PDA

View Full Version : SSG Fantasy Football League

Pages : [1] 2 3

QLD
07-18-2002, 02:03 AM
Hey guys. Anyone interested in a SSG Fantasy Football League?
I know some of us enjoy football, and i figured this would be a really cool way for us all to interact with each other. I'd like to get at least 10 or 12 teams, but I believe we could do more.

I would set it up on Yahoo, which is of course, free and easy to use. I will set it up ASAP if a few people are interested!

PM me your email address if interested, so I can set up the league and send you the invite for it!

2-1B
07-18-2002, 03:30 AM
I'm in ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I was thinking of proposing the same . . . but QLD beat me to it! :D
How will we play? Head to head or on a stat ranking system (I think they offer both).
Live draft or auto-draft?
Should we incorporate our username into our team name so we know who everyone is?
Whatever you guys want, I'm in !
:)

QLD
07-18-2002, 11:03 AM
I am going to go ahead and sign it up.

Yes, it will be a head to hear scoring system.

Roster will be 15 players.

Starting lineups will be 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Defense

I will go ahead and do an autodraft, because I doubt we can all get together at once.

Also, I think it would be best to incorporate our Usernames into our team names. Ex. QLD Bashers, or Caesar's Gladiators. That way we for SURE know who we are playing.

I think this has the potential to be a lot of fun.

Darth Shifty
07-18-2002, 11:43 AM
That's a darn good idea, QLD. I'm up for it.

QLD
07-18-2002, 04:38 PM
I will send you an invite Darth Shifty.

Rogue II
07-18-2002, 05:39 PM
Can I play too? My team would be the Mos Eisley Banthas, but since you want to incorporate the username......I'll have to think about it.

How are you going to run it? Yahoo.com lets you create your own leagues.

QLD
07-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Rougue II, certainly you can play. The league has already been created on Yahoo. PM me your email address and I will send you an invite. We do need your username in the team name, but you could be: Rougue II's Mos Eisley Banthas.

QLD
07-18-2002, 07:32 PM
I sent your invitation Rogue II. This is going to be so sweet!

Rogue II
07-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Roger Roger.

My team is created. This will be cool.

Dark Knight
07-18-2002, 08:03 PM
I would like to play also.

Sending a pm

rynobot
07-18-2002, 11:46 PM
screw Yahoo fantasy football, I'm ESPN all the way, they gave me a free t-shirt for winning my league. Yahoo can't match the free T-shirt.

QLD
07-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Well, Yahoo is free, and extremely easy to use. And unless ESPN is free now, which it did not used to be, I am not interested. I have tons of t-shirts in my closet I don't wear already.

figrin bran
07-19-2002, 02:13 AM
i would like to play as well! i won one of my leagues last year thanks to shaun alexander!

Big Chewie
07-19-2002, 02:31 AM
Is this a friendly game or a $$$ game?
I would be interested in joining for fun.

QLD
07-19-2002, 02:37 AM
It's a friendly game. No money involved, unless you want to donate some! :D

2-1B
07-19-2002, 03:01 AM
rynobot
screw Yahoo fantasy football, I'm ESPN all the way, they gave me a free t-shirt for winning my league. Yahoo can't match the free T-shirt.

No, actually it can surpass the free T-Shirt:

Quite-Long Dong
I know some of us enjoy football, and i figured this would be a really cool way for us all to interact with each other.

:) :) :)

Big Chewie
07-19-2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
It's a friendly game. No money involved, unless you want to donate some! :D

Sorry none to spare.

Sending you mail

jjreason
07-19-2002, 04:55 AM
Im all suited up and ready to play, coach! Team registered in your pool, now it's just as easy as waiting for week 1!

rynobot
07-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Yahoo doesn't give you anything for winning your league, plus I enjoy ESPN fantasy football more.

JetsAndHeels
07-19-2002, 10:19 PM
Is it too late for me to get in? I definately want to do it. I can pm you my email addy if it is not too late to get in on it.

QLD
07-19-2002, 10:26 PM
Jango, of COURSE there is still room for you buddy! Got a spot for ya, just PM me your email address. :D

JetsAndHeels
07-19-2002, 10:51 PM
No problem, QLD.

2-1B
07-19-2002, 11:20 PM
Of course you're playing Jangy, I was wondering what the hell took you so long to get here! :D

You should call your team JangoFett96's Decapitees :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
07-19-2002, 11:51 PM
LoL on the name Caesar. I may just go with that!!
I have been unable to get online for the past couple of days because we have had some visitors over here. They have been staying in the room where the computer is (naturally), so I have been unable to log on like I usually do.

figrin bran
07-20-2002, 02:25 AM
okay i am in the league now. this is going to be fun and competitive, i just know it! now i just need to think of a better team name than just "figrin bran"...

JetsAndHeels
07-20-2002, 10:04 AM
I tried to name my team "JangoFett96's Decapitees", but I was only allowed 20 characters. So I chose my fav NFL team and named my team "JangoFett96's Jets."

QLD
07-21-2002, 03:30 AM
That works for me Jango! I think this will be great fun!

QLD
07-21-2002, 03:25 PM
Anyone else interested in signing up? We have lots of room still!

figrin bran
07-21-2002, 10:34 PM
no no! less room = more frontline players for all of us and more parity! hee hee! just kidding, we could use a few more teams.

QLD
07-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Dark Knight, I just sent you an invitation!

Come on people, sign up. I wonder what the odds of Sir Steve himself participating are? :D

sideswipe1984
07-22-2002, 03:19 PM
I'd love to join in! If you could, send me an invite at: xxxxxxxx

QLD
07-22-2002, 05:59 PM
I will send it now! :D

JetsAndHeels
07-22-2002, 06:38 PM
That works for me Jango! I think this will be great fun!
You said it buddy!! Bring on the football!!

QLD
07-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOT!

JetsAndHeels
07-22-2002, 07:23 PM
Go Falcons!!??
Uh, yeah....
LoL

QLD
07-22-2002, 07:57 PM
Hey.....come on man, let a guy dream OK!!!!!!!!

:D

JetsAndHeels
07-22-2002, 08:02 PM
Don't feel bad, QLD. Just look at our NFL team..............
doesn't seem so bad now, does it??

sideswipe1984
07-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Thanks!

figrin bran
07-22-2002, 09:32 PM
hey Michael Vick's going to have a monster year! if i were you, QLD, i'd get him with the first draft choice ;)

QLD
07-22-2002, 09:55 PM
He might do well. Especially now that they signed Willie Jackson. I am happy I got season tickets. Their new owner is really trying to please the fans. But I don't think I will be taking him number one. Once Everyone gets signed up, I am going to do a random draft pick order.

2-1B
07-23-2002, 01:49 AM
A few things here . . .

1) Janger's Jets - I heard Herman Edwards on the Dan Patrick show this afternoon. I don't like the JEts, but I LOVE HErm Edwards. That guy is awesome. :)

2) Falcons? ? ? No comment. :rolleyes: :D

3) SirSteve? I too hope he joins, so you think he reads this section? SirSteve, if you're reading this, please join. I know Florida has no teams to boast off (and yes, I am ****ed at the Fins for stealing Ricky Williams from me :mad: ) but I know SS is a sports fan, so I hope he joins. :happy:

4) Draft Order - QLD, how long of a notice will we have to set our player rankings? I'll be tweaking up to the last minute, so PLEASE warn us for whatever date you set it. :)

I may a few more qestions, let me snoop around that website a bit more.

QLD
07-23-2002, 02:31 AM
I will probably set the draft status to ready about a week or 2 before the season starts. As soon as I know, you will. :D

Are you telling me you're an 'aint's fan?

Actually, I kind of like the Saints, when they aren't playing the Falcons.

2-1B
07-23-2002, 02:38 AM
Nope, Browns fan. :happy:

Word had it they were trying to get Ricky McCallum Williams, but the Fish decided to rob me! :p
Whatever, they always ramble about how they want to run the ball. :rolleyes: Jay Fiedler turns out to be a better rushing than some of their recent backs! :D

Man, I am hoping for a big comeback for one of my favorites, Jevon Kearse! I just bought a Starting Lineup, nice piece and I'm snagging some rookie cards too. I'm not hoping for them to gain value, I just want him to return to his Freak status. I like that guy, hope he turns it on this year. Same goes for the Titans, I don't have to worry about them playing the Browns twice per year anymore, so I can root harder for them now. :)

QLD
07-23-2002, 02:49 AM
well, with sports cards, defensive players never get much dollar value. Look at LT his rookie is worth 20 bucks. Sad but true.

2-1B
07-23-2002, 02:55 AM
Hey, I'm glad they aren't worth much - that way I can buy them! :D
They had a short stack of Kearse rookies for $1.90 . . . I was all, "I'll take that one, and that one, and that one . . . " :D

QLD, that's how it's gonna be, with a new Falcons avatar, huh? :rolleyes: Hey, at least go with the old gray and red logo ! ! ! :p

Long live Bill Fralic ! ! !

QLD
07-23-2002, 03:07 AM
I was going to go with the old school one to fit the 80's theme, but I couldn't find one. I didn't look that hard though.

QLD
07-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Only 8 teams so far. Plenty of room for more!!!!

ANd Caesar, don't forget about Aundray Bruce, Bill Fralic, Shawn Collins, Scott Case, John Rade, Mike Kenn, Jeff Van Note, Steve Bartkowski, William Andrews, Gerald Riggs, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Alfred Jenkins, Tony Casillas, Chris Miller, Jessie Tuggle, and Dave Archer.

Ahhhhh....old Falcons..... :D

Darth Shifty
07-23-2002, 12:52 PM
I'm all signed up and ready to go. Is it September yet?

JetsAndHeels
07-23-2002, 06:49 PM
J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 06:57 PM
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!

Squish the fish!

We should make a custom avatar for the winner. A Super Bowl trophy of sorts.

QLD
07-23-2002, 09:25 PM
Rogue II, that is a SPLENDID IDEA! I like it very much.

Hmmm....Buffalo and Jets fans....that could get interesting!

2-1B
07-24-2002, 12:37 AM
yeah, because even though the Bills are always terrible, they manage to give the Jets headaches. :rolleyes:

I love realignment, I can't wait for this season! :happy:

QLD
07-24-2002, 01:24 AM
Between the Jets and Bills, there are a lot of bad seasons combined. Almost as many as the Falcons have by themselves!
WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

figrin bran
07-24-2002, 02:50 AM
i go for one of the former southern californian teams. the one that's not in california currently but i've been a fan ever since the Jim Everett (argh) years.

QLD
07-24-2002, 03:04 AM
Jim Everett, the master of the "Phantom Sack". And don't call him Chris! :D

2-1B
07-24-2002, 03:19 AM
For QLD's amusement . . . :D

QLD
07-24-2002, 03:54 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool!!

2-1B
07-24-2002, 04:01 AM
Glad you liked it, I "borrowed" it from an eBay Falcons pennant pic. :D

Congrats on your 1138th post, that's a special number. :)

What do you think of David Carr going into camp as the Texans' starter? Pretty risky, IMO . . . but I'm not a Houston fan. :D

Rogue II
07-24-2002, 08:26 AM
When was the last time the Jets played in the Super Bowl? (last time they played in Buffalo)

When was the last time the Jets played in the State of New York?

Even though the Bills had a major overhaul, everything I read says the Fish should win the division and the Bills and the New Jersey Jets will end up fighting for 3rd and 4th in the division. Most of the writers say it is the best division in football. It should be an interesting year.

I'm just glad I was in Kuwait for most of last year's football season. I only had to watch 1 Bills game.

QLD
07-24-2002, 11:00 AM
1138.... *tries to think of significance*......

And with Carr, well, the Texans have nothing to lose by doing so I think. I mean, who else are they going to play? They are going to be bad, so they might as well let him play 16 games, so that maybe, he will be settled in by next year. I was kind of hoping the Falcons would have done that with Vick last year.

I just hope I don't have to see any Dallas games this year.

JetsAndHeels
07-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Being that I am in Carolina, I will go ahead and admit that I am also a Panthers fan.
Ok, now that you are all done laughing, I just wanted to mention the whole deal with Julius Peppers finally agreeing to his contract terms with the team.
I have liked Peppers from the start, since he did play for UNC here (which I am a Unc fan anyway) and not to mention he was 2nd all time in Unc history in sacks. I think he will add alot to the Panthers' lineup.
And since we are talking Carolina, we finally got a good running back to replace that crappy one we had before. Lamar Smith who was formerly with the Miami Dolphins will take over as the starter in the RB position. Hope he can rack up alot of yards and TD's for us.
Sorry to ramble on folks, just love football and can't wait for the new season.

Lord Malakite
07-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Being that I am in Carolina, I will go ahead and admit that I am also a Panthers fan.
Ok, now that you are all done laughing, I just wanted to mention the whole deal with Julius Peppers finally agreeing to his contract terms with the team.

Thats alright Jango, most of my family are Bengals fans. :D

JetsAndHeels
07-24-2002, 09:13 PM
LoL, Lord_Malakite.
I think the Panthers will have a better season this year, since they only need to win 2 games to double their wins last season!!

QLD
07-24-2002, 11:49 PM
Yes, but they will lose to the the FALCONS!!!!!!!!!

MWHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!

Mark my words....in two years, Falcons will be Super Bowl Champs!

Actually, I think the NFC East is a toss up this year. I think the Bucs are STILL overrated, but will probably win the division. I think the Falcons have a shot at beating out the 'aints for 2nd, and Carolina will bring up the rear.

But with the NFL these days, who knows anymore.

I am looking forward to the Sunday night game with Atlanta and Cincinatti. They ususally have very competitive contests.

And Lord malakite, are you interested in joining the league?
I asked Sir Steve, but he said he doesn't follow football too much. Bummer.

QLD
07-26-2002, 01:05 AM
Hey guys! Still looking for more teams!

2-1B
07-26-2002, 02:49 AM
Yes, we definitely need at least 1 more team. We have 9 now, 10 would work fine. Personally, I think 12 would be perfect, but even 10 will suffice.

Hey commish, just a suggestion but I really think we should require an even number of teams, I'd hate to have bye weeks. Right now Jango96 would be off during week 1. :D
Can you close enrollment at any point? If so, I hope you do so at an even number. :)

Ahh, I see the Atlanta Attack faces my team in week 1. Prepare to be "produced" by my squad, QLD ! ! ! :D

HEY! What about 12 Inch Lando? Maybe he'd like to play ? :(

QLD
07-26-2002, 12:07 PM
I will certainl ask him. We are doing a fantasy league with some other friends that I have been doing for about 10 years. I will see what he says. I can close enrollment, and based on how slow we are to get members, I probably will after 10, unless we find two more afterwards.

And I don't think you are ready for the ATTACK! :D

2-1B
07-26-2002, 12:11 PM
Sure, close it off at 10, and if 2 more people post that they'd like to join, then we can add them.

Cool, ask 12 Inch Lando to join, maybe it will prompt him to come back here ! :)

QLD
07-26-2002, 12:21 PM
He reads occassionally, but lately he just hasn't been posting. I wish he would, he's always been my partner in crime, and would have been REAL handy the last few weeks. But I have gotten used to you, bill, and Jonna being my evil buddies now.

MWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-27-2002, 01:17 AM
I'd join but here's what's going to happen.

I'll register my team and check their stats after the first week and maybe the second. After that I will lazily forget about them and neglect to make trades while half the guys on my team are either on the injury list, have been benched, or just plain suck. It happens all the time in any fantasy sport that I register in.

2-1B
07-27-2002, 01:36 AM
LBC, I admire your dedication. :D

What I like about Yahoo's autodraft is that we don't have to give it a draft category selection order. I played CBS Sportsline last year, and with auto pick we had to designate what category to pick in which round . . . i.e. "NFC running back in round 1" or "AFC Quarterback" in round 2. What the heck? What if there's a run on NFC Running Backs, why would I want the 5th ranked guy vs. the top ranked AFC rusher? :rolleyes:

As it were, the draft is easy to fix, because I got Faulk (Marshall, not Kevin :D ) in round 1, and EDGERRIN JAMES IN ROUND 2. Not that it helped since he got hurt, but you see how absurd that draft style is.

So I like Yahoo's approach, we rank them in order of our absolute preference, and therefore it actually simulates a real draft.

I'm pumped! :)

QLD
07-27-2002, 02:28 AM
Thanks for being honest about it LBC.

And the way CBS does their autopick, is horrendous. Yahoo's system is much better.

Hopefully we'll get our tenth team soon. I am so psyched!

QLD
07-27-2002, 12:11 PM
LALALA......we still need one more team. I am not going to leave you guys alone until we GET IT!!!!!!!!

2-1B
07-27-2002, 12:52 PM
12 Inch Lando passed on the offer? :cry:

QLD
07-27-2002, 12:54 PM
I will be talking to him tonight! Hopefully he won't.

QLD
07-29-2002, 07:10 PM
Well, he doesn't think he can dedicate himself to more than one league.

COME ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

WE JUST NEED ONE MORE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

SURELY SOMEONE IS INTERESTED?????

Please let me know!

2-1B
07-30-2002, 01:06 AM
Please? Anyone? :p

Please get word to 12 Inch's neighbor in Stone Mountian, one Mr. Jake "the Snake" Roberts to pay a visit to our noncomplying forumite! :D :D :D

Heck, invite Jake himself to play! (that is, if he can't get away form the crack pipe for a few minutes per week. :cry: )

I can't believe we can't get a 10th! When the "what teams do you hate" thread started, there were passions flying in EVERY DIRECTION!

How about Mandalorian Candidat? He's a Lakers fan, I know L.A. doesn't like football . . . but maybe ? ? ? :confused:

figrin bran
07-30-2002, 02:50 AM
hey! L.A. likes football! (please prove me right my fellow LA SSG'ers) it's just that Mr. Al Davis and Ms. Frontiere used us as pawns to get better stadium deals.

but yes please it would be nice if we could get one more team!

QLD
07-30-2002, 03:18 AM
We will find SOMEONE! I swear to you. We still have a month to find someone. SO, we will just have to keep this thread up top. :D

2-1B
07-30-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by figrin bran
hey! L.A. likes football! (please prove me right my fellow LA SSG'ers) it's just that Mr. Al Davis and Ms. Frontiere used us as pawns to get better stadium deals.

but yes please it would be nice if we could get one more team!

Shhhhh, I'm just placing some bait! :D :D :D

Go Clippers ! ! ! ! ! !

Maybe this will work -

hey Eternal Padawan, why doesn't Iowa have a football team ? ? ?

Because then Atlanta would want one too ! ;)

QLD
07-30-2002, 09:32 AM
BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That almost made me weep...... :D

Rogue II
07-30-2002, 10:10 AM
I'm sure it is just a matter of time before LA steals the Chargers or some other team.

Hey QLD, maybe we can talk SirSteve into mentioning the Fantasy Football league in the Misc. News Section.

QLD
07-30-2002, 11:32 AM
You know, that's a helluva idea. I asked him to join, but I didn't ask that.

I will do so now.

2-1B
07-31-2002, 03:41 AM
And while you're at it, ask SirSteve if he knows what the hell is up with T.J. Duckett!
Wow, I'm glad the Browns didn't draft him afterall! :crazed:

And as my parting shot to the Donger this evening:

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That almost made me weep......

I understand - you'll wait for the Falcons season to start before you actually weep ! :D :D :D

QLD
07-31-2002, 03:47 AM
I imagine Duckett will be in camp within the week. But I don't know WHAT his problem is.

I asked Sir Steve to run a news story on the league, and he said to remind him when he comes back from whatever convention he is going to.

So, if you are a Browns fan, doesn't that mean you are a Ravens fan? I mean, they are the same team. :D

Maybe they can keep them this time. Or maybe they will head to LA and be the LA Browns. :D

2-1B
07-31-2002, 04:05 AM
:D :D :D

It was pretty funny when the Ravens won the Super Bowl - well, it actually sucked, but what I mean is that - I walked around boasting about how the Browns won the Super Bowl ! :D :D :D

I do hate the Ravens, but I was actually GLAD that they beat the Giants because the "G-Men" :rolleyes: are probably the boringest team in the league. I dislike them immensely.

Did you watch HBO's Hard Knocks last year? WOW, Todd Heap's wife DOES look a bit like Britney Spears! :eek:

Tomorrow (well, tonight actually :rolleyes: ) season 2 begins, this time with the Cowboys. Can't wait to watch ! :happy:

rynobot
07-31-2002, 04:07 AM
Ray Lewis is a killer, literilly.

QLD
07-31-2002, 01:05 PM
Well, he didn't pull the trigger, so literally....I don't think he is.

And i always like telling the Ravens fans that they are just the Browns.... :D

Haven't seen Hard Knocks. Sounds interesting though.

Rogue II
07-31-2002, 01:23 PM
The people in Baltimore don't seem all that excited about the upcoming season since the Ravens released half of their team.

I don't know about Ray Lewis off the field, but on the field he is awesome. I've played fantasy football before where individual defensive players are used rather than team stats. I was lucky and got him a couple times.

2-1B
07-31-2002, 01:28 PM
Sounds fun Rouge2, I'd LOVE to play fantasy with individual def players! :)

IT's such a pain to pick one def team for fantasy, it's really a roll of the dice. Sure, there are obvious teams you don't want, but there are SO many things to consider, in many ways there's more to consider than offensive players.

Such is life. :D

I dunno about Ray Lewis, I am somewhat sympathetic to his case . . . his obstruction was inexcusable, but I really doubt that he had a voice in the murder. :cry: Just my feeling . . .
Rae Carruth, THAT guy is a murderer, literally. Hiding in the trunk of a car after your girl and baby are shot to death is just as bad as pulling the trigger.

Okay, don't want to turn this club into a real downer! :(

Rogue II
07-31-2002, 01:34 PM
QLD, as commissioner, has the option of choosing the rules for our league. He can choose to play either team defence or individual players. I think it was a DL, LB, DB and 1 util. Thats what we did last year.

rynobot
07-31-2002, 03:06 PM
I know Lewis didn't kill the man, but he didn't stop his
"friends" from killing the man.

QLD
07-31-2002, 07:43 PM
I can do that. I have played in a league with individual def players before, but I honestly prefer using teams. It provides a broader range of point possibilities, and also keeps you on your toes about team matchups, as well as invidual ones. But if everyone else prefers the other way, I guess we could do that.

Dark Knight
07-31-2002, 09:09 PM
If we are having a vote on the subject. I prefer to have team D rather than individuals.

Rogue II
07-31-2002, 10:12 PM
Team D is fine. The only reason I mentioned individual D players was to point out Ray Lewis' skill.

figrin bran
07-31-2002, 11:05 PM
i've played in leagues were individual defensive players were used - Urlacher was part of my league championship team last year and so i wouldn't mind if we did that. but if we just have Team D's, that's fine too.

QLD
08-01-2002, 11:22 PM
I think going team D is the best way to go. Since no one seems to mind! Man, I really figured we would get more teams.

2-1B
08-02-2002, 12:47 AM
RIP Korey Stringer #77, who died 1 year ago today. :cry:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard Knocks was awesome last night . . . but I'm sorry Cowboys fans, I think you're in for a looooooooooooong season! :D

Emmitt Smith is freaking awesome, I wish he played for a team I don't hate. :(

Dave Campo is a complete stooge, the Rick McCallum of football.
How about the Cowpokes having training camp in the air conditioned Alamodome this year? :rolleyes:
The heat is half the fun of August two-a-days ! ! ! :D

rynobot
08-02-2002, 01:19 AM
so you need more team, I'd join, but since you don't like me I guess you won't let me join:(

QLD
08-02-2002, 01:20 AM
when did I say I didn't like you?

rynobot
08-02-2002, 01:28 AM
it was just the "vibe" I got when I mentioned ESPN's superior fantasy football.

QLD
08-02-2002, 01:32 AM
No. If anything I don't like paying to play fantasy football. It has nothing to do to you. Just because I am smart enough not to pay to do something I can do for free, doesn't mean I don't like you. :D

If you want to play, PM me your email address, and I will send you the invite.

2-1B
08-02-2002, 01:40 AM
Join up rynobot ! We'd be glad to have you!

I'm sorry if I came off too strong in rebuking you for your preferences. ;) No harm intended, come on and play!

Besides, we can settle our differences on the fantasy field ! :D :D :D

Donger, are you gonna lock it out if ryno joins? Might as well, because if we get an 11th, it looks like we'll have a hell of a time getting a 12th! ;)

rynobot
08-02-2002, 01:40 AM
to tell you the truth it is worth $20 to play on ESPN, it is lots of fun, I feel insulted that you think you are smarter because you play for free.

QLD
08-02-2002, 01:44 AM
ryno, I never said I was smarter. Take a valium man. Just because I prefer something, doesn't mean i think you are stupid. I am a cheapskate, so I don't like to pay for it. If you have the money, then go for it. I have been playing Fantasy Football since the late 80's, and we had to dig up the newspaper every monday and tuesday, and hand calculate scores, and call in our lineups. Those were the days. I have never been able to stomach paying for it, and never will. But if you like it, that is what is important. I am not insulting you.

All that aside, if you want to join, we would like to have you. If not, then we'll move on I suppose.

rynobot
08-02-2002, 01:49 AM
ok that's all you had to say that you're a cheapskate. PM coming your way.

QLD
08-02-2002, 01:51 AM
Thanks ryno

Caesar,

I can lock it up. But I don't have to really. Only we know the passwords, and any strays can easily be removed by me. But it looks like we will be stuck with 10 teams. Only way I will take more people is if we get two at a time.

rynobot
08-02-2002, 01:53 AM
make sure you know who owns every team, because I once had a fantasy baseball league for Nightly.net and well one guy had like 6 teams and it was a disaster for everyone.

QLD
08-02-2002, 01:56 AM
yeah, I know who everyone is. And we will all have our SSG username in our team names. We will be doing a autopick draft, and soon I am going to use Yahoo's random draft feature to set the draft order.

So you all may want to start setting your picks now.

rynobot
08-02-2002, 01:58 AM
grrrr, you're goona make me look like an idiot, grrrrr

QLD
08-02-2002, 02:02 AM
Ummm....how is that?

rynobot
08-02-2002, 02:09 AM
cause the computer will pick the players, I have lost all control

2-1B
08-02-2002, 02:13 AM
HUH ? you have control in setting your priorities. The computer will always pick your highest rated available player . . . :confused:

QLD
08-02-2002, 02:13 AM
No, you can set the order that it will pick in.

I would like to do a live draft, however it would be impossible to find a time everyone could make it, and it would be unfair to those who couldn't.

But you can pick the exact order that it will pick in. You lose a little bit of control, but very little. Plus we are all in the same boat

2-1B
08-02-2002, 02:17 AM
yes, so we all look equally "stupid" :stupid:

It's not like CBS Sportsline, where you designate certain positions per round. That's stupid, because you can easily miss good players.

But with our league, if you rank them all top to bottom according to your preference, there's not THAT much of a difference from the live draft. Sure, it's not the same, but it's not all bad either. ;)

QLD
08-02-2002, 02:18 AM
Yeah, either way, I will destroy the Yes Men in week one! :D

figrin bran
08-02-2002, 02:28 AM
ah! set the rankings already? i better not spend so much time reading this forum then! ;)

rynobot
08-02-2002, 03:03 AM
A live draft its not unfair to those who can'y make it because if you preranked your players they will be selected in that order. And I am totally agaisnt have an auto pick draft. If I have 2 rbs and my next highest rated player is a Rb and my next is a WR then the computer will take the rb when I would have known that I need a wr. The computer just takes whos highest it doesn't care what position needs to be filled untill the end where it will fill the last draft spots with your needs, you end up being stacked at one position and a big hole in another.

The live draft is fair to all aslong as the people have their draft order filled, what is unfair is an auto draft and someone didn't set their draft order. So please give us a live draft. I don't care what time, set it for what ever time suits you, it will be fair to all aslong as people set their draft orders.

2-1B
08-02-2002, 04:04 AM
rynobot, I agree with many of those points, but think about what you're saying:

People who can't make the live draft go off of their prerankings.
Agreed. :)

Rather than having some people there and some people not, QLD is looking to level the playing field and use EVERYBODY's prerankings. Hence, when you say it will be "fair" to all because those not in attendance will have a preranking, how can you not see that it is fair for everybody to use that same system?

I disagree that a live draft is "fair" in this manner, because while those people in attendance will indeed get to level their rosters a bit more evenly, the people with prerankings will STILL end up "stacked" at certain areas.

Regardless, if you do find yourself loaded at a certain position, there are always trade opportunites. :)

rynobot
08-02-2002, 04:48 AM
grrr, people always finding holes in my posts, grrr. I still want a live draft, just set a time, any time. And of course not everyone will be able to make it, I haven't seen a live draft where everyone has shown up even when the person picked the exact time of his draft.

QLD
08-02-2002, 10:48 AM
I'm sorry, I just honestly believe that autodraft is the best way to go. I prefer live ones, but it is the best thing for the league itself. Also, I have had some of my best fantasy teams ever come from auto drafts. It is not that bad.

rynobot
08-02-2002, 02:39 PM
we'll see, we'll see.

figrin bran
08-03-2002, 02:55 AM
some of my best teams came from auto drafts as well so no complaints here. in fact i won both of my yahoo basketball auto draft leagues last season.

2-1B
08-03-2002, 03:30 AM
and this year you won't win with autodraft, so it's a wash, eh figrin bran? :p

rynobot
08-03-2002, 03:36 AM
Someone will win because of the autodraft. :rolleyes:

figrin bran
08-03-2002, 03:35 PM
well no matter how good a draft you have, you still have to have shrewd trading and waiver wire pickups ;)

hey look i am a jedi knight now!

QLD
08-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Figrin, you are absolutely correct. The draft order has been set. Check the website, and click on draft results to see it.

2-1B
08-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
Someone will win because of the autodraft. :rolleyes:

Since we're all using autodraft, yes that's correct! :D

Seriously though . . . NUMBER 3 PICK ! ! ! !
Whoo-Hoo !
Jango has number 1, eh? I'm sure he'll waste it on Wayne Chrebet, so that means I really get the second pick ! :D

God help us for bringing this up, but we could do an offline draft, and just post our picks here, but that would leave A LOT of work for the commish, so I'm fine with autodraft. :happy:

Rogue II
08-03-2002, 11:05 PM
Autodraft is fine. Recievers and Running Backs can be a gamble anyway. All it takes is 1 ACL or leg injury, then you never know who will be "THE MAN." Look at the Bronco's running back situation for the past few years....Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, and Odalis Gary are all decent RBs, but injuries keep you guessing to not only who will start, but who will have the good year.

2-1B
08-04-2002, 01:52 AM
Huh.
I totally planned on watching the beginning of the Niners / Foreskins preseason game when I got home from work, but completely forgot.

QLD
08-04-2002, 03:04 AM
I have season tickets, so I get to watch the Falcons/Jaguars next Friday. Oh yeah. :D

rynobot
08-04-2002, 11:06 PM
My ESPN draft is 8pm tomorrow, I am in the winners league, I just hope I don't imbarues myself. My team was

QB: Warner
RB: Ahman Green
RB/WR: Plaxicos Burress/Jerome Bettis
WR:Marvin Harrison
WR: Torry Holt
TE: Bubba Franks
K: Varied from week to week
Defense: Green Bay

I made some big trades, I traded for Bettis, and Holt, and Harrison. I just traded my whole bench for them guys. I completley crushed people in the Playoff weeks with this lineup, Bettis didn't play, but I had picked up Plaxico and he had good games at the end of the year, plus I go the free T-Shirt.:)

2-1B
08-05-2002, 12:53 AM
Awesome squad ryno, good luck! :) Pretty solid, plus I think GB will do fine on defense . . . if their Receiver corps allows them some extra room.

Bubba Franks drove a stake thru my heart last December against Cleveland, catching a TD RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. :cry:

He also caught a "second" one, but I clearly saw and the Replay confirmed that he was out of bounds. Butch didn't challenge . . . oh well, not like the Browns had a chance in that game! :D :D :D

QLD
08-05-2002, 01:11 AM
Bubba was on my fantasy team last year. He was awesome! Heh.

But I will be avoiding Bettis like the plague this year....oops, look at me, giving away strategy! :D

2-1B
08-05-2002, 01:19 AM
Here - I'll give you one of my strategic points - I banned Stephen Davis from my draft list. :)

Where's Jangy96? Hope he's not offended by my Chrebet comment. :D

JetsAndHeels
08-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Nope, not offended at all. Just been at work all day and haven't had a chance to log on until now.
As much as I like Wayne Chrebet, I surely will not use my #1 pick on him. I would definately take him later down the line if he was available though.
I am looking forward to the start of the season. It is going to be alot of fun.

rynobot
08-05-2002, 07:23 PM
hey the roster I listed was from last year, I won the championship dispite using my 3rd and 4th picks on Eric Moulds and Derrick Alexender. Excatly my ESPN draft is tomorrow night at 8pm. I think I have the first pick in that draft. On last years team I had the third pick, and I took Warner. But if the draft board is true and I do have the first pick at ESPN, then I am definitly talking Marshall Faulk. I already have a draft plan in my head of what I will do with each pick. Aslong as there are no suprises, which I don't see how that can hurt me, the only thing that will take me out of championship contention is going to be injuries. Injuries hurt, but they are part of the game. Last year I had McNair as my back up QB. When Warner was hurt(I think he was hurt) McNair had great games, and after Warner was healthy I traded McNair in a package deal to land Harrison. I remember early in that season my WRs were the worst in the league, because I had Alexander and Moulds, well the week that Terry Glenn and Germaine Crowell (I know it was Lions WR that got hurt) lgave me 18 and 17 points to give me a winning edge. The only thing I hate about Yahoo Football, is that you can drop any player, and that trades are not looked at by a league review board.

Rogue II
08-05-2002, 07:37 PM
When there is a pending trade in Yahoo, the other people in the league do have the right to protest it.

rynobot
08-05-2002, 11:13 PM
just like ESPN, but if the trade is protested by more than one person ESPN reviews the trade and makes sure it is fair. ESPN also lets you know that staus of your trade, if it was rejected by the other league members or by ESPN. It doesn't give you the names of who rejected but its nice to know what party rejected it.

figrin bran
08-05-2002, 11:46 PM
well i am banning fred taylor on my draft list. ;)

rynobot
08-06-2002, 01:53 AM
why he's been healthy. ;)

2-1B
08-06-2002, 02:11 AM
should we have this moved t the collector's clubs area? Just a thought, not that it really matters. We're kinda a club, sure we aren't swappin' or anything but since we aren't taking new members there's no reason to clog gen disc over it.

I dunno, I guess I just want to be part of a club. :D

I'll look into it . . .

figrin bran
08-06-2002, 02:49 AM
haha! rynobot! well i had taylor last year and he gave me only 2 games. not very good performances at that.

QLD
08-06-2002, 03:03 AM
Fraud Taylor has been screwing people for 4 years now. But you should definately draft him :D

Rogue II
08-06-2002, 07:40 AM
When the Bills traded their 1st round pick to Jacksonville for Rob Johnson, Fred Taylor was the player the Jaguars got with the the pick.

As a Bills fan, I would still have rather had Fred Taylor than Rob Johnson. I am so glad they got rid of Johnson. Of course, he will probably have a great year this season, just like Antwan Smith did last year.

2-1B
08-06-2002, 09:47 AM
Ouch! I'm very grateful that the player for the Texans (sorry, forgot his name, way too tired) with the bruised spinal cord at least had some positive test results. :( I sincerely hope that's the last time we'll see that this season.

Commish, are we still shooting for a draft ready status of August 20th? :)

rynobot
08-06-2002, 12:49 PM
hey, thats like only 2 weeks dude.

Rogue II
08-06-2002, 01:17 PM
I just looked at the calender. That will give us a little over 2 weeks before the start of the season tweek our starters. Most teams will also have played 2 preseason games prior to the draft.

QLD
08-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Exactly. We are still a go for the 20th.

Everybody Wang Chung!

Rogue II
08-06-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry, you are going to have to take that "Wang Chung" and put it in that 80s music thread.:D

Are you ready for some football?

QLD
08-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Not as ready as I would LIKE to be, but I can't wait for it to start!

figrin bran
08-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Fraud Taylor has been screwing people for 4 years now. But you should definately draft him :D

yes, once i get him and terrell davis the team will be set. you will be no match for them ;)

JetsAndHeels
08-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Jets play the Steelers on Thursday night.
Lets go Jets!!

QLD
08-06-2002, 10:19 PM
I'll be at the Falcons/Jaguars game this Friday. Let's go Falcons!

2-1B
08-07-2002, 01:41 AM
I'm in a league with 11 other friends, live draft is on Sunday morning. I get the 11th out of 12 picks. :( Oh well, at least I get 14 too! :D

rynobot
08-07-2002, 01:50 AM
I ended up with the 5th pick in my ESPN draft, oh well I still like my roster here it is.

QB: Farve
RB: James
RB: Tomlinson
WR: Tim Brown
WR: Burress
TE: Pollard
K:Martin Gramatica
D: New England

Bench
RB: Bettis
WR: Rice
WR: Ward
QB: Brad Johnson
QB: Brunell
RB: James Allen
K: Vinatieri
D: Broncos

QLD
08-07-2002, 02:19 AM
Not too bad a team.

In one of my leagues with friends, ( I do two). I have the 12th pick of 12. Great. The other I won't know until draft day.

I wonder if anyone is going to sign Jamal Anderson. It looks like his career may be over. At least I won't have to look at his mom in the stands anymore.

rynobot
08-07-2002, 04:47 AM
talk about a one year wonder, that's how it is with RBs though.

QLD
08-07-2002, 12:31 PM
He had 4 1000 yard seasons, which sadly, still makes him one of the best Falcons RB's ever. But I think cutting him loose was the right thing to do. He went into extreme pout mode when they signed Dunn.

Rogue II
08-07-2002, 01:01 PM
I can't believe how much the Falcons are paying Dunn.

I'm glad there is a salary cap in football. I wish Hockey and Baseball could be as equally competitive as the NFL.

I think this is the most excited I have ever been about the start of the NFL season. I have been out of the country for 2 out of the past 3 seasons. The Bills finally have a decent looking team with a spiffy new QB and new uniforms. Rob Johnson isn't even in the AFC any more. And finally, after this season, the Bills will have cleared out the rest of their dead cap space and potentially can be even better next year.

QLD
08-07-2002, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I thought they gave Dunn a little too much cash. But they got caught up in a bidding war over him. Heck, I was just excited to see them actually trying to sign free agents.

And the bills look like they are on the right track to get back to where they were eventually.

Rogue II
08-09-2002, 08:07 AM
Well, I was a little bored the other day, so I joined a 2nd Yahoo Fantasy league. It was auto-drafted last night. I had the 10th pick out of 10 teams. Here's what I got.

QB:P. Manning, B. Griese
RB: E. James, S. Alexander, M. Pittman
WR: Tim Brown, Tony Brown, A. Toomer, Jacquez Green
TE: J Riemersma, S. Shapre
K: M. Vanderjagt, M. Gramatica
Def: Miami, St. Louis

There are still a few starting QBs and RBs available.
I'm not sure about Griese and Pittman. Flutie, Plummer, Fiedler, Redman, Q. Carter, Kitna, and Blake ara all still there. Ron Dayne and Travis Henry are avaiable. Wayne Chrebet didn't get drafted.

Jon
08-09-2002, 05:31 PM
Well, I don't know if you guys have closed this down or not, but if you have room I would love to get in on this...

rynobot
08-09-2002, 05:38 PM
find a friend any maybe you can.

QLD
08-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Yes Jon, if you can find another forum member who wants to join, we will be happy to have you.

I went to the Falcons game last night. I can't believe a Falcons pre-season game was sold out. WOW! And they won too. :D

Vick looked pretty good, and certainly much more confident. ANd T.J. Duckett looked awesome yesterday.

I did a public Yahoo league yesterday. I ended up with a pretty good team.

Brian Griese
Michael Vick
Ricky Williams
Anthony Thomas
William Green
Thomas Jones
Randy Moss
Ed McCaffrey
Eric Moulds
Plaxico Burress
Kevin Johnson
Byron Chamberlain
Ryan Longwell
Miami
Dallas

rynobot
08-10-2002, 02:18 PM
I feel Vick is underated going into this year.

QLD
08-10-2002, 02:20 PM
SO do I. Especially these days, where there are fewer and fewer QB's out there. I didn't feel so bad taking him either after I landed Griese.

figrin bran
08-10-2002, 11:43 PM
i landed the 5th pick in another yahoo league with some friends and i'm actually quite happy with that.

2-1B
08-11-2002, 12:08 AM
GAHHHHHHHH My draft starts in 12 hours and I'm SO not ready.

I'm thinking about taking several sleepers, why not roll the dice a bit?

Wish me luck, I have pick 11 out of 12 but I also get the 14th so I need to make an impact IN A HURRY. By round 3 all of the top guys will be gone, then it's sleeper time baby ! :D

figrin bran
08-11-2002, 09:58 PM
newsflash! "Terrell Davis has MRI exam on swollen left knee"

QLD
08-11-2002, 10:10 PM
Oh my God, Terrell Davis is hurt? I can't believe it!

figrin bran
08-12-2002, 02:39 AM
Oh my God, Terrell Davis is hurt? I can't believe it!

there goes all your draft plans eh QLD? ;)

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2002, 10:00 AM
So when does our draft start again? I am sorry I have been pretty busy with work and other things, so I have lost track of it.
I am really looking forward to it.

QLD
08-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Jango, on Aug 20th, I am going to set our draft status to ready. Which means as soon as Yahoo gets around to it, they will do our draft for us. That usually takes a day or two. I highly recommend you have all your rankings set before then.

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2002, 02:29 PM
Thanks alot, QLD. Just wanted to double check on that.

2-1B
08-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Well, we did our live draft yesterday and here's the team I yielded:

QB Vick, Michael
WR Moss, Randy
WR Brown, Tim
WR Jackson, Willie
RB Alexander, Shaun
RB Staley, Duce
TE Wycheck, Frank
K Vanderjagt, Mike
DEF Cleveland

Bennett, Michael RB
Warrick, Peter WR
Carter, Quincy QB
Ismail, Raghib WR
Henry, Travis RB
Washington DEF

Now, I have a question for you - I'm hoping Vick has a big year, but what if I start Quincy Carter in week 1? The Cowpokes play Houston, whereas the Falcons play at GB . . . and I fear the Packers will shut Vick down. Just a thought I'm toying with, I need to see how the rest of the preseason shakes down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Jangers, good to see ya! Hope work is going well, looking forward to the season ! :)

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Caesar,
Sounds like you have a pretty solid team there. Best of luck to you.
Work is going well. I am off today, so I have had time to catch up on my sleep and relax before going back tomorrow.

QLD
08-12-2002, 03:39 PM
Wow Caesar, 2 Atlanta players. I must have converted you!

I think Vick will do well this year, but against Green Bay, it's a risk. Since I played against Quincy Carter in high school, and watched him play for UGA while a student there, I think he is extremely overrated. But he MAY be a safer play against Houston, however, I think Vick has the greater chance of getting a lot of points. Vick will either do really well, or really bad probably. I think Carter will do about 150 yards, and maybe a touchdown. They are going to be running Emmitt a ton this year, so he can smash Payton's record.

Just a little food for thought. :D

2-1B
08-12-2002, 03:41 PM
Thanks buddy, I hope it's solid - Moss and Vick can go either way, and Shaun Alexander? Well, I hope he can mirror a few of last year's games! :D

I had to take my Browns because they were the best Defense available . . . but Jamir Miller is out for the season and I was very hesitant about taking them. :cry:

I wanted Couch as my backup, but he was gone a few picks before I took Quincy. :)

------------------------------

edit: hey there QLD, I see you snuck one in on me. ;)

Thanks for the advice, I will take it into consideration. Willie Jackson - hell, I figured that if I'm gonna rely on Vick I may as well take one of his targets! :D

QLD
08-12-2002, 03:44 PM
I snagged Griese in my live draft, and got Vick to back him up. I am proud of my team assembled for the public league I did.

I don't believe ALexander can repeat what he did lsat year. I do not believe he is a first round pick. Call it a feeling, I have been burned too many times in the last 10 years by one year wonders.
He may do well, but not first round pick well.

Rogue II
08-12-2002, 04:12 PM
I have Griese as a backup in my other Yahoo team. For some reason I have a bad feeling about him.

Do I keep him or pick up one of the following:
Weinke (Car)
Flutie(SD)
Plummer(Ari)
Fiedler(Mia)
Redman/Blake(Bal)
Quincy Carter(Dal
Kerry Collins(NYG)
Mike McMahnon(Det)
Jim Miller/C.Chandler(Chi)
Shane Matthews(Was)

The only way I am going to play this guy is if Peyton Manning is on a bye week or injured.

QLD
08-12-2002, 04:32 PM
I say kep Griese over those other stiffs. I think Plummer MIGHT have a decent year. And once Chandler starts for Chicago he may be reliable. Rumors have Griese battling Buerlein for the starters job, but I think Griese has a firmer hold on it than they let on. I think they are just trying to motivate him. But if they do give it to Buerlein, you may want to consider him.

Rogue II
08-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Thanks, I was reading somewhere that Denver's starting QB is good bet because of the system. I suppose my other are more of a gamble than Griese.

Update: There is this guy in my league that ended up with Kordell Stewart and M. Vick as QB. He just posted a message that he will trade Vick for anybody.

2-1B
08-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Get Vick!

Stay away from Fiedler, he's coming off hip surgery.
Mike McMahon is a risk because if things go badly, Harrington might start later in the season . . .

Rogue II
08-12-2002, 05:30 PM
I wonder if he would take Griese for Vick. I'm glad I have Manning as a starter so I can play around like this. Maybe I can get him to take Pittman also.

figrin bran
08-14-2002, 01:42 AM
i think shaun alexander will do very well, enough to justify a first round selection. the guy seems to have a knack for finding holes. the only problem might be teams putting eight men in the box while dilfer is out.

figrin bran
08-18-2002, 08:53 PM
QLD, any word on when you might want to start the draft?

JetsAndHeels
08-18-2002, 09:04 PM
I went to the Panthers/Cowboys game last night. They said it was a sellout, and I sure do believe it. That place was packed!!
Anyways, I was very impressed at how much the Panthers have improved since last year, on both defense and offense. Although they lost 19-16, it was a great game and an even contest.
Julius Peppers, the man outta UNC got a sack and two tackles. He is going to be a franchise player for Carolina.

2-1B
08-18-2002, 09:09 PM
figrin bran, QLD is gonna set the draft to "ready status" on Tuesday August 20th. :)

Glad you had a fun time Jangy !
Carolina might surprise a few teams this year. I think Fox has a long way to go with them, but I think they have some playmakers.
I really really really really really want to go to the Browns Monday night game on the 26th in Green Bay, but I can't find REASONABLY priced tix. eBay has them, but they're way too high.
I might have to try a local broker scalper . . . regardless I think tix will still be so high since it's the first game in the "new" yet unfinished Lambeau Field. Wish me luck ! ! !

figrin bran
08-18-2002, 09:25 PM
thanks for the draft date info caesar...now for some last minute tinkering with the rankings. i would like to see deshaun foster do well, btw, since there is the school tie between us :)

2-1B
08-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I am SO not ready for our draft. :eek:
I have my top 25 set, but still have many questions regarding the later rounds. 2 days to go, I better hurry!

We had another live draft yesterday, here is my squad (somehow the roster size got switched to 13 instead of 15, but it's fixed now
so we all have waiver requests in for our last 2 spots)

QB Warner, Kurt
WR Johnson, Keyshawn
WR Alexander, Derrick
WR Galloway, Joey
RB James, Edgerrin
RB George, Eddie
TE Riemersma, Jay
K Peterson, Todd
DEF Miami

Bench Dunn, Warrick
Bench McCardell, Keenan
Bench Flutie, Doug
Bench Rivers, Marcellus

WOW am I a jackass for taking Flutie as my backup! I did not realize until later on that San Diego and St. Louis have the same bye week. :rolleyes:
So I cut him in favor of Jake Plummer, hopefully my request will go through !

QLD
08-18-2002, 10:19 PM
I had my draft in the league I have been doing with friends for 1o years today. Always lots of trash talking. I love it! And I love my team!

Here is my roster:

QB - Kurt Warner
QB - Brad Johnson
RB - Eddie George
RB - Deuce McAllister
RB - Warrick Dunn
RB - James Stewart
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Kevin Johnson
WR - Marty Booker
TE - Jeremy Shockey
TE - Alge Crumpler
K - David Akers
K - Todd Peterson
D - Washington
D - New England

2-1B
08-18-2002, 10:23 PM
I've been meaning to ask for your eval of Alge Crumpler ! (bonus points for having the coolest TE name :cool: )

What gives with Willie Jackson? No one drafted him in my league yesterday . . . I just put in for him on waivers. I like the 4 receivers I have (we play 3 per week) BUT since Keyshawn and McCardell are on the same team, that leaves one open spot when the Bux have their bye week. Boy, I hope I get Willie, I'll be loaded! :D

I hope Eddie George has a great year !

figrin bran
08-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Caesar, i guarantee you that willie jackson will not go undrafted in our league! ;) i had him last year so i know how valuable his contributions can be.

Darth Shifty
08-19-2002, 05:30 PM
Hey guys,

Can someone PM me the name and password for our league? I left my info at home and I'm trying to set up my auto-draft.

Thanks!

JetsAndHeels
08-19-2002, 05:48 PM
I need it sent to me as well. If someone could help us both out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck on getting your tickets, Caesar. I hope you will be able to go.

QLD
08-20-2002, 01:21 AM
Darth Shifty, I am emailing you the information for the league. However, you should just be able to log into yahoo, go to sports, fantasy sports, and it will link you to all leagues you are signed up for.

QLD
08-20-2002, 01:24 AM
OK everyone.

The league draft status has been set to ready. The draft will take place any time between now and Thursday at midnight. So if you haven't set your draft order on the site, I suggest you do it NOW!

The computer will make selections for everyone based on their draft rankings.

Good luck everyone, and let me know if you have any questions!

2-1B
08-20-2002, 03:29 AM
I hate kickers. :mad:
Why do we have to draft them? Couldn't we just pull them out of a hat or something?
In setting my rankings, I kept bumping kickers down, because I don't care who I get (well, NOT Kris Brown from the Texans, that's all I care! :D ).

Does it draft to fill starters first? Frankly, I prefer to draft ALL of my reserves before picking a Kicker, unless there's a huge run on them. I wish there was a way to designate which positions should be drafted less. Kinda like with Tight End. ;)

Yeah, uh you fellers shouldn't need the league ID or password, just sign in and it should be there . . . anyway good luck to everyone!

Darth Shifty ! ! ! I forgot you were in here, I read your gentlemanly invitation to a battle on the chessboard, I'll get back to you on that soon ! (I hope :D )

One more quick thought as I finished preparing my draft list - I really hammered away on my Exclude list. Of course, the obvious ones like the retired Terrell Davis and a few big injuries . . . but as I looked through that list, I noticed several players who I flat out refuse to use, so I went heavy on the cuts.
My point in telling you this is that I really had a hard time ranking so many good players, I figured it would be easier to just cut the deadwood and leave the specifics to the glory of Autodraft! :happy:

rynobot
08-20-2002, 04:37 AM
I'm gonna tear this league a new Jar Jar Binks. :)

Rogue II
08-20-2002, 09:06 AM
That's funny, I planned on tearing this league a new rynobot;). I was going to hold off on talkin' smack until the teams were drafted....so much for that plan.:D

I spent some time last week on my draft list. I combined the ESPN and Sporting News rankings.

I almost feel bad for one guy in my other league. He just dropped Terrell Davis and picked up D. Rhodes.:rolleyes:

figrin bran
08-20-2002, 12:04 PM
i hear you about the kickers, Caesar. i just hope that i don't end up with two of them despite my bumping them to the bottom of the rankings. so where did we all rank Ryan Leaf? ;)

Darth Shifty
08-20-2002, 12:13 PM
Rogue II and QLD: Thanks for sending me the info, even though I didn't need it. For some reason, I thought you had to give the password everytime you logged on. Oh and thanks for the tip RogueII, I forgot all about sportingnews.com. I wouldn't worry too much about week 1, I've never done an auto-draft and I'm kinda worried that I royally screwed up my rankings. We'll find out soon though, won't we? :D

2-1B
08-20-2002, 02:05 PM
Jangy -

I got my BROWNS tickets for Monday night !
:happy: :happy: :happy:

Rogue II
08-20-2002, 02:22 PM
I see our league's draft status has changed to READY. I take it that the draft will occur overnight.

JetsAndHeels
08-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Jangy -

I got my BROWNS tickets for Monday night !
:happy: :happy: :happy:
Sweet Caesar!! I hope you have a great time!!
Be sure to hold up a sign that says "Hi Jangy!!"
Just kidding!!
Hope you have a great time.

QLD
08-21-2002, 12:49 AM
Attention!

The draft has occurred!

Please check your rosters!

I know I am happy with my team!

If you have any questions, let me know.

I am also entertaining realistic trade offers now. ;)

figrin bran
08-21-2002, 01:04 AM
i too am entertaining realistic offers for any of my WR's...preferably for an RB.

QLD
08-21-2002, 01:06 AM
You're the one with Moss and Ownes right? I would LOVE one of those guys. ;)

rynobot
08-21-2002, 01:54 AM
I need a backup WR, not a big name guy. I'm willing to trade Jamal Lewis or Vick for the right WR or in a package deal. (Williams and Holmes are untradeable) :)

figrin bran
08-21-2002, 02:02 AM
one of you guys must want to trade for moss, right? :)

2-1B
08-21-2002, 02:14 AM
Did I or did I not specifically say that I didn't care who my kicker is EXCEPT for Kris Brown ??????????????? :confused:

So who do I get? KRIS BROWN ! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
I swear I put that guy on my exclude list ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Other than that, I like my team a lot ! :happy:

--------------------------------------------

Jango - thanks buddy ! :)

Hehehehe, I won't need a sign, because I'm sure they'll focus on me, one of the few Cleveland fans there - I'm going with a friend (Packers fan :rolleyes: ) so I'm sure I'll be yelling at him on MANY occasions. ABC should pick that right up ! :D :D :D

I'm trying hard to get tix for the Carolina game next month, so far it's been tough but I have one potential lead . . . wish me luck there too, it worked last time! :happy:

QLD
08-21-2002, 02:59 AM
I want Moss. I want Owens. I want them all. ;)

2-1B
08-21-2002, 03:08 AM
Do you want Rocket from me? :cry:

QLD, how in hell is Willie Jackson not even starting this season? :eek:

QLD
08-21-2002, 03:14 AM
I haven't heard anything about him not starting this year. As far as I know it will be him and Finneran starting at wideout. Unless you are referring on my team, and if that is the case, I have a studly team, and it's difficult to make the starting roster. ;)

rynobot
08-21-2002, 03:21 AM
I still believe that my lineup is the numerio uno.:)

2-1B
08-21-2002, 03:21 AM
Nope, Shawn Jefferson is currently ahead of him - according to the fine folks at Yahoo sports! :D
Sure, he'll play alot in 3 receiver formations . . . why not bring Tim Dwight back from San Diego? :sur:

Curious ryno, since you were growling all over the place about how Autodraft sux ! :D :D :D

QLD
08-21-2002, 03:22 AM
Well, yahoo is retarded. That I know for sure. I believe he startd at the Jaguars game. Maybe they are making him "earn" it. He will be the starter. I guarantee.

rynobot
08-21-2002, 03:24 AM
Who, What about the Auto thingie mejig.:)

QLD
08-21-2002, 03:25 AM
Well, the Falcons website says that too. Hmm...I didn't know. I imagine by the start of the season, he will overtake Jefferson. Jefferson is decent, but too old and slow to start.

rynobot
08-21-2002, 03:29 AM
Oh, by the way JangoFett96, you're going down in the loss column week one. :)

2-1B
08-21-2002, 03:33 AM
I say this with NO disrespect to the others in the league, but I'm kinda disappointed in the schedule. :(
In week 1 I play QLD, and in week 2 Jango96.
Those are the two guys whose balls I've been breakin' the longest here on SSG, so it's almost anti-climactic . . . I'd like a few weeks during the season to run some lip at them.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to settle for reminding them ALL SEASON of my 2 consecutive victories over them - mwahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ! :happy: :happy: :happy:

:cool:

rynobot
08-21-2002, 03:38 AM
I think you'll play them again.

Ediy: Ceaser you play QLD week 10 and Jango Fett 96 in week 6.:evil:

jjreason
08-21-2002, 03:41 AM
This is killer. Ive never done a league like this before, but I likes me lineup. Good luck everyone, except when you're playing me of course! BEARS D!!!!!!!!

2-1B
08-21-2002, 04:07 AM
I think you'll play them again.

Ediy: Ceaser you play QLD week 10 and Jango Fett 96 in week 6.:evil:

Hey, you're right! :)

Ahhhh, I get it - I WAS scheduled to play Jangers in week 2 but that was when we had only 9 teams.
I see that I instead play you, my rhinoceral friend, in week 2. ;)

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 08:28 AM
I think I'm content with my team, but I will consider trade offers.

IT HAS BEGUN!!!

Darth Shifty
08-21-2002, 10:58 AM
Brian $#!@ing Griese?!?!? How the hell did I get Brian Griese as my starting QB?? He was at the very bottom of my list. I just put him on there for a possible backup. Did everyone pick a QB for their first pick? Was I last in the draft or something? Is there a recap of the draft order on Yahoo anywhere?
Strangely enough, I'll be considering any and all trade offers for a decent QB.

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 11:09 AM
If you go to the LEAGUE OVERVIEW page, look in the left hand column. Under League Info, you will see Draft Results.

There are still other starting QBs in avaiable.

I have Brian Griese as a backup on my other team, but I'm trying to trade him. Unfortunately, the guy isn't responding.

QLD
08-21-2002, 11:43 AM
Darth Shify, there is a draft results link on the left side of the page. That will let you look at the draft order.

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 11:58 AM
I was looking at the results. Darth Shifty and Rynobotdidn't pick a QB until the 6th round. Everyone else had one by the 3rd round. He did manage to score Jason Elam with his 4th pick. :D

There is hope for him, he could make a trade or he could take a gamble with:
Quincy Carter
Drew Brees
Whoever ends up being the Redskins QB
Tom Brady
Mark Brunell
Chris Wienke

Darth Shifty
08-21-2002, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I completely screwed up my rankings for the auto draft. I don't think I selected enough players or something. I'm gonna have to do some thinking to see if I can make a decent team out of the mess I created for myself.

LOL Rogue II - you just watch, Jason Elam's going to kick 12 field goals in week 1! :D

2-1B
08-21-2002, 01:12 PM
I noticed Jango96 absolutely stole Favre in round 3 ! :D

Sorry about Griese, I reallllllly was hoping I wouldn't get him. I had to rank him ahead of several other players, but I just didn't want him. ;)

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty

LOL Rogue II - you just watch, Jason Elam's going to kick 12 field goals in week 1! :D

Maybe you will get lucky and the Broncos will run some trick plays. Jason Elam throws a 20 yard TD Pass to Griese. Elam runs 40 yards for a TD on a fake field goal. Hey, it could happen.

I am suprised Drew Bledsoe and Vick made it all the way to the 10th and 11th round.

I'm happy with Gannon as my starter, and Kordell Stewart is an ok back-up. I hope Stewart does good because I have 2 Pittsburgh recievers.

jjreason
08-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Are the league rules posted on the site? Ive been poking around and there's lots I don't understand (I can hear the snickers, you ba$tards....). Do our bench players stats count? Can we scratch a starter in favor of someone on the bench? Ill be on yahoo checking it out to see, but if someone wants to give out some info about how this works, general stuff, that would be great. Thanks.

rynobot
08-21-2002, 05:26 PM
I placed all the Defenses and Kickers at the bottom of my list, I had ranked 150 players to my liking.

jjreason
08-21-2002, 05:53 PM
That's what I call stick-to-itiveness. I started ranking players and gave up after about 25. The Yahoo rankings seemed reasonable and I only tweaked them minorly. All the teams look pretty good. Surprising no transactions have been made.

QLD
08-21-2002, 06:05 PM
The only pounts you get are the ones for your starters. And you cannot change your lineups after noon EST on SUnday I believe. There are links on the left side of the page that setail the rules and scoring system.

I ranked about 200 players. Most kickers, TE, and Def. were at the bottom, except for the few that I really wanted. WHich wasn't many. I have never been a fan of Yahoo's rankings for any sport.

Darth Shifty
08-21-2002, 06:19 PM
Ugh, well that's where I screwed up. I only ranked about 50 players total. Whooops...

rynobot
08-21-2002, 06:53 PM
you can change lineups up untill a game starts. If there is a Tursday game you have to have your player in the lineup before the game starts Thursday. Once the game starts you can not change your lineup.

JetsAndHeels
08-21-2002, 09:25 PM
Oh, by the way JangoFett96, you're going down in the loss column week one. :)
In the words of The Rock-"Just Bring It!!"

figrin bran
08-21-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
That's what I call stick-to-itiveness. I started ranking players and gave up after about 25. The Yahoo rankings seemed reasonable and I only tweaked them minorly. All the teams look pretty good. Surprising no transactions have been made.

no transactions have been made because there is a 2 day, actually only 1 day period now, before all undrafted players are eligible to be claimed off waivers. if two or more of us try to claim the same player, the waiver wire priority (the reverse of the order of the first round) will determine who gets that player. hope that helps!

i ranked about 180 players and will definitely be redoing those rankings for my next yahoo draft. just watch Moss and Owens combine for 6 TD's Week 1! ;)

2-1B
08-22-2002, 04:33 AM
jjreason, don't forget that the NFL only uses 100 yard fields! :D

There's tons of great scoring info, I like how detailed it gets - not only do you lose points for a missed field goal, but the easier it is, the more you lose.
Lots of little loopholes, plenty of scoring opportunities !

jjreason, when setting your lineup be sure to pay attention to the teams that have a bye - be sure to sub in players for any of your starters that have off that week.

Also, it says the name of their next opponent bye their name - it should say if there's a bye, or maybe it will just be blank?
I'm not sure, I've never played Yahoo Football before . . . so pay close attention to bye weeks. :)

Rogue II
08-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

Also, it says the name of their next opponent bye their name - it should say if there's a bye, or maybe it will just be blank?
I'm not sure, I've never played Yahoo Football before . . . so pay close attention to bye weeks. :)

I believe that there will be a "-" mark in the Opp column when the player has a bye week. That is how Yahoo Baseball works, and (to the best of my recollection from last season) Football.

Caesar is right, pay attention to your players bye weeks. Last year I lost a couple games because I didn't change out my players on weeks they were on byes or injured.

I believe that there is an Injured Reserve list, but I'm not positive. This lets you put ONE player on the IR and you can pick up another player to from the player pool.

rynobot
08-22-2002, 04:31 PM
Who got stuck with Terrell Davis?

QLD
08-22-2002, 04:32 PM
I am pretty sure no one drafted him.

jjreason
08-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the info, Caesar and RII. Appreciated. About the hunred yard fields: now maybe I understand why there's no "Rouge" category under scoring and why I couldn't rank Tony Calvillo, Danny McManus and Lawrence Phillips (yes, he too has fallen from grace and donned a CFL jersey - he's still a head case even up here in frosty Canada) in my top 25. I wish you guys had cleared this up before....:D:

I keep looking at the site. Im a little concerned with my backup RB. Wheatley's on the wire and Im a huge Michigan fan, so if anybody else wants him scoop soon. GO RIPPERS!! KILL DARK KNIGHTS!!!!!

Dark Knight
08-22-2002, 11:00 PM
The Dark Knight will surround and destroy you.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

jjreason
08-22-2002, 11:34 PM
Baaaaah. Only time will tell, DK.

Ill be the BANE of your existence....

My friends think Im TWOFACEd.....

No, Im not JOKERing.

Good luck, caped crusader, you'll need it.

rynobot
08-23-2002, 03:41 AM
QLD you have a trade on the table.

QLD
08-23-2002, 09:26 AM
No thanks. I don't trust Steve McNair after he burned me a few years ago. And I think Culpepper and The Edge are going to have great years!