PDA

View Full Version : Sith Infiltrator??

Lobito
07-15-2002, 03:04 PM
I dont know if this question has popped up before, but if it has, feel free to merge the thread.

So...what happened with the Sith Infiltrator...???? As far as i'm concerned it was in Naboo...what happened with it?? Did the Jedi found the ship?? Was it really in Naboo?? What happened???

Eternal Padawan
07-15-2002, 03:30 PM
The classic response:

Boss Nass found it. There's a toy coming out later this year:

"Gungan Joyride Boss Nass"

Lobito
07-15-2002, 03:32 PM
hehehehe...thats what i thought EP!!:D

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 03:37 AM
Palpatine snuck out of the funeral while everybody's heads were bowed and hit the "self-destruct" button on the still-cloaked ship. :D ;)

Deckard Smith
07-20-2002, 03:57 PM
Why would Senator Palpatine know about a cloaked ship? I didn't think ships that small had cloaking devices, but if they did and it was still cloaked on the ground, then it should still be sitting there where he left it.

scruffziller
07-21-2002, 11:30 AM
How do we know that is what Maul flew to Naboo. Just because he used it to Tatooine, who is to say that is what he used to fly to Naboo. For all we know he used something else to hide his identity.

Lobito
07-22-2002, 02:05 PM
To hide his identity he just needed to cloak the ship...the question is...what happened to the ship? (only if the ship was in Naboo of course)

scruffziller
07-29-2002, 08:30 AM
Was there cloaking technology used at all in the SW non EU universe though. They didn't have a transporter either.

Beast
07-29-2002, 05:11 PM
scruffziller, it's never shown used in the OT, but it is mentioned in ESB. When the Falcon disapears off the Star Destroyer's scopes, the Imperial Officer states, "Impossible, a ship that small can't have a cloaking device."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
07-30-2002, 10:52 AM
Ah yes you are correct.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 11:56 AM
A cloaking device doesn't make the ship dissappear completely it just stops it from being traced by other ships.

Darth Marra 54
08-15-2002, 06:16 PM
The ship was found by Jar Jar who crashed it in the boss's palace so he was banished to go with Padme to be a senator and then one day be responsible for starting the clone wars which destroys the jedi and sends the Universe into a dark age for fifty years

Figureman2
08-31-2002, 10:23 PM
Well, I can't say for sure what happened to the Sith Infiltrator, but I can say this: Jek Porky was right. Cloaking devices apparently only create radar invisibility. The closest a ship ever came to optical invisibility was Warlord Zsinj's ship, Second Death in the book Solo Command by Aaron Allston. It was a little complicated as to how he actually was able to create this ship, so I won't go into that (read the book if you really want to know), but it wasn't even entirely invisible. The ship, approximately 1/3 the size of a Super Star Destroyer, was able to turn completely black, more or less blending in with the space background in addition to having a conventional cloaking device, rendering it invisible to radar. It was ideal to cover the escape of Zsinj's capital ship, the Iron Fist because of these unique capabilities... but now I'm getting off-topic.
Point is, complete optical cloaking is impossible in the SW galaxy, ESPECIALLY around the time of The Phantom Menace, so that couldn't have happened to the Sith Infiltrator. Maul probably took it to Naboo, hid it well in the swamps, and Palpatine or one of his cronies probably took care of it later. The question is: who used it after Maul, or was it scrapped for parts? Who knows...

Darth Vellner
09-01-2002, 01:26 PM
Maybe it's still there!!.......Who wants to go look for it with me?!
All we need to do is find Naboo...witch seems to have disapeared between Ep.3 and the OT...Becaus it is never talked about in EP. 4,5 or 6..!!:sur: :confused:

Figureman2
09-01-2002, 07:08 PM
Well, Naboo will be a planet in Star Wars Galaxies, which takes place inbetween ANH and ESB, so I guess there's always hope...