PDA

View Full Version : Rate the figure 1-10. Monday- Zam Wesell

mrmiller
07-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Rate the figure 1-10. Be sure and put the figures name in the Title or your review. These threads will be merged as a huge "rate the figure" ATOC/Saga thread.

Previous rate the figures (Padme, Obi-Wan, C3-PO, Kit, SBD, Boba, Female Tuskin, Typho, Shaak, B-driod, Jango, Plo, R2, Geo, Dex, Clone) can be found here once they are merged:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10245

*note* If you have not had a chance to particapate in the previous ratings, go ahead and post in the previous thread and list all your scores for the figures previously reviewed

I'm not a big fan of the Zam figure. It's well articulated, and has a fairly strong magnet, but she is a crumpled mess. I can't get mine to pose correctly, and it has a hard time getting in the speeder. Not a big fan- 5.

=MATT=

LTBasker
07-15-2002, 01:49 PM
4/10

Nicely detailed and decent articulation, however her gimmick gets in the way of her right arm articulation because it can only be up or down and it's not like her left arm's articulation. She was supposed to double as the pilot Zam but it seems either the speeder wasn't made to have a pilot or Hasbro just doesn't care about it having a pilot. She's also very pre-posed which is annoying. You can't put her in a night club scene of her casually sneaking up on Obi-Wan because it's more like she's doing a 100 yard dash to him. Her other face also doesn't look right when it's on her.

Even with all these faults though, it's better than the Preview version even though they both have alot of faults.

KingOfSting
07-15-2002, 03:17 PM
7/10

shes got a alot of articulation, however becuase of the way her skirts molded, and the slight tilt in her body, she only really looks good in a crouching position, similar to the one that she comes packaged in. her second face looks a little bloated when on her, but hats not too much of a big deal. i dont have her speeder but from what ive heard she cant pilot the thing unless shes laying down insde of it. overall a pretty decent figure, and an improvement over th epreview version, however not perfect. i can see one more being done with soft goods veil and skirt

R3-T7
07-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Zam Wesell

9/10

Cool figure! Nice, detailed sculpting, and no useless blaster fire gimmicks included. The character was one of my favoured in the movie, so everything that has been written "Zam Wesell" on would be cool for me. Except the terrible 12inch doll, they will release, urghs!

Lobito
07-15-2002, 05:04 PM
7/10 this figure looks ok, but i'm not a Zam fan so it gets a 7.

aceguide
07-15-2002, 05:08 PM
Zam - 7/10

OK figure. Face changing is pretty cool. Just a very weird pose.

Nebulaz
07-15-2002, 05:13 PM
i like how it has the changellum face, 6

jonboy
07-15-2002, 07:15 PM
I would give her a 5/10. She is well detailed, but like LTBasker said, she is way too preposed. She doesn't fit in her speeder and she is not really good for anything but crouching on one knee. Hopefully they will make a more nuetral version.

Thumb Wars
07-15-2002, 08:10 PM
zam wesell

5/10

i like the figure to a point. as stated before, she does not fit in the speeder. it would be a plus if she did. and the whole "crouching thing doesn't really work. but the changling face is a plus. it could have been better, but its better then the sneak peak figure.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-15-2002, 08:28 PM
4! This figure is a big disappointment.

Darth Nitwit
07-15-2002, 10:06 PM
I will not even vote on this one. It ranks up there with C3P0 as far as interest goes.

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 05:45 AM
Zam Wesell - 5.5

This figure would have gotten a two if it had to rely on factors like "vehicle interaction" or "there's already a friggin' figure of this lame do-nuthin' character", but on its own merits, it's a 5.5 in my book. The removable mask is kinda fun, the removable arm is ok, the working holster is nice, and the wrists are articulated. Unfortunately, some of the articulation is kinda crappy and the gimmick is plain ol' trash. The thing that bugs me the most is the wild "pose" that the skirt is stuck in, this is totally unnecessary.