PDA

View Full Version : Jar Jar Binks National Boycott!!!??

Deoxyribonucleic
07-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Due to some MUCH appreciated information! :) I took the link to this URL down. The site was NOT real (which I wasn't sure of)and could have offended some people which is NOT my intention!

:)

Here's a more decent website...I'm sure most everyone has seen this one but it is a classic :)

http://www.theonion.com/onion2918/daycare.html

Jonna
07-18-2002, 04:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I never thought of that, I'm going to pick one up right now.

LTBasker
07-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I remember that. That's actually a couple years old.. Jar-Jar is cool, but I hope the person who thought that up got fired. Though they were probably rewarded... :rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
07-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Yeah, I remember that. That's actually a couple years old.. Jar-Jar is cool, but I hope the person who thought that up got fired. Though they were probably rewarded... :rolleyes:

Yup :) I found it wilst cleaning out my computer banks ROFL...I'd totally forgotten about it! Do you think it's real??? Seriously...I've no idea and you know people are crazy like that in this world and now I'm gonna die trying to figure out if it's real or not!!!!

I actually have this piece of candy too! Never did want to eat it! It's just too cool!!! :D

Beast
07-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Actually, for your information that website isn't even a real website. It's a joke website. Not a very good one, either. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-18-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Actually, for your information that website isn't even a real website. It's a joke website. Not a very good one, either. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks...and I just checked it out and it is STILL up and running! ...it is a strange one isn't it!?

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 05:06 PM
I don't understand. How is that a sex toy? :confused:

Beast
07-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Thanks...and I just checked it out and it is STILL up and running! ...it is a strange one isn't it!?
Yeah, they have some really stupid stories on there. It really makes baptists look bad, especially when people think the site is real. They had a grinch story that was real foul, and another Jar Jar one also that was posted here a while back. One of the smaller Star Wars collecting websites a while back, actually posted about this, and linked to the site thinking it was real. Luckily I spotted it and e-mailed the person who posted it, who quickly took it down. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-18-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I don't understand. How is that a sex toy? :confused:
I thought you were the ultimate ladies man? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 05:26 PM
Yeah...but all I see is a Jar Jar with an edible tongue or something.

Vortex
07-18-2002, 05:38 PM
Where's the link, I want to see too...:cry:

Vortex
07-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Wow, extremely funny and at the same time dark and disturbing...

Nice to see we have religious nuts running around protecting us from evil and taking away our rights as religiously free people to choose between buying devil candy and not buying it on our strong moral conviction:rolleyes: I'd like to see that religious branch go up against the islamic radicals...

Groups like that scare me, and just how sick and twisted do you have to be to view a candy like that.

I always say "The brighter the photo, the darker the negative."

While where talking about the onion and twisted sites...this one is a little demented, might be a tad rude, and I know we have a young group here with some of the kids, but take this as a warning. I found a link on it from the Jesus dance site when I was surfing for all those annoying hampster dance songs...

Disclaimer : This is a site that pokes fun at religion in a warped way. If you have deep religious morals, values and principles, believe every written word in the bible, and can't take a joke, or look at the other side of the coin, have fun with religion, don't bother. If you find it offensive, I've warned you in advance and please lodge all complaints with your diety at the time of your death. Thank you, have a nice day!!!

http://www.rossetta.com/

2-1B
07-19-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Yeah, they have some really stupid stories on there. It really makes baptists look bad, especially when people think the site is real. They had a grinch story that was real foul, and another Jar Jar one also that was posted here a while back. One of the smaller Star Wars collecting websites a while back, actually posted about this, and linked to the site thinking it was real. Luckily I spotted it and e-mailed the person who posted it, who quickly took it down. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Are you talking about the Onion or the other website? Or was the original website also the Onion? :confused:
Just curious, because the Onion makes alot of people look bad . . . :D

Beast
07-19-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Are you talking about the Onion or the other website? Or was the original website also the Onion? :confused:
Just curious, because the Onion makes alot of people look bad . . . :D
I was talking about the other original link website. It's a lame fake website, that is supposed to look like a real baptist website. It has really outragous stories, where everything is the work of the devil, and that everyone is going to hell. It just gives organized religion another black eye, especially when some people think that it's real. Not that I am at all a part or backer of organized religion, I just don't think it's fair...they way they are portrayed. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-19-2002, 02:15 AM
Copy that, Gungan leader. :cool:

edited out my rant, it wasn't against anybody here, just way too off topic.

QLD
07-19-2002, 12:08 PM
I love The Onion. It is usually very cleverly done.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-20-2002, 12:42 PM
I love the onion too however, this particular site that was up was not of "the onion" :)