PDA

View Full Version : Better Royal Guard

MikeAndTheBots
07-16-2002, 10:57 PM
Who would say that the Saga Royal Guard is better than the POTF2 one? I need a couple and I'm not sure which to get.

Beast
07-16-2002, 11:00 PM
Go with the Saga one. The POTF2 one is ok, but in comparing the two its like night and day. The POTF2 one is a total salt shaker, no legs at all. The Saga one is a huge improvement. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chiesa
07-16-2002, 11:40 PM
The saga one is defintely better... I personally got some of those for display myself!! :)

Darth Trymybestus
07-17-2002, 10:13 AM
ok.. the POTF2 one has a very cool crimson colour but the saga one is more of a bright red, I definitely prefer the colour on the POTF2 version.
I have 3 POTF and 2 saga ones, the POTF2 one is ridiculously tall, it's taller than vader!
The saga one is more in scale and it's got good poseability.. but the dodgy thing with the saga one is the paint from the force pike rubs off on the palm.
It's like that on both of mine and I heard on these forums that it happened with other people.
To be honest, you can't really go wrong with both of them... they're both cool but in their own ways.

JediJeff77
07-17-2002, 10:23 AM
I personally prefer the vintage ones. The force pikes that come with the Saga Guards are movie-accurate, but I think the vintage guards look nicer than any of the other ones out there. You can pick up loose ones on ebay for around $5-7 each.
-J

Jayspawn
07-17-2002, 10:57 AM
I prefer the saga guards. I have 6 of them and they look very cool lined up with Vader, The Emperor or Chancellor Palpatine.

brentfett
07-17-2002, 12:48 PM
Saga definitely!!!!! I really dig this figure way more than the POTF2 version.

Darth Evil
07-17-2002, 01:07 PM
I'd go with Saga, I love them! I can't find any more then the one I have though :( .

pthfnder89
07-17-2002, 02:06 PM
The Saga version is very nice, and I would always go with the one with more articulation (ie; Saga)

TIE Pilot
07-17-2002, 02:09 PM
I've always liked the POTF2 Royal Guard.

*ducking*

No, serioulsy! Yes, he has just a little more articulation than a standard chess piece :) But for displays, he's perfect!

bigbarada
07-17-2002, 11:00 PM
Best of all time goes to the vintage version. He doesn't have the most articulation, but he has the most useful articulation. While the Saga Guard has leg joints and a rotating waist, these are both hampered by the plastic lower and outer cloak, rendering those points of articulation totally useless.

The POTF2 version simply did away with the useless joints and made a figure that is generally reviled as a salt shaker. However if you look at actually useful points of articulation the Saga version only beats out the POTF2 version by 2-points. Saga RG has four points spread out over two limbs. The vintage version has four points spread out over four limbs.

The only problem with the vintage is the coloration of the cloaks can begin to look somewhat dirty over time.

DarthBrandon
07-17-2002, 11:08 PM
I would have to say the vintage for similar reasons that bigbarada
posted, second would be the Saga. The Saga could have easily been the number 1 choice, but the hard plastic robes hinder movement in the legs and waist. The POTF 2 is a salt shaker period, nothing exciting about this figure at all.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-18-2002, 07:42 AM
The POF2 Royal Guard was a waste of my money!

JEDIpartner
07-18-2002, 08:36 AM
I'd go with the Saga version because it's better and more readily available than the most superior version, which is the vintage one. I saw the POTF2 version when it came out and I must have laughed for three days. I thought... "this is an improvement over the vintage one with the cloth robe??"