PDA

View Full Version : To the Pittsburgh area card-bender...

darth_steeler
07-16-2002, 12:11 AM
This message goes out to the card-bending turd that seems to frequent the shops at Robinson Towne Center, Pittsburgh, PA.

During my regular rounds over the course of the past week I've come across at least 3 Chancellor Palpatine's that were contorted into what I can only describe as a bommerang-type shape. The bubbles were also handily done in. Nice job. You're a real pro.

Thanks. Really. This particular figure being the last figure that I need to complete my Saga collection. Let me just suffice to say that I'm on to you, [EDITED]

I'm not a greedy collector. I buy one of each figure, and I choose to keep them carded. Big sin on my part I guess. I can't fathom the level of [EDITED] that would spur one to go into a toy store and willfuly damage the merchandise merely so others cannnot fully enjoy their chosen hobby.

Well, congrats, you've almost won. You've almost made collecting a bit of a drag for me. But not quite. Watch your back, my card bending friend.....

:evil:

Beast
07-16-2002, 12:18 AM
Beating someone up over a toy is not the answer. If your thinking about doing somthing like that, you need to find a less stressful hobby. Order on-line or join the PA collecting club that exists in the Collecting Club Section. Nothing is gonna be really rare this year, so you will get another chance at snatching Palpy.

Beating Scalpers and Benders, may seem justified in your mind. But it's not right and will likely end up with you being in more trouble then the card bender. Try to find a figure when you have been banned from your local stores for assault. That 5.00 figure isn't worth what your going to get yourself into with your attitude. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darth_steeler
07-16-2002, 12:22 AM
I'm really not the violent sort. It's just extremely frustrating to sight a figure that I've been searching for for weeks only to find it completely wrecked.

Sorry, i had to give into the dark side a bit on that last post. Venting does wonders......

Thanks for listening and responding :cool:

Dar' Argol
07-16-2002, 12:24 AM
First off, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!:D

Second, I edited you post. It had what could be an offensive word and a very blatent threat in it. As per the user agreement that you . . . . uh . . . . agreed to you would not threaten anyone here. I think that's how it goes. If anyone has a copy of the user agreement, please post it, I could really use it:D

Third, there is a group of collectors here, of which I am a part of, that try to help each other complete our collections. We are the PA SSG'ers and we are in the Collector's club section. Or click here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7720) to take a look.

Fourth, it may not be anyone bending these cards. I work for Wal-Mart and I have seen several cases come in where the cards are warped or bent. No one did this, its caused by Hasbro trying to fit bigger blister packs into the same sized boxes they've always used:rolleyes:.

So, that said, Welcome again:D

darth_steeler
07-16-2002, 12:36 AM
First off.. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Secondly, I apologize for having "bent" the rules....

Thanks for the guidance, I'll definitely check out the PA SSG'ers. Sounds like exactly what I've been looking for....

BTW, these cards were, in fact, diliberately damaged. I've seen the stress-creases on the new Saga cards. This was damage way more severe. The cards in question were almost torn in two, and only on the same figure.

Sorry again for the ill first impression, it won't happen again. :)

Dar' Argol
07-16-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by darth_steeler
Secondly, I apologize for having "bent" the rules....

He he he, That's funny:D

No worries darth_steeler, I can understand the frustration. You should see how some of the stuff comes off our trucks that we receive:rolleyes:. We got one case in for the 4/23 release that was half the size it should have been:eek:. All the figs inside were crushed. AND it was a case with Dooku and Yoda in it:mad:.

With as tight as some of these cases are, it would not suprise me that they were ripped coming out of the case. But without actually seeing the card, its hard to say. I really hope that it isn't someone out there purposely doing this:mad:.

darth_steeler
07-16-2002, 12:53 AM
On the up-side I did manage to find a pristine POTJ Imperial Officer today.. Woo hooo! Talk about the simple pleasures....

QLD
07-16-2002, 08:44 AM
Well, you could always open the figures. That helps me out a lot!

darth_steeler
07-16-2002, 09:03 AM
What is this "open the figures" that you speak of?

Chiesa
07-16-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Well, you could always open the figures. That helps me out a lot!

I think he is refering to ripping the figure from the packaging... :) Personally I love to do this for display purposes but that means spending twice the amount at times for figures that I love and want to keep carded!! :(

aceguide
07-16-2002, 09:25 AM
QLD has it right. Don't worry about creases and bends - open them and enjoy!

brentfett
07-16-2002, 12:02 PM
I feel for you, man, (Even if you ARE a Steelers fan!:p )
I've seen the tracks of scalpers before, torn/bent cards of otherwise perfect and hard to find figures. Someone scooping up all the figures is one thing, but if I saw someone purposefully mutilating the cards, I don't know what I would do. At the very least I would verbally unload on them. Like Dar'Argol said, you should check out the PA SSG'ers thread. I'm in it and I believe some of the folks are from Pittsburgh like yourself.

icatch9
07-16-2002, 01:10 PM
Hey I know what you mean too. I've found 3 bloody Lukes that looked to me to be damaged on purpose. Since these are so "valuable" I suppose employees did it to deter a scalper. I mean what scalper would do this, he'd of just bought them and sold them. Don't feel bad for me though, I did finally find one
NM-M Bloody Luke :)

Count Dooku
07-16-2002, 06:33 PM
No, don't open them if you don't want to. I collect carded because they look better, and (2) once you open them, the fun wears off after 5 minutes and you wish it was still carded. So I understand your frusteration Darth Steeler. I think you should thrash the bandit if you catch him red handed bending another Palpy.

hango fett
07-16-2002, 07:06 PM
that would be very frustrating if that happend to me. some of the figures around here have badly damaged bubbles, but not many and that was probably from some ignorant children. i also see that people have openec some of them and taken the wepons or accessories. just plain rediculouis. :mad: what is the star wars world coming to????

thespar
07-17-2002, 03:57 PM
i am finding issues with bunt card but i being to think it is do to shipping. the reason for that is because every unleashed fett figure i have found has the same damage.

Darth Narcis
07-18-2002, 03:10 AM
wait, do not open them!