PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday David Hasslehoff!

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2002, 02:55 PM
The greatest actor in the world turns a spry 50 years old today.

he doesn't look a day over 30 if you ask me.

Today also marks the 100th anniversary of Air Conditioning.

That means for every year of Hasslehoff, there's been two of AC.

I think we should all celebrate by cranking the climate control and bowing down to the Hassle'tars.

anarky
07-17-2002, 03:02 PM
it's time to celebrate [dave's] birthday
it happens once a year
we eat a lot of broccoli
and drink a lot of beer

(apologies to weird al)

Jonna
07-17-2002, 03:09 PM
It hurts, it hurts! Make it stop!

You remember me, don't you? Don't forget about Dwight Schultz!

And a big wet one for Micheal Knight.

Jedi Knightrider
07-17-2002, 03:19 PM
Rock the casbah and slap aunt shirley!!! It's David Hasselhoff's birthday, so go get drunk!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

HAAAAAAASSSEL'TARRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS HOOOOOOOO!!!!

Exhaust Port
07-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Happy birthday Micheal Long....oops, I mean Micheal Knight...oops, I mean Garth Knight...dang it, Mitch Buchannon. you know who you are.

ps: I know Micheal Long wasn't played by DH, I just thought it went along with the theme. ;)

Beast
07-17-2002, 04:10 PM
Happy Birthday David Hasselhoff, hopefully you will see many more.
By the power of Hasselhoff!!! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
07-17-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm leaning towards the cooler AIRWOLF right now. Jan Michael Vincent/Stringfllow Hawk has so much more going for him than Poopy Hasselhoff, Stringfellow Hawk plays the Cello. Sensitive and deep and tough as they come. AIRWOLF is a cooler instrument of justice then Kitt since it doesn't have an annoying voice chit chattering. Instead AIRWOLF has Ernest Borgnine/Dominic Santini HURRAH!!!!! :D how could that not out cool Hasselhoff. and a huge arsenal of weapons and gadgets

And not forgetting my hero of the day - Alex Cord: Archangel. Or Michael Goldsmith Briggs III as he's better known to those who - know him...

Bow down before the glory that is Jan Michael. Y'know ya wanna. :D

Jedi Knightrider
07-17-2002, 07:42 PM
WHAT - ever!!! Does he have a watch that he can talk to his stupid "helicopter" with??? I don't think so. KITT is so smart that even when no one is around, he still has witty comments to make! Like when the tiger was on top of him, he said, "Animal rights is one thing, but this is ridiculous..."!!!! KITT rocks your face off!!!

Thumb Wars
07-17-2002, 09:16 PM
what is this sudden intrest in david hasslehoff?? he's not that good of an actor. i admit the knightruder serise was a favorite of mine as a kid, but have you gone back and watched any of this since then??? it's totally lame!! it is soooo cheesey that there isn't a big enough bottle of wine to go with it!!!

Jargo
07-17-2002, 09:23 PM
Ah. And thereby is the rub my friend, thereby is the rub... ;)

AIRWOLF will just blow you out the window with air to surface missiles - heat seeking missiles. Explosive ones... that make a loud bang when they explode. Kitt is history. But i have a more evil 'tar planned for later this week........ :zzz:

Darth Sinister
07-17-2002, 09:26 PM
Hasslehoff!!.....I will get you Hasslehoff.

I really like him though.........FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
07-17-2002, 09:41 PM
You people like Hasslehoff?!!?!

And I thought I was crazed:crazed::crazed: :crazed:

Happy Birthday to the AC Unit!Thats something to throw a party for

Jedi Knightrider
07-17-2002, 10:31 PM
David Hasselhoff is the Air Conditioner's illegitimate love child!!!

Exhaust Port
07-17-2002, 11:28 PM
How do you think he could get away with wearing a black leather jacket in the middle of dessert without dieing let alone even sweating? All thanks to his cosmic connection to the air conditioning unit.

Dar' Argol
07-17-2002, 11:41 PM
OK, you guys are really starting to scare me!!:eek: But I guess I can say HAPPY BIRTHDAY David!! too. After all, its one of my favorite childhood TV shows:D.

But I'm not changing my Av!!:D

SWAFMAN
07-17-2002, 11:46 PM
:crazed:

Dar' Argol
07-17-2002, 11:57 PM
You know SWAFMAN, that's kinda like trying to put out a fire by throwing GASOLINE ON IT!!!

Don't encourage them. They eventually die off:D. This is worse then Invasion of the Body Snatchers!!

SWAFMAN
07-18-2002, 01:07 AM
Dar,.......

"You're next!"

Jedi Knightrider
07-18-2002, 01:08 AM
SWAFMAN has been assimilated! Resistance is futile... we are the hassel'tars, by the way... i forgot that. i always forget that part...

Dar' Argol
07-18-2002, 01:12 AM
AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I feel so alone.:eek:

I will never conform, I will never give in. I AM UNIQUE!!!(and a freak!!!!!)

I need some reiforcements here!! How did they get rid of the Body Snatchers?????

Beast
07-18-2002, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the collective, SWAFMAN. Dar' Argol, Freedom is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will comply. Resistance is futile.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-18-2002, 01:34 AM
This thread goes to prove my point . . . that Germans love David Hasselhoff.

BTW, I watched the local news today and it turns out the guy who invented the air conditioner, 100 years ago today, was a man by the name of Carrier who lives just a stone throw away in Angola NY. So when are we going to see an AC avatar?

BTW Jar Jar, who is that woman standing next to Hasselhoff? Looks like Patty Duke but I am not sure.

Beast
07-18-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
This thread goes to prove my point . . . that Germans love David Hasselhoff.

BTW, I watched the local news today and it turns out the guy who invented the air conditioner, 100 years ago today, was a man by the name of Carrier who lives just a stone throw away in Angola NY. So when are we going to see an AC avatar?

BTW Jar Jar, who is that woman standing next to Hasselhoff? Looks like Patty Duke but I am not sure.
Hey, who you calling German? Just kidding :D
I have no clue who is standing next to him in the picture, when I found it, all it said was that it was him accepting his People's Choice Award. So, LBC, when you going to join the collective? :D

*Prepares Hassel'tar Nanoprobes*

Let me tell you all the wonderful benefits you get, when you join the collective. 10% discount at all of your favorite stores. An autographed picture of our lord and savior, David Hasselhoff. And a free ride in KITT. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
07-18-2002, 01:41 AM
I'm with Jargo on this one Airwolf was much cooler; but even that held a dim candle to the A-Team!

SWAFMAN
07-18-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Knightrider
SWAFMAN has been assimilated! Resistance is futile... we are the hassel'tars, by the way... i forgot that. i always forget that part...

Per the instructions of the collective, I have assembled the altar before which all we hassel'tar(d)s shall worship....

(btw, each frame is a pre-sized avatar :) )

((whew! I need a drink! D'Oh!!))

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 03:19 AM
Happy b-day to Hasselhoff. Happy b-day to air conditiong too. I like them both, but when its 90 degrees plus outside I like a/c just a little bit more

Eternal Padawan
07-18-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
OK, you guys are really starting to scare me!!:eek: But I guess I can say HAPPY BIRTHDAY David!! too. After all, its one of my favorite childhood TV shows:D.

But I'm not changing my Av!!:D

BAH! Everyone KNOWS it's HASSLEHOFF under that freaky negative Coruscant trooper armor in your av. You've conformed and didn't even realize it.

BOW DOWN TO THE HASSLE'TARS.

Originally poted by Thumb Wars
what is this sudden intrest in david hasslehoff?? he's not that good of an actor. i admit the knightruder serise was a favorite of mine as a kid, but have you gone back and watched any of this since then??? it's totally lame!! it is soooo cheesey that there isn't a big enough bottle of wine to go with it!!!

We're ALL being ironic. ;)

Jedi Knightrider
07-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Who you calling ironic?

JediTricks
07-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Happy birthday DH, and if you ever make another "Nick Fury" movie, please consider NOT RELEASING IT! ;)

I know where Hasslehoff lives, we got in a car accident right in front of his place in the Sepulveda pass and needed to use a phone, we rang up the nearest house's front gate and he came out in cowboy boots and a robe and handed us his cordless phone. Our car was even a mid-'80s trans-am!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-18-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Hey, who you calling German? Just kidding :D
I have no clue who is standing next to him in the picture, when I found it, all it said was that it was him accepting his People's Choice Award. So, LBC, when you going to join the collective? :D

*Prepares Hassel'tar Nanoprobes*

Let me tell you all the wonderful benefits you get, when you join the collective. 10% discount at all of your favorite stores. An autographed picture of our lord and savior, David Hasselhoff. And a free ride in KITT. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Okay Jar Jar, I'll join. But I am doing it only for the 10% discount and for nothing else. Hasselhoff isn't certainly the reason, for he is . . .

(Gets zapped by Jar Jar and his nanoprobes)

Yes, David Hasselhoff is certainly the finest most accomplished actor in all the galaxy. Knight Rider and Baywatch are the two most important shows ever on television. David Hasselhoff is the finest singer in all of the world. We must all bow down and pay homage to this genius of a man.

Beast
07-19-2002, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the collective, LBC. Though it seems we have been loosing some members to other 80's Stars Cult Leaders. Feel free to grab yourself a Hasselhoff avatar, so that you too, can help bring the joy that is Hasselhoff to all the masses. The world would be a much better place, if we could all let our inner David Hasselhoff shine. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-19-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Welcome to the collective, LBC. Though it seems we have been loosing some members to other 80's Stars Cult Leaders. Feel free to grab yourself a Hasselhoff avatar, so that you too, can help bring the joy that is Hasselhoff to all the masses. The world would be a much better place, if we could all let our inner David Hasselhoff shine. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks Jar Jar, I feel like I just joined an exclusive club like the Mason's or something.

I have no clue of how to make an avatar or upload one, as you can probably tell from my rather drab Tusken Raider. But he has kinda attached to me. However if anyone has an extra Dave to spare, lmk. :cool:

SWAFMAN
07-19-2002, 04:05 PM
"I feel like I just joined an exclusive club like the Mason's or something"

LBC, I think you made a typo.
It's spelled, "Mansons."

;)

Jedi Knightrider
07-19-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Happy birthday DH, and if you ever make another "Nick Fury" movie, please consider NOT RELEASING IT! ;)

I know where Hasslehoff lives, we got in a car accident right in front of his place in the Sepulveda pass and needed to use a phone, we rang up the nearest house's front gate and he came out in cowboy boots and a robe and handed us his cordless phone. Our car was even a mid-'80s trans-am!

That's awesome!!! Why didn't your car call? Or was the personality matrix damaged? What? Not all third gen T/A's talked? I didn't... know... that...

Exhaust Port
07-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN

It's spelled, "Mansons."

;)

Or maybe he didn't make a typo? :D

Darth Shifty
07-19-2002, 05:39 PM
I get some jokes by e-mail every day from a couple websites. Some of them send funny pics and what-not. Today I opened up the pic entitled "best pic ever" and much to my horror, this is what it contained...

Darth Shifty
07-19-2002, 05:41 PM
By the way, anyone feel free to use this pic - it looks like a quality Hassle'tar/80's'tar just dying to be made. :D

Jedi Knightrider
07-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty
I get some jokes by e-mail every day from a couple websites. Some of them send funny pics and what-not. Today I opened up the pic entitled "best pic ever" and much to my horror, this is what it contained...

OOOOHHHH, we've know about your little pic for quite some time. It was I who allowed you to know the location of that picture. We are quite safe from your pathetic little attachment.:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Just kidding. That is really a great pic. really sums up the 80's, don't it. but i have seen it before. thanks for joining in on the fun.:frus: :rolleyes: :p :( :cry: :crazed:

Thumb Wars
07-19-2002, 07:43 PM
ok, i see your sillyness clearly now!

if they made a Thumb Rider movie i would get that avatar to use. of course i also need 75 posts first.

Jedi Knightrider
07-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Thumb Wars
ok, i see your sillyness clearly now!

if they made a Thumb Rider movie i would get that avatar to use. of course i also need 75 posts first.

That would be so awesome, I'd kick my neighbor in the back of the head, then hit their car with their cat!!!

Thumb Wars
07-19-2002, 09:00 PM

That would be so awesome, I'd kick my neighbor in the back of the head, then hit their car with their cat!!!

WHAT are you talking about??? kick you neighbor in tha back of the head??? hit their car with their cat??? i'm glad i'm not your neighbor!!

although, seeing their face would be priceless if it would happen. not that i am saying to do it!!

Dar' Argol
07-19-2002, 10:42 PM
Pay him no mind. Jonna's been feeding him too much ketchup:rolleyes: Its affected his logic board and has him shorting out every once in a while.

I would not suggest EVER "kick your neighbor in the back of the head, then hit their car with their cat!!!" Its not nice and it really, really hurts:(

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-20-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN

It's spelled, "Mansons."

;)

Never mind about joining the collective then SWAF. Just wanted some good clean fun. Didn't know what I was getting in. ;)

(just kidding Hasselhoff is whack)

JediTricks
07-20-2002, 01:46 AM
That's awesome!!! Why didn't your car call? Or was the personality matrix damaged? What? Not all third gen T/A's talked? I didn't... know... that... Los Angeles cell-rates in the late '80s were ridiculously high. However, I'm sure the voice stress analyzer would have told us that the tow truck driver who said "I'll be there in 15 minutes" was lying. ;)

BTW, thank goodness for Bandai of Japan and Mattel for recently making the Japanese Hot Wheels version of KITT, this is probably the best toy version of the Knight Industries Two Thousand ever after the huge Kenner version from the '80s that came with a 10" Michael Knight and spoke.

vulcantouch
07-22-2002, 12:27 PM
"i like to tape Knight Rider, just so i can erase it"
-comedian richard belzer, ca. 1990 :D

Jedi Knightrider
07-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Los Angeles cell-rates in the late '80s were ridiculously high. However, I'm sure the voice stress analyzer would have told us that the tow truck driver who said "I'll be there in 15 minutes" was lying. ;)

BTW, thank goodness for Bandai of Japan and Mattel for recently making the Japanese Hot Wheels version of KITT, this is probably the best toy version of the Knight Industries Two Thousand ever after the huge Kenner version from the '80s that came with a 10" Michael Knight and spoke.

I think I have that somewhere, I should hunt for that. I also had the "stunt play set" that came with the truck(with break-away doors on the side,) a ramp, a launcher, and a larger than 1/64 scale KITT that could jump through the truck. That rocked!!! I have to find that!

darthvyn
08-17-2002, 01:46 PM
just wanted to bring this thread back... for nostalgic purposes... ahhhhh, knight rider....

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Did the German's throw him a party?