PDA

View Full Version : Who's you favorite Jedi from the NJO era

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 03:09 AM
Jacen Solo rocks. He may have some problems with what he feels his role is in the force but hes the one whos keeping it all together and I think hes going to be the one who will end up saving the galaxy. Corran Horn is cool too.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2002, 11:46 AM
I am really not a fan of the whole NJO "wheel spinning," as Eternal Padawan has labeled it. However, I think Tahiri is turing into quite a dynamic character; quite a change from her happy-go-lucky barefoot characterization from the Junior Jedi Knights series.

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 02:53 PM
Yes, it seems that she has gotten more depth, after the Vong tried to turn her into one of them and especially after Anakin's death.

InsaneJediGirl
07-18-2002, 08:27 PM
I like Anakin Solo and Tahiri,however,I am not a big fan of NJO.The series has left me disapointed.(Not saying all books in the series were bad,just most:D).

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 08:37 PM
Well, I guess i have to agree that in the begging some of the books were lacking, but the last three or four have had better dialouge, and more elaborate battles including fights between the Jedi and the Yuzzhan Vong.

DarthBatman
07-19-2002, 03:28 PM
I always liked Anakin Solo. I never liked Jacen's feelings about his role in the Force -- seemed kinda lame to me.

RooJay
07-28-2002, 03:30 AM
I have been a huge fan of the NJO series since the beginning. My favorite Jedi would have to be Corran Horn. Ihave loved this character since the novel I, Jedi (a great read in my opinion. Even for those who are not Star Wars fans!). I loved the level of depth and characterization he was given in that book! I think he has a challenger for my choice of favorite, though, in Ganne Rhysode! I really love how far they have taken that character, and how he has changed and grown since his introduction (although he seemed horribly underused in Star by Star). On the flip-side of things, I'd have to say that I'm not terribly fond of what's been going on with Jacen up to this point in the series. I started out really liking him, but his development just seemed to stop in my opinion early on in the series, and he just seemed to become kind of whiny and pitiful to me. Hopefully, things are bout to change, which I hear may indeed be the case!

Pendo
07-28-2002, 08:31 AM
Not really a fan of the NJO (or any EU infact) but I'll say that Anakin Solo is my favourite!

PENDO!

Darth Evil
07-28-2002, 03:18 PM
I've always liked Corran Horn the best out of all the new Jedi. He's an extremely interesting and cool character.

Lobito
08-01-2002, 03:18 PM
Anakin Solo...to bad he's not around anymore...

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-01-2002, 09:38 PM
i like all the Solo's, and i dont think that Jacen will be the one to save the galaxy I think it should be Skywalker's son Ben should grow up and defeat the Yuzhan Vong, or maybe it could be unexpected and Mara Jade and Luke finish the conflict but who knows, or their could be like a master like Yoda in hiding who comes out and saves the day we dont now

RooJay
08-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Then again...maybe not.;)

Jacen Solo
08-12-2002, 05:12 PM
I think it will either be Jacen Solo or Kyp Durron that saves the day.

RooJay
08-12-2002, 08:42 PM
My money's on Jacen, though I'm willing to bet that Kyp will have a major role to play in the outcome.

Phantom-like Menace
12-09-2003, 04:07 AM
Though Corran Horn has been one of my favorite characters for some time, I really haven't liked much that he's done in the New Jedi Order series, with the exception of the personal duel with the Vong. I didn't like the New Jedi Order books at all until my roommate got one of them for Christmas. I read it and Anakin Solo proved to be really cool, widly competent and basically badass. Based on his character alone, I started reading more of the books, and of course they killed him. When Jaina freaked out and flung Force lighting at the Vong, I tried the following book, because I thought it would be cool if she went to the dark side. Of course she calmed down, and that book didn't prove very interesting, so I haven't read a New Jedi Order book since.