PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca Thread (MERGED)

Darth Sidious
07-14-2002, 08:30 PM
Ive found out that Bespin escape Chewbacca's net DOES have a strap so he can hold it on his back. Find the knot on the rim of the net and pull it, and his net will close tighter and a strap will be there so you can put it over his neck. It works well, he can actually stand with the net on his back. Thought you all should know... :)

hango fett
07-14-2002, 08:37 PM
thanx! i'm getting a chewie and obi-wan pilot in the mail soon and wanted to know the same thing because the one in the pack doesn't look like it has a strap.

Jason B
07-14-2002, 08:38 PM
I just pull the string out, and put it in his left hand. You can turn the wrist, so his palm is facing up, and it actually looks half-decent. The bag rests on the ground, but it helps support him. I just don't like how it looks on his back.

jonboy
07-14-2002, 10:33 PM
I tried putting the net on his back. He ended up falling over every time I tried to stand him up.

Master Goeweins
07-14-2002, 11:47 PM
I had to put mine on a figure stand to keep balance. And that was after it took me a while to work his bag so it didn't hang down below his butt. It's a tricky figure, but I still like it once I got it.

yukface27
07-15-2002, 01:17 AM
I haven't even got the friggin' guy to stand up, because I can't get the net to look good on his back. I haven't got the 3PO to sit comfortably on top of the parts either. Whatever, the figure still kicks arse.

Forhekset
07-15-2002, 07:52 AM
I just used the net from my POTF2 removable limbs 3PO. That one has a nice wide strap on it. Although 3PO still sorta looks like crap piled into the net, and he does make Chewbacca pretty top heavy.

hango fett
07-15-2002, 12:43 PM
i just got a chewie out of the pack today and he rocks! he has the best sculpt of a chewie yet! the only problem is that it doesn't really carry the cargo net well...other than that, A+!

Darth Sidious
07-15-2002, 01:06 PM
Did you find The Strap? (On the net). Because mine stands and holds the net fairly well with The Strap. I agree, it is a great figure :).

jonboy
07-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Chewy does rule. The best version to date.

brentfett
07-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Looks great, and a great buy too with all the stuff you get with him!

Jason B
07-15-2002, 01:17 PM
Yeah, great figure. I can't get the net to hang off of his back, so I have him holding it in his left hand instead.

hango fett
07-15-2002, 02:22 PM
yes...i found the strap. i just wish that they could have had a 3po that you could fully put together. oh, well....

THE Slayer
07-15-2002, 06:16 PM
I tossed the net to mechanic chewie, Gave the new one a lightsaber and BAM, Wookie Jedi. With his flat palm he looks like he's doing a force push and looks great in my tiny fake arena.

Even if wookie jedi's are EU.

hango fett
07-16-2002, 12:05 PM
good idea, THE slayer! i'll do that too!

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 05:53 AM
After about 20 minutes of fussing, I finally got this figure to stand on its own while wearing the bag at the proper height with C-3PO's head sticking out the top (that was easily the toughest part). Basicaly, I pulled the string out at the knot and then closed the bag with 3PO facing out the opening with his head away from the knot. Then I pulled the extra string with the knot over the bag and under Chewie's head, then bent Chewie way forward and pushed his head upwards.

aceguide
07-17-2002, 02:55 PM
I just wish I could find a Chewie!!!!!!!!!!!!

pthfnder89
07-17-2002, 02:59 PM
I've been trying to dig out my POTF2 Removable Limbs Threepio to try out that net, but I can't seem to find it:(:( Has anyone else given that one a shot?

thespar
07-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
I just wish I could find a Chewie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same here i can not find him anywhere local rigth now.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-17-2002, 05:25 PM
I haven't busted out my Chewie yet, so I ask those of you who have...What are the 9 points of articulation so blatantly written on the card back?

I can only see the shoulders, wrists, head (does it turn), and I think the waist. That's four, what about the other five?

Beast
07-17-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I haven't busted out my Chewie yet, so I ask those of you who have...What are the 9 points of articulation so blatantly written on the card back?

I can only see the shoulders, wrists, head (does it turn), and I think the waist. That's four, what about the other five?
I think they are hyping up the articulation, because no Chewbacca figure to date has had so much articulation. But, it really has more then 9, if you count different articulation in the same joint as more then 1. There is no waist articulation though. The figure has Legs (2), Shoulders (2) Elbows (2) Wrists (2), Head (1). But the shoulder not only has a regular joint, but it also has a second joint as well. And the head is ball jointed, so not only does the head turn, it also can be moved front and back. So if you want to be picky, it ends up with 12 points. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Figurestasher
07-18-2002, 12:18 AM
I was disappointed in this Chewie. If you get his pack on right and fix Threepio he displays well, but you breath on him and have a buddy check him out and he falls all over the place. I recommend a stand for sure with this guy. Also Threepio's head should stay on better, in my opinion it doesn't have to stay lit but at least stay on a little better, geez. The articulation in the arms is cool though.

Figurestasher
07-18-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I've been trying to dig out my POTF2 Removable Limbs Threepio to try out that net, but I can't seem to find it:(:( Has anyone else given that one a shot?

The POTF2 cargo net is to small for the Saga C-3PO and kinda tight for Chewie's neck. I almost ripped it trying to get it to fit. The saga net seems better I guess.

bigbarada
07-18-2002, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't know about the Threepio that came with Chewie since I tossed it in my spare accessory/unwanted figures box. I gave him the bowcaster from the 25th Chewie and presto the perfect Chewie!

I use a Mechanic Chewie with the POTF2 Rem. Limb Threepio for my Bespin Escape diorama. He looks fine, so no need to change him out.

Like the Artoo w/holo Leia, this is the quintessential Chewbacca figure and Hasbro will be hard pressed to improve upon it. I do foresee several more inferior Chewies in the coming years, just like all the inferior Artoos that have come out since the Holo Leia version.

Jek Porky 2002
07-20-2002, 09:39 AM
Does anybody else have problems getting C-3PO into the net that comes with Bespin Chewie? I just cant seem to get him into a possition that looks good, and sometimes I manage to get it looking O.K but its too droopy to go on Chewies back, anybody got any tips?

hango fett
07-20-2002, 10:08 AM
i have the same problem....i just put the torsso and head sepratly in the net. and he just holds it.....but still looks cool...

Lman316
07-20-2002, 10:41 AM
Yes, I've found a great tip, but it might not work for everyone. Yeah, just use the cargo net that came with the Removable Limbs 3P0. That's what I did :D...

End...

Jek Porky 2002
07-20-2002, 11:15 AM
I thought that aswell, but I don't have it anymore.

Jargo
07-20-2002, 11:41 AM
I tried in vain to get the net to work and gave up. Deciding that the bespin arrival was more fun anyway. So put the 3PO in a box under the bed and gave Chewie the gun from the 25th anniversary version and replaced Bespin escape Leia with the Leia from the princess leia Bespin 2-pack. Bespin capture han, Bespin escape lando minus gun, Removable limbs 3PO, the ugnaughts and two bespin guards. All I need now is for hasbro to release the cloud car pilot a I'll be happy. :)

The 3PO acessory is missing his lower left leg BTW. Go check the pieces and you'll find all the bits are there exept his lower left leg... Where'd it go? :(