PDA

View Full Version : The X-Files, philes

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 02:00 AM
I think the x-files was awesome until it came to the season Duchovny was abducted. The movie was good. I'd like to see them make more movies, but only if they have Duchovny playing Mulder.

wedgeA
07-18-2002, 03:13 AM
I guess that I am in the minority here, but I thought that season seven, Duchovny's last full season, was overall terrible, with way too many episodes which were based in parody and satire. Also, Duchovny really started to phone in his performances.

I thought season eight was one of the shows best seasons. The intro of Agent Doggett gave new life to the show, and the interaction between Doggett and M&S was great. Also, I liked the fact that they took the mythology in a new direction and actually provided some answers. The two part season finale with Scully giving birth ranks among my favorrite episodes ever.

I liked season nine, the show's last, better than season seven, but it has its share of problems. I think that the major issue was that Scully stuck around and Mulder's presence remained in the show even though he was nowhere in sight. I felt that M&S should have made a graceful exit at the end of season eight and allow Doggett and Reyes to carry the show. I thought that they were great characters and should have been allowed to mature in the spotlight. I was pleased with the finale though, it was dark and I thought some if the loose ends gave some impact to it.

Jonna
07-18-2002, 09:37 AM
Ya! Now I love the show, but it really went down hill the past few years. David was da bomb! Hahahaha! Look at me being all fake hip!

billfremore
07-18-2002, 09:39 AM
As far as I'm concerned, seasons 8 & 9 were all a bad dream

Jonna
07-18-2002, 09:41 AM
Should I make that Wayne's World intro to a dream sequence sound?

Dududududu! Dududududu! Dududududu! Dududududu!

DarthBrandon
07-18-2002, 10:15 AM
I used to watch X-Files every week up until seasons 8 and 9 which I thought were a terrible disappointment. I found I liked agent Doggett better than Mulder in the end episodes.

billfremore
07-18-2002, 10:19 AM
Dogget was terrible IMO.
I like Robert Patrick but Dogget was not a real interesting character.
Mulder had some substance to him, he was at least funny.

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 10:22 PM
I think that the Dogget and Reyes's characters did make a good addition to the X-Files but I prefer Krychek and CSM.

Master Goeweins
07-18-2002, 10:40 PM
I think that X-files went down hill fast. Fans that had followed the show for years deserved more than what we got as a series finale. What did it answer? Nothing we didn't already know. It was like one long highlight reel. All we got was some arbitrary date that the aliens would come back. Big woop, since most of us won't be there to watch it.

I actually like Doggett, but it was like the writing just shifted to autopilot, and any originality or thought was jettisoned.

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 10:12 AM
I think that the show creators left us with just a date for the aliens return, so that if they wanted to come back to make another tv series or more movies they could.

billfremore
07-19-2002, 10:15 AM
Oh there will be movies, Chris Carter has said so.
He said they will be stand alone movies and not like the last one that was deeply entrenched in the show's mythology.

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 11:41 AM
Yippie, maybe they'll have a movie and there will be a monkey in it, with ketchup.

Jonna
07-19-2002, 11:53 AM
HE HE HE!!!

icatch9
07-19-2002, 01:31 PM
I think that the mythogy was as much a burden as it was a blessing. I really like the show, but I wouldn't call myself a philo or whatever. Anyway, the mythogy was a amazing plot for the whole series to be based on. But the way the show operated and was written was way to confusing for the common viewer to understand. If you missed a couple of episodes, then you were lost. Still, the mythogy allowed it to have the substance of a show that was un-matched. When you did get into it you just wanted more and more of it.

Stand a lone movies will be great, as far as box office returns go. I think they'll be entertaining too, but I'll mis that mythogy that we all know and love. Unless they come up with something new story line and have sequils that deal with the same plot line and what not.

I know we are in the day and age of sequils and prequils, but a Movie that knows it's going to have sequils is a lot better than a moive that has a sequil becasue the first one made a ton of money.

Jedi Knightrider
07-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Master Goeweins
I think that X-files went down hill fast. Fans that had followed the show for years deserved more than what we got as a series finale. What did it answer? Nothing we didn't already know. It was like one long highlight reel. All we got was some arbitrary date that the aliens would come back. Big woop, since most of us won't be there to watch it.

The last episode was sort of destined to fail, because the idea of the X-files was always that there are more answers than questions, but it had to have some semblance of resolution. However, it is now open to continue - we have until the invasion - 10 more years of movies!!! wooo hooooo!!!!

I really liked that they encorporated the fact that the Mayan calendar ends on the date that is set for the invasion. I just thought that was really cool. What was the date again? I forget...

As for the last two seasons, I loved Dogget. I thought he was a really good counter-point Scully, just as Scully was the counter-point to Mulder. It was interesting to see how much Scully's perceptions had changed, when juxtaposed to her former self.

I also don't think that the mythology is over. I think the mythology will continue in the movies.

pthfnder89
07-19-2002, 03:12 PM
David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have both said many times that they are commited to doing further X-files movies if Fox decides to do it. But when they get made is anybodies guess.

smurfvader
07-19-2002, 04:21 PM
Although I thought the show went down after the 4th season I still watched it to the end. Yes the ending was lousy and here's why. In a recent TV Guide interview Chris Carter actually admitted he planned the show to end on the fifth season, but when Fox kept shoveling money in his face he found it hard to say no to continuing the series. So he pretty much had to make things up as he went along. Also I think the show might have been okay if Morgan and Wong had stayed on.

JIm