PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if it is the same in the US, but....

britcit3
10-11-2001, 05:11 PM
I was in Liverpool TRU today, and I heard a tape playing on repeat near the action figure section.

Included on the tape was......

"Resistance is futile"

"Your culture will adapt to service ours"

"We will add your biological distinctiveness to our own"

Inspired by this recording, I scoured the entire store for Star Trek toys but found NONE.

Is this the same in the US.

BC3

JediTricks
10-12-2001, 10:42 AM
Playmates, the company that last had rights to make Star Trek toys (the company who was doing those Action Fleet-knockoffs, Strike Force, by throwing a fit with Paramount and demanding the ONLY toy license for Trek at the time) gave up the license after the line stopped selling, mostly due to Playmates' own mistakes (1701 problems, the Tribbles in package, exclusives, resizing the line, removing articulation, selling too few of core characters in main costumes) so no Trek toys are on shelves anymore :(, but next month, we'll be getting a 2pack of TOS-era Kirk and Roddenberry: http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=83&show_article=139
And Paramount is shopping around for a new toy manufacturer to take up the Trek line of toys. Perhaps Hasbro could acquire it and get the MM Trek line back in business.

britcit3
10-12-2001, 11:25 AM
One can but dream........

good shot jansen
10-12-2001, 11:33 AM
ack:confused:

if toy companies are gonna start makin' dolls of behind the scenes people, i want to see an edith head doll myself! complete with a full wardrobe of all her finest creations!

vulcantouch
10-12-2001, 12:07 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Studio/6419/JimmyGrace6.jpg
good EVE-UH-ning :cool:

LTBasker
10-12-2001, 12:11 PM
Yeah, a Gene Roddenbary figure, pretty cool lookin' to, on StarTrek.com they have a color picture of the 6" figure 2-pack and it's up for pre-order at NewForceComics. Really cool too, it's Kirk sitting in his Captain's chair and Geen has his hand on Kirk's shoulder, but the really cool part is that even though it's a memorable collectible 2-pack, the figures have major articulation, Kirk has 18 points and Gene has 16. Kirk also comes with his communicator and phaser, I can't wait for this set! :) We need a Jedi Luke & George 2-pack like this. :D

r2dee2
10-12-2001, 02:28 PM
LTBasker...in case you haven't seen this one, they do at least have half of your desire :)
George Lucas Doll (http://fan.starwars.com/LucasForce/lucas.html)

LTBasker
10-12-2001, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I've seen that George figure, just wish I had the dough to lay down for it. :( :D

britcit3
10-12-2001, 05:40 PM
Come on guys......George Lucas & Gene Roddenberry dolls?

Why?

BC3

LTBasker
10-12-2001, 07:11 PM
Well, Greeks, Romans and Egyptians all made statues of their gods... :D :p :rolleyes: :cool:

JediTricks
10-13-2001, 01:10 PM
Supposedly, Edith Head never did ANY of her designs, all her assistants did, she approved them for her name to be on them. I believe that would be something akin to "I don't make art, but I know what I like". ;)

Hmm, well think of this Gene Roddenberry figure as a statue in dedication to the great bird of the galaxy, in a fantastic pose with his arm on the captain's seat of the REAL original Enterprise. Or you can just have Gene tell your Playmates figures what to do on your homemade bridge playset. ;) While I really like Palisade's design here, the paints/colors on the prototype are leaving me cold, I'm hoping they're better in person.

SWAFMAN
10-14-2001, 12:54 PM
Kirk needed two extras? Lemme guess - one to facilitate re-enacting all his "girl in every starport" exploits, and one for his ego?

good shot jansen
10-15-2001, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Supposedly, Edith Head never did ANY of her designs

see this town? now git outta of it!

i don't buy that. nobody did stylin' in flicks better than hitch' (color, black and white, made no difference), and who did he turn to each and every time?

my fave is jamie lee's mom in slip and bra!:D :) ;) :D :) (now that's fashion talent!):D

of course Melanie Griffith's mom looked pretty good in everything too! (particularly the birds)