PDA

View Full Version : Underwater? Why?

Jason B
07-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Yes, another stupid why question. ;)

In AOTC, one of those long winged creatures with a Kamonian on its back comes flying out from underneath the water. The question is, why? What's underwater? Another thing. If it's always stormy, how did they build the nice, clean buildings they have?

Any ideas?

LTBasker
07-14-2002, 07:48 PM
1. The water part was just to show-off the CGI they did for Kamino where they originally wanted flying beasts for Bespin and then Naboo but couldn't due to budget reasons (i think) so they were finally able to show off.

2. The buildings were like that because those aliens made a ton of money from Close Encounters and were able to import the buildings.

MFH
07-14-2002, 07:53 PM
Maybe there is something underwater, and we'll find out in Ep3.

MikeAndTheBots
07-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

2. The buildings were like that because those aliens made a ton of money from Close Encounters and were able to import the buildings.
That was great man. Wonder what Steven Spielberg said when he saw it. He prolly laughed knowing him though.

Jason B
07-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by MFH
Maybe there is something underwater, and we'll find out in Ep3.

I hope not.

Dar' Argol
07-14-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
Yes, another stupid why question. ;)

In AOTC, one of those long winged creatures with a Kamonian on its back comes flying out from underneath the water. The question is, why? What's underwater? Another thing. If it's always stormy, how did they build the nice, clean buildings they have?

Any ideas?

There is a lot of life under tha water. More of it is explained in the book. Like a scene where you first meet Jango and Boba. They are outside Tipoca City "spearing" Rollerfish. I think they did this to show that there is life in the water, creatures all around.

There was times of calm:

Originally written in the book, page 123:D
The rain had let up a bit, a rare occasion in this watery place, allowing for some calm surface area, at least, and the pair stared hard, searching for the meter-long dark silhouettes of rollerfish.

And more on the structure:

Originally writting in the book, page 123:D
Kamino had been designed, or upgraded at least, by many of the best architects the galaxy could offer, who understood well that the best way to battle planetary elements was to subtly dodge them.

So if it was the "best the galaxy could offer" and they "understood well that the best way to battle planetary elements was to subtly dodge them", then they had to have certain methods designed to build on a planet such as Kamino.

DeadEye
07-14-2002, 10:42 PM
The creature was probably getting food from underwater to feed the denizens of Tipoca city. Unless they have one hell of a hydroponics bay, they must eat plenty of seafood. :D

Exhaust Port
07-14-2002, 10:54 PM
The rider didn't seem to have breathing equipment, are the Kamonians (sp?) both water and air breathers?

DeadEye
07-15-2002, 09:52 AM
They'd have to be, as much as it rains on the planet...otherwise, they'd always have a cold! :D Imagine Obi-Wan coming in and Taun We sneezes on him...he'd be like, "Okay, walking somewhere else now..." :p

Deckard Smith
07-15-2002, 10:31 AM
If the planet is 99% water, I imagine that a majority of their economy takes place beneath the surface. Mining, fishing, etc. Tipoca City was probably created for the purpose of creating, training, and housing the HUMAN army. They would have trouble surviving under water while they were growing to adult size.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-15-2002, 12:54 PM
According to SWI #60, it only constantly rains on Kamino during the autumnal season.

hango fett
07-15-2002, 02:59 PM
i think we may have to wait till after E3 and maybe someone will write another EU. it could be about kamino...dur...