PDA

View Full Version : Do you want BIGGS DARKLIGHTER in Academy Uniform made?

Tycho
10-11-2001, 04:48 PM
The Captain Antilles post I made and your excellent responses sparked a great idea, in that we seem to be able to discuss the merits of unproduced figures we'd like, one dude at a time.

To that end, I would really like a Biggs figure in the Academy Uniform from the Lost Scenes. It was actually filmed, and the sculpted head could eventually be used to do a Biggs X-Wing Fighter Pilot figure, sans removeable helmet. But the unique look of Biggs' uniform, the flowing cape, etc. would make for an interesting new collectors' figure. I think most fans have seen the lost footage on the Insiders' Guide or Magic CD-ROMs, or pictures in their old ANH storybooks that included that scene, like the novel.

Would you like to see Biggs made?

Rollo Tomassi
10-11-2001, 06:48 PM
When I was doing TOP TEN threads, I was suprised at how many people wanted to see an "EU" figure. I personally would really like to see Biggs in Rand Ecliptic Uniform. Even better, an "Anchorhead/Lost Scene" Cinema scene with Biggs, Camie, and Fixer.

On a tangent, Biggs left the day before Luke meets Ben (according to the novel and radio drama). So Luke and Ben hire Han, they fly to Alderaan, rescue the princess and fly to Yavin. This takes place in a relatively short amount of time. Even being generous and saying the hyperspace jumps took a couple days each, at most it took seven days for all that to transpire. Biggs had to fly back to the Rand Ecliptic, stage a mutiny, find the rebal aliance and fly to Yavin, so he showed up about 5 minutes before the Falcon did. But they make it look like he's been fighting with the alliance for a long time and they haven't seen each other for years. What's up with that?

But yeah, make a Biggs figure.:D

Lord Malakite
10-11-2001, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't mind if they made him. It would defintitely be better than that Luke they gave us from the same scene(I mean come on, its the same Tatooine Luke with a new hat. It almost feels like Malibu Stacy from the Simpsons.)

Lobito
10-11-2001, 07:46 PM
Yesssss!!! A biggs from the lost scenes is a great idea, Lak Sivrak figure was made after the SW Special editions, and still he is in our hands, so lets hope Hasbro gives Biggs a shot.:D

Sliver FBI
10-11-2001, 08:39 PM
No, Lak Sivrak was in the Original version, and he was later replaced by Ketwol in the SE.

Oh and that Biggs figure has been on my Most Wanted list ever since I saw the pictures from that scene.

Lobito
10-11-2001, 09:29 PM
No my friend, we are talking about the figures...The Lak Sivrak figure came out in february 1998 after the SW special editions...which were released in 1997.;)

master jedi
10-11-2001, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Would you like to see Biggs made?
Heck yeah!!! And while they're at it they should make Camie and Fixer.

evenflow
10-12-2001, 09:10 AM
I have to say that I always thought they should make him. I know we have never seen him in the movie that way, but we all know what he looks like. I think that they should release a special cinema scene :

Biggs
Camie
Fixer
:D

JediTricks
10-12-2001, 11:08 AM
I don't want Academy Biggs, this guy punked out at the end of the movie, why glorify his lameness with yet another figure? ;) Seriously though, I'd save my cash on this one if it were released.

Rollo Tomassi
10-12-2001, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
I have to say that I always thought they should make him. I know we have never seen him in the movie that way, but we all know what he looks like. I think that they should release a special cinema scene :

Biggs
Camie
Fixer
:D

Say! That's a really good idea for a cinema scene. Now why didn't I think of tha....oh.:rolleyes: ;)

Starfig873
10-12-2001, 12:35 PM
I think I brought this up once before...hmm

But YES. I would happily pay for this bad boy. He'd be a great complimentary figure to our whiny boy Luke.

master jedi
10-12-2001, 05:50 PM
Besides this Biggs figure I'd want Hasbro to make Lando dressed in Hans clothes more.

evenflow
10-15-2001, 06:57 PM
Sorry, didn't realize you said that. :) ..;)

Jargo
10-15-2001, 07:30 PM
Why yes, yes I would. We covered all this in the old forums but it's doubtful that Hasbro read those these days so let's all voice again our desire for the guy with the stupidest outfit in star wars :) for a military outfit it sure looks stolen and from a thrift store at that. I reckon Biggs was just spinning Luke a line about the academy and was just really on R&R from the rebellion after wussing out one too many times during light skirmishes around enormous battle stations.

I'd like to see Camie and Fixer done in a little scene like these 25th anniversary packs. With a Toshi station backdrop.
Biggs should come on a card alone for shame.
And his head couldn't be re-used for a Biggs X-wing with removable helmet because Garrick Hagon famously and stupidly cut his hair between the two shoots. It's longer in the Tatooine scenes and a short style in the Yavin scene. He said geekily :)

Does anyone know if that scene ever had Deak or Windy in it at the beginning? They're in the book and get mentioned - or was that Tank? Anyway, was there another character at the start of the Toshi station scenes apart from the mad old woman Luke nearly knocks over?

GNT
10-16-2001, 03:30 AM
I really wouldn't want to see him made,i'd rather have more important characters made,sure if Hasbro made him i'd probably buy him but his last on my list :)Maybe oneday?

JEDIpartner
10-16-2001, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I suppose a Biggs in the Academy uniform would be kinda cool. It would be a good companion piece for "fishing hat" Luke. I guess that, since the scene was never in the film, it would be considered EU... no?

evenflow
10-16-2001, 10:18 AM
I still think it would make a cool cinema scene: Biggs, Camie, Fixer. I like wierd and crazy stuff like that. I think the other cinema scene in the case should be a Wookie family scene.

Mala
Lumpy
Itchy:)

Rollo Tomassi
10-16-2001, 12:15 PM
I thought Deak and Windy were in the background of that scene playing "Aqua-billiards" but they didn't have lines. I can't remember if they came outside with the otheres to look at Luke's "spacebattle" it's been a while since I watched the lost scenes...OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH:mad: :mad: ...Where's our Episode IV DVD?!!?!?

GNT
10-17-2001, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
:mad: ...Where's our Episode IV DVD?!!?!?

No where! If george stays with his plan expect to see it after EP3! :eek:

Rollo Tomassi
10-17-2001, 10:28 AM
Okay, I watched the "lost scenes" again and Deak and Windy ARE there, but are not mentioned by name. They are playing that fooseball/aquatic pool table game with Biggs when Luke runs in. Luke tells everyone about the space battle, but only Biggs, Camie, and Fixer come out with him. Also in the scene is a landspeeder with 5 engines and an R1-G4 sized droid with an R5 shaped head milling about outside the shop behind Deak and Windy.