PDA

View Full Version : who has more lines in AOTC than TPM?

hango fett
07-17-2002, 09:42 AM
okay. what 2 charaters have more lines in TPM than AOTC?
good luck!

Darth Sidious
07-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Jar Jar Binks and...OOM-9! :D Well, he does..."My troops have began searching the swamps for these rumored underwater villages.", etc. In AOTC he just dies to death...

icatch9
07-17-2002, 10:22 AM
Was that really OOM-9? I mean he died like 3 times in TPM. Where they all OOM-9? Wouldn't each droid have a differnt number (OOM-10, OOM-11, OOM-12)?

Jar Jar is right and you could also say Qui Gon did, since he only said one word in AOTC. Watto is another answer and so is Shmi.

Wookiee
07-17-2002, 11:29 AM
Jar-Jar, Watto, Qui Gon (he only said "no Anakin" in AoTC,) and it seemed to me like Palpatine did more talking in TPM too.

DeadEye
07-17-2002, 12:37 PM
Jar Jar, Watto, Qui-Gon, Shmi...

Obi-Wan and Anakin and Padme have about the same amount, don't they? :D

Darth Sidious has less lines too!

Darth Sidious
07-17-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Jar Jar, Watto, Qui-Gon, Shmi...

Obi-Wan and Anakin and Padme have about the same amount, don't they? :D

Darth Sidious has less lines too!

Hey, you're right! I think I do have less lines...

LTBasker
07-17-2002, 01:42 PM
I think Qui-Gon actually said "Anakin, Anakin...NO!"

1 word, 2 name words. :p

Don't forget the Pit Droids, they had all their little noises they made in TPM but they were hardly in AOTC. Then theres Ki-Adi Mundi, he had one line in TPM but IIRC he said nothing in AOTC.

icatch9
07-17-2002, 01:48 PM
That line of Qui Gons is the same exact line from TPM. Qui Gon says Aniken Drop right when Maul swoops by on his speeder bike. The line Aniken, Aniken spoken by Qui Gon is the ecact some line from TPM. That way they didn't have to pay Liam for a one work cameo. I don't know who or what is saying NOOOO after Qui Gon says Aniken, but is sure ain't Liam.

LTBasker
07-17-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
That line of Qui Gons is the same exact line from TPM. Qui Gon says Aniken Drop right when Maul swoops by on his speeder bike. The line Aniken, Aniken spoken by Qui Gon is the ecact some line from TPM. That way they didn't have to pay Liam for a one work cameo. I don't know who or what is saying NOOOO after Qui Gon says Aniken, but is sure ain't Liam.

Actually Liam said they had him record it after TPM and he didn't know it was gonna be inserted in AOTC. It wasn't from the Desert Duel, that was "Anakin, drop!" which said Anakin in a different tone than said in the AOTC line.

pthfnder89
07-17-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Then theres Ki-Adi Mundi, he had one line in TPM but IIRC he said nothing in AOTC.
I was thinking of Ki Adi also. He actually had several lines in TPM:

"You're thoughts dwell on your mother."
"Impossible. The Sith have been extinct for a millenia." That's three, if you count "Impossible" as a whole line:D

And in AOTC he had one line only I believe:
"Count Dooku is an seperatist (I know this wasnt the word but I can't recall it), not a murderer. "

icatch9
07-17-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Actually Liam said they had him record it after TPM and he didn't know it was gonna be inserted in AOTC. It wasn't from the Desert Duel, that was "Anakin, drop!" which said Anakin in a different tone than said in the AOTC line.

It sounds an awful lot a like. It wouldn't be hard for Ben Burt to cut out Qui Gon saying Drop and then adding another "Aniken". Where did you read that statement of LM saying that he didn't know they'd be inserting it?

LTBasker
07-17-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by icatch9

It sounds an awful lot a like. It wouldn't be hard for Ben Burt to cut out Qui Gon saying Drop and then adding another "Aniken". Where did you read that statement of LM saying that he didn't know they'd be inserting it?

It was from an interview that I read on TF.N and was in some other places, I think the interview was for a magazine, can't remember.

hango fett
07-17-2002, 06:37 PM
my mastake, there were more than 2. there where qui-gon, shmi, watto, ki-adi, jar jar and maybe sidious. i was just thinking of people who were in the movie for more than 2 minutes. if you go by that, then it would be jar jar and ki-adi.
there you go!

Jedi Knightrider
07-17-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
And in AOTC he had one line only I believe:
"Count Dooku is an seperatist (I know this wasnt the word but I can't recall it), not a murderer. "

political idealist.

BOOYA!!
ROCK!!!

hango fett
07-17-2002, 07:01 PM
here is the enitre quote. "he is a political idealist, not a murderer."
there. that was the only thing he said in the entire movie....does he survive? i can't remeber... :rolleyes:

DeadEye
07-17-2002, 08:31 PM
Um, yeah he survived. IIRC the only Jedi that died that had a name was Coleman Trebor! :D

Beast
07-17-2002, 09:16 PM
Um, yeah he survived. IIRC the only Jedi that died that had a name was Coleman Trebor! :D
You forget, Pablo-Jill obviously died. He's not seen in the circle of surviving jedi before the Gunships arrive. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-17-2002, 09:22 PM
Pablo-Jhill was the duck-headed doofus, right? Well, good riddance! :D

BTW Jar Jar is that you in your avatar?

And another thing--why isn't Padme in the circle of surviving Jedi?

Beast
07-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Pablo-Jhill was the duck-headed doofus, right? Well, good riddance! :D

BTW Jar Jar is that you in your avatar?

And another thing--why isn't Padme in the circle of surviving Jedi?
Well, he really doesn't look much like a duck in close up picturues. But yeah, he's the "duck headed" Jedi. :)

Nope, that is David Hasselhoff. He's king of the world. :D

She is in the circle, she's standing at the front next to Anakin. Of course she's not a Jedi, but she's still in the circle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-17-2002, 10:00 PM
she ani't a jedi, but she's in our circle!! the new add campaign for something dumb....cna't think of anything off the top of my head...

BoShek
07-17-2002, 10:06 PM
SIO BIBBLE!!!

DeadEye
07-17-2002, 10:10 PM
Sio Bibble? You are correct, of course...

And I totally don't remember seeing Padme in the circle...because IIRC everyone in the circle had a lightsaber flashing! :D

Beast
07-17-2002, 10:17 PM
And I totally don't remember seeing Padme in the circle...because IIRC everyone in the circle had a lightsaber flashing! :D
You are incorrect, she is standing in the circle also and shooting at the droids with the Battle Droid Blaster. Here is a link to the picture. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=50464

#15 is Padme. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Wow! Thanks, Jar Jar!
I've seen the movie 3 times and I never saw here there before! :)

LTBasker
07-17-2002, 10:36 PM
Well where else would she be but hiding behind Anakin? ;)

DeadEye
07-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Behind the sex machine, Mace Windu! :D

icatch9
07-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Nute Gunray in another answer.

Its seems that only Mace and Yoda had bigger parts out of the returning cast. Obi, Aniken, and Padme most likely had about the same. And the returning council members never said anything anyway.

hango fett
07-18-2002, 09:04 AM
yeah, nute and sio bibble are more....

LTBasker
07-18-2002, 10:16 AM
I think the Battle Droids did also. The plain ones... "Die Jedi dogs!"

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Also, don't forget C-3PO. His only lines in TPM IIRC are:
-"Where is everybody?"
-"I beg your pardon, what do you mean, naked?"
-"I am C-3PO, human-cyborg relations. How might I serve you?"
-"I find that Jar Jar creature to be a bit odd."
-"Yes, he's very odd indeed."
-"They'll never get me onto one of those dreadful starships."
-Something like, "I wish you weren't leaving, Master Anakin. I wish you well."
-"Sell me??!!!"
:D

billfremore
07-18-2002, 10:22 AM
How about Plo Koon?
He may not have said anything but he certainly did more in AOTC than he did in TPM

Jonna
07-18-2002, 10:23 AM
He is so dreamy!!!

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 10:26 AM
Maybe he is literally dreamy--because he has the goggles over his eyes, you can't tell when he's asleep or awake! Maybe that's why he never says anything on the Council! :)

billfremore
07-18-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
He is so dreamy!!!

yeah (sigh):happy:

Jonna
07-18-2002, 10:28 AM
That would be hilarious if the council had to keep nudging him to see it he was awake during the meetings!

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 10:33 AM
Just like in Aliens, a fantastic movie if you've never seen it! "Somebody wake up Hicks!" :D

billfremore
07-18-2002, 10:36 AM
Ok, who here has never seen Aliens?

If so, come out of your cave and join the rest of us.

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 10:47 AM
Finally! A fellow Alien fan!!! IMHO one of the best sci-fi movie series other than Star Wars...:D

billfremore
07-18-2002, 10:57 AM
Oh I'm sure there's a few other fans of the Alien series here...

Jonna
07-18-2002, 11:01 AM
I like them deep fried!

hango fett
07-18-2002, 11:01 AM
i've never seen alien :rolleyes: shame on me.

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Yes, Jonna--everyone knows a flamethrower is the ultimate Alien-killing weapon, while the M41A pulse rifle, equipped with 10mm explosive tipped caseless standard light armor piercing rounds and 30mm pump action grenade launcher comes in at a close second!

You've never seen Alien? Shame on you, indeed! I've never seen:
-Commando
-The Rambo movies
-The Rocky movies
-Scary Movie 1 or 2
-Either American Pie
-There's Something About Mary
-The Waterboy
-Jerry Maguire
-Happy Gilmore
And probably a few others! :D

hango fett
07-18-2002, 01:17 PM
american pie 1 & 2 are the best! you should see them deadeye.

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Really? Are they funny?

Pendo
07-18-2002, 02:47 PM
Really? Are they funny?

VERY funny DeadEye! You'll never be able to eat an apple pie the same way again :crazed:.

PENDO!

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 02:57 PM
I never liked any kind of pie anyway, except pizza.
Doesn't some dude have sex with a pie or something?

Pendo
07-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Yes. Just make sure you don't do it when your dad could walk in the room at any second!

PENDO!

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 04:29 PM
Why does he even do it anyway?

187-Maul
07-18-2002, 06:58 PM
first of all, I love the aliens movies
and deadeye, I've seen every movie you listed that you haven't seen yet except for the rocky movie and Rambo part 1 :) (I actually saw Rambo 3 a couple of hours ago for the first time)
oh and BTW american pie 1 and 2 are hilarious, you should really go see them

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 07:04 PM
They're hilarious? What, are they just about a bunch of people having sex with pie?

pthfnder89
07-19-2002, 02:50 PM
They're hilarious? What, are they just about a bunch of people having sex with pie?

No, it's just one small (though very funny)scene from the first movie. And the sequel has no mention of Pie anywhere in it.

They're just teen sex comedies, but the thing I like about both of them is that they have some really heart in them, so you actually care about the characters. The humor is crude, obviously considering the genre, but the directors and the actors have really great timing and the jokes all work well.

Plus, any movie with Eugene Levy gets automatic points for being funny.:)

P.S. - the reason Jason Biggs tries to have sex with the pie is simply out of sexual frustration. One of his friends makes the comment that warm apple pie is similar to, ugh, well just watch and you'll get the idea.

billfremore
07-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Yup, once you've had sex with a baked good you never go back.:D

Jedi Clint
07-19-2002, 04:08 PM
Let's put this discussion back on track.....or more importantly, off the American Pie track before it gets closed.