PDA

View Full Version : SSG Fantasy Football League

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 09:56 AM
One voice in my head says keep my team the way it is.

Another voice in my head tells me to get rid of one of my Pittsburgh recievers and Duce Staley of a TE and another RB. Kordell Stewart may be avaiable also.

Dark Knight
08-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Looking for a better WR or RB. All trades will be taken under advisedment.

rynobot
08-23-2002, 03:36 PM
Rouge II, you have a trade proposed.

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
Rouge II, you have a trade proposed.

Sounds fair enough. I just Tom Brady picks up where he left off from last season......What am I saying? I'm a Bills Fan, I can't be talking like that! Oh, the conflict of interests.....:sur:

Let me try again....I hope Tom Brady can get the ball to Brown this year. whew, that was almost blasphemy

rynobot
08-23-2002, 04:21 PM
Now, only time will tell.

2-1B
08-24-2002, 01:19 AM
Well, I see a slew of waiver requests went through !
I replaced Kris Brown with Todd Peterson, and since Rocket is done for the season I picked up Trung Canidate.

RIP Wayne Simmons. :(

figrin bran
08-24-2002, 02:35 AM
anyone interested in trading for moss? or moss + antowain smith for a package involving an rb?

i have a live draft tommorrow morning so off to bed for me! with the 5th pick i will select shaun alexander or ahman green hopefully.

rynobot
08-24-2002, 02:42 AM
Figirn, I have a trade on the table.

2-1B
08-24-2002, 03:18 AM
Figrin, I am interested in both of those players and have also proposed a trade.

Good luck with your live draft, let us know how it goes! :)

2-1B
08-24-2002, 05:07 AM
Attention !

Hi mates, I just started up a "Pick 'Em League" at Yahoo, care to join me? :)
It's a straight up deal, just pick the winners (I'm also playing in a Confidence Points league, but I want to do one this way too, so here it is.)

It should be fun, post or PM me your email address if interested. I set the limit at 10, because that's how many people are in the Fantasy League . . . it would be cool if everyone wanted to play, but even if it's just QLD vs. myself in a 2 player league, I'll be happy with that too ! :D :D :D

Any questions, just ask! :)

figrin bran
08-24-2002, 11:23 AM
thanks to everyone that sent me a trade proposal. they are intriguing to say the least and i'll get back to you guys soon...got that live draft shortly to take care of.

figrin bran
08-24-2002, 11:54 AM
hey QLD, i think it's only fair to let you know that one of the players you asked for in that trade proposal to me is having an MRI today, i believe. so maybe you want to consider another of my players? just thought i'd let you know and play fair.

okay in a 12 team league, i got:

QB - Favre, K.Stewart
RB- A.Green, Martin, Henry, Barlow, Duckett
WR- Keyshawn Johnson, Thrash, McCaffrey, Ward, Crowell
TE- E Johnson/SF
K - Peterson
D- Philadelphia

QLD
08-24-2002, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I just read about that. I will see about making another proposal as well. But if the MRI is ok, I would still be interested.

JetsAndHeels
08-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Rynobot, I received your trade proposal. It is a generous offer from you, but I am going to have to reject it for now. I think you can understand why.

figrin bran
08-24-2002, 06:15 PM
QLD, i just read your second proposal and will give it consideration. it turns out that player who underwent the MRI will be out only 4 weeks so lmk if you are still interested.

so in that draft i finished today, the guy picking first, a broncos fan picked in order...

Faulk
Griese (???)
Moulds
Dyson
Gary
Sharpe

instead of griese he could've had favre, brooks, mcnabb. go figure! i just thought all the griese critics here might get a kick out of that ;)

QLD
08-24-2002, 06:36 PM
OK. I think it's a pretty fair proposal. I am kind of hesitant to do it, but I think it's a good deal for both of us

rynobot
08-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Griese has the potential to have a great year if he can stay healthy.

figrin bran
08-24-2002, 08:34 PM
rynobot, thank you for the trade offer but i will have to turn it down for now.

caesar and QLD, i am still deciding between your offers and hopefully i can decide by tonight.

also i was wondering since it is probably only us in the league that reads this thread, should we just post on our yahoo league board?

QLD
08-24-2002, 08:40 PM
No, I kind of like having this thread here. Maybe they will see the "popularity" of it, and want to participate next year.

figrin bran
08-24-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
No, I kind of like having this thread here. Maybe they will see the "popularity" of it, and want to participate next year.

i see ;)

so can we get some sort of star wars related prize for winning the league? the saga pegwarmer of your choice, perhaps? :D

or if anyone can make custom figures, that would be awesome! just a thought...

Rogue II
08-24-2002, 09:26 PM
We could always start a Fantasy Hockey thread also. Yahoo already has the sign up for that.

I was thinking we could decide on a custom avatar as SSG Fantasy Football Champ.

I do a few custom figures. I posted the pics in the Customs/Diorama thread.

I guess I could part with my modified EV-8D8 (I gave it articulated elbows). I also have a couple loose figues (from an auction I won)I'm willing to part with. We could donate extra figures for a prize.
Personally, I'd be happy with the avatar.

rynobot
08-25-2002, 01:25 AM
Hockey? Ugh. As for a prize, if anyone like giving figures to me as the winner than that will be just great. ;)

jjreason
08-25-2002, 01:36 AM
I have a few figures I could donate as well. Nothing super mind you, but complete and in perfect shape. The avatar would be coveted.

Not to speak for anyone else, Rogue II, but I think a few different guys not in the nfl pool would do an nhl one. I would be in for sure.

rynobot
08-25-2002, 01:47 AM
I have propose trades to the following teams: Sideswipes, Dark Knights, and JangoFett96s.

2-1B
08-25-2002, 02:06 AM

That, plus we get to pad our post counts. :rolleyes:
:D

QLD, whatever you proposed in a trade with Figrin, take it back! :crazed: I want Moss ! :crazed:

Figrin, go ahead and make a counter offer if you aren't satisfied with my proposal . . . just don't trade to QLD ! I play him in week 1, I think Randy might have a big day against the Bears. :(

Pick 'em leagueso far is at 4:

myself
QLD
jrreason
figrin bran

rynobot
08-25-2002, 02:31 AM
i'd joing the pikem league if it had each game against the spread.

figrin bran
08-25-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

That, plus we get to pad our post counts. :rolleyes:

QLD, whatever you proposed in a trade with Figrin, take it back! :crazed: I want Moss ! :crazed:

Figrin, go ahead and make a counter offer if you aren't satisfied with my proposal . . . just don't trade to QLD ! I play him in week 1, I think Randy might have a big day against the Bears. :(

relax, caesar! i have accepted your offer! :D

2-1B
08-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Haha! Yes indeed you did !

After figrin and QLD join up withj the pick em league, we'll be at 5 - that's half of the fantasy league. :)

If you know of any other forumites who might want to play, let me know ! Some people aren't into Fantasy, but they do enjoy a nice Pool.

2 weeks until opening Sunday ! ! !

Rogue II
08-25-2002, 08:28 PM
Fine! I give in to the peer pressure. e-mail coming your way.

And for the record, the first game is Thursday, Sept 5th. (SF vs. NYG)

rynobot
08-25-2002, 10:34 PM
send me a pm I'll join.

2-1B
08-25-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Fine! I give in to the peer pressure. e-mail coming your way.

And for the record, the first game is Thursday, Sept 5th. (SF vs. NYG)

That's why I didn't say opening "day", rather Sunday. ;)

ryno - invite coming your way ! :)

QLD
08-26-2002, 02:52 PM
Congrats on getting Moss Caesar.....

but remember this....

Every time you get points for Moss.....

I get points for Culpepper! ;)

Rogue II
08-26-2002, 07:48 PM
I was just offered a trade in my other league...

I give up:
Brown, Tim
Brown, Troy

I get:
Alexander, Derrick
Coles, Laveranues
Hearst, Garrison
Price, Peerless

I would have to release 2 players to do this trade. Most likely M. Pittman and Jaquez Green. He is basically asking me to take all his backups(Price is the only starter he is offering).

Is he on crack or am I missing something?

rynobot
08-26-2002, 11:28 PM
i hope you're not going to do that trade.

QLD
08-26-2002, 11:42 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't do it either. You are giving up two sure things, for 4 question marks.

2-1B
08-27-2002, 04:38 AM
I couldn't agree more with Ryno and The Dong !

Frankly, the pair of Hearst/Price isn't really better than Pittman/Green , and I REALLY think Brown/Brown are many many many times better than Alexander/Coles.

But I just wanted to offer the RB perspective too . . . think of it that way. ;)

QLD
08-27-2002, 04:40 AM
Caesar had no comments about Moss.

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!!!!!!!!!

2-1B
08-27-2002, 04:45 AM
I'm still :eek: :eek: :eek: ing over your Daunte reference . . .
but waitaminute . . . you were gonna get those points ANYWAY, so I may as well counter them! So it should be you who is afraid . . . I've just countered your QB's week 1 production ! ! ! !

TOUCHE !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 07:45 AM
I had no intention of doing that trade. I was just making sure I haven't had my head lodged up my backside and was missing something. Thanks for the info.

figrin bran
08-27-2002, 11:54 AM
okay caesar, our trade has become official...

but have i unwittingly escalated some sort of clone wars between you and QLD? ;) best of luck to you!

QLD
08-27-2002, 12:58 PM
it's only a war if he can fight back, which he can't.

This is more of a slaughter!

;)

2-1B
08-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Webster Slaughter ? :confused:

Well, the game was fun last night, I didn't get TOO much heckling . . . especially in light of that opening kickoff TD. :happy:

Hey Jango96, you were teasing me that I should have had a Jango sign - well, if by any chance they showed a guy staring intently through a pair of binoculars at the lovely Melissa Stark . . . that was me. :D :D :D

QLD
08-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Only you would remember Webster Slaughter.

Well, you.....and apparantly me. ;)

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 04:34 PM
Didn't Webster Slaughter play for the Browns around the same time as Icky Woods played for the Bengals?

QLD
08-27-2002, 05:51 PM
Yes he did rogue! Yes he did....

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 06:01 PM
I wonder where did Icky Woods ever shuffled of to? I don't remember him being around very long.

Jamal Anderson signed with New England, oops, no he didn't.

Cade McNown out for the year (whoop de do)
Antonio Freeman signed with the Eagles. I was in the same Sociology class as he was when I went to VA Tech.

QLD
08-27-2002, 07:00 PM
I think Icky had knee problems. And fumble problems too!

I thought Jamal was going to sign with them?

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 07:07 PM
Something wierd happened. Here is the story from Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020827/ap-patriots-anderson.html

FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) -- Running back Jamal Anderson won't be part of the New England Patriots immediate plans, after all.
A day after Anderson's agent said a deal was all but done, coach Bill Belichick said Anderson won't be on the roster.

Belichick refused to get into specifics about the decision, but said of the oft-injured back, ``I don't quite think he was ready.''

``Maybe it will change, and maybe it won't,'' Belichick said.

Belichick said Anderson agreed with his decision.

``He took the physical, and after watching him and talking to him, we both felt this was the right thing to do at this time,'' Belichick said.
Anderson, 29, a former NFC rushing champ, was expected to push Patriots starter Antowain Smith for the top job. On Tuesday, Smith said he was disappointed the Anderson deal didn't work out.

``The competition would have been fun,'' Smith said. ``Whatever it takes to help the team out, I was all for it, looking forward to it.''

Anderson, a former Atlanta Falcon, led the NFC in rushing in 1998 with 1,846 yards and 14 touchdowns, posting his third straight 1,000-yard season in the process. He tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee early the next season.

In 2000, he rushed for 1,024 yards before tearing the ACL in his left knee on Sept. 30, 2001. The Falcons released him in June.

The Patriots were among six teams Anderson's agent, James Sims, said showed interest in Anderson. On Monday, Sims said he had reached an ``agreement in principle'' with the Patriots.

The Patriots would not confirm that Monday, but included Anderson on the team's depth chart and listed his statistics in their weekly press release.

Quarterback Tom Brady said the running game is in good shape, with or without Anderson.

``He's not here, and we've got some backs that I really like, guys that have done an awesome job,'' Brady said.

QLD
08-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I just read about that! Weird. I think if he IS going to comeback, he needs to take another year off. And then try again.

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 07:43 PM
I thought the Colts were interested in him. Aren't they short a few RBs since Rhodes went down and they released Ben ***? I wonder if any of those other teams that were interested in him.

QLD
08-27-2002, 08:23 PM
I think he may have had problems with his physical. He seems to have decided he isn't ready to come back. But I know the Colts WERE interested.

jjreason
08-27-2002, 10:24 PM
I loved that old rivalry between the Browns and Bengals, back in the "You DON'T live in Cleveland, you LIVE IN CINCINNATI!" days. Vicious.

figrin bran
08-27-2002, 10:40 PM
I wonder where did Icky Woods ever shuffled of to? I don't remember him being around very long.

Jamal Anderson signed with New England, oops, no he didn't.

Cade McNown out for the year (whoop de do)
Antonio Freeman signed with the Eagles. I was in the same Sociology class as he was when I went to VA Tech.

Hey, i was in a sociology class with JJ Stokes when we were at UCLA. i used to see Jonathan Ogden around too. grrr...the name of McNown is to never be mentioned on this forum again. :cry: :mad:

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by figrin bran

grrr...the name of McNown is to never be mentioned on this forum again. :cry: :mad:

Well, that shouldn't be a tough rule to obey.:D ;)

2-1B
08-28-2002, 04:04 AM
Cade McWho ? :D

That's so lame, the autocensor bleeped Ben G@y's name. :rolleyes:

jjreason, Sam Wyche was a real smartarse then, wasn't he? :D

jjreason
08-28-2002, 04:12 AM
He was so cool....I DID root for Kosar and the Browns, Caesar, but I remember that one season: Dog Pound guys throwing stuff like CRAZY at the poor Bengals and then that rant on the mic to the live fans at Riverfront by Wyche....so cool. That must have been in the late 80's. It's very difficult for me to believe that Im old, but I am!

In quasi related news, I just found out that the dunk contest (NBA All Star stuff) in Chicago between Air Jordan and Dominique was also in 88!!!!!!!. Im so OLD!!!! :cry::D

QLD
08-28-2002, 09:46 AM
I still say 'Nique was robbed!!!!!!! :(

Dangit!

I am also a fan of the (86 I think) series between the Hawks and Celtics. Game 7, Bird and 'Nique both go off for over 50 points!

That was probably the Hawks best chance at winning it all ever.

Rogue II
08-28-2002, 11:25 AM
While we are reminising about old sports memories, anyone remember the Atlanta Flames or the Cleveland Barons? The Flames have to be the only team to move from the US to Canada, ever.

The Barons were only around for 3 or 4 years before they merged with the Minnesota North Stars and eventually moved to Dallas in '93.

Ahh, the good old days, before hockey players wore helmets.

QLD
08-28-2002, 11:36 AM
I don't really remember the Flames too much, I never payed much attention to hockey. But it always surprised me that we got another team. Of course, most people in Atlanta these days aren't from Atlanta.

Rogue II
08-28-2002, 02:51 PM
I know what you mean about people not being from Atlanta. My parents just moved from there to LA. And my brother still lives there. My youngest brother got to play with the Thrashers. Ray Ferraro's son was on his team.

In case anyone cares, Ki-Jana Carter was cut by the Packers yesterday. There is one more round of cuts coming up this weekend. Teams had to have their rosters down to 65 players yesterday and they have until Sept 1 to get them down to 53.

JetsAndHeels
08-28-2002, 05:09 PM
intently through a pair of binoculars at the lovely Melissa Stark . . . that was me. :D :D :D [/B]

I can't blame you for that, buddy!! She's very easy on the eyes!!

rynobot
08-28-2002, 09:59 PM
I wish she was on ESPN again. :(

Rogue II
08-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Check this out:

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/columns/stark_melissa/bio.html

If you type in her name at Yahoo, you can find her fan club website.

Keeping with my new Jimi Hendrix theme: Yow! Foxy Lady.

2-1B
08-29-2002, 01:32 PM
Thanks Rogue 2 !
It was all good until the last sentence . . . something about a husband. :mad:

Fan Club? Wow, guess I need to get to work on my Jim Gray tribute page! :D

rynobot
08-29-2002, 04:14 PM
It looks like I maybe going to Jersey for the weekend. ;)

figrin bran
08-29-2002, 10:34 PM
Caesar, beware of Moss and the SI cover jinx!!!! ;)

QLD
08-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Caesar, I will take Moss off your hands for you, as a personal favor for you.

2-1B
08-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Who did you offer to figrin bran receiver-wise ? ? ? Maybe this could turn into a 3 way deal . . . :D

QLD
08-30-2002, 10:03 PM
I'll make you a couple of offer Caeser-man!

2-1B
08-30-2002, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure I can trust you - what gives with Willie Jackson still being the Falcons #3 receiver? :D
I see you're so confident that you cut him ! ! ! :crazed:

I better keep Moss . . . SI be damned !

QLD
08-30-2002, 10:20 PM
I don't know WHAT the Falcons are smoking with that one. But I KNOW Muhammed will be the #1 receiver in Carolina, even if their offense is bad.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 12:28 AM
So who gonna be the starting RB in Denver, Gary or Portis? Well who ever it is I gots both. :D

Rogue II
08-31-2002, 12:47 AM
That's a pretty good strategy, especially with the Broncos.

Dark Knight
08-31-2002, 01:01 AM
Rogue II

I like your new avatar/ sign. line.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 01:02 AM
I know that why people call me genuis when I walk down the street. :)

2-1B
08-31-2002, 01:07 AM
Great avatar Rouge II ! :happy:

Well, I picked up Donald Driver today because he's slated to start next week against the Falcons. Ferguson hasn't been doing much, so I'll take the sleeper.
I cut Marcellus Rivers to get him - somehow I mistakenly took him instead of Jeremy Schockey. :rolleyes:

rynobot
08-31-2002, 01:14 AM
I feel shockey is over-rated right now, he's not a top 5 TE yet.

Rogue II
08-31-2002, 01:22 AM
I'm glad you guys like it.

Hey, Caesar, I'm working on one specially for you!

figrin bran
08-31-2002, 03:46 AM
i think i may have committed grand larceny tonight in an in person 10 team yahoo draft with friends and friends of friends!

i got:

Shaun Alexander
Ahman Green
Stephen Davis (in the 7th round mind you!!!)
Trent Green
Joe Horn
Tim Brown
Troy Brown
L.Coles (i don't even know how to spell his first name)
Bubba Franks
Clinton Portis
Keenan McCardell
STL defense

i think Shockey is overrated too. just look at the rookie years of some of the better TE's, Gonzalez included, and they aren't great numbers at all, not that TE is that prolific a position to begin with.

figrin bran
08-31-2002, 03:52 AM
Caesar!!! why the lack of confidence in Moss all of a sudden? ;) the coaching staff did say that they would try to throw at least 40% of the passes to him.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 04:06 AM
u neeed a qb, sorry for my drunktness jack barney tends to do nit pretty quickly. ;)

rynobot
08-31-2002, 04:07 AM
moss is frigin awsomeeeeee :)

2-1B
08-31-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by figrin bran
Caesar!!! why the lack of confidence in Moss all of a sudden? ;) the coaching staff did say that they would try to throw at least 40% of the passes to him.

Don't worry, Randy wasn't going anywhere but toward the goal line in my uniform. ;) QLD is just trying to steal him from me, but I have him under lock and key. :D

ryno, if you're sorry for your drunkeness you can go back and clear up your treachery in the Gen Disc area. :mad:

rynobot
08-31-2002, 02:16 PM
that would be nice Ceaser.

figrin bran
09-01-2002, 05:50 PM
moss is frigin awsomeeeeee :)

he is also an underachiever at times.

Rogue II
09-01-2002, 11:47 PM
Here's a good one:

Carolina has named Rodney Peete their starter over Chris Wienke.

rynobot
09-01-2002, 11:54 PM
Here's a good one:

Carolina has named Rodney Peete their starter over Chris Wienke.

Yeah, I saw that on ESPN.com, we;; its not like Weinke is young. :)

QLD
09-02-2002, 03:18 AM
Ugh, what is Carolina thinking. Rodney Peete is horrible. At least if they let Weinke play, he has an opportunity to get better. Now they are just wasting everyone's time.

I had a get together with 9 of my friends today for a draft, and I ended up with the 10/10 pick. :rolleyes:

I do not like my team.

QB - Trent Green
QB - Tim Couch
RB - Anthony Thomas
RB - Garrison Hearst
RB - William Greene
RB - Amos Zeroue
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Eric Moulds
WR - Ed McCaffrey
WR - Keenan McCardell
TE - Todd Heap
K - Jason Elam
K - Martin Grammatica
D - Washington
D - Miami

rynobot
09-02-2002, 03:21 AM
Ugh, what is Carolina thinking. Rodney Peete is horrible. At least if they let Weinke play, he has an opportunity to get better. Now they are just wasting everyone's time.

I had a get together with 9 of my friends today for a draft, and I ended up with the 10/10 pick. :rolleyes:

I do not like my team.

QB - Trent Green
QB - Tim Couch
RB - Anthony Thomas
RB - Garrison Hearst
RB - William Greene
RB - Amos Zeroue
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Eric Moulds
WR - Ed McCaffrey
WR - Keenan McCardell
TE - Todd Heap
K - Jason Elam
K - Martin Grammatica
D - Washington
D - Miami

Release Zeroue and pick up Wells with Houston, I think he'll be the starter down there. As for Peete, isn't he younger then Tweinke? ;)

QLD
09-02-2002, 03:27 AM
Zeroue is going to be the starter in Pittsburgh as soon as the Bus has a flat tire in about week 3. He has looked horrible in the pre-season (Bettis that is).

rynobot
09-02-2002, 03:41 AM
Zeroue is going to be the starter in Pittsburgh as soon as the Bus has a flat tire in about week 3. He has looked horrible in the pre-season (Bettis that is).

That seems like wishfull thinking, but even if the Bus needs a tune up the still have Fu. I know he isn't the greatest but he'll probably split carries with Amos and will definitly be the goaline option. :)

figrin bran
09-02-2002, 10:39 PM
heh, well i got laughed at for taking Trent Green as my first QB, though the pickings were slim at that point...

you may want to pick up Kevan Barlow at some point, QLD, unless you think Hearst can make it through another season intact.

so what were we saying about M. Muhammed a while back? they must be out of their minds to start Rodney Peete.

2-1B
09-03-2002, 03:15 AM
Hi, just a reminder to anyone in the picks league to have them submitted by Wednesday afternoon because of the Thursday game.
Good luck everyone ! :)

I can't believe the season's already here! :happy:

rynobot
09-03-2002, 03:33 AM
I agree the season kind of snuck up on me too. :)

Rogue II
09-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Holy cow, 2 days left til the start of the season. I don't think I have any players on my SSG team playing Thursday.

I made my guess for the Pick 'em league. My downfall in these is that I always pick the Bills to win. So last year, that was 13 wrong answers right there:crazed:.

I think Shane Matthews was named starting for the Redskins, so he should be a good pick-up if you need a QB in any league.

Oh, and Jacksonville signed Kent Graham as a backup for Brunell. I know, that's about as exciting as Mark Rypien getting cut by Seattle.:rolleyes: The funniest thing I read about Rodney Peete was on fanball.com.....it said "Raise your hand if you knew Rodney Peete was still in the league."

QLD
09-03-2002, 05:45 PM
Rouge II, I read that as well! I almost spit Coke on my monitor when i read it!

2-1B
09-04-2002, 01:22 AM
Was Mark Rypien with the Seahawks ??? :crazed:

Yeah, Kent Graham getting cut by the Texans - that speaks volumes. :rolleyes:

Rodney's dad coached up here with the Packers years ago - cool guy. :)
Is Rodney still maried to Holly Robinson? :kiss:

2-1B
09-04-2002, 04:51 AM
Hi gang, I just made a last minute change to our Picks League - I handicapped the scoring so that we each get to drop one week's score. Your worst week won't count.

Why did I do this? Well, the main reason is just in case, for whatever reason, someone is late in making his picks. Since we don't "know" each other, there are no ways to get past the deadline so in the unfortunate case that you miss a week, you won't be automatically behind 14 or 16 points. :)

Plus, who doesn't have a bad week every season? I remember last season, I had a 12 out of 14 but the next week I had a 6 out of 14. :rolleyes: SO I think it could make it a bit more competitive.

Anyhoo, I'm sorry for not discussing this with the group but I just considered it now and there's no time to talk it though. I hope everyone's okay with it. :D

Rogue II
09-04-2002, 07:36 AM
Sounds good to me Caesar. I know I've had a 4-14 week before.

QLD
09-04-2002, 09:47 AM
You just signed your death warrant!

*I always wanted to say that*

Rogue II
09-04-2002, 10:21 AM
I didn't sign anything!

Oh, wait, you were talking to Caesar.

Is Rynobot still participating? I saw that he posted that he was quitting SSG. I think it is silly to get upset about some secret area on an internet forum.

Anyway....

Let's Go BUFFALO!!!!

The NFL is in trouble now, they signed 4 players that were cut by other teams.

From the Bills Newsletter
The Bills announced that the team has claimed off waivers offensive lineman Mike Houghton, linebacker Maugaula Tuitele, and linebacker Anthony Denman. The Bills have also signed TE Cory Geason.

Or, as I said, "who?"

QLD
09-04-2002, 10:34 AM
I love reading that stuff Rogue II. Every time I go to the Falcons site, they have signed a "veteran". I am like, who the hell are these guys?

Rogue II
09-04-2002, 11:10 AM
I can't really complain. The Bills have brought in a lot of good players for this year (Bledsoe, Fletcher). And, they also got rid of Rob Johnson. I wish they could have done a little more to improve the Defensive line. From what I understand, they are still a little screwed up because of the salary cap. The will be clear of the dead cap stuff at the end of this season.

I'm still worried on how the Bills will do after the craptacular pre-season. (Why do they charge full price for pre-season tickets?)

Its good to know that all teams can remain competitive in the NFL, unlike baseball. 4 years ago, if someone would have told me that Baltimore, New England and the Rams would win Super Bowls, I would have told them they need to lay off the wacky weed.

JediTricks
09-04-2002, 05:34 PM
Just a note: because of recent post-padding complaints, this thread is being moved (it was that or simply delete it, which I didn't want to do).

QLD
09-04-2002, 05:36 PM
Were they complaining about this thread imparticular? Or just post padding in general. To be honest, just about every thread in here has been on sunject, and of quality.

Where are you moving it to?

JediTricks
09-04-2002, 05:53 PM
UPDATE - Because this thread really doesn't have a "regular" place to go since it's not an open discussion thread, and because Steve doesn't want to use TESTING for this, we're creating a new MISC section that this will go into that will fit this a little better.

-------------

Moved to COLLECTORS CLUBS "MISC-OTHER". It wasn't about this thread in particular, just that the Gen Disc has a lot of threads with individuals having nearly 100 posts in 'em lately.

BTW, as to the question you PMed me QLD, I am not sure if I will be moving the Bouka threads because they are using the "2 posts in 12 hours" rule that Dar Argol came up with. I could have asked him to help me enforce that rule in here, but that would have meant stifling your discussion. I figured if it were in here, nobody could fairly accuse you of post-padding or being disruptive.

This move was suggested by someone who posts in here, I didn't think I'd do it at the time but I didn't realize it'd grow so big either or the atmosphere in Gen Disc would change so much.

Rogue II
09-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Whatever. Post count doesn't mean anything to me.

QLD
09-04-2002, 07:02 PM
Yeah, they could knock me down to zero, and I would really care less.

Anyway, back to football!

2-1B
09-05-2002, 01:15 AM
JT - who do you like in the Minnesota / Chicago game this weekend? :p

Post padding? Yeah, I'm curious too . . . if it's due to general issues, that's one thing. But if people are coming in here when there is NOTHING of interest to him or her and THEN complaining about post padding, well . . . . :rolleyes: I bet I could find plenty of padding in those collector's clubs. :rolleyes:

Yes QLD< back to the NFL :D

Where the hell is Jango96? He didn't get his picks in, so there's his dropped score already. :cry:
I'm sure it's just bad timing, I know he was out of town til Monday and the Wednesday deadline did sneak up on us.

Hmm, I see Thursday's game is "meaningless" in as much as we all picked the Nines. But it sure has meaning for our fantasy league ! ! ! ! ! :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck everyone. :)

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 11:19 AM
I don't have any 49ers or Giants on my SSG fantasy team. I do have Amani Toomer on my other team.

It will be interesting to see how Giant's TE Shockey does. He was tearing it up in the preseason, but the fantasy writers didn't get too excited about him.

I was just skimming the Available Players list. There are still some decent position players on there. I guess that's the advantage of having only 10 teams as opposed to 12. Its good to know in case anyone gets hurt.

2-1B
09-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
This move was suggested by someone who posts in here, I didn't think I'd do it at the time but I didn't realize it'd grow so big either or the atmosphere in Gen Disc would change so much.

Yes, I suggested it long ago, but as a courtesy to those who have no interest in this thread - not because of any whining by some poor baby about post padding.

Hey, where's jjreason been? Hopefully he hasn't changed his mind and ran back to the CFL? Oh yeah, I forgot - he's been banned. :rolleyes:

I like the Niners by 7 tonight. :)

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 01:39 PM
49ers by 7? Sounds about right. The odds I saw said 3.5. It should be a good game.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/odds.html

I was watching tv this week, and a commercial for Sega Football for PS2 came on. I thought the graphics looked pretty cool.....until they showed the Bills kicker miss wide right. I was offended by that. It brought back terrible memories of the first of 4 Super Bowl losses. Well, at least they made it to the Super Bowl.

Maybe jjreason was put on waivers by SSG and the Panthers picked him up to replace Rodney Peete.

Ever see Monty Python's Holy Grail? "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" "Come see the violence inhereted in the system!"

QLD
09-05-2002, 01:41 PM
Hey guys....I might not be around for a while.

I just got a call from the Panthers, and they want me to come in and be starting quarterback. I'll let you know how it goes.

2-1B
09-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Okay, take care Rodney, just be sure to set your lineup and picks every week.

Good luck to you and the Panthers (maybe that's where Jangy96 has been? :D )

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Jangy96 probably took Mark Rypien's spot on Seattle's roster.

Nexu
09-05-2002, 01:58 PM
365th post. ;) :D :p :rolleyes:

2-1B
09-05-2002, 02:03 PM
Huh? Rogue II is post #365.

What's the significance? :confused:

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 02:19 PM
I don't get it. Who was he trying to beat?

QLD
09-05-2002, 04:17 PM
I don't know......I have no clue.....nor do I even WANT to I think.

Nexu
09-05-2002, 06:47 PM
I was bored. My post is the 365th reply. I saw that there was 364, on the main page. Stupid crap, I know. :rolleyes:

Continue. Feel free to ignore me now.

2-1B
09-05-2002, 10:59 PM
So why didn't you type 365th reply, instead of 365th post.

anyway, if you're bored, please go elsewhere because it's bad enough that someone has to cry about "post padding" in here, just because posts don't "count" in here odesn't mean we need to litter our precious Fantasy field. :)

Nexu
09-06-2002, 07:35 AM
Will do. Sorry about that.

Rogue II
09-06-2002, 10:26 AM
....Anyway, back to Football.

Did anyone watch that game last night? 49ers didn't cover the spread. Lots of field goals, lots of interceptions. I guess if you are into defence, it was a good game.

I'm hoping I get to see the Bills vs. Jets game. I'm afraid the DC stations might show the Ravens instead. Luckily, I have Dish Network and I get the Sacremento TV stations still. Between the 2 of them, I hope I can see the game.

QLD
09-06-2002, 11:27 AM
I was at work, and couldn't watch the game. However, I did watch the gamecast on NFL.com. It looked like a snorefest.

I am moving this weekend, and my Dish Network gets installed on Sunday between 1-5. Hopefully I don't miss too much football! :eek:

QLD
09-09-2002, 02:24 AM
Dish Network couldn't get a signal in my yard :rolleyes:

Oh well, regular cable for me.

ANd it looks like I am stomping the proverial mudhole in Mr. Caesar this week ;)

Rogue II
09-09-2002, 07:51 AM
That's too bad. I managed to watch the Bills/Jets, and parts of the Baltimore, Redskins, and Green Bay games yesterday.

I'm happy with the improvement the Bills made except for the kick off team.

Travis Henry is available in my other league. I was thinking about dropping M. Pittman to pick him up. Think it's a good move or should I wait?

rynobot
09-09-2002, 02:13 PM
I'd grab him right away, he's a young back that has loads of potential. If the Bills can keep up a good passing game it will open the field for Henry to plow over everyone.

Rogue II
09-09-2002, 02:48 PM
I already did. I was thinking about how good Henry did and how "iffy" Pittman has been.

By the way, if you look at the Pick 'em league, if the Steelers win tonight, there will be 4 teams tied for 1st.
I'm not one of them:frus:

2-1B
09-10-2002, 12:49 AM
I can't believe I picked Pittsburgh tonight . . . all weekend long I was kicking myself for that one, and of course I was correct in assuming I made the wrong pick.

UGH, that Cleveland game was a let down for me . . .

QLD gave me a thorough beating in week 1, my congrats to him on his win ! :)

Remember how I planned on starting Quincy Carter over Mike Vick in a different league? Well, that was stupid . . . Mikey tore it up but Quincy had a MINUS THREE. Terrible. Hmmm, even with Vick, I would have lost so it's not a costly move
anyway . . .

Nice 2 game hole I dug for myself in the picks league ! :D

The fun has begun !

Darth Shifty
09-10-2002, 12:46 PM
And Shifty sliiiides into first place.... Alright, raise your hands if you thought I was going to be in first place after week 1. No one? Ok, raise your hands if you thought I'd be in first place at all this year. Hello? Alright, raise your hands if you thought I'd win a game this year? Anyone? Bueller? It's ok, I didn't raise my hand at all either. :stupid:

I picked Pittsburg for last night's game in my pool here at work too Caesar. Thought I was smooth for predicting the upset. But, noooooo. Pittsburg has to go and blow it in the second half.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Rogue II
09-10-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty
And Shifty sliiiides into first place.... Alright, raise your hands if you thought I was going to be in first place after week 1. No one? Ok, raise your hands if you thought I'd be in first place at all this year. Hello? Alright, raise your hands if you thought I'd win a game this year? Anyone? Bueller? It's ok, I didn't raise my hand at all either. :stupid:

Being the victim of your team's wrath, all I can say is that it could have been worse. I think some of your players on your bench scored more than your starters. No combination of my players would have beat your team.

Curtis Martin got taken out early in the game and my wide recievers didn't do squat.

Well, hopefully I can beat down QLD this week.:) ;)

QLD
09-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Hopefully being the operative word Rogue II. ;)

I sucked this week in the pick'em league. Next week I will be perfect! I swear!

And man, that Falcons game was a heartbreaker. On the radio anyway. But Vick was studly!

figrin bran
09-11-2002, 02:00 AM
i don't really have time to check this forum that often anymore now that i'm in so many football leagues...

hey, look who's tied for first in the picks league ;)

QLD
09-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Not me, THAT'S for sure!

figrin bran
09-14-2002, 11:55 AM
it's been rather quiet in here. best of luck everyone with the games this Sunday! i am hoping for another 4-1 weekend with all my leagues...

QLD
09-14-2002, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I did really well in all of my yahoo leagues last week. I won in all of them but one. I also won in 1/2 of my leagues I do with my friends too.

I will be at the Falcons/Bears game, pulling for the Falcons to take down Da Bears!

2-1B
09-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Go Falcons ! Everyone in my pool with friends picked Chicago, and since I hate the Bears anyway, its win-win for me ! :happy:

I hope your having fun at the dome QLD, game starts in 5 minutes !

Oh, and for the record, Pam Oliver is gorgeous ! :kiss:
She did an interview with Vick today . . . just had to express my opinion ! :D

Rogue II
09-15-2002, 03:47 PM
I get the feeling I didn't make very good picks this week.

Pam Oliver, eh?

2-1B
09-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah, Pam Oliver ! :crazed: :happy:

Alright, I hope QLD isn't too sad on his way home right now, that Falcons ending was TERRIBLE. :mad: FOX went to the "kick" after the Packers lost (yay ! ) and I was just disgusted by that missed FG . . .

Go Browns ! Too bad they didn't get their shutout! :mad:

Go Vikes, I'm watching them right now . . . someone needs to be held accountable for those Bills uniforms - they are CRAP. :dead:

Rogue II
09-15-2002, 05:09 PM
I can't see the Bills game. I am getting the NYG-STL and the 49ers-Broncos with the dish.

The Bills uniforms aren't all that bad. It takes a little time to get used to. I like the blue jersey's better than the white.

It seems like they combined the Texans' and Titans' uniforms.

They also put an extra stripe down the middle of their helmets.

figrin bran
09-16-2002, 10:36 PM
anyone need help at the #2 RB position? i can offer T.Jones, Barber, or Pittman

Rogue II
09-17-2002, 08:11 AM
Hey Caesar,

Looks like we're hooking up this week in the battle for last place.

Where did my team go wrong? Luckily, I won't fire myself from being General Manager.....or will I?

QLD
09-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Man....I was sad. The worst thing is, the field goal was wide left, and I was on the right side of the goal post. It looked good from our seats! I am disappointed. They really should have blown the Bears out that game. The defense was awesome, but they got worn down in the 3rd quarter after the offense coughed up 3 turnovers in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd. Oh well, at least I am 2-0 in our leage. Not so good in the pick'em though. :(

Darth Shifty
09-17-2002, 04:58 PM
And Shifty sliiiiiides right out of 1st place.:frus: There go my hopes of an undefeated season. I must confess JJ, I was hoping Akers would pull a groin muscle on his opening kickoff.:evil:

Hey QLD, are there different scoring systems that you can choose on Yahoo? I'm on two different Yahoo leagues and I've seen the same player(s) get different scores - especially defense. I have New England in my other league and I scored 38 points this week as opposed to 25 in our league.:confused:

Oh, by the way....

GO BRONCOS!!!!

QLD
09-17-2002, 07:23 PM
Shifty, yes there are. I however, went with the default Yahoo settings. But you can adjust it to fit your likings.

Rogue II
09-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Shifty, yes there are. I however, went with the default Yahoo settings. But you can adjust it to fit your likings.

Can you adjust it so my team wins?

QLD
09-17-2002, 11:12 PM
Rogue.....I am the commissioner, not a miracle worker!!! ;)

2-1B
09-18-2002, 12:48 AM
Ryno beat me by a point this week. :(

You said it Rogue 2 ! :D Ugh . . .

QLD I'm totally embarrased by my picks the past 2 weeks. Totally embarrassed . . . :dead:

Nice job jjreason ! :)

rynobot
09-18-2002, 01:05 AM
Ceaser, just think Redskins Defense gave me negative points, you could have been beaten worse. :)

Oh, I am looking for a Defense, I'd trade a Football Player for one.

Rogue II
09-19-2002, 12:51 PM
I need a RB. I'm willing to give up a combination of:

C. Martin (RB)
Randle El (WR)
Janikowski (K)
New Orleans (DEF)
S. Alexander (RB)
I will consider others.

2-1B
09-19-2002, 01:15 PM
I'm a little worried, I only picked 2 underdogs and there are always more than that who win. :(

Rogue II
09-19-2002, 01:46 PM
I'm a little worried, I only picked 2 underdogs and there are always more than that who win. :(

I picked 3 but I'm thinking I should have picked 2. For some reason I'm picking Tampa :pirate:. I don't know why.

I can't believe I picked the Redskins last week. I knew the Eagles would win. What was I thinking?:rolleyes:

Hopefully I can make a trade before this weekend so I can improve my chances of winning the "battle for 9th place." ;)Rynobot? Figrin Bran? Anybody?

2-1B
09-19-2002, 02:15 PM
I picked Washington last week too. :rolleyes: But I only put one confidence point on them in my other league. :D

My only 2 underdogs are Tampa and my Browns.

I was gonna take the Titans, but with George questionable and McNair possibly being out, I went with my team. Couch is a question mark though. :(

Rogue II
09-19-2002, 02:25 PM
I took the Saints and the Bills to round off my 3 underdog picks(I think).

I see we both refuse to pick against our favorite team.

Is it sad that I almost picked up Rodney Peete?

figrin bran
09-20-2002, 02:22 AM
hey rogue, i sent you a pm about a possible trade! and there is a much, much better qb than rodney peete that's available on the free agents right now.

shifty, i'd rather win or lose fairly and so i suggest that you check out who fred taylor is playing this weekend ;)

2-1B
09-20-2002, 03:09 AM
Oh believe me Rogue II, I'll be picking against Cleveland soon enough - gimme a few weeks! :D

Seriously though, as a Bills fan, I want your opinion of those road uniforms I saw them wearing in Minnesota. :)

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 07:39 AM
I like the blue uniforms. At first, I didn't like the white away jerseys, but I'm getting used to them. I still think it looks like the Titan's uniform to me. I talked to my family in Buffalo, they think the same thing.

They had an interesting choice of colors. Red, white, dark blue, and the bluish silver. From what I read on their website, the Bill's had blue and silver uniforms (like the Lions) in their first year in the AFL.

When I found out they were changing their uniforms, I was hoping they would change the color of their helmets as well. All they did was add another stripe down the middle.

QLD
09-20-2002, 04:59 PM
I think the Bills should have changed their logo to a mailbox stuffed full of envelopes. ;)

Rumors have the Falcons chaging uniforms soon. I would much rather them change coaches. Personally, I am tired of teams changing uniforms. Most of the new ones look like World League Teams or something. I mean, most teams look the same now. A few years ago, if the Bucs were playing, you KNEW they were the Bucs....same with Broncos, etc...

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 05:24 PM
I think the Bills should have changed their logo to a mailbox stuffed full of envelopes. ;)

Ha HA, Ha ha ha ha.....ha......I don't get it.

It would have been kind of cool if they incorporated the retro look like the Jets, Giants, and Redskins did on their helmets.

QLD
09-20-2002, 05:33 PM
Yeah, the old white helmet with the little red buffalo on it would be cool.

Some people say the Falcons might go back to their red and black and silver. Not a bad idea.....but.....I like their uniforms just fine now.

rynobot
09-20-2002, 05:41 PM
I think the teams change uniforms so they can sell more jerseys.

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Selling more jerseys is definatly one of the reasons teams change them. But, I don't think all uniform changes are bad.

Tampa's were really ugly so they needed to.

New England's helmets were way out of date, too.

The old Bronco's jerseys were cheesy, but I don't like their current uniforms much better.

Although I'm not a fan, I always liked the Falcon's red helmets better.

Changing sports: Can you imagine the Astros and the Pirates wearing their old uniforms from the 70s and 80s? Ewww.

rynobot
09-20-2002, 06:32 PM
Of course, some of those uniforms were awful in todays' standards. Uniforms mostly reflect the current fashion trends, that is why basketball and baseball players both wear baggy pants and shorts.

QLD
09-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Funny how 50 years ago, basketball players wore tight shorts.....and baseball players wore baggy pants.....

Now basketball players wear baggy shorts.....and baseball players wear tight pants.....

rynobot
09-20-2002, 08:46 PM
uh QLD, I guess you haven't seen Manny Rameriz's pajama pants he wears each game.

QLD
09-20-2002, 08:51 PM
Who watches baseball after August?

But no, I haven't seen them. I hae read about them though.

2-1B
09-22-2002, 02:48 AM
Manny's pants are awesome !

Rogue 2 - I don't think the Titans unis look like the Bills' . . . the Bills look trashy in their road jerseys while the Titans look very classy. :D But I have heard people compare the 2 as well. :)

Atlanta ? When did they go Black? Was it during Glanville's run? I always associate the Black with Glanville, and personally would like to see a return to the Red and Gray. :)

What gives with the Steelers only having the logo on one side of their helmet? :confused:
As a kid, I thought it was because someone decided to "steal" :rolleyes: one of the 2 insignias . . . of course now I know better. :D
But I honestly am curious as to the reason behind that.

Gee, at least Cleveland comitted to NO helmet logos. :crazed:

Rogue II
09-22-2002, 07:52 AM
I made a compaison photo of the Bills' and Titans' Jerseys. It looks like Tennessee and Buffalo are the only 2 teams to have color on their shoulders in the white uniforms. The Bills color patch goes all the way down below the name. The Titans' color stops just above the name.

Both teams use similar shades of dark/light blue. The Bills added some red to the collar. The part I didn't like about the Bills was the wierd shade of the silverish-blue color on the numbers.

I've been staring at it since June, so I've gotten used to them now. If I was to buy a jersey, I would still get the blue home jersey.

2-1B
09-22-2002, 10:56 PM
YEAY BROWNS !

:happy:

Hahaha, we were watchign the Packers/Lions, I can't believe it came down to the wire again like last season!

Man, I wish I would have kept Horn over Moss. :D What a disgrace - I keep giving that guy another chance, but when a guy like Daunte is giving it his all (even though hs performances have been shaky :D ) it just irritates me that Moss can be so smug.

QLD - are you enjoying this beating the Falcons are throwing at the Bungles? What a pathetic team, I can't believe they are on tonight (the Bungles I mean -
not the Falqs :D )

figrin bran
09-23-2002, 03:01 AM
but Caesar, you were so eager to acquire moss from me! well no team could possibly deal with both the egos of him and owens so one of them had to go! ;)

Rogue II
09-23-2002, 08:00 AM
I have a bad feeling about this. I'm up by 2 points, with Kewshawn Johnson playing tonite. Caesar has Kurt Warner playing.

...lousy no good Shaun Alexander. I have him on both of my Yahoo teams. In my other team(I'm 1-1), I am winning 76-30something. Hopefully, Marshall Faulk and STL's TE don't put up 40 points.

QLD
09-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Caesar,

The Falcons actually started out with black uniforms when they were an expansion team. They then shortly thereafter changed to the red and grey and black. When Glanville got there, it was the Falcons 25th anniversary, and he took said they were "black in black". It was a pretty popular move here, so I don't really care if they stay, or go back. As long as they don't do something drastic.

I was at the game last night. MAN the Bengals are pathetic! They made the Falcons look good, and they did not play all that well. It was free Mike Vick bobblehead night too! ;)

Also of note, Dan Reeves was booed heavily when the team was introduced. Also of note, the first play of the game was Duckett up the middle. They were rumors that if we lost last night, Dan was history. Which would have been a GOOD thing.

And Caesar, don't you wish you had traded me Moss now ;)

2-1B
09-24-2002, 01:49 AM
Cool QLD, thanks for the info on the Black. :)

Yeay, 12-2 ! ! ! :D

Lousy Vikes and Bears. :mad: Whew, and I needed those Bucs to win so I could make up 3 games on our leader JJR. :D
In case you didn't notice, we are ranked by the second column, which takes into account our drop system of discounting our worst week. :)

Week 4 should be another fun slate of games !

Rogue 2, the offical stats aren't up yet, but even though it appears Key didn't do much on offense, it loks like Warner lost it for me anyway. :D

Ugh, I'll be 0-3 now. :cry:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I just noticed Tim Couch and his 23 points on my bench . . . while Kurt Warner yucked it up. :frus:

Rogue II
09-24-2002, 07:46 AM
Wow. I can't believe Kurt Warner actually had -2 points!

Woo Hoo! I won a game!

<insert happy dance here>

I'm thinking about dropping Keyshawn Johnson. I'm sure I can find a better WR.

figrin bran
09-25-2002, 02:02 AM
woo-hoo!!! look who's sitting atop #1 of the league! the Force is strong with us!

hey i was wondering if any of us collect the mcfarlane sports picks figures? i am regretting passing up the michael vick the other day b/c i probably won't be able to find another one.

QLD
09-25-2002, 02:47 AM
I'm in Atlanta, and I can't find a Vick figure ANYWHERE! I only collect the Atlanta figures. I broke down and ordered one from EBGames.com, for 11.99.

2-1B
09-25-2002, 02:57 AM
Well, at least you have that nifty bobblehead to hold you over. ;)

QLD
09-25-2002, 03:08 AM
HEY! That Bobblehead is awesome! They are doing a set of 4 this year. Dunn, Vick, Brooking, and Buchanan I think.

2-1B
09-25-2002, 03:34 AM
I bought a pair of bobbleheads off of eBay several months back, Couch and Kosar (my all time fave! :happy: ).

They're pretty cool, I have them posed with my SLUs of Kosar and Couch, and my James Jackson ( :rolleyes: ) Sports Pick. Oh, and I can't forget my Browns Lil' Huddle plush guy - remember those ? :D
AWESOME.

QLD
09-25-2002, 08:28 AM
Yeah....I thought making a Jackson and Bennet figure last year was very lame, considering they hadn't made Vick, or many other legends yet.

Rogue II
09-25-2002, 08:43 AM
I've seen a bunch of those sports figures pegwarming around here. Some of the Baseball and Hockey have gone on clearance.

I'm still waiting for them to make a Bills figure. So for now, I have swapped helmets on my Antwan Smith and Drew Bledsoe Starting Lineups.:rolleyes: I don't think a Starting Lineup or McFarlane figure has been made of a Buffalo Bill since Doug Flutie.

In the meantime, I can pick up a Randy Moss figure and repaint him in a Minnesota State Penn. outfit.:D

"I once knew a man from Nantucket and the stories about him are greatly exaggerated" - Homer Simpson

2-1B
09-25-2002, 02:04 PM
I'll be away frm the forums for awhile guys . . . take care.
Randy called me this morning and asked me to pick him up from jail, so I'm heading there right now. :D

Rogue II
09-25-2002, 02:20 PM
I would ask you to get his autograph for me, but it would be too hard for him to sign his name while wearing handcuffs.

I know this from experience...I had an Airman working for me that was court martialed. I had to have him sign some paperwork while he was being transfered. He had a heck of a time.

In my other Fantasy league, some guy released Kurt Warner. I was considering picking him up since he is playing the Cowboys this week and Peyton Manning has a bye.

QLD
09-25-2002, 04:44 PM
I mean, how bad can it be to have Warner as a backup???? I mean he can't get any worse. All he has is upside now.

Maybe The Vikings will cut Moss and the Falcons will sign him! We could use a little controversy! :)

Rogue II
09-25-2002, 05:20 PM
I will have to drop Griese if I want to get Warner.

To tell you the truth, I forgot about all of the controversy surrounding Moss when he was drafted until I watched Sportscenter this morning.

QLD
09-26-2002, 11:31 AM
I made a trade with my brother in one of my leagues today. I traded Warrick Dunn and Kevin Johnson, for Anthony Thomas and Torry Holt.

What do you guys think?

Rogue II
09-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Sounds fairly even. You gave him a mediocre RB and a decent WR.

Anthony Thomas will probably have a good week this week since Buffalo's run defence is practically non-existent. I think I read that they are letting opposing RBs average over 5 yards per carry.

Torry Holt...well it really depends if the Rams get out of thier rut and back into the groove.

QLD
09-26-2002, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I thought it was an even trade. But if Holt comes around...then It will be great! :)

Rogue II
09-26-2002, 01:11 PM
I just mentioned that trade to one of the guys I work with. He thought you got the better end of the deal by a longshot.

rynobot
09-26-2002, 02:51 PM
I feel the same way. Thomas is a stud and Holt is too good not to have some good games. Dunn is due to come back to earth and Duckett looked good in the 4th quarter of the Sunday night game so I'm sure they will be splitting carries not before too long and Duckett will become the goaline back. Johnson is a great WR, and the way the Browns are throwing the ball this year he could put up numbers that may make him a 3-4th round pick next year.

QLD
09-26-2002, 05:19 PM
Yeah, Duckett is already getting the majority of carries, because the fans almost rioted when they ran Dunn up the middle on 3rd and 1 against the Bears. I like KJ, but I think Holt will do just as good in the long run, if not better.

I was at the last two Falcons games, Duckett just flat out looks like the better back.

figrin bran
09-27-2002, 01:40 AM
hey QLD, that was a steal of a deal for you!

so we have a big showdown this weekend...

2-1B
09-27-2002, 01:46 AM
jjreason's gonna pummel me. :(

figrin bran
09-27-2002, 02:13 AM
Caesar, may the force be with you and Kurt Warner! ;)

QLD
09-27-2002, 07:29 PM
Man....in the same league that I traded Dunn....

I just traded Eddie George and Mark Brunell

for

Tom Brady and Jamal Lewis.

So now here is my roster for that league:

Tom Brady
Kurt Warner
Deuce McAllister
Anthony Thomas
Jamal Lewis
James Stewart
Randy Moss
Torry Holt
Marty Booker
Jeremy Shockey
Alge Crumpler
David Akers
Todd Peterson
New England
Redskins

Man......I LOVE my team.....I got blown out last week though, because Warner, Moss, and Deuce all pulled a lame week on me.
That and Lamar Smith went crazy!

Rogue II
09-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Careful, keep making trades like that, you might be charged with theft.

I've finally realized these fantasy football gurus don't know squat. On one website, it says that Kurt Warner will have a rough week. Another one says that he should have a breakout game because the Cowboys can't defend against the pass. Then, one says Shannon Sharpe is still one of the top fantasy TEs. The other says you shouldn't even have him on your team. Idiots, all of them.

QLD
09-27-2002, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I read them, and take what they say with a grain of salt. I have Warner, but since I had 2 stud running backs already, and 2 solid backup, i figured I need an insurance policy for Warner. I am going to play Brady until Warner proves himself again to me. Which I would THINK he could do against the Cowboys.

I actually get to sit at home and watch the games this weekend. Since the Falcons are on a bye week :)

QLD
09-28-2002, 03:49 PM
Caesar....here is an example of the OLD Falcons black uniforms...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1863508477

rynobot
09-29-2002, 02:37 PM
Kurt Warner just broke a finger in today's game!!

QLD
09-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Yeah, glad I traded for Brady in my other league. I am playing against Tony Gonzalz who is going CRAZY today!

2-1B
09-29-2002, 05:15 PM
thanx for the link, Donger. :)

Poor Browns, OT got em this time. :cry:

Wow, GB looked sloppy again - man I wish they would have lost that game, but Carolina deserved to lose anyway after not going for a TD AT ALL down there at the end. Still, that guy should have made the FG attempt to send it to OT.

2-1B
09-29-2002, 05:18 PM
QLD, what game(s) did you see?

Are ther Pats and Bolts on CBS right now ? I'm guessing so, it's a national game . . .

Well, I of course had the Packer game on FOX, nothing on CBS. So I switched at 3pm (4 EST) to CBS to see if the Pats started, and the Browns were on ! ! ! ! ! :happy: I watched the last minute of regulation, then they went back to the studfio and I knew they weren't gonna go back for OT. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So I finished off the Packer game and now I'm just watching the CBS game in the background. Drew Brees sure had a nice 52 yard TD pass. :)

Oh, I just realized that maybe Tennesee is on CBS as a regional game by you? :confused:

and how about Bubba Franks' TD pass ! ! ! Did ya see if? If not, check out ESPN tonight, great stuff - because I have him AND Donald Driver starting this week. ;)

Rogue II
09-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Its nice having the dish. I get network channels from both Sacremento and Washington DC.

Pats/Charger game is on both
I watched: KC/Dolphin, StL/Dal, and Eagles/Texans.

I was ticked off at FOX. At the end of the StL game, they started showing the Buffalo/Chicago game. Right after the Bills missed the field goal, they quit showing it. Its all good since the Bills won 2 plays into overtime.

...so much for picking up Kurt Warner in my other league. I only needed him for one stinking week while Manning was on a bye, and he can't make it thru a single quarter. Oh well.

2-1B
09-29-2002, 06:12 PM
Wow, the Chargers are getting too many big plays against the Pats ! :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, check this out - in one of my other leagues, I benched Vick due to his bye and started my reserve, TRENT GREEN ! DUDE HAD 5 TDs TODAY ! ! ! :crazed:

Anyway, here's the Yahoo news clip on green from a few days ago:

Sep. 24: Green could have a hard time getting on track against a tough Dolphins defense this week. He hasn't exactly been all-world in the first three weeks, either, so keep your distance. (Matt Mills/TSN)

:D :D :D :D :D

As for my SSG battle with jjreason, I think I might get my first win today ! :(

I have Warner, so that hurts . . . but he has Testaverde - didn't Pennington play today ? :confused:
Bubba and Donald Driver will have enough to be over the top, I HOPE.

rynobot
09-29-2002, 07:19 PM
Never listen to Yahoo advice those guys never know what they are talking about, it's all crap shoot.

Rogue II
09-29-2002, 07:21 PM
That was lucky for you with Trent Green.

Bubba Franks had more passing yards than Testaverde and Warner combined. Bubba had 31, Testeverde was 0-4 and Warner had 17 yards. That's pretty funny.

rynobot
09-29-2002, 07:41 PM
All I can say is that Gannon kicked my butt this week. Hopefully Alexander won't have a good game aginst me and I'll get lucky.

OK, I lost.

2-1B
09-29-2002, 10:32 PM
Hi ryno. :)

Speaking of Alexander . . . :D :D :D :D :D

Man, the same team that I have Trent Green = I have Shaun Alexander too ! :D :D :D

Okay, the second half just started, gotta go to see if Moss can get any points in garbage time. :rolleyes:

Rogue II
09-29-2002, 10:33 PM
Hopefully Alexander won't have a good game aginst me and I'll get lucky.

OK, I lost.
So much for that dream coming true. HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

Its about time Alexander has started to get some points. I have him on both of my fantasy teams.

rynobot
09-30-2002, 12:04 AM
well in football you never know how the ball will bounce.

figrin bran
09-30-2002, 02:13 AM
in another league i played alexander but sat down t.green.

anyone interested in trading for aaron brooks? bledsoe's playing so well that i have to get him into the lineup.

rynobot
09-30-2002, 02:57 AM
I'll give you Vick

2-1B
10-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Hey QLD - are you at the Georgia Dome right now ?
I'm just wondering how that 76 yard TD looked that Keyshawn just had . . . . because it looked pretty damn cool on my TV ! :D :D :D

So what games are everybody watching today ? Since the Pack is on Monday night, I'm flipping between the Bucs/Falcons and the Steelers/Saints. I know the Eagles/Jags are on FOX next, I'm not sure if we get a CBS doubleheader too . . . speaking of Fox, isn't it funny how all of a sudden the Niners/Rams is not their featured game ? :D

And of course tonight we have the Browns ! ! ! I hope they don't tank on national TV . . . but after Baltimore's game on Monday night I'm afraid the Browns are in trouble. :cry:

:)

Rogue II
10-06-2002, 04:55 PM
I watched the Bills/Raiders game:mad: . I saw bits of the Redskins/Titans and Cowboys/Giants games. I have the Eagles/Jags game on now, but I'm flicking back and fourth to the 49ers/Rams and the Jets/Chiefs game.

Well, my Bills lost, however, I have Gannon so that makes things a little better?

Keyshawn had a TD? If figures since I released him.

2-1B
10-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Okay . . . . . during the Bucs game they had the Eagles/Jags listed first, so I ASSUMED it was the key game - but they ended up showing the Rams/Niners. What a lousy game, I wish they would switch coverage. :cry:

Rogue II - sorry the Bills lost but I really can't have them beating the Raiders. It's for the best, okay? :D

Rogue II
10-06-2002, 06:10 PM
It's ok. Technically the Bills are still in rebuilding mode. After this season, they will have more room under the salary cap. It will be interesting to see if they keep Peerless Price since he is a free agent after this season.

I don't know what the networks are thinking this year. They have televised some really bad games. ESPN and MNF have got the worst of it. No offence Caesar, but there were plenty of more important games today instead of the Browns/Ravens game.

Fox has made some crappy choices also.

2-1B
10-06-2002, 07:23 PM
I have to disagree. Regardless of team quality, the Browns vs. Ravens will always have a selling point. Since they make the schedules before we know how good certain teams will be, I think it is wisest to schedule divisional games for ESPN and MNF.

ESPN has done that for some time, and they can get some good contests. But the past 2 weeks they had the Falcons/Bengals and Vikings/Seahawks. HUH ? ? ? ? ?

MNF should follow suit more often. Like with tomorrow's Packers/Bears game. I remember watching that series as a kid when the Packers were
always 4-12, 5-11 . . . and the games were USUALLY good.

Rogue II
10-06-2002, 07:34 PM
I forgot about the rivalry between Baltimore and Cleveland. You are right, tomorrow night's game should be good.

The first football game I ever went to was in that strike shortened season in the early 80s. My father bought season tickets to the Baltimore Colts that year. :rolleyes: We ended up going to only 1 game....a 20-20 tie against the Packers.

2-1B
10-06-2002, 07:51 PM
Just to be clear - :D

I do agree with you though on some of the games Fox covers as the top tiered game - ESPN and MNF are locked in from the start, but FOX could shift their teams and coverage around more easily.

I know there are issues with the early/late start times, but there is still room to manipulate . . . like today with the Rams/Nines:

No Kurt Warner, the Rams are 0-4 (now 0-5 hehehehehe ) and the Nines are decent. But the Eagles and Jags are upstart teams, more intriguing to me.

Of course, the Nines/Rams fit the divisional billing, but I think it's more of a rare drubbing that happens from time to time between divisional opponents. :D

Time to get ready for the Browns . . . :happy:

2-1B
10-08-2002, 04:49 AM
WHEW ! :D

I was horrified when I checked my fantasy team today - I forgot to activate one of my receivers ! :eek:
No worry, Andre Davis would have been my guy and he only scored 3 points. Luckily I had a huge game out of Donald Driver and another TD from Bubba Franks tonight so I slid past Figrin Bran by 4. 2-3 record, I'm not doing well. :(

Wow, Favre really helped me out in another league with his 3TDS and nearley 400 yards ! ! !

QLD
10-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I started out well.....but my team is in the dumps right now.....

Rogue II
10-08-2002, 07:43 PM
I started out in the dumps....but my team has been doing well now...

3 Game winning streak, woo hoo!...but I don't like my chances this week vs. frigin bran.

figrin bran
10-10-2002, 02:13 AM
Caesar, that Green Bay/Chicago game was a real killer for me! seeing the Driver and Franks TD's really hurt as did Booker's whom my opponent in another league had.

anyone want to trade for Bledsoe and Owens?

Rogue II
10-14-2002, 01:04 PM
Bledsoe, eh? Hmmmm...

Anyway, I was just offered a trade in my other league.

I get:
Peerless Price
Garrison Hearst

He gets:
Tim Brown
Shaun Alexander

rynobot
10-14-2002, 04:43 PM
if you want to get screwed except the trade. :)

figrin bran
10-15-2002, 11:18 PM
a salute to A-Train! the force is strong in this one! ;)

QLD
10-16-2002, 11:21 PM
I just traded my brother Tom Brady and David Patten for Drew Bledsoe and Antonio Freeman. Freeman sucks, but I am thrilled to get Bledsoe.

2-1B
10-17-2002, 01:08 AM
Tom Brady is your brother? :confused:

COOL, can you get me his autograph? :)

QLD
10-17-2002, 11:15 AM
SHADDUP!!!!!!!!!

You know what I meant......but it did look like I meant that. ;)

Rogue II
10-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Your brother's team must suck since you keep taking his good players.

QLD
10-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Yeah, it does suck now!

I did get Anthony Thomas from him, but I traded him away to get Shaun Alexander.

Rogue II
11-04-2002, 08:27 AM
I can't beleive no one has posted in here for almost 3 weeks.

I had a bad week in both the pick'em and my SSG team. What was with all of the upsets this weekend in both college and pro?

I want to get rid of Shawn Alexander, so please make me an offer. If you throw a good QB in, I will consider trading Gannon. Sorry, jjreason, I don't want Bettis or Manning. I am trying to dump Manning in my other team.

I should win the week in my other yahoo fantasy football team if Miami's Defence and Chris Carter don't give me negative points.

Funny, I remember about 9 or 10 weeks ago, I was actually happy with my teams.:rolleyes:

QLD
11-05-2002, 02:39 AM
It's funny what a difference a few weeks can make!

Awesome teams turn to crap!

Dark Knight
11-05-2002, 11:30 AM
I win! I win! I win! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Rogue II
11-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
I win! I win! I win! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Rogue II's Rebels 33.00
Dark Knights' 52.00 final

Yep, at my expense. :mad:

At least I didn't have the day's lowest score (QLD);):D

I'm considering a trade offer I recieved. Anyone else interested in Gannon or Alexander?

Looking at the standings, I see there are only 4 teams above .500.

QLD
11-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Man, I can't believe I forgot to set my lineup. Oh well, that'll teach me.

figrin bran
11-06-2002, 02:33 AM
It's funny what a difference a few weeks can make!

Awesome teams turn to crap!

and yet some teams just keep on winning! :D

Rogue II
11-27-2002, 08:40 AM
Don't forget there are games tomorrow, so make sure you set up your teams and get your picks in.

I still can't believe I only picked 4 out of 16 games last week. I suck.

JediCole
11-27-2002, 01:32 PM
I saw this thread and decided it would be the perfect forum to admit that I am not a sports fan and had no idea what "fantasy football" was all about when I first encountered the term. I recall hearing something on the radio about fantasy football leagues and took a little bit different approach to defining such an entity.

My first thought was to work out who would be on my fantasy football league. A list of some of the early canidates appear below and will illustrate how off the mark I was in interpreting the meaning of a fantasy football team:

JediCole's Fantasy Football Roster:

Boba Fett
King Ghiodrah
Plastic Man
The Three-Headed Giant from "Monty Python & the Holy Grail"
Austin Powers
Kane from "Kung-Fu"
Destro
Zorak
Dr. Strange
Larry, Moe, and Curly

These were amoungst my initail picks. I would have rounded out my team had someone more knowledgable in sports not disabused me of the notion that there was far more fantasy in fantasy football than I had at first been imagining!

Rogue II
11-27-2002, 01:47 PM
Wow, I didn't think Moderators could post things so way off of topic.

I was just looking at the schedule. Week 14 (next week) is the last week of regular season for our league.

The following to weeks are the playoffs. It looks like Frigin Bran has clinched a playoff spot. JangoFett96 and Dark Knight are out. That leaves the other 7 of us fighting for the 3 spots in the championship round.

Rogue II
11-27-2002, 01:51 PM
...and by the way, you should have added Flash Gordon to your Fantasy Roster, he was supposed to be the Quarterback for the Jets (well, in the movie at least):crazed:

figrin bran
12-06-2002, 01:58 AM
Wow, I didn't think Moderators could post things so way off of topic.

I was just looking at the schedule. Week 14 (next week) is the last week of regular season for our league.

The following to weeks are the playoffs. It looks like Frigin Bran has clinched a playoff spot. JangoFett96 and Dark Knight are out. That leaves the other 7 of us fighting for the 3 spots in the championship round.

ahem! that would be Figrin Bran ;)

Rogue II
12-06-2002, 08:29 AM
Frigin' Figrin Bran it is.;):D

This should be an interesting week for our league.

QLD and jjreason are fighting for the final championship playoff spot. Either Shifty or I could slide into the final playoff spot if depending on who loses. I highly doubt I'll be the 4th team playing for the championship.

Darth Shifty
12-06-2002, 12:38 PM
Well Rogue II, if you beat JJ and QLD also loses, then you would have the 4th spot if I lost. If I win, then I would get the last spot. Pretty far-fetched though.

Soooooo, JJ and QLD.... How much would it take for you guys to take a dive?:evil: :D

Rogue II
12-06-2002, 01:21 PM
I am playing jj, so I beat him, I need Shifty and QLD to lose. I find it hard to believe that both of you would lose. So, like I said, I doubt I'll make it. My team has been so inconsistent. Of course, last week, if I played anyone BUT Rynobot, I would have won.

Now, what did we decide for the winner?
One of us can make an avatar for the champ.
The Champ can add "SSG 2002 Fantasy Football Champ" to his profile in "Location"
or something like that....

QLD
12-06-2002, 04:25 PM
I won't lose ;)

But for about $50 bucks, I could be persuaded.

I suck at making avatars, but that would be a good idea!

Rogue II
12-10-2002, 09:48 AM
Well, QLD, you aparently didn't get your $50. 2 out of the 3 things that needed to happen for me to make the Championship round happened. (I won, Shifty lost.) Now, the best I can do is finish 5th, but there are still 2 weeks of playoff games to decide that.

I have some ideas for the trophy avatar. I'll post them as soon as I finish them.

figrin bran
12-17-2002, 02:03 AM
congratulations QLD on the win!

and i am going to hang Drew Bledsoe for that pathetic performance.

QLD
12-17-2002, 02:19 AM
WOW!

I can't believe I won!

Bledsoe almost cost me in my other league! I ended up with a tie in that league, and won the tiebreaker.

Rogue II
12-19-2002, 10:32 PM
Here's my first attempt at the champion avatar.