PDA

View Full Version : Eight Legged Freaks

Jedi Juice
07-18-2002, 10:17 AM
When I saw the previews for this movie, I thought, "Geez, this is going to be the worst movie of the summer..."

Then, my newspaper yesterday gives the movie 4 stars, so that made me want to see the flick. I don't know how my newspaper gave that movie a 4 star rating because it's not even worth 2 stars! That was the most ridiculous movie ever! Ahhh!

Did anyone else see it?

Jonna
07-18-2002, 10:19 AM
This looks like one of those movies that is so stupid it's funny!

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 11:21 AM
I'd watch it. It looks amusing. But you know how in the trailers the fat cop shoots a Beretta M92F 9mm handgun while inside his car, killing the spider atop his car and letting its juices spill into his mouth? Well, he'd go deaf from doing that. Just like Sarah Connor would go deaf from the scene in Terminator 2 when she fires two or three whole magazines of a Colt M1911A1 .45 ACP handgun, in an elevator. And in Die Hard, Hans Gruber would go deaf from the multiple times he fires his Heckler & Koch P7 pistol next to his ear. :D

billfremore
07-18-2002, 11:36 AM
This will be this year's "Lake Placid"

I'm definately going...

icatch9
07-18-2002, 11:37 AM
Dead Eye I do think your showeing off :). Clearly your well versed on guns and what not. Very cool, and very scary :).

Movies are entertainment and don't follow the laws of real life. I think the movie "The Last Action Hero" dabbled in this explanation. So, they don't have to be totally logical. That's why thier movies.

billfremore
07-18-2002, 11:40 AM
Well said icatch.

Movies aren't real.

They're just a fun and entertaining way to suspend disbelief for a couple hours. :)

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 12:58 PM
True--because in movies, guns are never as loud as they really are and they never have recoil. What crap. :rolleyes: :D

Jonna
07-18-2002, 01:06 PM
Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place! Go to your happy place!

billfremore
07-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Maybe Deadeye's happy place is filled with guns...

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 02:10 PM
The three G's--games, girls, and guns. :D

Beast
07-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
The three G's--games, girls, and guns. :D
A game with girls and guns? Russian Roulette? :D

I have to say, that if your expecting total realism in movies, see documentarys or some dramas. We are talking about movies with killer robots, liquid metal villans, and monster spiders. :crazed: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Juice
07-18-2002, 11:37 PM
OK, you got me. The movie was actually pretty decent and entertaining.... Doug E. Doug was very very funny!

DarthBatman
07-19-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Juice

Then, my newspaper yesterday gives the movie 4 stars, so that made me want to see the flick. I don't know how my newspaper gave that movie a 4 star rating because it's not even worth 2 stars! That was the most ridiculous movie ever! Ahhh!

Never, ever, ever believe what your newspaper says about movies. Every stupid move I've ever seen has gotten at least a "B" rating from my paper. Every movie I've ever liked? "C".

DeadEye
07-19-2002, 09:17 AM
Oh, I know, right? They give fantastic movies like Resident Evil, Windtalkers, and Attack of the Clones two stars, but they give stupid ignorant bullsh*t movies like E.T. four stars!!! :frus:

All critics like are dramas, foreign language films, and cutesy little kids' films.

Beast
07-19-2002, 09:29 AM
Oh, I know, right? They give fantastic movies like Resident Evil, Windtalkers, and Attack of the Clones two stars, but they give stupid ignorant bullsh*t movies like E.T. four stars!!! :frus:

All critics like are dramas, foreign language films, and cutesy little kids' films.
Wow, DeadEye just badmouthed E.T. I wonder how long it will take for this thread to turn into a flame war. You definatly show your age DeadEye, if you don't appreciate E.T. at all. Especially if you consider Resident Evil a better flic. I think that alot of the 20+ year olds on the forum are gonna majorly disagree with you on your stanse about E.T. Would you like to borrow some asbestos long johns? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
07-19-2002, 09:36 AM
Anybody else here think Windtalkers was any good?

(besides you Deadeye)

QLD
07-19-2002, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I have to say E.T. is an excellent film, even with Speilburg's "updates".

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Windtalkers was neat, and E.T. was stupid. Let him try to phone home with his precious 4 stars, a Jedi doesn't need stars to slice a battle droid.

Jonna
07-19-2002, 12:55 PM
Since we are talking about movies, has anyone seen Bubble Boy. I haven't laughed that hard is a long time.

QLD
07-19-2002, 01:13 PM
Undercover Brother had me rolling on the theatre floor.

Jacen, when did you see E.T.? This year, or 20 years ago?

billfremore
07-19-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
Since we are talking about movies, has anyone seen Bubble Boy. I haven't laughed that hard is a long time.

I didn't get a chance to see that one yet, would you recommend it highly?

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 01:21 PM
Bubble boy is hilarius, the part when he first meets the girl and he tells her what his mother says she is. QLD I saw both versions and I didn't like either one.

Jonna
07-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Solo
Bubble boy is hilarius, the part when he first meets the girl and he tells her what his mother says she is. QLD I saw both versions and I didn't like either one.

That was great! I love the part when the ice cream guy is praying for the cow and a semi runs over it and splashes guts all over him. (Yes, I AM GRIM.)

The Land Of the Lost deal was pretty funny also.

Bill, you seem to have a similar sense of humor as I. Rent this movie!!! I am buying it as soon as it comes out.

Jedi Knightrider
07-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by billfremore

I'm definately going...

see, okay, this is the problem... "Lake Placid" was soooo bad, my friends and I couldn't even do a "running commentary" that we like to do on really bad movies a la "Mystery Science 3000."

I think the best "rc" we ever had was to "Deep Blue Sea" or what I like to call "Smarks." Ever since then, any animal movie has had a "Sm" in front of it. i.e. lake placid was "Smalligator." the new planet of the apes became "Smapes"

billfremore
07-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Oh c'mon, didn't you even enjoy Oliver Platt's witty banter with the sorta dumb town sheriff?

How could you not like this:

Sherriff: How did you find out this information?

Oliver: Oh they're hiding this information in books now.

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 02:13 PM
That was great! I love the part when the ice cream guy is praying for the cow and a semi runs over it and splashes guts all over him. (Yes, I AM GRIM.)

I like the part when he learns to say the plege of allegience when he gets excited like DeadEye.:p

anarky
07-19-2002, 03:20 PM
et a bad movie? BLASPHEMY!! i still cry when i watch that movie--steven spielberg is a god among men--you should watch it again, daddy-o

the only redeeming feature about lake placid was betty white playing a foul-mouthed old lady--and you don't want to get el chuxter in here to debate the paleontological inaccuracies--i bet he could drone on almost as long as he did about jurassic park 3

Jedi Knightrider
07-19-2002, 03:25 PM
Oh c'mon, didn't you even enjoy Oliver Platt's witty banter with the sorta dumb town sheriff?

How could you not like this:

Sherriff: How did you find out this information?

Oliver: Oh they're hiding this information in books now.

Granted, there was some funny stuff in it, but it made fun of itself too much for us to make fun of it. That's the main problem we had with it. It was already a "tongue in cheek" type movie, and therefore wasn't taking itself as seriously as "Smarks."

Therein lay the problem...

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 03:25 PM
E.T. was imo stupid, but Lake Placid is awesome if only for the simple fact that it is close to where I grew up, daddy-o

anarky I am your father. heavy breathing.

Jedi Juice
07-20-2002, 01:42 PM
I haven't seen E.T. in awhile.....

Anyway, has anyone seen the Original Kings of Comedy? That was the funniest stand up I've ever seen! Anyone else seen it?

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 04:24 PM
El Chuxter knows about paleontology? So do I! He and I ought to have a little chat...:D

QLD
07-21-2002, 03:57 AM
Kings of Comedy made me laugh harder than any movie I have ever seen I think. It is incredible, and everyone should see it.

scruffziller
07-21-2002, 11:50 AM
I can't wait to see this, with all the good things being said about it 4 stars? A movie that looks like it will be another RATS, BATS or whatever but with reviews like that I am going to see it TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

Beast
07-21-2002, 02:15 PM
Just got back from seeing it this afternoon. I was pleasently suprised, this was an excellent movie. I eagerly anticipate the DVD release of the film. Sadly I see this film not doing that great at the box office. There were only 4 other people in the theater with me. The cat scene early in the film is just so way over the top, I almost fell out of my seat laughing. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Really? I've heard this movie is supposed to be pretty good...how are the CG 'toon spiders? Do they look decent?

Beast
07-21-2002, 02:39 PM
The CG spiders look very good, very realistic. Not toony at all. The FX company really did their research when they made the spider movement animations. It definatly takes me back to all those excellent 50's and 60's giant spider movies. There are some really over the top and silly scenes, but it is supposed to be a parody of those movies. Again, love the cat scene. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Did ILM make the spiders?

Nexu
07-22-2002, 12:01 AM
Doubtful.

JediTricks
07-22-2002, 03:27 AM
So is it a comedy like earlier trailers led us to believe or is it trying to be semi-straight-up like the current set suggests?

Beast
07-22-2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
So is it a comedy like earlier trailers led us to believe or is it trying to be semi-straight-up like the current set suggests?
I would say, kinda. It's really a parody of those old giant spider movies from the 50's and 60's. I would say it's thrill-omedy. The humor is usually dark, and alot of people die. It's humor similar to Army of Darkness. Really dark, but really funny. And have I said how great the cat scene is yet? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-22-2002, 03:52 AM

I'm definately going...

Perfectly said! It is, I did, It was! :)

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 05:47 AM
JUst got back from seeing it and....................., not as pleased as I would have hoped. But then again movies in general have been boring me out lately. I love a good cat fight scene anytime though. It was the Jurrassic Park with spiders. Or more accurately, it was alot like Starship Troopers. And probably as well, like Doug E. Dougs charachter "the invasion!!!!!!!!!!! it's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

DeadEye
07-22-2002, 10:21 AM
I've never seen the Evil Dead series.

Now, in the trailers, the only spiders I see are all tarantulas. Are there multiple types of spiders in the movie?

billfremore
07-22-2002, 10:55 AM

:confused:
Stop whatever you're doing right now and go out and rent these films.

I said stop.

Why are you still reading this?

Well?

Jonna
07-22-2002, 11:07 AM
You beat me to it Bill!

Deoxyribonucleic
07-22-2002, 02:11 PM

Now, in the trailers, the only spiders I see are all tarantulas. Are there multiple types of spiders in the movie?

1. the infamous jumping spiders (these look like tarantulas)

2. male orb weavers (I call them BIG BODIES because their abdomens are sooo huge} w/black, yellow and white stripes

3. Tarantulas (there was ONE big one)

4. One female orbweaver which was three times bigger than all the rest of them....she was like their "leader"

Beast
07-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Deoxyribonucleic, don't forget trap door spiders. Those were the ones that attacked the ostraches. And also were outside the resturant in the parking lot, popping out and grabbing people. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Deoxyribonucleic, don't forget trap door spiders. Those were the ones that attacked the ostraches. And also were outside the resturant in the parking lot, popping out and grabbing people. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Man! I CAN'T believe I forgot those...those were my favorite ones too! THANKS :) When they were grabbing those ostriches one after the other...GRAB GRAB GRAB...that was hillarious!!

Anyone notice the spider cough when DA sped off on the motorcycle and pushed dirt up in its face? Hehe that was funny!

The aunt cracked me up too! :)

billfremore
07-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Ok, now I really gotta see this movie.

DeadEye
07-22-2002, 03:19 PM
So what do the spiders do in the movie? Do they just grab people and web them up, or do they maul them and eat them alive??? :D:D:D

And what's so great about the Evil Dead series?

Jonna
07-22-2002, 03:24 PM

Everything!:p

Beast
07-22-2002, 03:27 PM
I hope you still have that asbestos underwear I borrowed you, I think you may need it. Why the Evil Dead series is so great, can't be put into words to easily. Just go rent the films today. Log off, go to the video rental store and rent them. Make sure you get the Director's Cut edition of Army of Darkness. The theatrical cut was forced on Sam Raimi by Dino De Laurentiis. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
07-22-2002, 03:30 PM

Ahh to be young again.

You my friend should not question or ask such silly questions, so walk, no run to your local video store and rent these movies.

(If you have to ask again then you're wasting valuable time that could be spent watching them)

DeadEye
07-22-2002, 06:18 PM
Well are there any other great movies I ought to rent while I'm out? :D

Beast
07-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Well are there any other great movies I ought to rent while I'm out? :D
American Werewolf in London, Big Trouble in Little China, Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, Re-Animator, Bride of Re-Animator, Clash of the Titans, Dr. Strangelove, The Goonies, House, House II: The Second Story, Legend, Return of the Living Dead, Rocky Horror Picture Show, V, V: The Final Battle, Watership Down. Etc., Etc., Etc. That should keep you busy for a while. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-22-2002, 07:21 PM

American Werewolf in London, Big Trouble in Little China, Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, Re-Animator, Bride of Re-Animator, Clash of the Titans, Dr. Strangelove, The Goonies, House, House II: The Second Story, Legend, Return of the Living Dead, Rocky Horror Picture Show, V, V: The Final Battle, Watership Down. Etc., Etc., Etc. That should keep you busy for a while. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I noticed you didn't mention the Academy Award savvy Hellraiser 3 (with our very own Dax from ST Deep Space Nine), 4 and 5! :rolleyes: ROFL J/K :D

Beast
07-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
I noticed you didn't mention the Academy Award savvy Hellraiser 3 (with our very own Dax from ST Deep Space Nine), 4 and 5! :rolleyes: ROFL J/K :D
I didn't mention 3, because it wasn't all that good. Only die hard Hellraiser fans will enjoy 3. Hellraiser 4 was cut to bits by the studio, leaving the best stuff on the cutting room floor. And Hellraiser 5 just sucks on toast, it's like Bad Lieutenant meets Hellraiser. I am hopefully for Hellraiser 6: Hellseeker, as they are supposed to get back on track. And Kirsty will make her return to the series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-22-2002, 07:34 PM

I didn't mention 3, because it wasn't all that good. Only die hard Hellraiser fans will enjoy 3. Hellraiser 4 was cut to bits by the studio, leaving the best stuff on the cutting room floor. And Hellraiser 5 just sucks on toast, it's like Bad Lieutenant meets Hellraiser. I am hopefully for Hellraiser 6: Hellseeker, as they are supposed to get back on track. And Kirsty will make her return to the series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That's what I figured, as I feel the same. Although 4 DID have potential. Any word on if they put these extras (what got cut out) on a DVD if there is even a Hellraiser 4 DVD?

Beast
07-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
That's what I figured, as I feel the same. Although 4 DID have potential. Any word on if they put these extras (what got cut out) on a DVD if there is even a Hellraiser 4 DVD?
4 had great potential, but was completely ruined by the studio that cut it. I don't blame Kevin Yagher for pulling his name from the credits for directing that stinker. So many excellent scenes were cut. There already was a Hellraiser 4 release, but it was barebones. No word on whether 3 or 4 will get a S.E. anytime soon. I hope so. :(

Just before release, Miramax had some scenes deleted and other reshooted, causing director Kevin Yagher to disown the film (the theatrical release has a director credited for 'Alan Smithee'). A new director, Joe Chappelle, was brought in to shoot the additional material.
The original cut, titled "Hellraiser IV:Bloodline Story", begins in 1784. LeMarchand builds the box, gives it to the evil man seen in the theatrical version, and watches as him and Angelique and some others play cards. Some lose the game and lose their lives on the new puzzlebox. LeMarchand goes to Augustine, who is later killed by Angelique. LeMarchand and his wife go to a party, where Angelique shows off her new box, and LeMarchand's wife barely escapes alive to America.
The central part of the film is mostly the same as the theatrical version with the addition of a new character, a neighbor who is killed by Pinhead, who then comes back to life later and promises Pinhead a good fight in the future.
The last part is set in the future. Dr.Merchant and his crew are about to board the space station, when they realize something else in on board (Pinhead). The reicarnated neighbor returns to finish off Pinhead forever. Then, the space station turns into the box and destroys Pinhead.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
07-22-2002, 08:02 PM
EVIL DEAD = GOD.

I haven't seen the Directors cut of AOD yet though, what is different in it Jar Jar? Is it the one with the different ending? I have seen two different endings.

Beast
07-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
EVIL DEAD = GOD. I haven't seen the Directors cut of AOD yet though, what is different in it Jar Jar? Is it the one with the different ending? I have seen two different endings.
There is about 15 minutes worth of additional footage, in addition to the alternate ending with Ash in the future. :)

Some of the stuff that was added, is more of the Little Ash scenes in the windmill. They torture him longer, and the reason why his face goes from clean to covered with soot is shown. Ash and Bad Ash talk more, and instead of the classic "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun," Ash says "I ain't that good". Ash's speech to Arthur's men and the building the Deathcoaster is longer. There is a much longer attack on the castle around 10 minutes, and in the original cut Henry the Red and his men don't show up until when Evil Ash is on the catapults. That's what he looks to, when Ash cuts off his hand and retreives the book. That's most of it. Pick up a copy of the "Bootleg Editon" when you get a chance, it's the same disc that was the second disc in the Limited Edition 2-disc set that was released a few years ago. :)

A Limited Edition 2-DVD from Anchor Bay Entertainment was released in October 1999 which includes the U.S. Theatrical Cut, and Sam Raimi's Original Director's Cut with 15 minutes of extra footage including 10 more minutes of the final battle scene against the deadites, extra & alternate dialogue sequences, the original 'Post-Apocalyptic' ending, and other bits of footage only seen on the U.S. T.V. cuts of the film. It also includes a special audio commentary by Director/Co-Writer Sam Raimi, star Bruce Campbell, and Co-Writer Ivan Raimi, original theatrical trailer, 'The Men Behind the Army' behind-the-scenes featurette narrated by Bruce Campbell himself, 4 deleted scenes not even shown in the Director's Cut (with & without audio commentary), Director's Storyboards & Conceptual Drawings, and the usual talent bios.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 12:21 AM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jar Jar, I haven't seen one of those movies you mentioned.

Beast
07-23-2002, 12:28 AM
Jar Jar, I haven't seen one of those movies you mentioned.
DeadEye, that is a very very sad thing. No wonder you don't like good movies like E.T. and such. Because you don't know what a good movie is. I weep for you, my friend. Get your butt off the computer and get thee to a movie rental store. :cry: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 12:34 AM
Well...which one should I start with? :D

I actually have seen most of The Goonies (which sucked) and Watership Down, and I think I've seen Clash of the Titans, if that's the one with the Greek monsters.

Thumb Wars
07-23-2002, 12:49 AM
you need to start with Rocky Horror Picture Show! That one is a cult classic, then move to Army of Darkness/Evil Dead!! another cult classic. and finish the night with some Return of the Living Dead!! all classic flix!

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 12:52 AM
There's so many Living Dead movies...I've seen one of them...I guess Night of the Living Dead....and I think I saw Return of the Living Dead 3 or something...

Nexu
07-23-2002, 01:07 AM
Clash of the Titans sucks, seriously. I can't stand it. I had to watch it in my forst year of freshman english. ;)

DarthBrandon
07-23-2002, 01:08 AM
Evil Dead is where it's at DeadEye, watch that along with Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 09:05 AM
Everyone says the Evil Dead series is all great, and Bruce Campbell's character has such hilarious lines--but they're all said so damned often they're practically cliche'd,...so would it even be funny?

Yeah, I saw Clash of the Titans in 7th grade English.

QLD
07-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Yes, it would be funny. Don't go in watching it thinking you are going to see the best movie of all time, but go in willing to be entertained, and you will be. Also Big Trouble in Little China should be high on the watch list.

And I can't believe no one mentioned The Last Dragon!

Hey, Jar Jar, is that on DVD yet? I gotta have it!

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 09:16 AM
I haven't seen the Phantasm series...or Lord of the Rings, for that matter.

billfremore
07-23-2002, 09:59 AM
You haven't seen Lord of the R...
Ok that's it.
I want you to turn off your computer right now and go watch this movie.

As a matter of fact I will no longer respond to you until you've seen at least one Evil Dead movie.

Well?

What are you waiting for?

Quit reading this and go!

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 10:23 AM
Oh, yeah, um...I've seen every movie you've mentioned...yeah!

Jonna
07-23-2002, 10:34 AM
Yes, it would be funny. Don't go in watching it thinking you are going to see the best movie of all time, but go in willing to be entertained, and you will be. Also Big Trouble in Little China should be high on the watch list.

YAY! But what happen to Kurt Russel! He use to be so cool.

Big Trouble in Little China
The Thing (remake)
Escape from NY

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

billfremore
07-23-2002, 10:39 AM
Oh, yeah, um...I've seen every movie you've mentioned...yeah!

You'd better be watching a movie while your posting this...

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 11:48 AM
Actually, I'm not watching anything.

billfremore
07-23-2002, 12:00 PM
That's it!

I give up!

Jonna
07-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Come oooonnnn! The first one's free!

billfremore
07-23-2002, 12:30 PM
He's never going to get it.

Why must he question everything?:D

Deoxyribonucleic
07-23-2002, 01:01 PM

4 had great potential, but was completely ruined by the studio that cut it. I don't blame Kevin Yagher for pulling his name from the credits for directing that stinker. So many excellent scenes were cut. There already was a Hellraiser 4 release, but it was barebones. No word on whether 3 or 4 will get a S.E. anytime soon. I hope so. :(

Just before release, Miramax had some scenes deleted and other reshooted, causing director Kevin Yagher to disown the film (the theatrical release has a director credited for 'Alan Smithee'). A new director, Joe Chappelle, was brought in to shoot the additional material.
The original cut, titled "Hellraiser IV:Bloodline Story", begins in 1784. LeMarchand builds the box, gives it to the evil man seen in the theatrical version, and watches as him and Angelique and some others play cards. Some lose the game and lose their lives on the new puzzlebox. LeMarchand goes to Augustine, who is later killed by Angelique. LeMarchand and his wife go to a party, where Angelique shows off her new box, and LeMarchand's wife barely escapes alive to America.
The central part of the film is mostly the same as the theatrical version with the addition of a new character, a neighbor who is killed by Pinhead, who then comes back to life later and promises Pinhead a good fight in the future.
The last part is set in the future. Dr.Merchant and his crew are about to board the space station, when they realize something else in on board (Pinhead). The reicarnated neighbor returns to finish off Pinhead forever. Then, the space station turns into the box and destroys Pinhead.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

THANKS for the up and up JJB :)

Darth Nitwit
07-23-2002, 01:34 PM
I haven't seen Evil Dead yet either, but after all this I think that I will rent it this weekend.

billfremore
07-23-2002, 02:23 PM
You'd better! :D

or I'm gonna come over there and...muttering

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Yeah, you'd better mutter it under your breath...:D

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 07:00 PM
BTW I haven't seen Heat, Se7en, or Swordfish either.

Jedi Juice
07-23-2002, 09:15 PM
For those who have seen the Kings of Comedy,

Has anyone seen Eddie Murphy's Delirious? That's another hilarious stand-up show. You better rent that one!

QLD
07-23-2002, 09:27 PM
I love Delirious, but I think Kings of Comedy is perhaps just a little better!

Jonna
07-23-2002, 09:54 PM
BTW I haven't seen Heat, Se7en, or Swordfish either.

With all do respect, go out right now and rent something besides Star Wars.:(

DeadEye
07-23-2002, 11:08 PM
Why? Are those good too?

Jonna
07-23-2002, 11:48 PM
Why? Are those good too?

Well, Seven I great. Heat is very good. And I couldn't care less about Swordfish. It just sounds like you haven't seen much of anything else, no offense.

QLD
07-24-2002, 01:26 AM
Well, I haven't seen Swordfish, but Seven and Heat are quite excellent.

Thumb Wars
07-24-2002, 11:15 PM
you know, it seems to me that Deadeye is pulling someone's chain here. he keeps metioning these really good movies, and then says that he hasn't seen them?!?!?! i just think he is trying to egg you guys on to rack up more posts. it seems to me he is a sad little man sitting in front of his computer for 12 hours a day, posting whatever radom thought enters his head. i have been reading these posts for a long time and only until recently decided to register. Deadeye, if you are such the "ladies man" as you have claimed in the past and still do, and you are on here like 12 hours a day, how do you have time to be a "ladies man"??? last time i checked, in order to be a "ladies man" there needs to be "ladies" involved. which would also require leaving the *gasp* computer for a while to go *gasp* out to meet these "ladies". interesting concept, no?? but to keep naming these someone recent movies, and not have seen them??? i find that really hard to believe!! and if you haven't seen these movies, then you live a very sheltered live, and i feel really sorry for you.

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 11:27 PM
My, my, my. Aren't we the hostile one? I'm just not going to say anything, because we'll just get into an argument and then Jar Jar will come in and yell at me and then we'll get another closed thread.

And just because I haven't seen a movie doesn't mean I haven't heard of it...:rolleyes:

Beast
07-24-2002, 11:48 PM
Trust me, if I was yelling at you....I would be banned. Maybe you should take a step back and re-read my posts. 9 times out of 10, unless you really need a tounge lashing, I am posting advice for you. But then, it's hard to see such things, when you're close minded. I'm trying to get you to not ruffle so many feathers with your comments.

Hearing about a movie, and actually seeing a movie is two different things. It's just like your comment in the Farscape thread. You popped in to say that you think it looks like it stinks, but you never have even watched the show to form an opinion. Maybe if you had an intelligent argument, and not just "It looks like it stinks" about everything, people might start taking you seriously. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
07-24-2002, 11:52 PM
Can you be a ladies man with cyber sex?

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 12:00 AM
I don't know about cyber sex because I don't engage in such things...thanks for asking! :D

And Jar Jar, AFAIK you're the only person here that doesn't take me seriously. :p

Jonna
07-25-2002, 12:28 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What does 'Weeeeeee!' mean you ask? Well I will tell you. To me 'Weeeee!' means that I want to say something, but it would be best not to. However, I can not help myself from saying nothing so I have to say something. Thus 'Weeeeeeeee!' is born.

So, Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Addition: Is 'Weeeee!' post padding? NO! Trust me. You would rather me say it then start a fight and that is usually why I say it.

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 12:35 AM
You've made your point, Jonna,...I guess you don't take me seriously either. :(

QLD
07-25-2002, 01:16 AM
Honestly Deadeye, we can't take you seriously. I say this honestly and in the most friendly way possible, if we take you seriously, we will most likely become angry because of the way you post, and the general content of it. So for the good of the forum, we generally don't take you seriously.

Nothing you can help really, but eventually you will mature, even though you think you already have. Hindsight, as they say, is always 20/20. But, you should not concern yourself with the opinions of others, especially "internet" people. You should concern yourself with your future well being, and family.

Hope that helps clear it up from my end a little.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

2-1B
07-25-2002, 04:34 AM
JJB & Deoxy - quick shoutout to John Bush of Armored Saint/Anthrax for getting killed in the nightclub CD massacre of Hellraiser III.
And to Ozzy and Lemmy for teaming up on a kickin' title song, found on Motorhead's March or Die and Ozzy's No More Tears, respectively. :)

If this thread is still about 8 Legged Spiders and not about DeadEye's attention, I have two questions:

1) Wasn't it originally titled Arac Attac ? :confused:

2) Rank D. Arquette's performance in this movie for me, on the following scale:
Ready to Rumble being the worst, and Scream being the "best" :rolleyes:

Beast
07-25-2002, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
If this thread is still about 8 Legged Spiders and not about DeadEye's attention, I have two questions:

1) Wasn't it originally titled Arac Attac ? :confused:

2) Rank D. Arquette's performance in this movie for me, on the following scale:
Ready to Rumble being the worst, and Scream being the "best" :rolleyes:
Good point Caesar, lets get back on topic with this thread. For your questions, here you go. Yes, the original title was going to be even more 50's giant insect movieish by being called: "Arac Attack". 8 Legged Freaks, while still a unique/silly name, is alot better. Kudos to the studio for the change, though it won't help box office results either way. Oh well, faster DVD release then. :)

David Arquette was suprisingly good in the film. When you have movies with giant CGI monsters, you need an actor that can convince the audience that it's real. D.A. does a good job here. I liked him in Scream, but he's better here. I've never even seen, Ready to Rumble. I assume from your comments that you arn't a big fan, and that the movie is a pretty big stinker. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jonna
07-25-2002, 10:32 AM
You've made your point, Jonna,...I guess you don't take me seriously either. :(

It has nothing to do with taking you seriously, Deadeye. I am merely posting comments that I think will help in one way or another. As for the last post, I was just trying to avoid fights taking place.

For Example:

Bill: You smell.
Deadeye: No, Bill! You smell.
Jonna: I have a helmet made of meat! Look at me, look at me! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Bill: Jonna's a nut! Lets go laugh at him and throw things.
Deadeye: Ya let's do that instead of fighting.
*Action* Bill and Deadeye hug and steal Jonna's helmet to make meatball ammo and then begin to pelt him with it and then say Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

When I first started posting on this forum, there was a minimum of fights and they were fun to participate in. But now it seems as though everything turns into a fight and everyone has to tip-toe around so as not to upset anyone else. When I start to become the voice of reason, you know that the fruit is rotten.

I know a few of you probably think that I am nuts, but I know exactly what I am doing.;) Now back to the thread topic........

billfremore
07-25-2002, 10:40 AM
I already think you're nuts and the voice of reason which makes no sense I know but hey what do you want from me?
I AM apparently wearing a meat helmet. :D

and like the man said back to topic...

I'm going to see 8 legged freaks next week, no more waiting.

QLD
07-25-2002, 12:00 PM
When you're a kid and you wanna go weeeeeeeeeeee , and you ain't got drugs yet...

Needles
07-25-2002, 12:22 PM
I havent found time to go see it

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 12:35 PM
I aim on seeing that movie.

Jonna, do you like smoke or something as you post here? You're always like, "WEEEEE! A meat helmet growing off a purple tree!" :D

Jonna
07-25-2002, 12:53 PM
HEY! I never mentioned anything about "purple tree(s)".

derek
07-25-2002, 01:00 PM
deadeye,

if you have not seen heat, how do you know portman was "winey" in that movie(your words in another post)? did ya just fast forward to her parts, or did she tell you? :cool:

Jonna
07-25-2002, 01:10 PM
It all falls apart. The center can not hold.

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 01:12 PM
My pal Greg saw heat and said she was whiney in that movie, plus Natalie told me she was instructed to be an annoying little b*tch. :D

El Chuxter
07-25-2002, 01:45 PM
This is off-subject, but I've not seen Eight Legged Freaks and Heat is one of the best films I've ever seen. (And I have to defend ET's honor!) :D

I wouldn't say Natalie was whiney in that movie, and I didn't see her character as annoying. Her mother was a complete nutbar, which drove her to the edge, and the only stable person in her life is Al Pacino (I don't remember if he's her mother's boyfriend or husband), whose relationship with her mother is falling apart because he's a workaholic. I'd highly recommend it; any movie with Natalie, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Val Kilmer, Ashley Judd, Hank Azaria, and Henry Rollins has to be good!

I loved ET as a kid, and as a teenager sort of "grew out of it." But watching it as an adult was like watching a completely different movie. There's so much richness that's lost on the kids (who are still completely captivated by it).

BTW, I wouldn't consider myself a paleontological expert by any means, though I can't get my hands on enough dinosaur info. I think 'narky was referring to my tirade on the old forums about the problems with JP3, not the least of which was the complete implausibility of a Spinosaurus not getting royally trounced by a T-Rex.

derek
07-25-2002, 01:52 PM
deadeye,

so how did that conversation go?

DE:"hey natalie, let's now discuss your films i have not seen. i have sources who said you were "winey" in heat. would you care to elaborate?"

NP: "yea, i was told to be an annoying little female dog. now lets talk about you and me..."
:eek:

DE: "OK, well did you know i'm an expert on ...."

Beast
07-25-2002, 02:21 PM
Here we go with the Natalie Portman thing again. :rolleyes: If I go bury my head in the sand, will someone come get me after this is over? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
07-25-2002, 02:26 PM
I agree, can we let it go?
Please?

Man the horse is dead and some of you think it's the Preakness

derek
07-25-2002, 02:29 PM
i'm gonna beat this horse until it's dog food!:crazed:

billfremore
07-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Great.
In the meantime I'll be off with Jar Jar with my head in the sand.

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey, you're the people that brought it up, not me.

And El Chuxter, I agree on JP3. The T-rex would have ripped the Spinosaurus to shreds--while the spinosaur is in fact larger than the rex, it is much more lightly built and had more delicate jaws.

I think the reason they made it win is because in the documentary on the DVD, they said the spinosaur robot ripped the rex robot's head off. :D

Beast
07-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Hey, you're the people that brought it up, not me.
Rewriting history again, DeadEye. You were the one that brought Portman back up, even though you know it causes arguments. Even though Derek asked you, you didn't have to go and post about it again, even though you said you would drop it. Just look at your post. Sometimes you have to learn, not to take the bait. :p :)

My pal Greg saw heat and said she was whiney in that movie, plus Natalie told me she was instructed to be an annoying little b*tch. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Hey, I've dropped it. Other people are the ones that keep mentioning it and subsequently talking trash, forcing me to bring it back up. :D

Beast
07-25-2002, 03:24 PM
Hey, I've dropped it. Other people are the ones that keep mentioning it and subsequently talking trash, forcing me to bring it back up. :D
No one is forcing you to do anything. It's your own ego that causes you to have to talk about this. You have already said you would drop the Portman BS, yet the second you get a chance your yap is flapping about it again. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 03:35 PM
BS? There's no BS about it...and second, what do you mean my ego? More like personal honor...when people insult me, I'll not just stand by!

QLD
07-25-2002, 04:11 PM
Is there truly such a thing as honor on the internet? Oh no, someome on the internet said mean things about me. Oh my God! Maybe the years of being in AOL chatrooms before they went to unlimited access thickened my skin, but who CARES what someone online says about you.

I think you're full of crap about the Portman thing, but it doesn't matter.

I think Jar Jar is a stoopid icky poopy stinky head too! :D

And that doesn't matter.

Maybe I am not making sense....I'll stop before I confuse myself.

Beast
07-25-2002, 04:19 PM
I think Jar Jar is a stoopid icky poopy stinky head too! :D
You have insulted my personal honor!! How dare you, everytime I say something someone has to attack me. I want my mommy!! :cry: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 04:20 PM
You're already confused, because you said I was full of crap about the Portman thing! Anyway, I've been trying not to bring it up, but you people just keep picking at it and picking at it, and picking at it!

And Jar Jar--every time you say something someone has to attack you? My, my...now you know how it feels! :D

billfremore
07-25-2002, 04:21 PM
Man this is getting old fast. :rolleyes:

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 04:26 PM
Yeah. I couldn't agree with you more...

QLD
07-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Once I knew this guy and he kept on and I was like WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derek
07-25-2002, 05:21 PM
so deadeye, i heard you know natalie portman. what's she like?

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Ah, hell. I'm not even talking about it.

QLD
07-25-2002, 06:08 PM
I met blossom once. She was a total douchebag.

derek
07-25-2002, 06:17 PM
oh, yea, QLD, i took punky brewster to the prom!:crazed:

and don't let milhouse catch you bad talking blossom.:)

QLD
07-25-2002, 06:56 PM
Actually, I did. My school band went on a reward trip to watch two tv shows being taped in one day. First we saw Baby Talk, with Tony Danza and Julia Duffy. That sucked.

Then we went to Blossom. It was one of the first shows, and the pilot had already aired and the show picked up. We got to meet the cast halfway through, and while myself and a few friends were talking to her, she was really really snotty. She said something rude to one of my friends, I don't remember what exactly, and I said F You Beach. Then I was promptly kicked out, and had to wait on the bus until it was all over. However, I was a hero for a day, as I got a standing ovation on the way out.

True story. I can't prove it though.

I also played Super Soaker tag with Dustin Diamond. He was a pretty cool dude, not like his Screech character. My friends brother had been in some acting workshops with him as a kid, or something, so I saw him once.

True story.

Oh, and I also had a date with Cameron Diaz. Man, she puts out!

True story *dodges tomatoes*

derek
07-25-2002, 07:04 PM
cameron diaz? i like that cameron manheim. yummy!!!:crazed:

QLD
07-25-2002, 07:20 PM
What about Kirk Cameron?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 08:04 PM
Holy crap. Talk about your butthead syndrome. You're only proving how pathetic you are, you know...:D:crazed:

Beast
07-25-2002, 08:13 PM
Holy crap. Talk about your butthead syndrome. You're only proving how pathetic you are, you know...:D:crazed:
You would be the expert on the Butthead Syndrome and Being Pathetic. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 08:16 PM
My goodness, Jar Jar--why do you keep talking about yourself?

QLD
07-25-2002, 08:28 PM
I'm rubber and you're glue!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beast
07-25-2002, 08:31 PM
It's turning into SSG: The Kindergarten Years. :D

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Yup...what have I done?

Jonna
07-25-2002, 09:16 PM
I can't believe this thing is still going on! Can't we just get guns or bombs or hazardous chemical agents and kill one another like civilized human beings instead of this nagfest? I'll even be the guy that sells peanuts in the bleachers.

I'm bored and want ACTION, SATISFACTION!

dO A LITTLE DANCE, MaKe a LiTtLE lOVe, hAve FUn To NIGHT!!

Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie! Fudgie Cookie, Chewie Wookie!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

wedgeA
07-25-2002, 09:54 PM
SERENITY NOW, SERENITY NOW!! (as Jonna cringes in the corner of the virtual room, contracted in a fetal position)

Jonna, if I could reach out and do that mind meld that Spock did with the Horta, I would ease your pain. Just remember someone out there cares.

derek
07-25-2002, 10:02 PM
serenity now, sanity later.

deadeye,why can't you be more like loyd braun?

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 11:03 PM
Who the hell is Loyd Braun?

derek
07-25-2002, 11:07 PM
wait a second, SSG's #1 trivia expert dosen't know who loyd braun is? and he thinks noel rowarr was played by that white haired guy in minority report?

i think we have stumped the king. the king is dead. all hail the new, undisputed SSG trivia champion of the world....ME!!!:crazed:

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 11:14 PM
Um...well, first of all, I never mentioned overall trivia. My original sig specifically mentioned that I was the resident Star Wars trivia expert...

Secondly, Knowle Roer (hell, at least I can spell his name!:D) was just the first name I could think of for him. McDonough was in the X-files however...he was that guy that smashed a motorcycle between the Canada/North Dakota border.

derek
07-25-2002, 11:24 PM
yea, you can spell, but you were wrong, admit it man, and drop and give me 20! nole rowar was played by adam baldwin. points will be taken off for mis-spelled words!:crazed:

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Yeah, but I wasn't wrong. I didn't remember the name of McDonough's character and I believe Roer was introduced in the same episode...so there. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
07-26-2002, 12:28 AM

Good point Caesar, lets get back on topic with this thread. For your questions, here you go. Yes, the original title was going to be even more 50's giant insect movieish by being called: "Arac Attack". 8 Legged Freaks, while still a unique/silly name, is alot better. Kudos to the studio for the change, though it won't help box office results either way. Oh well, faster DVD release then. :)

David Arquette was suprisingly good in the film.

I agree!!! I didn't get bored once...it was pretty great all the way through...no 1.5 hour lulls hehe :)

Beast
07-26-2002, 12:36 AM
Yaaaaay!! Back on Topic!!

Glad you liked the movie Deoxyribonucleic. Was the cat scene near the beginning as great as I said it was, like 4-5 pages ago? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-26-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
JJB & Deoxy - quick shoutout to John Bush of Armored Saint/Anthrax for getting killed in the nightclub CD massacre of Hellraiser III.

That was pretty darn funny :)

WOOHOOO to JB for the most wickedest death by CD's in history :)

Deoxyribonucleic
07-26-2002, 12:55 AM
Yaaaaay!! Back on Topic!!

Glad you liked the movie Deoxyribonucleic. Was the cat scene near the beginning as great as I said it was, like 4-5 pages ago? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OOOOOOOOOOOohhhh TOTALLY! :D :D I LOVED the spider indentation that was made in the drywall...the cat indentations were funny too, but that spider one was hilarious! I'm really glad I went to see it AND I spent 9 bucks on it and I definitely believe it was worth every penny!:D

SID
07-26-2002, 01:15 AM
SUCKED!

Beast
07-26-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by SID
SUCKED!
Sorry, I have to dismiss any review that only contains the word "sucked" or similar. It's not even an intelligent review. You definatly arn't going to convince anyone that it sucked just by saying that. How about a lil more in depth of a review. :rolleyes: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SID
07-26-2002, 01:20 AM
Nuff said!

2-1B
07-26-2002, 01:53 AM
QLD,
that's terrible that Mayim Bialik was rude to your friend. :mad:

What was Jenna Von Oy like? I kinda had a crush on her as a kid . . . and since you mentioned Kirk Cameron, I kinda had a crush on his sister Candace too . . . but now she's Candace Cameron-Burre (sp?) married to hockey player Pavel (sp?). :mad:

QLD
07-26-2002, 12:16 PM
She's married to a hockey player....huh, never knew.

Yeah, she was a total......well, I'll take the high road. But it's a funny story that I have to tell for the rest of my life.

Is that the girl who played Six (or whatever her name was), if so, she was real nice. Joey Lawrence was REAL cool too. What was real funny, is when he was introduced, all t he girls went crazy, saying I love you and such, well, as it quieted, I stood up and shouted I love you!! He died laughing. Classic moments. I will always respect him for being really cool. WHOAH!

DeadEye
07-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Jar Jar, for once we agree on something! Maybe we can be friends after all! :D I saw Eight Legged Freaks today and absolutely adored it. The spiders were very well done, and it was extremely humorous. My only real qualms are that the guns weren't handled realistically (no recoil on a shotgun? Yeah right! And the slide on Pete's Beretta should have been locked back whenever it was empty.) but it was realistic when a shotgun tore a spider to shreds.

And it was quite a family--Sam and her daughter were both hot. :D Jar Jar, I too thought the cat scene was a little over-the-top but well done.

My dad and I had our disagreements. He didn't like this movie much at all. Our thoughts were vice versa on the last movie we saw, The Sum of All Fears. He said it was a tense, terrifying masterpiece, while I thought it was one of the most atrociously boring things I've ever seen! Some would argue that SOAF is better because it's longer-- but I, for one, am more entertained by an hour and a half of spiders being blasted than I am by two and a half hours of a bunch of old guys standing around and talking and talking and talking! And the only "action" scenes in SOAF were basically all shown in the previews.

QLD
07-27-2002, 07:56 PM
Hopefully I will see this tonight!