PDA

View Full Version : Late question about Padme...

DarthSetnom
07-16-2002, 02:10 AM
Just how do I keep her from moving that darned arm every time??? I just don't like the way she looks.

I actually bouth her and Obi Wan with that droid because they were the only figures i found here, other than Deluxe Dooku, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan... i didn't like any of them.

Beast
07-16-2002, 02:14 AM
First of all, your in the wrong section, this belongs in the Saga figure section. Don't worry though, a mod will move it when they get a chance.

Secondly, unlike the Zam and Han figures with similar action features, Padme's arm does not lock down. But don't worry, Hasbro has stated that there will be a new version of Padme in this same outfit next year. She won't have an action feature, and will be heavily articulated. The outfit may not be torn though, and she will likely come with her cape. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthSetnom
07-16-2002, 03:49 AM
yeah JJB i realized that after I clicked on the Submit button :P My bad.

And now that you are telling me there will be a new Padme with the same outfit i'm starting to think that once again i rushed to buy the first figures... bad move... Veeeeeery bad move.

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 05:10 AM
Actually, there is a way to lock down the arm, but it's not entirely intentional on Hasbro's part. Since the gearing can slip and ratchet if forced to allow for better quality, you simply turn the figure so the arm falls down, then you hold the arm down and turn the body back to its original position until it clicks. At this point, you can leave it as it is or turn the waist even further back until the arm pops back into the original up position then simply ratchet the waist back to "normal".

Jaina Solo
07-17-2002, 11:23 PM
Really? Is that confirmed, Jar Jar? That's a figure I'd love to have!

TIE Pilot
07-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Actually, there is a way to lock down the arm, but it's not entirely intentional on Hasbro's part. Since the gearing can slip and ratchet if forced to allow for better quality, you simply turn the figure so the arm falls down, then you hold the arm down and turn the body back to its original position until it clicks. At this point, you can leave it as it is or turn the waist even further back until the arm pops back into the original up position then simply ratchet the waist back to "normal".

Has anyone tried this? I did, and it worked great.. the arm stays down just fine. Except now I can't get it back to it's original position.. any ideas on how I can get it back to the way it was?

hango fett
07-24-2002, 08:50 PM
i'm going to try it now............................................... ..................it works, but she is in an odd stance and won't stand up......oh, well.
hango:happy:

DarthSetnom
07-24-2002, 11:39 PM
if she can't stand you can take one of them commchips they work great on those.

JediTricks
07-25-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by TIE Pilot
Has anyone tried this? I did, and it worked great.. the arm stays down just fine. Except now I can't get it back to it's original position.. any ideas on how I can get it back to the way it was? No, I wrote that completely without trying it in the hopes that it might break all your figures, AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;) :D Actually, if you "turn the waist even further back... the arm pops back into the original up position then (you) simply ratchet the waist back to "normal"." That works for mine just fine, that's why I put it in there. The other option is to hold the arm UP and turn the waist forward instead of back, you'll feel it grab and then pop and it'll be back in it's original UP position.

As for the standing issue, mine stands just fine with the arm up or down, I doubled up the chain on the left arm to act as a counterbalance.

TIE Pilot
07-25-2002, 06:07 PM
Actually, if you "turn the waist even further back... the arm pops back into the original up position then (you) simply ratchet the waist back to "normal"." That works for mine just fine

Well I think I did something wrong, because the first time I tried it.. it worked perfectly! The arm stayed locked down, and when I turned the waist the arm sprang back into place.

Then, I tried it again.. and now the arm seems to be permanently limp :( I turned the waist in all sorts of directions with no luck. Do I have to hold the arm down (or up) as I turn the waist?

hango fett
07-25-2002, 08:59 PM
yeah, i think you did mess up, tie pilot........sorry! mine did the same thing!
hango:frus::mad:

JediTricks
07-26-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by TIE Pilot
Well I think I did something wrong, because the first time I tried it.. it worked perfectly! The arm stayed locked down, and when I turned the waist the arm sprang back into place.

Then, I tried it again.. and now the arm seems to be permanently limp :( I turned the waist in all sorts of directions with no luck. Do I have to hold the arm down (or up) as I turn the waist? Ok, I've done this a dozen times in the past day just to make sure it wasn't a question of internal breakage and mine has survived just fine. If the gearing won't give on the first turn, push a few more. If it still won't go back, try the alternate method I mentioned. But above all else, don't panic.

Jayspawn
07-26-2002, 12:36 PM
I've given up on trying to do something with the Padme figure. It can't do anything Hasbro!!! I like Obi-Wan just fine and Anakin is crap. The deluxe figures (ie Obi and Tyranus) are crap too. They don't even work. So I hear ya DarthSetnom.

TIE Pilot
07-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Ok, I've done this a dozen times in the past day just to make sure it wasn't a question of internal breakage and mine has survived just fine. If the gearing won't give on the first turn, push a few more. If it still won't go back, try the alternate method I mentioned. But above all else, don't panic.

Well, I must have done something wrong because after numerous attempts at getting the arm back to where it was, it's still limp. Which is no big deal really, since that's how I wanted it. Still, it'd be nice to have the option to have it either up or down.

If I knew what the mechanism inside looked like, maybe I'd have a better understanding on what I was doing wrong. Have any customizers out there taken one of these figures apart?

DarthMaulSithLord
07-26-2002, 09:14 PM
I've tried it, but the thing doesn't click. It just blocks and when i release it the arm goes back up. So in other words, i can push whatever i want, but it doesn't click into position.

Oh well, better luck with Padmé 2003.

:)

hango fett
07-26-2002, 09:26 PM
yes.....thank god for next years padme'. heard it's supposed to be "super articulated." one can only hope...
hango.......................

JediTricks
07-27-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
I've tried it, but the thing doesn't click. It just blocks and when i release it the arm goes back up. So in other words, i can push whatever i want, but it doesn't click into position.

Oh well, better luck with Padmé 2003.

:) just blocks? Perhaps you need to push harder.

I'm really surprised to hear it isn't going back for you guys, I'm turning the torso forward and the arm clicks right back into place. I've done it a bunch of times while typing this. In fact, I'd say this is the best way to do it now that I've done it another 4 times since that last sentence was typed. When the arm is down on mine, without touching the arm, I simply twist the torso forward (aka - from above, counterclockwise; the same motion you would normally twist it to get the arm to lower) and it works perfectly and consistantly. It doesn't even ratchet to the next position - though that works too, I did that to make sure.