PDA

View Full Version : Ways GL could shock us!

Pendo
07-18-2002, 03:38 PM
What could George Lucas put into Episode III that would be unsuspected and shock fans, such as Padmé gives birth to triplets and NOT twins. Or Mace Windu turns to the dark side. What do you think GL could put into Episode III if he wants to spring a suprise on us?

PENDO!

anarky
07-18-2002, 03:41 PM
it could be revealed that padme's really a dude

or that chewbacca was an old pal of the jedi

or that r5-d4 was built by ensign ackbar and sold to young mace towani's dad, who used him as an astromech on his new ship, the millennium falcon

or that the emperor is secretly an ewok in a body suit

darthvyn
07-18-2002, 08:45 PM
here's something i posted on 5/25/02 that fits in nicely here...

so here's something that popped into my mind during that edge-of-consciousness before just waking up this morning...

bear in mind that i don't think this is too possible as a plot point, but is pretty plausible.

another interpretation of why ben says that vader murdered anakin skywalker is that it actually happened...

suppose the emperor cloned anakin (they could have somehow gotten the lopped-off arm,) and using accelerated growth and torturous education processes, created vader, who then killed anakin to take his place...

now, before everyone says "but ben later says that vader is luke's father..." maybe he's lying then, just because the whole story is so convoluted, to make it easier he just says, sure vader it telling the truth. "he IS your father... (from a certain point of view...)" yoda also says that it's unexpected. maybe the reason why they didn't bother changing luke's name is that they thought vader didn't have anakin's memories and thoughts, as if he was brought up as darth vader. but maybe somehow, through the dark side of the force, sidioius gave his clone all of anakin's memories...

remember, not too likely but very plausible

LTBasker
07-19-2002, 12:20 AM
They used models for the ship seqeunces!

They didn't spend so much time trying to show off the CGI

Lucas didn't write Padme with Lara Croft in mind again...

They brought back real guns for the blaster props

They trashed the current Clone Trooper gun idea and came up with something else.

DarthBatman
07-19-2002, 02:44 AM
We find out that the Clonetroopers actually being able to aim was a big mistake!

Jabba humped Shmi! Jabba is Annie's papa!

Anakin gets a new hand and throws away his big, goofy, mickey mouse - style golden hand!

Anakin doesn't duel (with a lightsaber) like a wimp!

Count Dooku is actually Wicket's father. That's why Wicket is mad at Leia at first in ROTJ, because her dad killed his dad!

187-Maul
07-19-2002, 05:06 PM
during the movie, padme cheats on anakin with mace windu and she gives birth to LANDO
anakin of course notices that it cannot be his child but he depresses his anger (like jedis should do) and acts like nothing happened
then later on, padme gives birth to luke and leia (this time they actually ARE anakins kids) but right after the birth she leaves anakin to marry mace and she wants to take the kids with here so anakin gets mad, his anger comes out, he kills mace and you guys now the rest...

so that's what yoda and kenobi ment with "there's another" since lando's dad was a jedi too
and we all know lando was the one who blew up the second death star, and what guys always blow up death stars? that's right, people who can control the force:)

now that would really be shocking:p

LTBasker
07-19-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
what yoda and kenobi ment with "there's another" since lando's dad was a jedi too
and we all know lando was the one who blew up the second death star, and what guys always blow up death stars? that's right, people who can control the force:)

now that would really be shocking:p

What about Wedge? He helped. ;)

DarthBatman
07-24-2002, 02:50 AM
Er.... Wedge is the illegitimate child of Yaddle and Ki Adi Mundi. Don't ask questions. You don't want to know the answers.

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 12:59 PM
If he shows that Qui GOnn is really not dead or has clones of all our heroes and they are evil dopplegangers.

Pendo
07-28-2002, 08:23 AM
Maybe Padmé won't be Luke or Leia's mother. It'll end up that Anakin cheats on her and it is someone else who gives birth to them!

PENDO!

Jon
07-28-2002, 03:59 PM
Maybe some kind of crazy twist that Padme turns to Obi-Wan during a problem with Anakin. Anakin discovers the betrayal of the 2 closest people in his life and that pushes him over the edge to the dark side and Obi-Wan and Anakin duel, but Obi Wan manages to escape with Padme. It becomes apparent that Padme is pregnant but neither know whether the children belong to Anakin or Obi-Wan. It is accepted among the Council that these are Anakin's children and that he has turned and is now the dark jedi fighting for Palpatine. They decide that Padme must go into hiding to protect the children from their father. Padme goes to Alderran to hide and has the twins there. At some point during the purge, Dooku & Anakin (now known as Darth Vader) could team up to fight against Obi-Wan and Mace Windu. Dooku and Windu could get killed leaving Anakin & Obi to have their epic duel. At the conclusion of Obi-Wan's fighting he returns to Alderran to find that Padme had complications during the birth and may never fully recover (leaving open the possibility that she could live a few years to ensure Leia has the memory of her mother). It becomes known that indeed Anakin was the father. Obi Wan is saddened by the news but swears to Padme that he will spend the rest of his life caring for and defending the twins from their father and the Emperor. He decides to take Luke with him into hiding someplace and leave Padme & Leia with Bail Organa. Obi leaves and meets with Yoda on Dagobah and Yoda instructs Obi Wan to stay close to Luke. And Yoda will keep watch over Leia from afar. Obi then goes to Tattoine to leave Luke with Owen & Beru and watch over Luke.
Also, the droids end up on Alderran as well. Threepio is turned into and interpretor droid for Bail Organa and his memories from before are cleared. R2 does not get rebuilt because we find out in the end that R2-D2 narrated the whole saga to us from his point fo view.
I guess the only shcok out of this unecessarily long little story is the cheating of Padme with Obi Wan and the question of who truly is the father.

El Chuxter
07-30-2002, 03:39 PM
Darth Vellner and anarky put forth an interesting theory here:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11773&pagenumber=2

What if Dooku is actually trying to infiltrate the Sith? What if the Obi-Wan joins him, not knowing he's a Sith Lord? What if Anakin is torn between loyalty to his mentor and to the Jedi Order and Palpatine? And what if he later finds out his mentor has joined with the man who cut off his arm? And kills Dooku when Dooku tries to take out Palpatine (to end the Sith regardless of his own inveitable fall to the Dark Side), only to find that he's doomed the galaxy?

I'm not sold on the idea, but it would be a shocker.

darthvyn
07-31-2002, 07:01 PM
here's my response to that...

Originally posted by darthvyn
i do feel that dooku's intentions were that of destroying the sith from the inside out, but remember that once you go down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

they also don't know that sidious is behind all this stuff, and i think they will assume that dooku is the dark lord behind all this. i don't think obi-wan will join dooku's side, after being sliced a couple of times, and almost killed at the hand of dooku. at the end of AOC, yoda says that dooku is deceitful about his claims that sidious is running the republic - they really feel that dooku is the mastermind here. the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the galaxy he didn't exist - or maybe that someone else is the devil...

so, no, i don't see any team up with dooku and obi-wan.

Darth Grifter
08-02-2002, 09:14 PM
han is really beru and owen's child who was stolen by the tuskens, sold to the jawas, lost betting jabba, raised for a bit, then lost in an off-world bet on a podrace to a wookie family and in the transport to the wookie dwelling, stolen by corellian gangsters and raised on the streets of corellia.

all this would be a sub-plot back story of course, not really having anything to do with the fall of anakin, but GL would put it in there because "the fans really like that character"

:p

Wookiee
08-07-2002, 02:38 PM
I like the idea of Padme and Obi-Wan falling in love. Maybe they never act on it, but it would throw a twist at Anakin, maybe enough to make him hate her and rebel against Obi Wan and his jedi's.

and I'm intrigued by the idea that maybe Padme is not Luke & Lea's mother. Padme always has those decoys floating around, maybe Anakin knocks one of them up by accident!

icatch9
08-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Chewbacca is really Lukes Father! That would be shocking :eek:.

Just kidding :D. Shocking will be showing us how the rebelion started off as the bad guys (the seperatist) and then turned into the good guys becasue the original good guys (the republic) turned into the bad guys (the Empire). That's what's going to happen, so I don't know if it's shocking or not :D.

billfremore
08-07-2002, 04:12 PM
No but that would be wonderfully ironic wouldn't it?

DarthBrandon
08-07-2002, 04:18 PM
It was all a dream, seen through Anakin's eyes.

icatch9
08-08-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
No but that would be wonderfully ironic wouldn't it?

You seem to disagree? I don't want to really get into an circular discussion/argument :), but it does seem to be leaning that way. The republic turns into the Empire. The sybol on the Jedi Star Fighter is the same as the Empires symbol. The seperatis opose the republic. They are going to opose the Empire when it rises too. I don't think we'll have a whole new faction. 3 groups of peple would just be to many. Clonetroopers turn into Stormtroopers. The battledroids are defeated and what is left of the seperatists turn into the rebelion. In ANH the rebelion is small, but I'd put money on the fact that the origins of the rebelion come from the speratists. Don't you think Bail Organa oposes the repulic due to it's army. I bet he's crucial in the creation of the rebelion.

Also, GL has said that the PT will make us look at the OT in a different light. My theory seems to support this statement.

I could be wrong. There could be an army of monkey that defet the battle droids, none of us know for sure :D.

Jedi Clint
08-08-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by icatch9

You seem to disagree? I don't want to really get into an circular discussion/argument :), but it does seem to be leaning that way. The republic turns into the Empire. The sybol on the Jedi Star Fighter is the same as the Empires symbol. The seperatis opose the republic. They are going to opose the Empire when it rises too. I don't think we'll have a whole new faction. 3 groups of peple would just be to many. Clonetroopers turn into Stormtroopers. The battledroids are defeated and what is left of the seperatists turn into the rebelion. In ANH the rebelion is small, but I'd put money on the fact that the origins of the rebelion come from the speratists. Don't you think Bail Organa oposes the repulic due to it's army. I bet he's crucial in the creation of the rebelion.

Also, GL has said that the PT will make us look at the OT in a different light. My theory seems to support this statement.

I could be wrong. There could be an army of monkey that defet the battle droids, none of us know for sure :D.

I disagree with your logic. I think that the Empire is the result of a sorely needed reunification of the wore torn factions of the Republic (loyalists and separatists) orchestrated by Palpatine. It is how he earns the title of Emperor. I think that the remaining Jedi start the Rebellion against Palpatine's new Empire. At first only a handfull of Senators are loyal to their cause, but as they are hunted to extinction and their supporters reach out to others, the Rebel Alliance grows to the meager proportions we see in the OT.

Darth Marra 54
08-11-2002, 05:36 PM
MY surprise would be that Mace is evil and Padme really does die
and Palptine is not Sidious.

jjreason
08-16-2002, 03:08 AM
Stolen from Mabudon: Anakin will hear the fateful line "No....I am you father!" from Count Dooku. Shmi wouldn't have admitted to Qui Gon that Dooku had knocked her up knowing full well QGJ had been his apprentice (assuming Dooku would have mentioned his apprentice to her). She would try to hide the truth from QGJ to avoid revealing the fact that his master broke the Jedi code. Doesn't really explain the outrageous midichlorian count.

OR Anakin is a clone, implanted from Palpatine's genetics into Shmi.

Both shocking, but only time will tell.

Pendo
08-16-2002, 07:50 AM
Jar Jar Binks is really Palpy's Sith Apprentice and kills the Jedi Council :sur:.

:rolleyes:

PENDO!

darthvyn
08-17-2002, 03:49 PM
shocking would be the final answer to the question:

who would win: yoda, dracula, or magneto?

DarthBrandon
08-17-2002, 05:50 PM
Shocking would be that George Lucas never makes Episode III.

Pendo
08-17-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Shocking would be that George Lucas never makes Episode III.

:eek: PLEASE don't say that, there are children around :p.

Shocking would be that it's better than ESB, but that is a shock I'd gladly welcome :).

PENDO!

Darkross
08-28-2002, 12:00 PM
1. Darth Vader is really Austin Powers...(YEAH BABY!)
2. Yoda is really Mini-Me in disguise!

Tycho
10-30-2002, 04:54 AM
Dooku is Anakin's father, Anakin kills him before he knows this.

Shmi Skywalker was lying.

Han Solo is a new genetic line Clone (of his father, Denn Solo's son)

Dooku was a good-guy trying to infiltrate the Sith.

Palpatine knew all about it.

Obi-Wan has a new apprentice (Anakin's quit to be a hubby)

Palpatine originally, though secretly formed the Rebel Alliance so he'd have someone to fight so he could keep declaring states of emergency until he could totally do away with a Senate, Imperial Senate, or otherwise.

Bail Organa will get into the fighting and fire blasters.

Anakin never falls into lava or anything hot that totally encloses over his body (see my thread about that).

Mace is killed by 14 year old Boba Fett - or he basically gives himself to the Force like Obi-Wan did in ANH.

Qui-Gon's ghost is running around because he can't rest in peace, and the Jedi learn to "come back" that way.

C-3PO has his memory wiped, or it's scrambled already from his battledroid mix-up. R2D2 never does - but is programmed for secrecy.

Cliegg Lars is dead by Episode 3. Owen runs the farm with Beru alone.

Watto, Jabba, and Sebulba do not appear again in the final movie. I don't see a reason or a place for them.

All the Jango-Fett Clones are dead - killed in battle and wiped off of Kamino before the movie. (See Dark Horse's comic on this, due out soon).

Padme is pregnant throughout the whole movie (in case any of you were expecting otherwise).

Hasbro makes an action figure of Padme, 9 months pregnant.

Pendo
10-30-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Dooku is Anakin's father, Anakin kills him before he knows this.

Shmi Skywalker was lying.

Han Solo is a new genetic line Clone (of his father, Denn Solo's son)

Dooku was a good-guy trying to infiltrate the Sith.

Palpatine knew all about it.

Obi-Wan has a new apprentice (Anakin's quit to be a hubby)

Palpatine originally, though secretly formed the Rebel Alliance so he'd have someone to fight so he could keep declaring states of emergency until he could totally do away with a Senate, Imperial Senate, or otherwise.

Bail Organa will get into the fighting and fire blasters.

Anakin never falls into lava or anything hot that totally encloses over his body (see my thread about that).

Mace is killed by 14 year old Boba Fett - or he basically gives himself to the Force like Obi-Wan did in ANH.

Qui-Gon's ghost is running around because he can't rest in peace, and the Jedi learn to "come back" that way.

C-3PO has his memory wiped, or it's scrambled already from his battledroid mix-up. R2D2 never does - but is programmed for secrecy.

Cliegg Lars is dead by Episode 3. Owen runs the farm with Beru alone.

Watto, Jabba, and Sebulba do not appear again in the final movie. I don't see a reason or a place for them.

All the Jango-Fett Clones are dead - killed in battle and wiped off of Kamino before the movie. (See Dark Horse's comic on this, due out soon).

Padme is pregnant throughout the whole movie (in case any of you were expecting otherwise).

Hasbro makes an action figure of Padme, 9 months pregnant.

Tycho you have some EXCELENT ideas there :)!!! I'd LOVE Hasbro to make a pregnant Padmé, perhaps it won't come with weapons but two little babies that you can push in and out of her :sur:!

I LOVE the "Obi-Wan's new apprentice" thing. That would make people think S/HE is Vader when Obi-Wan tells Luke he was his pupil.

PENDO!

Darkross
10-31-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Pendo

Tycho you have some EXCELENT ideas there :)!!! I'd LOVE Hasbro to make a pregnant Padmé, perhaps it won't come with weapons but two little babies that you can push in and out of her :sur:!

I LOVE the "Obi-Wan's new apprentice" thing. That would make people think S/HE is Vader when Obi-Wan tells Luke he was his pupil.

PENDO!

You've got to be kidding! Who wants a 3 3/4 figure that you can pretend to give birth with???? That's disgusting!!!

Tycho
10-31-2002, 12:32 PM
I didn't say I wanted THAT feature, but consider this:

a 3 3/4" figure that you can pretend to give birth with will cost you $4.99.

a 5'1"+ 'figure' with a real heartbeat that you CAN give birth with, will cost you thousands every year, the price of another's college education in about 18 years, alimony to your ex, the loss of your home and possibly half the value of your SW collection, pain grief, and the knowledge you will get to know a lot of lawyers really well....

(actually, I'm too young to have ever been married - well not technically, but I doubt I'll marry before I'm 30 anyway - but I've been there to observe other people's marriages, or the endings of... and hmmmm: each condom costs about 1/5 the price of a Star Wars figure. Consumer choices....)

Darkross
11-01-2002, 11:33 AM
(actually, I'm too young to have ever been married - well not technically, but I doubt I'll marry before I'm 30 anyway - but I've been there to observe other people's marriages, or the endings of... and hmmmm: each condom costs about 1/5 the price of a Star Wars figure. Consumer choices....)

Too bad...you don't know what you're missing...kids are great...and what better way to share your love of Star Wars. My son already wants to watch SW and he's only 2.5 years old. Anyway back on topic...

stillakid
11-01-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
What could George Lucas put into Episode III that would be unsuspected and shock fans, such as Padmé gives birth to triplets and NOT twins. Or Mace Windu turns to the dark side. What do you think GL could put into Episode III if he wants to spring a suprise on us?

PENDO!

Episode's I and II were a dream sequence and the new Star Wars release for 2004 will be the real Episode I, created with all the ingenuity, depth, and logical (for the most part) writing that created so many fans across the world. :)

But, that's just my opinion. :)

Rogue II
11-01-2002, 02:56 PM

A few years back I met a guy that was 25 years old. He was on his 3rd wife.

...As Darkross said, back to the topic...

I'm with you there, stillakid. I actually like Episode 1 better now than when it first came out, but it could have been a bit better. I don't know if anything GL put out in '99 could have been up to the hype surrounding it. We waited 16 years(?) for that movie. I have to see ATOC a few more times. I only saw it once in the theater, and I can't wait to buy the DVD. ATOC seemed jumpy. TPM had some of the same problems, like in the scene where Maul attacks Qui-Gon on Tatooine.

What would shock me in Episode 3?
-Jar Jar gets a bigger role than what he had in TPM

-After Palpatine wins the Clone Wars, the remaining Clonetroopers perform Riverdance in Palpatine's honor.

-The topic of midichlorians comes back up.

-In the Senate, the Ewok delegatoin from Endor throw rocks at the E.T. delegates during an arguement over who is the most adoreable species in the galaxy.

stillakid
11-02-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

ATOC seemed jumpy. TPM had some of the same problems, like in the scene where Maul attacks Qui-Gon on Tatooine.

Go see the IMAX cut. I'll be examining the cuts in more depth elsewhere later today (I hope), but the new edit is far more focused and doesn't seem as jumpy as the original does.

In fact, one of the reasons I may not get to the review is because I'm rebuilding my computer so that I can have editing capabilities. One of my projects will be creating my own Phantom Edit. :) I'm assuming that the IMAX cut will not be on the DVD so I'll have to do that as well sometime down the road. We'll see.

derek
11-02-2002, 06:03 PM
I'm rebuilding my computer so that I can have editing capabilities

if you do this, can you re-edit the anakin/obi-wan/dooku saber fight?

in regards to lucas coming up with a way to shock the audience, i doubt he will go in this direction. but the sideous/palpatine clone thing would be one (bad) way.

stillakid
11-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by derek

if you do this, can you re-edit the anakin/obi-wan/dooku saber fight?

How so? What do you have in mind?

derek
11-03-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by stillakid

How so? What do you have in mind?

the episode 2 saber duel seemed badly edited to me. one example that comes to mind is the obi-wan/dooku duel. almost as soon as the fight starts, dooku expresses disapointment in obi-wan's skills. that's not something that would be said right away, if i was directing.:) it just seemed to me like a huge chunk of their duel was edited out, maybe because lucas thought the film was running long, and wanted to save time for yoda or something? :confused: but it seemed really choppy to me.:)

you'd probably have to have access to everything they filmed for the saber duel to satisfy me though. :cry:

Darkross
11-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by derek

the episode 2 saber duel seemed badly edited to me. one example that comes to mind is the obi-wan/dooku duel. almost as soon as the fight starts, dooku expresses disapointment in obi-wan's skills. that's not something that would be said right away, if i was directing.:) it just seemed to me like a huge chunk of their duel was edited out, maybe because lucas thought the film was running long, and wanted to save time for yoda or something? :confused: but it seemed really choppy to me.:)

you'd probably have to have access to everything they filmed for the saber duel to satisfy me though. :cry:

I never thought that the battle was choppy...but I did find it rather short...considering that Obi-Wan was in his prime...he should have been able to handle Dooku a little better...considering his duel with Maul. I think that Dooku's comments were of arrogance to Obi-Wan...trying to intimidate him early on in their duel. Perhaps a large portion of the duel was cut out (I REALLY WISH THAT LUCAS WOULD MAKE THE LIGHTSABER DUELS LAST LONGER...AND BE UNINTERRUPTED! LIKE THE FIGHT SEQUENCES IN THE MATRIX!) Anyway...I was really disappointed that Obi-Wan fell with only a scratch on his leg...and that he couldn't defend himself when Dooku was ready to do him in.

Tycho
11-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Ditto to the last comment:

Obi-Wan is (in contemporary times) the most famous inter-galactic Sith Slayer there is!

Sure, for the plot's sake he HAD to lose that duel, but they could have made it even harder for Dooku.

I think what they did, was made it more impressive for Yoda.

Obi-Wan CAN fight almost that good, but I think they toned him down so they could tone Yoda UP. It's a theory. But it chooses to respect one character more than the other and it is hard, because while just about everyone is a fan of Yoda, Obi-Wan is a main character and he has his die-hard fans like myself!

Rogue II
11-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Is there voice commentary on the ATOC DVD? If there is, it will be interesting to see what they say during the lightsaber battles.

The Overlord Returns
11-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Unfortunately, the Kenobi/ Anakin/ Dooku segment of the duel was one of the worst duels in SW history. I do think they lowered Obi Wans abilities in order to have Yodas skills shine that much more. Not only that, but flippin' anakin lasted longer than Obi Wan!! And don't even get me started on the Kenobi/ Fett fight.....

One big surprise could be that Yoda knew all of this was going to happen,..........yet understood that it was destiny, and he was powerless to intervene.

Tycho
11-06-2002, 01:55 PM
We don't know if Yoda has a plan, or does not have a plan yet.

We don't know for sure that he knows anything, but I'd gather that it is likely.

Meanwhile, if Dooku and Mace have already self-sanctioned a private plan to infiltrate the Sith and destroy them from within, then Yoda may be waiting to see what the outcome of that is, regardless of whether he would've sanctioned it or not. It's done, and interfering now, jeopardizes Dooku's plan. Yoda's not happy about it, but he may have decided not to get involved at the moment. Trusing the Force to find its way. I don't think it's as fatalist as you put it, but there is an element there.

Meanwhile, we don't know that Obi-Wan lasted less time than Anakin. Some of his fight was happening while the movie followed Padme and the Clonetrooper making plans to find the hanger.

On screen, he had about equal time with Anakin, in each of their respective fights.

I think the Episode II duel was awesome. We had a post about favorite duels before. But mine always change depending upon what I'm in the mood for.

I think my favorite would either be TPM 3-way or ESB's Bespin.

ROTJ might be before AOTC, but ANH doesn't do it for me right now. But when I think about it, it's very cool too - but because of the characters, mostly.

derek
11-07-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Unfortunately, the Kenobi/ Anakin/ Dooku segment of the duel was one of the worst duels in SW history. I do think they lowered Obi Wans abilities in order to have Yodas skills shine that much more. Not only that, but flippin' anakin lasted longer than Obi Wan!! And don't even get me started on the Kenobi/ Fett fight.....

i'm glad at least we agree on this.;)