PDA

View Full Version : Worst figure from the EP1 line?

Lt Kettch
07-17-2002, 08:51 PM
What is your personal pick for worst figure from the Episode 1 Figure Line?

Personally i think i'm gonna have to say: Gasgano, this little jerk is stupid and his arms won't ever stay on for me, i wish i hadnt bough it.

What are your guys picks?

Darth_Vader
07-17-2002, 09:30 PM
I didn't buy many Episode One figures. I just didn't like them enough to buy them, and I was taking a break from collecting for teh majority of the time. But the Qui-Gon that came with the Opee was pretty crappy though. I'd Have to say that one. lol

jdmarlow
07-18-2002, 03:20 PM
I hated a lot of them, personally.

Most of all I agree w/ Gasgano. but I also hated Anakin Tatooine and Jar Jar Binks. These were USELESS pieces of garbage plastic.

187-Maul
07-18-2002, 06:14 PM
I totally disagree on Gasgano, I really like the fig, he was one of the first few I got of the E1 line
although I don't have him, I think Boss Nass was pretty bad since he was totally out of scale

Beast
07-18-2002, 06:21 PM
Boss Nass, E1's most horrible figure. Thankfully the POTJ finally corrected him, that is a beautiful case of a much needed and excellent re-sculpt. The original Jar Jar Binks figure was pretty sucky also. The Swimming version, and the POTJ version capture the charecter so much better. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
07-18-2002, 10:45 PM
anakin naboo pilot want was the deal with his fight contorl.

Beast
07-18-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by thespar
anakin naboo pilot want was the deal with his fight contorl.
The deal was that it plugs into the Naboo Starfighter ship's cockpit. It was a case of just like this year, Hasbro including accessories that add features to the ships. Obi-Wan's radar dish that plugs into the Jedi Starfighter. Jango's blaster lollipops that attach to the Slave 1's guns. As well as Jango's backpack that plugs into the back of the Slave 1's cockpit. And the Super Battle Droid's damage effect that plugs into the side of the ship. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

metaljedi
07-19-2002, 12:05 AM
I would have to say Chancellor Valorum. Him and his stupid Indian staff was a lame figure.

Jason B
07-19-2002, 12:12 AM
I don't like Shmi Skywalker. The face just looks terrible to me.

aceguide
07-19-2002, 10:15 AM
Boss Nass. 100% in agreement with JJB on the good job they did with the POTJ resculpt.

billfremore
07-19-2002, 10:24 AM
They could have done a better job on the battle droids, but they did manage to correct this issue with the POTJ resculpts.

The True Maul
07-19-2002, 11:03 AM
Boss Nass and Shmi Skywalker ( I know POTJ) :)

Lobito
07-22-2002, 04:49 PM
That would be the Deluxe OB1...Boss Nass comes in a close 2nd.

redfive41101
08-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Darth Maul Sith Lord- The only reason I bought it was to get the lightsaber. The figure itself was pretty useless.

Jek Porky 2002
08-11-2002, 03:03 PM
The Battle Droid was pretty useless, it just stood there in a really flat wooden pose.

DarthBrandon
08-11-2002, 06:07 PM
For me it was C-3PO, just a useless figure and is only good for background filler.

tagmac
08-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Anakin mechanic.....what a waste of a figure.

Nebulaz
08-12-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Boss Nass, E1's most horrible figure. Thankfully the POTJ finally corrected him, that is a beautiful case of a much needed and excellent re-sculpt. The original Jar Jar Binks figure was pretty sucky also. The Swimming version, and the POTJ version capture the charecter so much better. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ditto

Lyet
09-04-2002, 09:03 AM
The Qui-Gon that came with the Battle Droid the could be "cut" in half is pretty useless. His arms and legs are too loose, he won't stant up, and mine has a messed up paint job. The only painted his beard, not the mustache. He looks amish.

gibbspaulus
09-04-2002, 02:02 PM
There were too many resculpts in general. That's why I agree with the Ani comment from Nebulaz. And the same with Obi, Qui and Maul. I mean, if there is a look that is vastly different then they can get away with it, but can you tell the difference between the POTJ Obi and the Ep I version?? (slightly off topiv - I know).

And I agree - 3PO was useless and the rocket slots on R2 are less than subtle.

Oddly, I quite like the Naboo Security guard, even if he looks like a Disney ride employee!

Jayspawn
09-05-2002, 12:47 AM
For me it's probably Gasgano. His arms fell off so easily. Boss Nass isn't that great either, since his scale and accessory are so far off. He should have come with a beer stein!

JangoFart
09-18-2002, 12:54 PM
One of the coolest, yet worst implemented:

OOM-9

Looks great in the bubble, but TRY to get that sucker to stand, even on a RealStand, and his knees will give and he'll stand like an idiot.

J

The Overlord Returns
09-19-2002, 12:35 PM
I'd have to say the original battle droid, OOM 9, or senator palpatine.

I actually really liked Valorum. Sure he didn't do much, but it was a nice sculpt. His cloak was very well done, IMO.

As for Gasgano, again, I really liked him. He was funky.

bigbarada
09-28-2002, 12:08 AM
The original Boss Nass was pretty terrible, I would say that he is the worst.

I don't see what everyone hates about Tatooine Anakin, he is still one of my favorite Ep1 figures, along with Shmi. They were both awesome because they were excellently sculpted and simple, especially in this day of action gimmicks and ridiculous poses.