PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Animated Series?

Lt Kettch
07-15-2002, 02:04 PM
This just occured to me, but how would you guys feel about a Star Wars animated series based on some of the EU stories, maybe like a New Jedi Order Animated Series, or just cover the whole darn EU. I'm not necessarily for this idea, but i'm not against it either, i just want to hear what you guys think!

LTBasker
07-15-2002, 02:16 PM
Nah, it wouldn't suit it. Plus anyone who carries a cartoon nowadays that's popular loves to exploit it in each and every possible way they can as a cash machine.

Not too mention with all the CGI in the movies now, it is basically a cartoon. ;)

darthvyn
07-15-2002, 02:51 PM
i would dig it. i love animation. i think it would best be utilized to tell stories aside from the already established cannon characters, and the established EU characters. if they did an anthology show that would have a story arch about a certain subject, like an x-wing squadron, and then another one about a bounty hunter, maybe with small cameos of the core characters, to give it a sense of timeframe, like the idea behind the play "rosencrantz and gildenstern are dead," where we follow two supporting characters from HAMLET when they would normally be off-stage, or in this case off-camera. they actually did a comic with this idea, called "tag and bink are dead." if they translated that idea to an animated series, where we see some things that are going on in the background of the scenes we saw in ESB, for example, i think that would be great.

or maybe we could see some tales from supporting characters, like if we saw a day in the life of Zuckuss. other than that, i think it should be straight-up star wars tales WAY out of continuity from what we already know.

Pendo
07-15-2002, 05:03 PM
I would love it, especially if it's similar to the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. We could have Bounty Hunters, Jedi and Gungan cartoon series to go with them.

PENDO!

Jedi Knightrider
07-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Welp, if it's an "anthology" it can just be something like "Star Wars Adventures" and not really have any continuity, just story arcs about a certain thing. You could see a day in the life of a Gungan, or you could see what the y-wing pilot was thinking on the way to the first Death Star!

QLD
07-15-2002, 07:14 PM
I have always wanted to see an anime version of the movies.

And an animated movie of the Zahn trilogy.

Jonna
07-15-2002, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't mind it, BUT they would need to do it after the hype of E3 and not use any of the known movie characters. This way if it sucked I could mentally detach it easily from the rest of SW.

Forhekset
07-15-2002, 07:54 PM
I, like QLD, would also like to see anime-style versions of the movies, plus maybe some EU stuff. Anyone who's read any of the Star Wars manga knows that the style actually works with SW pretty well. If any SW anime was made though, I'd prefer it to be done in a "mature" anime style, i.e. Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, etc. No superdeformed cutesy stuff, even though that might be an interesting experiment to do a humourous SW series in that style.

187-Maul
07-16-2002, 06:35 PM
a anime style SW cartoon would be cool based on the movies or a story after them as long as it's, as Forhekset mentioned, a Anime style as in Akira or Ghost in the shell

bandontherun
07-18-2002, 10:12 PM
Not stupid EU. It needs to be new stories, but w/ Luke, Leia, Han, etc. I don't want to see Mara Jade.

Master Goeweins
07-18-2002, 11:42 PM
bandontherun, why no Mara? Are you afraid of her pulling a Yoko and splitting up the three?

QLD
07-18-2002, 11:47 PM
I rather like Mara Jade. And she is on of the most itegral characters in EU, so there is really no avoiding her.

187-Maul
07-19-2002, 05:29 PM
hey bandontherun, you said no stupid EU but the stories itself would be EU:D

ok I'm being pretty stupid I know you mean "no already existing EU" (at least that's what I think you meant)

jjreason
07-20-2002, 01:53 AM
It would all be good. They could vary the type of animation used as per the episode, as the different styles suit different fare. I'd love to see a CG (like Reboot) animation story about R2, the next week a Boba Fett in japanimation, the next week an american cartoon style ewoks story, the next week a Japanimation XWing squadron, the next week a Ralph Bakshi story about Luke, Leia and Han before they found out Luke and Leia were...nevermind.

Master Goeweins
07-20-2002, 09:23 AM
Then, in the middle of any episode they could break in with some crazy Japanimation out of nowhere....

"Big Coruscant Dance Party!!!!!!!!

"Who is driving car? Oh my gosh, Bear is driving car!"

Jedi Knightrider
07-20-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Master Goeweins
Then, in the middle of any episode they could break in with some crazy Japanimation out of nowhere....

"Big Coruscant Dance Party!!!!!!!!

"Who is driving car? Oh my gosh, Bear is driving car!"

"Everybody disco dancing, I am having very good time!!!"

"Oh, no!!!"

"Next week... on Star Wars..."

"Why are we walking like this?"

Master Goeweins
07-20-2002, 12:25 PM
"With special American Guest Star, Tom Cruise!"

"Show me the money, you can't handle the truth!"

darthvyn
08-17-2002, 01:26 PM
i'm bringing this back, 'cuz it's a cool idea.

personally, i think it should be out of any continuity at all... like, one story arc could involve the jedi from five thousand years ago, and the next could be about the new jedi order, but not of any characters we've seen yet... what does anyone else think? should we see already established characters, or new characters that become the focus of the show, or should it be a conglomerate of stories set in the SW universe?

dicuss.

discuss it.... (shakes fist like homer simpson...)

Bobajames
08-18-2002, 12:06 AM
You know, they probably would have to put at least a couple of the already known main characters in it, otherwise kids wouldn't watch it because they have no idea what's going on! And with our luck, they would make it so none of us will be awake, or we will be at work, so we can't even watch it!

Obi-Don
08-18-2002, 07:22 AM
I would like to see this as well,as long as it is done right.

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 10:44 AM
Any kind of cinema, animation, etc. of SW and I would watch it. A CGI of Shadows of the Empire would be great. It's more practical because it is cheaper and would be more believable than to actually film it. I wonder how much George would have to pay Harrison Ford to do the voice.

Master Goeweins
08-19-2002, 11:01 AM
Any story with the name Star Wars attached to it would grab kid's attentions. I would love to see an animated show, I personally prefer drawn animation to CG. Any storyline would be great, but I think stories that are in the time of many Jedis would work the best. Always different adventures with different Jedis teamed up. It would be like the GI Joe cartoon in the Star Wars Universe.... just as long as there isn't a Jedi who speaks in rhymes.....

Pendo
08-30-2002, 02:01 PM
The LucasFilm (so called) Jedi Council have been asked about a Star Wars TV Series. I think Rick McPrick's "Never say never" answer means it is a possibility...

Check it out here (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/rick/askjc20020829.html).

Would it be animated though?

PENDO!