PDA

View Full Version : Best LUKE figure ever...Hands Down !!

xboywonder
10-11-2001, 09:11 AM
Recently I have opened up most of my SW figures because they just were not fun any more staring at me from behind a plastic bubble.... Anyway I found that I am sort of a sucker for the Luke figures... My favorite one so far is the floppy hat FB Luke. So it sparked the question... which is everyones favorite luke of all the 3 3/4 inch line? And what would make a really great luke that maybe hasn't been sculpted yet?:D

JEDIpartner
10-11-2001, 09:42 AM
My favourite LUKE would be the Vintage ROTJ Jedi Outfit Luke. The sculpt was great... for vintage and the cloth cloak totally ruled... unlike the chocolate "Magic Shell" cloaks they like to make now.

As far as the current sculpts... I like the floppy hat one, too.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-11-2001, 10:07 AM
Everything after ST Luke has that goofy head sculpture where he looks like he's permanently stoned or was dropped on his noggin by Amidala as a baby. The ST Luke is definitely my favorite. What's not to like? He could double as Luke as a ST or just a ST. The Bespin and Dagobah Lukes are also pretty good.

I would really like to have a different X-Wing Luke than the one just released. They need to make one with the original head, a removable helmet, and an ascension gun like the one from ESB on Hoth. That would be slick.

Lobito
10-11-2001, 03:30 PM
That would be Bespin Luke although it is from the POTF2 line, in second place i would place the stormie Luke that came in the ParkerBrother's game with another version of Darth.

master jedi
10-11-2001, 08:37 PM
I htink the Bespin Luke is the best.

bigbarada
10-11-2001, 09:19 PM
Vintage Luke Jedi, I'm a sucker for the oldies.:D

Obi-Dan Kenobi
10-11-2001, 10:14 PM
Bespin Luke, although Floppy Hat would be a close second. It's really the only Tatooine Luke resculpt that made any sense to me. I'm glad to see some others liked it.

sith_killer_99
10-12-2001, 03:52 AM
Well, I personally don't care for ANY of the Tatooine Luke sculpts. The only thing Floppy Hat has going for it is the elbow articulation and the removable hat (I love hats/helmets as accessories).

The Bespin Luke is a really good sculpt (as far as Lukes go) and is definatly in the running fo the top spot...hey he has a removable hand!

However, the top spot goes to........
Stormtrooper Luke (from the Cinema Scene). Cool "Check out my Lats!" action pose.

Running a close second is the regular Stormtrooper Luke.

Ironically, my least favorite Luke is the Stormtrooper Luke from the game! Simply because he has no helmet. As I said, my favorite accessory is helmets/hats. I was REALLY mad that Vader got a removable helmet and they were too cheap to stick in a Stormtrooper helmet for Luke.

evenflow
10-12-2001, 08:04 AM
I have to go with Bespin Luke.

JediTricks
10-12-2001, 10:11 AM
Luke Jedi from the "Final Jedi Duel" Cinema Scene.

Starfig873
10-12-2001, 11:38 AM
Mines Luke w/ Blast Shield Helmet. It is still the best sculpt in my opinion.

xboywonder
10-12-2001, 02:58 PM
I forgot all about Bespin Luke... He is one of, if not the best Luke
and for some reason I ended up with 3 of those figures and didn't even know it.

I really don't care for the blastshield Luke because he does look a little on the doped up, stung out side, like a lot of Luke figures do.

yukface27
10-12-2001, 04:34 PM
I always thought most of the Luke's were lame. But, my choice would have to be the Bespin Luke. He had a removable hand and that was around the time when Hasbro realized some of their old sculpts sucked. A close second would be the floppy hat Luke. He would just look so awesome sitting in my speeder.

yukface27@hotmail.com

GNT
10-12-2001, 10:32 PM
Bespin Luke is the best,people!

bigbarada
10-13-2001, 04:45 PM
If I must pick a new Luke figure then I think that the POTJ X-Wing Luke is definitely the best sculpted one ever. The level of detail is just incredible! I know many of them have messed up paint jobs, but if you can find a good one, he's hard to beat.

The Bacta Luke looks really nice, but somehow I just don't feel right saying that Diaper Luke is my favorite. (ooooohhh, the nipples):p

However, if Hasbro would make a really nifty resculpt of Jedi Luke or ANH Ceremonial Luke, then I would probably have a new favorite.

Now, I will take the liberty of expanding this thread to include all of the core characters' best figures:

Han Solo: vintage-In Carbonite Chamber; new-Bespin Capture

Princess Leia: v-In Combat Poncho; n-Deluxe slave girl (hopefully)

Chewbacca: v-(not really any choice here); n-Falcon Mechanic

Threepio: v-Removable Limbs; n-Removable Limbs

Artoo: v-with Sensorscope; n-with Holo Leia

Darth Vader: v-telescoping saber variant; n-a toss up between the COMMTECH version for pure accuracy and the Removable Helmet figure for coolness. (Dagobah Vader is not even Darth Vader so he doesn't count)

Ben Kenobi: v-telescoping variant; n-Flashback version

Stoke
10-13-2001, 08:08 PM
To answer your two questions.....

My favorite Luke: Bespin Luke (the hand thing really impresses me).

My suggestion for new sculpt: Luke in medical gown with an arm plate that opens and closes (you know, the closing scene of ESB).

Stoke

Mandalorian Candidat
10-15-2001, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
If I must pick a new Luke figure then I think that the POTJ X-Wing Luke is definitely the best sculpted one ever. The level of detail is just incredible!

Yep! Can't beat those authentic buckteeth!

Fixer
10-20-2001, 11:03 PM
Man, this is tough. Luke's my all time favorite SW character, so I'm hypercritical on Luke figures. As far as vintage goes, the original Tatooine Luke is still my fave- mostly because he was my first figure, and we had many a great adventure on the living room floor. As far as modern, just about every Luke has a fatal flaw. I really despise the early buff figures. Bespin Luke is a great figure, but just too big! Conversely, the POTJ X-Wing Luke, which I was totally stoked for, seems too, well, petite. Plus the buck teeth are a certainly a big turn-off. I guess my favorite is probably Ceremonial Luke. One, because it was one of the first "never before done" figures. Two, because it had the vastly improved head sculpt. Three, because I would have given my eye teeth for that figure as a kid - I hated that Luke had to spend two years between Star Wars and Empire stuck in either his farmer clothes, or his pilot gear. Four, because its just a cool outfit (yellow jacket and all). Still waiting for that ultimate Jedi Luke.

Jayspawn
10-24-2001, 02:45 PM
I'm a big fan of Bespin Luke. Best likeness, best detail.

Wolfwood319
10-25-2001, 11:33 PM
The Bespin Luke is the best Luke out right now. The new POTJ X-Wing Pilot Luke has an excellent body sculpt, and as for those buck teeth, just scratch off the whit paint, it makes the figure 100 times better.

hamsterboy
10-26-2001, 12:55 AM
Personally,I like the Hoth Gear Luke. But that's just me.

jsb21
10-26-2001, 04:53 PM
I HAVE TO GO WITH BESPIN LUKE.