PDA

View Full Version : Question

SirSteve
10-11-2001, 08:15 AM
What do you think about breaking this section down by states?

JEDIpartner
10-11-2001, 08:55 AM
I think it would be good. Yeah... it would make the section HUGE, but I think that finding the information would be easier. That way I won't have to get all upset when I see what every other state is getting and we're missing out on here in Ohio!!!!

Pellaeon
10-11-2001, 10:08 AM
Well, either way is okay with me.

I'm not sure about others, but I do enjoy reading about what other people are finding elsewhere. I then have an idea if the new stuff is coming to a store near me.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-11-2001, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
What do you think about breaking this section down by states?

So are you talking about having one large "just found" section broken down into subsections for each state and then threads in each one?

If you go ahead with it, please leave a 'General' section where it's not location specific. Sometimes it's nice just to read that people are starting to find new waves come out or are finding that things are being put on clearance at a particular nationwide retail chain.

SirSteve
10-11-2001, 10:44 AM
Yes, it would be a huge listing BUT I have something else in mind. Let me see if it'll work before I say anything.

:)

INDIANA
10-11-2001, 07:21 PM
I try to use this section to narrow down my hunting expeditions. If I see here that a new wave has hit at a Target in Colorado, my main focus for hunting will be the Targets in my area. If the section is broken up by state (as some are now) I need to look through every thread to try and find what I am looking for. I would prefer some kind of "New Item" or "Specific Item" threads. One thread could be "All Maul/Luke Deluxe findings here", or "Eeopies on the internet", or "Older Clearance Items", something like that.

Just a thought...

master jedi
10-11-2001, 08:43 PM
I think it's a good idea even though there would be no posts in the Iowa section.:p

master jedi
10-12-2001, 05:01 PM
If you break it down by states may be the moderator of the Iowa section please.:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-12-2001, 09:27 PM
I think it is a good idea in principle, but I am guessing it would be too congested with all 50 states, plus subsections for each state.

I like MandCand's idea of keeping a general section, cuz a lot of collectors are interested in finds in other parts of the country. I'll probably never visit Iowa in my liftetime, but I'll check the thread to see what the rest of the country is finding.

JediMaster
10-13-2001, 02:33 PM
I read this section to get an idea of how the new stuff is finding its way across the country. If I have to check 49 different sections, I'll simply stop using these forums. Don't do it. If it ain't broke.... y'know?

Emperor Howdy
10-13-2001, 10:30 PM
Hey buddy, this is the "Just Found" section. You can't just pop in here and ask questions like you own....the........errrr.....place....umm....wow... ..my bad.

Oh, and I think that sectioning by states might be a tad unnecessary. By now, most of the states/cities represented by the posters have a thread (i.e. Atlanta, Orlando, West L.A., etc.). I like that when, for example, the L.A. posters add that they just found the new X-wing Luke wave, it scrolls to the top. Then say Vermont does the same, then Virgina...I know to keep an eye out here in Atlanta. I don't know.....I'm with whatever you decide to do....it always works out.

master jedi
10-14-2001, 06:46 PM
How about breaking down this forum by time zones or by regions of the country or world.

TheBigSloppy
10-14-2001, 07:47 PM
Would these folders be in alphabetical order? Or would the state with the most recent post be the one listed first?

SUGGESTION
How about breaking down by U.S. region: Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Northwest, Southwest. This would be more of an immediate read on which area is finding toys - rather than having to sift through 50 folders. Well, 49, since Iowa doesn't really count!

Simplicity does no harm - that is why I like the current Just Found section the way it is. Subset upon subset would be a little too much in navigation terms. I would definitely keep a 'general' section in addition to whatever you are scheming.

ALSO, what about SSGs international users?

ANOTHER SUGGESTION
Keep the Just Found section. But in addition to the current section, have a Regional section.

HOW IT COULD WORK
When a user posts a thread or reply to the Just Found section, the user can opt to have a duplicate post automatically placed into another folder that reflects the User ID's location (city and/or state must be entered in user's profile). This can be done with a clickable button, "Place into XYZ Folder?"

For example: I am from Washington D.C. So when I respond to a post in the general section, my reply would automatically be posted in the Northeast U.S. section folder - if I instructed SSG server to do so by selecting this button.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-15-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
I think it's a good idea even though there would be no posts in the Iowa section.:p

Don't fret none MJ! I'll post phony stuff to keep you company. :)

master jedi
10-15-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Don't fret none MJ! I'll post phony stuff to keep you company. :)
Ok.

If this section were to be broken down by state may I be the moderator of the Iowa one? There would hardly be anything to do since there are only 2 or 3 people here that I know of that are from Iowa.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-17-2001, 07:52 PM
If the Just Found section will be sectioned off by each of the states, I'd recommend that you include one for the 51st state, aka Canada.

Sorry, I just had to say it:p

JediCole
10-18-2001, 09:18 AM
If this section were broken down by state, everyone could tell which states are the best and worst for distribution. You could all have fun seeing how long it takes for ANYTHING to FINALLY show up in the stores in Texas.
At least I now know that Iowa is actually worse off than we are!