PDA

View Full Version : Pegwarmers becoming "Rarer"?

Darth Sidious
07-16-2002, 02:22 PM
In my area, it is fairly easy to find what you're looking for (Except for Acklays and Djases). But I have noticed something-CC Obi-Wan and KE Jango have become extremely hard to find. Even OPD Anakins (Not that I want one) are becoming slightly more uncommon, and there arent many Battle Droids either. But it took me forever to find KE Jango and CC Obi-wan. There are lots of JSF Obis and FB Jangos here, but I havent seen CC Obi and KE Jango for about 2 months, and I bought the only ones left in Wal-Mart. There are plenty of Chewbaccas and Orn Free Tas here too, but no CC Obi and KE Jango. Is this happening in any other areas?

Jonna
07-16-2002, 02:24 PM
CC Obi-Wan seemed to disappear for a while in NJ also..but they are back again over the past few weeks.

hango fett
07-16-2002, 02:30 PM
they come in every once in a while. i saw about 10 OPD anis and 3 CC obis today. the newer wave is becoming more plentiful as time goes. (not the chewie wave or the djas wave or aklay can be found anywhere near us within 50 miles of every direction.)

MikeAndTheBots
07-16-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
CC Obi-Wan seemed to disappear for a while in NJ also..but they are back again over the past few weeks.
Good, I haven't seen any for a while. You see any KE Jangos around?
edit: yeah, some of the older figures are becoming rarer. I guess once the kids saw the movie and saw who the main characters were they picked up the figures of them. I had a feeling we'd see less Anakins, Obi-Wans and Jangos but I didn' think there'd be this few of them.

hango fett
07-16-2002, 02:34 PM
weird how what happend in 99 doesn't even echo what is happening now. "yeah, dooku will be easy to find in a month" pppffffttt! only seen 5 in the whole time he's been out. 1 on 4/23 2 two weeks ago and 2 in may.
your all wrong! ;) J/K!

billfremore
07-16-2002, 02:52 PM
I still see lots of Dookus here.

Haven't seen a Jango KE in months.

The only mega pegwarmer I see everywhere is Jar Jar followed closely by Zam Wesell.

Jonna
07-16-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

Good, I haven't seen any for a while. You see any KE Jangos around?

Ya, the Walmarts in Mansfield and Budd Lake are stocked with them.

Jonna
07-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
I still see lots of Dookus here.

Haven't seen a Jango KE in months.

The only mega pegwarmer I see everywhere is Jar Jar followed closely by Zam Wesell.

Zam Wesell is the one that I constantly see in NJ all the time. I never even bothered to get her after I picked up the sneak peek one.:zzz:

tagmac
07-16-2002, 03:01 PM
I've been finding Dooku's a little more often, too. Saw one in a local KB yesterday, and it was still there today.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-16-2002, 03:06 PM
i found dooku at walmart, toys r us, and yoda i have been finding at toys r us but he's not their anymore, i can still f8ind obi wan cc and jango fett ke

Old Fossil
07-16-2002, 03:29 PM
I have noticed the scarcity of the CC Obi-Wan as well. OPD Anakin is still plentiful. Jango KE slowly disappearing from the pegs...

fourtwo
07-16-2002, 03:50 PM
haven;t seen an obi-wan or a kamino jango for soooooooo long.

brentfett
07-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is clogging the shelves around me!

aceguide
07-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Everything is clogged here too - that is except HD Anakin, Yoda, Dooku, Chewie and OB1 JSP. Have seen one Yoda and one HD Anakin on the pegs since 4/23. Have yet to see Dooku at retail.

Darth Sidious
07-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Maybe the lack of KE Jango is partially due to everyone finding out what a great figure he is. I have him and Preview Jango. KE is much better. For a (Former) pegwarmer, or any figure for that matter, this one is fantastic.

jedihunter25
07-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Jar Jar is the only one I've seen as far as peg warmers. One Walmart in my area didn't get a shipment in three weeks and the only figure that they had was Jar Jar (and tons of them!!!)

hango fett
07-16-2002, 05:01 PM
yeah...KE jango is pretty cool....to bad a destroyed mine :evil:

Count Dooku
07-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Around here I haven't seen a Jango KE in so long I think I'd buy one again if I saw one. Jar Jar, Wesell, 3PO, Dexter are huge pegwarmers however. Every store has them and Padme too.

hango fett
07-16-2002, 08:14 PM
sounds like canada is turning inot where i live...and i've been to ontario in either 98 or 99.......it's a cool place! i saw the weequay skiff guard w/ freeze frame, but it was tri-logo and thought it wasn't worht anything :rolleyes: how dumb of me....well, i was only 11!

Dave_Cameron
07-16-2002, 08:35 PM
There are a few figures warming the pegs out here in the Northwest. Mostly I see Padme (big surprise), Kit Fisto, Nikto Jedi, Battle Droids and the Super Battle Droids. A few stores have finally gotten the Massif, Vader and Luke in, but I haven't seen too much else.

CLAW
07-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Here in Los Angeles-

Hard to find

CC Obi Wan
KE Jango
Dooku
Yoda
Djas
Palpy
Orn
Boba

Easy

Battle Droid
Royal Guard
Zam Wessel
Jar JAr

The others fall somewhere in between, way to many zams at target stores. No yodas anywhere!

I have found them though.

Jedi Juice
07-16-2002, 10:29 PM
After a month or so of noticing the same 'ol peg warmers from 4/23, I notice the shelves at Walmart are all full of the Mace, Bespin, and Chewie waves. It's nice to be able to find all the figures at the stores, so I don't need to resort to online shopping.

thespar
07-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Peg warmers around here walmart Zam Wesell. TRU Zam Weseel and the clone tropper the must have take one troper and clone him. :D Target none real but they do not keep a lot of the olders one hand for to long. KB Toys about any of the first 20.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-16-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
weird how what happend in 99 doesn't even echo what is happening now. "yeah, dooku will be easy to find in a month" pppffffttt! only seen 5 in the whole time he's been out. 1 on 4/23 2 two weeks ago and 2 in may.
your all wrong! ;) J/K!

If I remember correctly back in 99', I didn't collect Episode 1 stuff until August and in that month I only saw a few Jedi Duel Mauls here and there. It wasn't until a couple of months later they were plentiful. So give Dooku a little time, he should be easily available soon.

I also did notice the disappearance of a few pegwarmers. My local Wal-Mart is acutally out of Kit Fistos and C-3POs! I thought they would have those things for months. I actually needed those two last week and had to track them down at other stores. The new pegwarmers seem to be Jango Fett FB and Mace Windu.

187-Maul
07-17-2002, 01:01 PM
man this really depressing, you guys are tslking about not seeing the first figs anymore and how the new ones slowly become pegwarmers and I still have see xcc obi and jango ke in every tru I go too and there almost th only stuff there is:(
you guys really don't know lucky you are (maybe you do but that's not the point:) )

pthfnder89
07-17-2002, 02:09 PM
I've been seeing a lot of Niktos and Saaese Tiins as well as a TON of Threepios. I was actually trying to find another Kit Fisto the other day because I have customized mine and I wanted another unaltered one; I couldn't find him anywhere. It seems like he was in every store for the longest time but in the last months or so he's sold out.:(

Jaina Solo
07-17-2002, 10:25 PM
CC Obi-Wan is almost impossible to find here, so's OPD Anakin. Jango doesn't stay on the pegs long- any of them, and neither does Boba Fett.

Found a Dooku and Yoda the other day at a Target, though; Dooku was on the lower peg, and Yoda was stuffed behind the Jedi Starfighters. I re-hung them at eye level. :)

Capitan_Moroni
07-17-2002, 10:54 PM
Jango KE is hard to find here too. I need another one seeing as I cut the grapling hook off mine, and the silver paint on his helmet is starting to come off leaving an ugly blue patch (anyone else have this problem?)

Darth Narcis
07-18-2002, 02:21 AM
from my experience, the newer figures, other than the bespin wave are very hard to find. yoda is impossible, dooku, i have only seen 1 ever, and bought it, BUT THAT WAS IN ANOTHER STATE on vacation! they were rare there too... geez... i would like to know where anyone gets the idea that puhr and palpatine, etc, especially yoda are easy to find overall, becuase they certainly are not.... and i have done A LOT of shopping.....

Nebulaz
07-18-2002, 04:02 AM
I'm with you on the KE Jango, thats the only one i still need...come ssome day.

Darth Nihilus
07-18-2002, 10:32 AM
Oh man I can't believe how quickly the first few waves of figures moved after the movie's release.

Sold out in my area: OPD Anakin, Count Dooku, Super Battle Droid, Yoda, Clonetrooper, CC Obi-Wan, R2-D2, KE Jango Fett, HD Anakin

Very Limited Supply: Padme, Battle Droid, C-3PO, Kit Fisto, Royal Guard.

Warming Pegs: GR Mace, FB Jango, Luminara Unduli, Taun We, Jar Jar Binks, Captain Typho, Zam Wessells.

I haven't included Geo Warriors, Dexter J, Rebel Trooper, Luke, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Qui-Gon Jinn as they are the latest figures to hit the shelves in my area. So we'll see how they go.