PDA

View Full Version : Did Lando In Skiff Disguise ever come out?

BillyJAck
07-15-2002, 02:31 AM
Did Lando in Skiff guard ever come out. Its listed in collectors archive but i never saw it. Can't find pictures...Just wondering...

thanks

billy

Beast
07-15-2002, 02:39 AM
It was supposed to be in the final assortment for last year, and was cancelled and the figures from that assortment have not been released yet. The assortment was to include, Lando Calrissian: Skiff Guard Disguise, Gamorrean Guard, and I believe the 3rd one was going to be a re-issue of Leia: Boushh.

The only 12" Lando: Skiff Guard Disguise that is is listed in the archives is under the Applause Vinyl Figures. Yes, that was released, but it's not 12". I think the applause line is more like 10 1/2" or so. Mine are put away at the moment, so I can't check. The database incorrectly lists it as a 12" figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-15-2002, 02:40 AM
????????

My bad, I didn't read the header saying 12"

BillyJAck
07-15-2002, 02:42 AM
o man...were those figures you said that got canceled shown at the toy fair last year???????? If so are their toy fair photos of them? How could they cancel Gammorrean Guard. God...I hope to see those...but not being at the Toy Fair makes me think the project was squashed.

Beast
07-15-2002, 02:43 AM
Nope, they were not shown at Toy Fair last year. Hasbro most of the time never shows their 4th Quarter Product at Toy Fair. There are quite alot of cancelled 12" figures. A couple of 12" E1 Assortments even got cancelled. To bad also, because there were some really nice figures planned for the 12" E1 line.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-15-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Brandon, wrong section. This is the 12" section. He was asking about a 12" version of everyone's favorite ladies man. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yup, I just realized that and edited my post. Sorry about that guys. JarJarBinks nothing gets past you. You're too darn fast bro, it's like your a droid ( computer ) or something. LOL

Beast
07-15-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Yup, I just realized that and edited my post. Sorry about that guys. JarJarBinks nothing gets past you. You're too darn fast bro, it's like your a droid or something. LOL
No problems Brandon. I also edited my post, to reflect the fact that you edited your post. No worries. Everyone makes mistakes, I have known to myself....from time to time. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BillyJAck
07-15-2002, 02:51 AM
I'm convinced JarJar just has a computer wrist watch or a PC built in his head. He's on the forum boards ALOT and is so quick to respond. he eh he...WELL i wonder if those canceled figure exist in prototype form...I wish they'd come out with that lando skiff and some skiff guards multipack...and while your at it...a 12 inch skiff....If that 12inch company can make that big jeeps and vehicles cheap..so hasbro can do this easily they would just charge high price to milk this star wars thing even more.

DarthBrandon
07-15-2002, 02:53 AM
LOL

Thankx JarJarBinks, you're a scolar and a gentleman.

Beast
07-15-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
WELL i wonder if those canceled figure exist in prototype form...I wish they'd come out with that lando skiff and some skiff guards multipack...and while your at it...a 12 inch skiff....If that 12inch company can make that big jeeps and vehicles cheap..so hasbro can do this easily they would just charge high price to milk this star wars thing even more.
The only thing I have ever seen, in regards to prototypes for cancelled 12" figures was the head for Ody Mandrell w/ Pit Droid. Sadly I have misplaced my pictures though, and they are no longer posted in the Collector's Archives. :(

Don't ever expect to see a 12" skiff. It's way to big, and judging by the Speeder Bike's price, it would likely run around $300.00-$400.00. I can see them possibly doing Weequey though. Oh wait, that's right. The 3rd figure was originally going to be Weequey, and then reports stated that they were going to go with Leia: Boushh instead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-15-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
I'm convinced JarJar just has a computer wrist watch or a PC built in his head. He's on the forum boards ALOT and is so quick to respond. he eh he...WELL i wonder if those canceled figure exist in prototype form...I wish they'd come out with that lando skiff and some skiff guards multipack...and while your at it...a 12 inch skiff....If that 12inch company can make that big jeeps and vehicles cheap..so hasbro can do this easily they would just charge high price to milk this star wars thing even more.

Yes, I know what your saying B.J., I can't figure out for the life of me how he does it.

Probably in time we will see them, and if they came in a multipack I would surely buy them. We have approx. 5 to 6 years of good collecting to do, so in some shape or form they may come out.

About the vehicles, I doubt we would see it happen as Hasbro stated that the 3 3/4 line was their bread and butter.

My big pet peeve is that we never got a 3 3/4 vehicle Star Destroyer. I know it would have to be huge, about the size of a small car, but wouldn't it be cool ?

BillyJAck
07-15-2002, 03:17 AM
Here's two things I just plain ole don't understand fellas

1st HASBRO the company that made GIJOE back in the 1980's made a HUGE vehicle/playset called the USS FLAGG...I mean this thing was HUGE! It was like 5 feet long. If I remember it was like $350-$400 back then. So why the heck they don't make a scale star destroyer that big I have now Idea...or Jabba's Sail Barge which is what i'd like to see. Must have a different mentality and CEO than they did as a great company back then...its a damn shame..

2nd: If 21st century Toys, a much smaller company than Hasbro can make a 12 inch scale JEEP and its only $40 Hasbro can make a scale Skiff with a figure for $150. Hasbro has the means to make such items way cheaper on all cost and stages of making and production of a 12 inch skiff then 21st century can. And that jeep was sold at every TRU in US... So Hasbro can make a skiff and include a Nikto , Weequay , or whoever and sell it at $150 and turn a profit. Hell make it limited to 15,000 pieces...its easy done than they like to let on.

What this really comes down to in your saying that it would be $400 is that Hasbro tries to milk their stars wars products and license for everything its worth. And they refuse to make Big things cause they percieve them as a big possible loss and risk...its sad...I want a 12 inch skiff and a 3 3/4 scale Jabba Sale barge. Or Even a Scaled Millennium Falcon for $200 for 3 3/4 ...that would be the day and hasbro could do them all..they just worried about taking anykind of loss for bigger products that might be unsuccessful....

billy

DarthBrandon
07-15-2002, 03:40 AM
I hear you on the Star Destroyer and even the Sail Barge, but the 12" in line Hasbro has made it known that the 3 3/4 line was their top priority. I can't see why they wouldn't do them myself. I've seen the jeep's, tanks etc. that 21st century Toys have made and I can't see why Hasbro couldn't do this as well. Maybe it is the almighty dollar factor that you mentioned and maybe it's just as simple as this: Hasbro sticks to the same format time and time again. If they didn't then I would see 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figures that were made like the GI Joe ones , and you would see the vehicles for 12" figures that you desire.

Beast
07-15-2002, 03:45 AM
BillyJack, Hasbro owns the GIJOE franchise though. They can take bigger risks with things, because they didn't pay a billion dollars to Lucasfilm for the rights. The USS FLAGG was good for it's time, but now adays somthing like that, likely wouldn't fly. It's to big and to expensive for most parents. Especially now adays when kids are more intrested in video game systems then action figures. I'm not sure if the U.S.S Flagg was as expensive as you quoted though.

21st Century Toys is a more collector driven line. People that are into accuracy and war minitures buy that line. They also don't have to pay huge licensing fees to a company to make the toys. Not only is the skiff larger then a Jeep, it also would have to be an exclusive which would hike the price up. If they ever did do one, most likely it would go FAO Schwartz, because most other stores don't wanna carry Star Wars toys over $100.00.

It's not just a case of taking a possible loss, as I said it's finding a retailer with enough faith in the Star Wars brand to accept such and expensive product. It's just not feasible now adays, especially with the 12" line being primarily collector focused, and not having that many people that are into them as the 4" line does.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-15-2002, 03:49 AM
JJB
Sadly I have misplaced my pictures though, and they are no longer posted in the Collector's Archives. :(

"Impossible. Perhaps the Collector's Archives are incomplete."

"If a figure does not appear in our records, it does not exist!"

N-2PF
07-15-2002, 04:29 AM
Ody's picture:

Beast
07-15-2002, 04:37 AM
Thanks N-2PF. I knew that someone out there still knew where to find it. I still wish some of those cancelled 12" figures would come out. I was intrested in getting the Senator Palpatine and Nute Gunray figures that were planned. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-15-2002, 10:42 AM
JJB
I was interested in getting the Senator Palpatine and Nute Gunray figures that were planned.

"It's unthinkable! That after 4 trials in the SUpreme Court (and 3 years since his last movie) Nute Gunray is STILL the viceroy of the Trade Federation (and not represented in 12" form)."

Beast
07-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
"It's unthinkable! That after 4 trials in the SUpreme Court (and 3 years since his last movie) Nute Gunray is STILL the viceroy of the Trade Federation (and not represented in 12" form)."
Having fun, Caesar? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks