PDA

View Full Version : Orange Card with Hologram sticker

DarthX
07-15-2002, 01:49 AM
i'm curious to know, just which of the orange card actaully got a hologram sticker on it? the official ones i know are yoda, stormtrooper n ben. But i've seen a jawa n leia as well, wat bout you guys? And anyone of you heard bout a foreign Orange card R2D2 with hologram sticker as well?

bobafett07728
07-15-2002, 10:05 AM
I have seen R2-D2 with Holostickers on a Canadian card on numerous occasions, and have come to the conclusion that it is probobly legit. However, I am still quite skeptical about any others being released (with the exception of Yoda, Stormtrooper, and Ben.) If it did occur, it was most likely just a production error of somesort. Thats just my opinion.

TheBigSloppy
07-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Leia is a legitimate variation. There were the three already mentioned, plus Leia. Leia, by far, is the rarest of the red cards with hologram.

TheBigSloppy
07-15-2002, 10:39 AM
Well. Out of curiosity I visited our friends at Brians Toys to see how rare they think the red cards w/ holograms are. They had the run of the mill ones AND THEN some. Vader w/ holo ($125), X-Wing Luke w/ holo ($134.99), Han in Carbonite w/ holo ($194.99), asforementioned Leia w/ holo ($149.99) and TIE Fighter Pilot w/ holo ($194.99).

I just can't justify spending that kind've dough for JUST a sticker. I think I will fire up the hair dryer, peel it off a green card and tack it back onto a red card.

sith_killer_99
07-15-2002, 09:56 PM
Yeah, that'd be my solution.

Then you can have ALL 26 Orange Carded figures with Holo's.:D

ACPin
07-16-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Yeah, that'd be my solution.

Then you can have ALL 26 Orange Carded figures with Holo's.:D
Not really, for starters Luke Tatooine and Dagobah were never issued on green cards. The Lando on green card is htf so I don't think you'd want to mess it up if you got one.

sith_killer_99
07-16-2002, 09:30 AM
OOoops, ya got me there.

I forgot about those two.:eek:

And wasn't the Lando (green card) only released in the Sam's Club 3-pack or something. I know we've had this discussion before.

BTW, for any die hard customizers out there I believe ffurg.com has a way to make the holo foil stickers.;)

jdmarlow
07-17-2002, 07:40 PM
1. Ben Kenobi (OC w/ Holo)
2. Stormtrooper (OC w/ Holo)
3. Yoda (OC w/ Holo)

These are the only ones in my collection. I think there was a Vader. Anybody know all of them?

Turbowars
08-12-2002, 06:39 PM
I found a leia OC with HS for $15 at a collectors store when they fristcame out. It's rare, but Brians Toys marks things up about 300%. I don't see how they stay alive. I guess it's the rich. Brians toys buys whole collections from people and turns around and makes about triple. I wish I had the $ to do that:)