PDA

View Full Version : A nice wee find (ooo Betty)

britcit3
10-10-2001, 10:16 AM
Ain't it nice to find something that you never knew existed before?

I was looking in a TRU in Liverpool today when an old Alien Resurrection figure caught my attention.

Upon picking the box of the AQUA ALIEN up, I noticed a small piece of plastic in the corner of the box - it was THE BETTY, the small smugglers ship from the film.

I of course bought it (3 - bargain) and took the ship out.

It is excellent - not quite as detailed as an MM and made of softer plastic, but still a brilliant addition to my collection.

Have a look at the pic.

BC3

good shot jansen
10-10-2001, 10:54 AM
nice find! you definately got the sci-fi mini ship karma.

in reference to your new and improved sig line, we'se all gonna have to start callin' you red!

vulcantouch
10-10-2001, 04:25 PM
-why Sure it is- when I'm the one to find it, that is!!! when Ya'll find it it sets me on edge, knowin there's somethin out there i might want & don't have, and now have to go run mah hump ragged tryina find :mad: :mad: :mad: ;)
so how big is betty anyway? same size as an mm? i don't spose you got any xtras for us, didja? :rolleyes: plz post a pic of complete, pkgd toy so i can program my visual scanning :)
so, gettin into the droids (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1093), are ye? well it just so happens i found an o-o-p 2-1b at a yard sale this weekend. not in Perfect shape (coupla minor paintscuffs), and missing his lame handheld diagnostic tool, but say the word & it's yours :) meanwhile, i'd think any droid collector'd definitely want a Bomaar Monk :) b'jr had me get him several when they came out and is willing to part with one so you can have one, but he really likes em and would only do so in a trade (see my prev. arm-twistins :) ). lmk if you want me to arrange :)
meanwhile, lmk if you want 2-1b & i'll enclose it in yer stuff; otherwise b'jr'll incorporate it into the medical atrocity section (http://fan.starwars.com/_ksi0701961588910608/sabretoothcollection/files/aut_4177bjcollectionmm_7f.jpg) of his hell diorama ;)
vt
np: trammps, "disco inferno"

britcit3
10-10-2001, 05:10 PM
Eh up VT

I have already aquired 1 of EVERY droid except the B'Omarr - aquired the last one TC-14 last week (don't want variants of battle droids - diff paint jobs don't interest me).

However, I am heading back into my home town again tomorrow to see if I can pick up a Betty for GSG, so what do you say, a Betty for a B'Omarr (if they have any left)?

LMK

BC3

SWAFMAN
10-10-2001, 10:20 PM
VT - Those "Aqua Aliens" were all over Kaybee last holiday season. I passed on them, but never noticed the 'lil "Betty". I'll keep an eye out around here for one (or more). So's I don't go and buy 'em, then find out the price was too hi fer 'ya, what's the limit I should pay for them?

vulcantouch
10-10-2001, 11:45 PM
i kinda doubt b'jr'll agree to that bc3 (i think he's got his taste buds Set on your xtra sst & mib mms ;) ), but i'll ask him if you wish :)
thanx for offer swaffinator :cool: lessee, since i only collect stuff that's the equal in Some way to an mm ship, and we already know betty's not comparable re detail, that leaves price, So: $2 is the max i'll pay for that mulffer (used to have a stoner pal who Actually pronounced "muffler" that way :rolleyes: ), not countin shipping. so for example, if toy's $3 and you think the aqualien's worth $1 to keep for yourself, sounds like a nice (price)tag team to me ;)
vt
np: kim carnes (Must i cite the track for y'all? :rolleyes: )

LTBasker
10-11-2001, 12:57 AM
Hmm, appears to be around the size of the Defiant MM...just my guess tho.

britcit3
10-11-2001, 01:48 AM
The Betty is pretty much the same length as the MM Drop Ship.

BC3

r2dee2
10-11-2001, 09:48 AM
Medical Atrocity Section (http://fan.starwars.com/sabretoothcollection/files/aut_4177bjcollectionmm_7f.jpg) corrected link:D

LTBasker
10-11-2001, 12:42 PM
Someone's a bit sadistic... :D :p :rolleyes: :cool:

SWAFMAN
10-11-2001, 09:25 PM
VT - message received. I'll watch for it.

JediTricks
10-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
well it just so happens i found an o-o-p 2-1b at a yard sale this weekend. not in Perfect shape (coupla minor paintscuffs), and missing his lame handheld diagnostic tool...Hey, that diagnostic tool is in the movie!

vulcantouch
10-12-2001, 11:06 AM
. . . & he wanted me to axe you if you'd trade your mib4, sst2 & ep1 10 pax for it; oh well, such is the back&forth of trade negotiations :rolleyes: lmk.

but on the other hand jt, ackbar's wrist-gun Ain't in the movie, but it's Still cool :) to use art theory terminology, my VerdicT's based on formalism (the way it looks) rather than contextualism (whether or not it's canon).
didn't you mention louis black around here somewhere? fun reference :cool:
vt
np: glass, "north star"

britcit3
10-12-2001, 11:31 AM
Sorry VT

No can do on that trade - the boxed stuff IS part of my collection.

I should be able to pick up a B'Omarr quite cheaply at auction.

GSJ - your Betty is on the way.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
10-12-2001, 11:34 AM
PS just got this fro Sci-Fi miniatures.

Pretty cool.

BC3

vulcantouch
10-12-2001, 11:51 AM
let us know how you do w/bomarr :)
bioship? where where?? i just went to scifimins (via link on your site) and didn't see! do they give you free sneak preview ships? (they should, your link probably gets em a lotta business :) ) as for myself: seeing as how their ships are unpainted, i'll wait until they go down to $2 each before buying. see? just like you & b'jr, i too can stick to my guns :cool:

britcit3
10-12-2001, 12:32 PM
They haven't added it to their site yet, but you can email 'em.

And yes you were right, they do give me the occassional freebie for my link.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
10-13-2001, 01:05 PM
My Louis Black reference was in the Trek thread about "Enterprise" ripping off that Rod Stewart song.

Huckleberry Josh
10-18-2001, 04:36 PM
Nice work my young apprentice .