PDA

View Full Version : has ANYONE got PERFECT Anakin Hangar Duel?

Darth Trymybestus
07-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Has anyone got a PERFECT Anakin?
I've got 9 of this figure and 4 of them are pretty close but I went to tru the other day and there were LOTS of dodgy paint jobs.
I've got 4 of them with really good paint jobs but with the other ones they've had little specks of paint on the face which have been easily scratched off with a needle.
As you can tell ANAKIN SKYWALKER is my fave character from Episode II :)

hango fett
07-18-2002, 10:59 AM
i think the TA ani is better than the HD ani. but i don't have a TA ani yet, so i can't really say...

Darth Trymybestus
07-18-2002, 11:01 AM
oops, what I meant was has anyone got a perfect anakin hangar duel.. I mean a good paint job and good magnets etc?
I've just glued the arm cos I just display them

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 11:04 AM
I agree totally with your list of top 10 saga figures! :)
My HD Anakin is perfect, and I got him on 4/23.

odi-wan windu
07-18-2002, 11:07 AM
I have ani ta and I think he's better than hd. he's more detailed. he looks cooler. double handed lightsaber pose. metal lightsaber.

Darth Trymybestus
07-18-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I agree totally with your list of top 10 saga figures! :)
My HD Anakin is perfect, and I got him on 4/23.

thanks :) , I don't even have TA Anakin but it's gotta be number 2.
I got 2 Anakins on the 4/23 and they were both cool, good paint jobs, no loose limbs, good magnets etc etc.
I'm just more cautious about paint jobs with the saga line, I wasn't like that with POTJ, POTF2 or Episode 1, I think there have been some sucky paint jobs with this line... but if you get a figure with a good paint job etc etc it's cool!
The saga line still rocks!

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 11:21 AM
I want the TA Anakin so freakin' bad...my sig says it all. :)

Darth Trymybestus
07-18-2002, 11:23 AM
imagine what the Episode III Anakin figure will be like, it'll have a scowl that could turn milk sour :)

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Probably. Maybe a blue lightsaber and the red one he uses as Vader! Maybe, if the EP3 figures have gimmicks, he'd have "battle damage"! :D

Darth Trymybestus
07-18-2002, 11:31 AM
that's the cool thing about the Episode 1 line.. not silly gimmicks, the commtech chips were GREAT stands!
I can't wait to see what Anakin looks like in Episode III, I wonder when we'll see the first pictures like when we saw those first pictures of them in Australia walking to the set.
I wonder if we'll get a 4th saga basic Anakin figure, I'd like Anakin Skywalker - Jedi Padawan with a metal blue lightsaber, neutral pose and a cloak.

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 11:55 AM
I think the little thing that stands out with the Ep3 line will be stands, but the stands have the little hologram pictures, and when you move them around under the light, it moves and shows like 1 second of film footage that pertains to the character you have.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-18-2002, 12:36 PM
I like HD Anakin, but i don't open it. my friend opened his and got PO'd and just glued his arm on. He says it works like magic now!!

No no no no Episode III ideas!!! i'll get too giddy and we still got like 3 years yet!!! no!!! :-D

Chiesa
07-18-2002, 02:09 PM
In my opinion the TA Anakin is much much better than the HD Ani... It has a much better pose and the paint is better... Personally I got 2 TA Ani compared to 1 HD ani

DEADEYE>>> Patience is a virture... When your TA Ani comes you will savour it MORE!!! :)

TIE Pilot
07-18-2002, 02:20 PM
I ordered my Anakin HD online and just received it a few days ago.

The paint job is perfect, except for his lightsaber hilt. And the magnet in his arm is nice and strong.

BTW.. here's a tip for those who have Anakins with weak magnets:

Take a pair of pliers and grasp that little metal nub coming out of Anakin's arm and pull slighty so it sticks out a bit more. This way, the metal nub will come into contact with the magnet a bit better.

187-Maul
07-18-2002, 06:02 PM
well my HD has a good paint jod, pretty strong magnet and the lightsaber paintjog is pretty good too so in my opinion I have a perfect one:)

JediTricks
07-18-2002, 11:27 PM
The 2nd Ani HD I got, the one from Amazon.com, appears to be as close to perfect as I could expect. The magnetic arm works right, the face is painted right, the lightsabers are painted right... the left hand is still way freaky loose, but I think they all are, so can't fix that. The eyebrows on mine are a bit thin, but better than the giant eyebrows on my first one.

chubbychicken
07-19-2002, 02:37 AM
ive got the perfect face paint anakin hehe ^_^

stormie
07-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Attention!!
The HD Anakin is now shipping with a peg in place of the magnet in the arm. I picked up one last night. However (and this is a big however), you cannot tell which HD Anakin it is until you open it. The peg works beautifully...that arm's not coming off without trying! ;)

Darth Trymybestus
07-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by stormie
Attention!!
The HD Anakin is now shipping with a peg in place of the magnet in the arm. I picked up one last night. However (and this is a big however), you cannot tell which HD Anakin it is until you open it. The peg works beautifully...that arm's not coming off without trying! ;)

wow, that's cool, it doesn't bother me though because I just display mine and I glued the arm on.
Do you have pictures?

stormie
07-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus

wow, that's cool, it doesn't bother me though because I just display mine and I glued the arm on.
Do you have pictures?

I should have some type of picture soon...hopefully by Monday. I'll post when I do. :)

BTW, anyone have word of the Zam with the peg instead of the magnet?

stormie
07-19-2002, 10:22 PM
Okay, got the picture sooner than I thought I would. Here goes...
Enjoy! :D

Darth Narcis
07-20-2002, 01:39 AM
my anikan has a very good paint job, actually i have 2, one if good, one is about the same, not much difference that i can tell... and i havent seen too many bad anikan hd's...

Darth Evil
07-20-2002, 07:11 AM
My HD Anakin has a good paint job and the magnet is quite strong, it never comes off unless it is touched.

hango fett
07-20-2002, 08:19 AM
well...that means that the peg anikan is out now. the only problem is, how do you tell? by the date, or do you have to open it?

Darth Trymybestus
07-20-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by stormie
Okay, got the picture sooner than I thought I would. Here goes...
Enjoy! :D

thanks for the pic, the peg is definitely the way to go, I just don't like the magnets on the cut off arms etc.
On the POFJ Emperors Wrath Vader, that has a peg and it's so much better than the magnet.
Do you have an Anakin with the magnet too?
Which do you like best?

DarthSetnom
07-22-2002, 12:17 AM
I think the magnet was cool... i mean if you want to play with him it's a pain in the behind but really if you just want the figure for display, it works out great...

The Peg Anakin is not bad at all either.

And BTW I guess i had a "perfect" Anakin and he was not hard to find at all... actually every single Anakin i've seen here in Mexico looks great.

stormie
07-22-2002, 11:22 AM
I actually like the magnet-arm Anakin better than the "pegged" one--it works more like it should--whereas the peg arm has to be pulled off. Plus, magnets are just kinda cool. ;)

billfremore
07-22-2002, 11:24 AM
Has anyone got a PERFECT Anakin?
I've got 9 of this figure and 4 of them are pretty close but I went to tru the other day and there were LOTS of dodgy paint jobs.

I have to ask, why did you buy 9 of them?

Darth Trymybestus
07-22-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by billfremore

I have to ask, why did you buy 9 of them?

well, I think it's the best Saga figure... and I've got them all displayed in different poses and scenes around my room.
I swapped the blue lightsaber with luke bespin duel so I have an Anakin Tatooine Attack kind of version etc etc
I just really like the figure, I'm eagerly anticipating Tattooine attack

Jargo
07-22-2002, 12:54 PM
Well, I got mine on April 23rd. I was alone in the store and had a really good chance to root through all the pegs and cases on the floor to get one that had no paint defects. I think as far as pose goes it's pretty cool. The major drawback of course is the featured roller wheel in his back. Still haven't figured out how to fix that yet.... His hand is very wobbly but the magnet on mine is really strong. You can pick him up and waggle the figure around and the arm stays on.
The one lightsaber is plastic and as such looks prety poor compared to the metal one. But mine wasn't at all bent up by the packaging although i saw several that were practically bent in half in the blister. The hand magnet isn't that strong but does hold the lightsaber pretty well.
The legs were fine so mine stands up and don't fall over even with both sabers held out in front.
I think I got myself a pretty perfect one. Apart from it having the silly wheel feature in his back of course :(

billfremore
07-22-2002, 01:00 PM

well, I think it's the best Saga figure... and I've got them all displayed in different poses and scenes around my room.
I swapped the blue lightsaber with luke bespin duel so I have an Anakin Tatooine Attack kind of version etc etc
I just really like the figure, I'm eagerly anticipating Tattooine attack

I admire a man who does something like that.

I was afraid you were saving them to sell them.

Darth Trymybestus
07-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by billfremore

I admire a man who does something like that.

I was afraid you were saving them to sell them.

this is a hobby to me, not a business :)
I think the whole Jorg Sacul thing is way out of hand, Hasbro made it as an exclusive for the fans not for people to make a quick buck from.
When I go shopping for figures, I buy the ones I want and the ones I like, not the rarest ones just to sell like some people.
I laughed on the 23rd April when I saw some guy buying like 15 jango fett kamino escapes, that's a pegwarmer!