PDA

View Full Version : Djas Puhr: Alien Banjo Player

Old Fossil
07-16-2002, 03:39 PM
I finally found a Djas Puhr figure at WM this morning, and I have to say that I am more impressed with it that I thought I would be. The sculpt is very good and the more neutral pose will make him fit in nicely with the neutrally-posed POTF and POTJ Cantina aliens. The guns, as someone here stated before, are really flimsy, but I'll keep 'em holstered, anyway. I give this figure an A+.

Anyone else notice the strange position of this figure's fingers? He's got 3 fingers and a thumb on each hand, and they're kind of contorted, like he should hold a guitar or banjo -- and his wrists are articulated to allow for it. I can't look at him now without thinking he's pickin' and grinnin'.

Chiesa
07-16-2002, 03:51 PM
Arghhh... The Djas Puhr figure is still not here yet!! This is sickening!! All I can do is hear how good it is!! :) I'm jealous!! But at least I got my Palpatine, Ani Tatooine and Darth training... So I guess I can't complain much!

brentfett
07-16-2002, 04:07 PM
I thought he was supposed to be kind of cat-like and that maybe that was his duclaw. He does look banjo ready though!

The True Maul
07-16-2002, 06:05 PM
Yeah .... I just noticed that!! :)

Vortex
07-16-2002, 06:26 PM
please don't start doing the dueling banjos bit...I don't think we could take that.

Old Fossil
07-16-2002, 06:49 PM
C'mon, tjovonovich. We could pretend-play 'Deliverance,' Star-Wars style. Instead of hostile, musically talented, inbred mountain folk, we could have hostile, musically talented Cantina aliens.

Wonder who'd play Ned Beatty's part... hmmm...

Jonna
07-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Inbred Cantina aliens!?! How could you tell the difference between them. Would it be like the two aliens talking at the cantina (one had alien hands and one had human hands).

LOOK I HAVE HUMAN HANDS!!!!!

Vortex
07-16-2002, 10:06 PM
Yea I can hear the model nodes now, walking to differnt sides of the stage, the crowd cheering as one side started that slow twang, then looking over to the other, and the other side picking the tempo up just a little more...

this is going down the wrong road real fast:)

thespar
07-16-2002, 10:55 PM
that is a odd setup for a bounty hunter.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-16-2002, 11:00 PM
A Banjo Player?! Great, now all we need are Bounty Hunters who can play a jug and a triangle.

Jonna
07-16-2002, 11:02 PM
I'm pretty good at the Kazoo!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-16-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
I'm pretty good at the Kazoo!

I play a mean washboard!

2-1B
07-17-2002, 12:52 AM
Perhaps Mr. Puhr would like to audition for the privilege of playing at Figfest ? :confused:

Beast
07-17-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Perhaps Mr. Puhr would like to audition for the privilege of playing at Figfest ? :confused:
Will the Fig Newtons be performing? :crazed: :D

Originally posted by Caesar
Knightrider avatars have infested the forums !
Suddenly Rick McCallum seems tame . . .
"We are the Hassel'tars, you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Vortex
07-17-2002, 08:39 AM
A Sandperson looks like he already has a mouth pick...not sure if that's the right name for those things...ok so who can play the spoons? Bespin Chewie? Bespin Capture Han? Who ever does the Jug Ban for Figfest will win apendages down...

Thumb Wars
07-17-2002, 08:38 PM
and here i thought this was going to be about another ebay action.

if you can find one small enough, bespin luke can play the jug! his hands can come together and hold the top of the jug. and bespin vader can play the triangle. hit his button and "ting-ting"