a copy of that for you :)

GNT
10-19-2001, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
GNT, I have despatched my carrier pidgeon with a copy of that for you :)

Thankyou :), I've never seen the ones you sent me before.... But sweet as hell it is:)

Jargo
10-19-2001, 09:15 AM
As far as I know, the leaked storyboards contained 24 pages of the battle in the rain and 45 pages of the arena battle. And by pages I mean there's images of pages. Some two frames and some four frames. I downloaded both of those scenes a while ago and get a kick out of the Reek and Jango's decapitation..... :)
I'll probably get a nasty e-mail from Lucs' lawyers now for distributing what is technically stolen goods. But the quality on a few frames is quite bad because someone in their infinate wisdom saved them as gif files not jpeg therefore losing quality and clarity. Some of the pics are crystal clear and the detail is fantastic. Mace Windu is really gonna blow your minds with his fighting scenes. Jango comes across as very human with all the frailties and failings anybody would have while trying to fight in such a stupid suit. He's not as lame as Boba fett in the OT though :)
Send me a private message for more.....:)

Jargo
10-26-2001, 02:32 PM
I hate the fact that you can't edit after 1440 seconds. That last post of mine seems worthy of being deleted.

Anyway, just wanted to post this episode one design by Doug Chiang. It was a discarded destroyer/battle droid design that looks remarkably like these new super droids in the storyboards. What do you guys think?

Jedi Clint
10-26-2001, 03:08 PM
Excellent find Jargo! It does have a striking resemblance to the Super Droids from the leaked storyboards.

GNT
10-26-2001, 11:11 PM
Man that Battle Droid has been taking alot of drugs lately :eek: :eek:

Co Jo-Da
10-27-2001, 12:07 AM
Man, those things look cool. Great find Jango, where due you find all this cool stuff.

GNT
10-27-2001, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Man, those things look cool. Great find Jango, where due you find all this cool stuff.

He has a hole stash of Star Wars pictures :) :eek: :eek:

Jargo
10-27-2001, 07:50 AM
Actually gross as it sounds I found it while thumbing through the art of episode one book while sitting on the toilet! :o

I just figured that a lot of discarded deigns were being utilised for this movie, the Geonosians are the planned EP1 Neimoidian design tinkered with, the flying whales are from the ANH design portfolio, and this superdroid is probably just this old battle droid design. I suppose they don't waste anything with such a huge back catalog of stuff to draw on. Wonder what else I'll find while sitting on my throne.....:p

JediTricks
10-27-2001, 10:09 AM
You know, I actually think that design looks cool, but not very Star Wars-y. I mean, even the Dark Forces video game Darktroopers made more sense than these designs, since they LOOKED like stormtroopers but were robots (except for the last Darktrooper in the game, Moc).