PDA

View Full Version : Carded Pictures of Lott Dod and Tusken Raider w/ Massiff

Beast
07-18-2002, 05:40 PM
For folks like Big Barada that have trouble getting Rebelscum to load, here are the pictures. The Lott Dod looks very nice. Wish that the Holo Sidious would have come on the walking throne though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Edited by Administrator
Rebelscum wanted their images removed so we removed them.

Beast
07-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Hard to tell, but looking at the bottom of the Tusken's robes, it looks like they may have given the Tusken soft goods. Hopefully he still comes with the removable head feature. On second look, it seems to be just a better weathered paintjob, bringing out the detail in the plastic cloak. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Edited by Administrator
Rebelscum wanted their images removed so we removed them.

187-Maul
07-18-2002, 05:44 PM
hey JJB there already is a thread about this:D (I thought I could never say this to you)
but Lott Dod looks pretty sweet but the Tusken is really lame considering he's just a rehash
hope he has a removable head feature this time

Beast
07-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
hey JJB there already is a thread about this:D (I thought I could never say this to you)
but Lott Dod looks pretty sweet but the Tusken is really lame considering he's just a rehash
hope he has a removable head feature this time
Yes, I know that there is a thread about this. But the title of that thread is really vague, and there wasn't any pictures uploaded. I wanted to make sure that the people that wanted to see the images, knew that they were available. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
07-18-2002, 05:47 PM
A removable might make the Tusken worth buying..

How is the title vague? The thread was supposed to be about the Tusken Raider...

Beast
07-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Adam
A removable might make the Tusken worth buying..

How is the title vague? The thread was supposed to be about the Tusken Raider...
No worries, Adam. I just meant that you mentioned the Tusken in the other thread, but not Lott Dod, yet he was brought up. Plus some people have trouble with Rebelscum loading. Just consider this a companion thread. Again, thanks for the heads up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-18-2002, 05:54 PM
that is the exact same tusken as the POTJ one! it looks to have the same articulation and everything! what a rip!

Lord Tenebrous
07-18-2002, 05:59 PM
(random grunts of disapproval)

Beast
07-18-2002, 06:03 PM
The POTJ Tusken Raider is a good figure anyway, and army builders will like this as well. Seriously, what is to complain about in this case. The best Tusken raider sculpt, with 8 points of articulation, re-issued with a slightly different weathering paintjob, and most likely a removable head. Plus you get another Massiff, without having to buy a second Geonosian w/ Massiff. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sith Lord 0498
07-18-2002, 06:06 PM
I would've liked to have seen Lott Dod come with holo Sidious on the walking holoprojector. Granted, it was Nute and Rune in that scene, but the accessory can be put with those figures. Instead we just get the same thing that's packed in with Dooku.

Now if they decided to pack in Dooku with Lott Dod instead of his accessory, that would make for a hot item... :)

Adam
07-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Allrighty thanks for the pics.

Brodie
07-18-2002, 06:30 PM
hey,
this is completly unrelated,but Hango Fett,where did you get your avitar(spic?)picture from?that is the best photo I have ever seen,can you direct me to a larger size version??

Thanks alot!:D

The True Maul
07-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Brodie that pictures at starwars.com in Image attack! :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Teehee I like Lott Dod's removable hat. :D
Any clue as to what these guys' numbers are?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Another rehash?! Oh well. What are their numbers?

MikeAndTheBots
07-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Do any of the collection 2 figures have magnets though? I thought col 2 was for the non-action feature type stuff.

Fixer
07-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Booo! First Ki is a barely retooled repaint, now this. Oh well, I guess H-bro must continue to recoup its losses from the E1 Mauls that are still on the pegs at my TRU. I am wishing a wish of wishes that it has the removable head feature. Lott Dodd is great, however.

(PS - JJB, love the avatar. Where can I get my "Hassel'tar?")

Lord Tenebrous
07-18-2002, 06:54 PM
No number designations yet, probably soon though. And Ki has a magnet in his hand. So it's possible.

The Tusken only looks right with the rifle from TA Anakin, and since I'm not getting Anakin, no Tusken for me.

Lott's clothes are the wrong shade (like Rune and Nute before him), he's too short, and his head is fat.

All these misfires make me crave Ephant. Then it's time for a break.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2002, 06:56 PM
I believe if they're already carded, they'd be given numbers.

Lt Kettch
07-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Are those "soft goods" that i spy on lott dodd.... cuz if they are *shakes fist menacingly*

i do not like soft goods.

hango fett
07-18-2002, 07:02 PM
well, i could use the new tusken for my tatooine attack diorama......it's due out october, right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2002, 07:04 PM
Probably October. I'm surprised we haven't seen carded Padmé or Ephant pics yet, those were announced before these. Really, I haven't seen loose pics of Lott or the Tusken.

The True Maul
07-18-2002, 07:06 PM
I agree with Mr. Jabba there should have been pictures out by now. :)

hango fett
yes...those are soft good on lott dodd. sucks, huh...

Lord Tenebrous
Lott's 100% plastic, probably with the same mobility that Nute's plastic robes gave him.

http://www.pegwarmer.com/dodd.jpg

And these are just front pictures. The numbers won't be determined until a side or back scan is presented. Unless you have the Shining, but then all our problems would be solved, eh? ;)

Rogue II
07-18-2002, 07:09 PM
Well, I was looking foward to the Tusken Raider. Now I'm not so sure. Yes, he would be good for an army builder, but he has no weapon. I might get him, or I may just track down another POTJ version. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Battle Droid
07-18-2002, 07:13 PM
Damn 2 rehashes the Massiff & the Tusken, the Massiff didn't even get a bone to pick at. Hasbro is getting lazy... and cheap.

And why did Holo Sidious come with Dodd, Dodd didn't even have anything to do with the Naboo Invasion, Gunray was behind it. Someone at Hasbro needs to watch the movie.....

How lame...

fourtwo
07-18-2002, 07:13 PM
i'll put my two cents in here for everyone who doesn't care.
LOTT FRICKIN DODD!.
its about time. thats all i have to say. jarjar i must agree, the lack of walking holochair is a bit of a let down, but who knows, perhaps and episode I accesory pack will come out sometime with one.

the tusken and massif i may get at some point, not as exciting as LOTT FRICKIN DODD!

Beast
07-18-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Well, I was looking foward to the Tusken Raider. Now I'm not so sure. Yes, he would be good for an army builder, but he has no weapon. I might get him, or I may just track down another POTJ version. I guess I'll just wait and see.
True, he doesn't have a weapon pack-in. But the Anakin: Tatooine Attack comes with both a Tusken Rifle, and a Gaderffii Stick. So if your getting an Anakin, you have your choice of weapon for the Tusken. And if you want a bone for your Massiff, there is always the bone from the Rancor Deluxe Beast w/ Luke. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
07-18-2002, 07:20 PM
I don't have the Rancor or the bone. :(

Lt Kettch
07-18-2002, 07:24 PM
yes...those are soft good on lott dodd. sucks, huh...

hango are we the only ones who do not like soft goods?

i personally hope both of these figures are all plastic.

LTBasker
07-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

True, he doesn't have a weapon pack-in. But the Anakin: Tatooine Attack comes with both a Tusken Rifle, and a Gaderffii Stick. So if your getting an Anakin, you have your choice of weapon for the Tusken. And if you want a bone for your Massiff, there is always the bone from the Rancor Deluxe Beast w/ Luke. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by Battle Droid
I don't have the Rancor or the bone. :(

Or just a small chicken bone from a thigh or something after eating at KFC. ;)

Battle Droid
07-18-2002, 07:29 PM
Hehe, yeah I guess that'd work LTB. :)

The Massiff should've been free of it's chains though, they weren't chained up in the camp. I'll just take it off it then..

The Tusken better have a removable head since it's just a rehash, or Hasbro is in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

The True Maul
07-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Lt Kettch,Hango, I agree with you both unless it looks really good on it then I think it's cool!! ;) :)

Battle Droid
07-18-2002, 07:42 PM
I wonder if we'll see the Destroyer Droid: Arena Battle, Clonetrooper: Republic Gunship Pilot, and Jango Fett: Slave 1 Pilot carded pics soon?

I hope the Destroyer Droid isn't a rehash, they better fix that middle eye, and have it fold up. It'll probably be the unreleased one from the Jar Jar vs. Destroyer Droid 2 pack since that's what they did with Qui-Gon and that DD already has the blast effect, though that one doesn't fold up I don't think, it's the best looking DD yet, and the 3rd eye is fixed on it. :)

Forhekset
07-18-2002, 07:44 PM
I sorta like soft goods, but they don't always really look right...for example, take a gander at the robe from JSP Obi-Wan. That thing looks like some oversized brown parka, not a Jedi's robes. Anyway, my reaction to these figures:

:(

I'll probably get Lott Dodd for another Neimodian, but that's pretty darn cheap throwing in the Holo Sidious from the Dooku figure...and the Tusken Raider is so unbelievably cheap, it's downright...unbelievable! Lessee, POTJ Tusken, thrown in with the same Massiff that comes with the Geonosian...the only people who should buy that Tusken Raider are people who missed out on the POTJ Tusken (and I bought one from a person here on the forums for $5 - they aren't that hard to come by). Even then, if you don't want him to look ridiculous with his arms molded in position to hold a rifle, you'll HAVE to buy a TA Anakin or find another rifle or some sort of staff to give him. Pfftt. Hasbro can stick that cheapo Tusken where the twin suns of Tatooine don't shine. I refuse to buy rehashed garbage just because it has a SW logo slapped on the package.

Ok...now that my rant is over with (I did have a bad day at work today actually, so I guess that's why I'm rather venemous) - Thanks for the pics and stuff JJB. :)

Rogue II
07-18-2002, 07:49 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well, I didn't plan on buying that Anakin. I was thinking about it, and I have an extra rifle from the Episode 1 Accessory Pack. So, I do have a weapon for him. Hopefully, the Saga Accessory Packs will do well and they will produce further sets like a Tatoine version, among others(but that's another thread).

Forhekset
07-18-2002, 08:01 PM
By the way, that doesn't look like soft goods on Lott. I thought it was at first glance, but I checked the pic more closely and I think he's plastic.

starwars92570
07-18-2002, 08:03 PM
If you have seen the Carded Back pictures of the Republic Gunship then, you can see two yellow clone troopers in the cockpit.

hango fett
07-18-2002, 08:14 PM
i like soft goods to a point. if it's like obi-wan JSP, then that's cool. if it's the way i think it is on lott, no. the way it looks is just way to flimsy. besides, the pic that tenebrous (sp) posted is just the prototype. they could have changed it....i hope not,...

hango fett
07-18-2002, 08:16 PM
you know...i think it is plastic! praise the sw god! i was just tired when i looked at it before....he better not be rare...or the tusken...

Lt Kettch
07-18-2002, 08:19 PM
i took yet another look and i think that the whole thing is plastic except his little scarf

Rogue II
07-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
....he better not be rare...or the tusken...

It will probably be like the Chewbacca/Endor Han/Pilot Obi Wan: Hard to find at first, then turns up in masses.

Beast
07-18-2002, 08:59 PM
Repeat after me, "This is a movie year, nothing will be rare". Everyone is so worried about figures being rare, but your forgetting that the only reason there were some rare E1 figures was because it was an all Episode I line. And the figures that were rare for it, didn't even get released until 2000 when the line was starting to die.

But with the E2 figures shipping with the rest of the line, in a combined line. It ensures that nothing will be rare, cause the Saga line is likely to last for many many years. I don't see hasbro dusting off another totally new line, like they did when POTJ took over from POTF2. Atleast not for a while. Maybe after Episode III has come and went, but not anytime soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
07-18-2002, 10:01 PM
I still have yet to find Dooku, or any new figures past the Bespin Vader wave.

thespar
07-18-2002, 10:05 PM
after looking at both will probally end up buying both. i will have to go along with the rest theTusken RAider w/ Massiff was very cheaply done by hasbro but may be they well re do them the time they come out.

Beast
07-18-2002, 10:21 PM
The sad part is, this is somthing that alot of people usually ask for. Army builders to be re-carded in the new lines, and salted back in the line, maybe with minor changes for people that want some differences in the figure for their dioramas. :)

Just remember, this was commen practice in the vintage years. But back then it was the exact same figure on a new card. Atleast in this case your getting some added weathering, and a nice pack-in, as well as probably a removable head. :cool:

I don't think we would be seeing as many complaints if this was a commtech stormtrooper, or somthing like that. Remeber, you don't have to buy it, but it's avaliable for those that do. And for ever figure we get like this, Hasbro can use those saved sculpting dollars to be used on big boys like Ephant Mon. :D

Same with figures that only have the standard articulation, for every figure they save money on just with the standard 6 points, they can give us figures with excessive articulation for the same price. Just my two republic daktaries. ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
07-18-2002, 10:24 PM
very good points there jjb. maybe done the road we will get another cool figrue.

Jason B
07-18-2002, 11:16 PM
I see a lot of pointless complaining in this thread. Hasbro screwed up, by releasing a Massif with a Geonosian. They fixed it, by releasing it with a Tusken. I think it's excellant. Massif's don't come with a weapon? Big deal. Tusken's don't come with weapons? Buy the TA Anakin, it comes with the weapons for two of them, after all, they are meant to go together. Why would you buy the Massif and Tuskin, but not the Anakin to go with it? Doesn't make sense to me.

Battle Droid
07-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Massiff's are on both planet's so they didn't actually screw up, just made a figure from a cut scene.

I'd also buy the Anakin long before the Tusken.

bigbarada
07-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the consideration JarJar.:cool: As for the figures themselves.......**yawn***

Wake me when Ephant Mon is released.:zzz:

Forhekset
07-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
I see a lot of pointless complaining in this thread. Hasbro screwed up, by releasing a Massif with a Geonosian. They fixed it, by releasing it with a Tusken. I think it's excellant. Massif's don't come with a weapon? Big deal. Tusken's don't come with weapons? Buy the TA Anakin, it comes with the weapons for two of them, after all, they are meant to go together. Why would you buy the Massif and Tuskin, but not the Anakin to go with it? Doesn't make sense to me.

What doesn't make sense is your reasoning for buying both figs. Why would I buy the Massiff and Tusken and not TA Anakin? Um, cuz I already have a good Anakin and don't really want TA Anakin? Not to mention Tuskens do exist without Anakin around...it isn't like the entire concept of the Tusken Raider is pointless without TA Anakin. Sand people WERE in the first Star Wars movie, you know. :rolleyes: Although in this case, I don't plan on buying either of those figures, actually.

Your post just restates one of my points, anyway. Why should I feel motivated to buy a figure just because without it, another figure is incomplete? That's a cheap sales tactic. Not unheard of, but crappy all the same.

JarJar, I dunno about the removable head. You said that TA Anakin w/ unpainted magnet was just a prototype, but I've heard that the final fig has the unpainted magnet, from people who have the figure already. So you've been wrong before (even if only a couple of times :D ). Seriously though, I wouldn't doubt Hasbro just shoved the old POTJ Tusken out and didn't give it a removable head. After all, that Tusken massacre scene is REALLY short in the movie. It's a somewhat important scene, sort of, but the details are rather vague. I can see Hasbro not putting a "secret battle feature" in.

Jason B
07-18-2002, 11:55 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off so harsh. :o
I have two Massif's, and I probably will buy two with Tusken's, just to match, or whatever.

Lord Tenebrous
07-19-2002, 12:05 AM
We could technically blame Lucas, because if the Massiffs on Geonosis hadn't been cut, the Tuskens would have had a creature called a Faybo in their camp.

Hasbro should have at least altered the Tusken's right arm, which was one of the complaints about the POTJ release, the pose without the rifle was limiting. And the Massiff isn't complementary to the Geonosian's, which makes it a stale accessory for them both. There's no motivation to buy butt-scratching Tuskie. Especially when there were still Sniper Tuskens left during Target's POTJ clearance.

I figured Hasbro would run out of imagination anyways, just as the toys are. We're too lazy to read through books to find accessories to sculpt...so let's allow collectors to army-build Sidious holograms!

Should have been a Neimoidian Bird Cage. That pylat bird is kinda cool...

LTBasker
07-19-2002, 12:07 AM
As I stated in the recycling thread, if you don't want the Tusken w/ Massiff, don't buy it. Get the massiff from the Geonosian set and then just toss the Geonosian aside or in your Geonosis diorama/group. If you don't want to buy TA Anakin for the gaffi stick, then take it away from the Tusken Mother. I doubt she'd go into combat with a baby on her back, so let her walk the doggie while the Tusken Raider from Massiff pack goes to fight.

Jason B
07-19-2002, 12:09 AM
I didn't even realize that the female Tusken came with one too. ...

Nebulaz
07-19-2002, 04:21 AM
awesome figure, when is it getting realsed to the brand of us??

Rogue II
07-19-2002, 07:15 AM
I don't blame Hasbro for the Massif roblem.

I was thinking about buying one of those CORPS! action figure packs. I'm sure the shovel from the construcion pack will fit nicely into the Tusken Raider's Hands.

Now, if I could only get that tray from TC-17. Then I could serve the Tusken Raider's head to the massif on a silver platter.

JEDIpartner
07-19-2002, 08:27 AM
I don't blame Hasbro for the Massif problem... Now, if I could only get that tray from TC-17. Then I could serve the Tusken Raider's head to the massif on a silver platter.

The only thing wrong with the Tusken's Massif is that it comes with a leash. The leash and harness are cool, so I will overlook that. I'll probably go off and get that POTF2 Tusken now. I was hoping it would have a weapon as well. I don't recall seeing a Gaffi stick packed in with Anakin. Oh, well. As far as TC-14's tray goes... I doubt that the head would fit on it since it has the despenser and cups moulded onto it. ;)

SirSteve
07-19-2002, 09:08 AM
Rebelscum wanted their images removed so I removed them. I didn't have to but I did it anyway.

Beast
07-19-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
Rebelscum wanted their images removed so I removed them. I didn't have to but I did it anyway.
Well that is pretty damn assinine of them. It's not like you took them removed the logos and passed them off as yours. It was me, a forum member...sharing their unaltered images with the forum members here. They were even credited in the thread. Maybe if their darn website wouldn't load slower then molasses, people would be able to view the images there. :rolleyes: :p

MTFWBY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-19-2002, 09:22 AM
very ture, jarjar. we have a cable modem (roadrunner) and it takes about 2 minutes for it to completely download. it takes sirsteves about 10 seconds.

SirSteve
07-19-2002, 09:28 AM
I agree, nothing was wrong with what you did JJB but that's just the way they (RS) work... don't worry, I'll be able to post my images soon (have had them for awhile, just waiting for the ok).

Beast
07-19-2002, 09:37 AM
Wow, and I thought that site couldn't drop any lower on my list of favorites. You would think as long as their logo wasn't altered or removed, and they got credit they would like the fact that they were being shown off.

Especially since isn't the most important thing, making Star Wars fans happy and keeping them informed. Sometimes I miss the old days, when the sites seemed to be more friendly and actually worked together. Ever since Rebelscum acquired it's new "deep pockets" they have been even more arrogent then usual. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The True Maul
07-19-2002, 09:39 AM
JJB you speak the truth!!!!!!!!! :)

Rogue II
07-19-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Oh, well. As far as TC-14's tray goes... I doubt that the head would fit on it since it has the despenser and cups moulded onto it. ;)

Curses....foiled again.:frus:

I've seen some loose POTF2 Tusken Raiders on E-Bay. They don't seem relatively cheap. Then again, I found someone willing to pay $7+ on a loose POTJ Tusken Raider.

SirSteve
07-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Wow, and I thought that site couldn't drop any lower on my list of favorites. You would think as long as their logo wasn't altered or removed, and they got credit they would like the fact that they were being shown off.

Especially since isn't the most important thing, making Star Wars fans happy and keeping them informed. Sometimes I miss the old days, when the sites seemed to be more friendly and actually worked together. Ever since Rebelscum acquired it's new "deep pockets" they have been even more arrogent then usual. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Everything you said is pretty much what I told them! ;)

Beast
07-19-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
Everything you said is pretty much what I told them! ;)
What can I say, great minds think alike. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
07-19-2002, 09:58 AM

Curses....foiled again.:frus:

Actually, the dispenser comes off the tray, only the cups are molded on to it. So, I think your Tusken head will fit fine :D.

About Rebel Scum...pffft, fo'get about dem. I'm tired of the way they seem to want to play this game. They act like they're the only game in town, and they're not. SSG is the only site I regularly go to - I only check out RS when someone says they have new photos, but that isn't very often. Well, they just lost a hit...

About the Tusken, I, too, am angry, and I don't go along with the: "if you don't like it, don't buy it" mentality. The reason being that they're going to put this thing out, and probably (more than likely, odds dictate) that they'll never bother with making another Tusken Raider figure. And let's face it, we really don't have a decent Tusken figure. I won't even touch on vintage, but the POTF2 was bad (okay for back then, I guess, but not now); the one that came with the Bantha was just as bad, as I've seen it; the POTJ is okay, but as said, the pose is limiting, and now we just get it again?
We will never have a decent Tusken now, that's why I'm complaining about the rehash. What if someone want to do that scene in ANH? Where the sand person is holding the staff over his head? You can't do that with these current versions...
With all the army builder figures that we have, that have only one pose to them, it looks very weird. All the clone troopers look the same (not trying to be funny, but they're all in one position, can't even move their waists), and I have to do little things with them (like have one shooting up, and one shooting down) to make them look slightly different. Same with the Tusken camp I have going. There isn't much you can do with the Tusken female (she can't bend over or anything like I saw her in the movie, I think chasing after a Tusken child), but I don't want to add the redundancy of 3 or 4 Tusken males standing around, looking exactly the same. We need to break up the monotony.

Eh...I'll probably buy it though, because I only picked up one POTJ Tusken. But I would have preferred something different because I could try to pick up a POTJ version on the after market someplace.

*sigh*

End...

aceguide
07-19-2002, 10:12 AM
No complaints here - new figures are always welcomed! Even if their "newness" is questionable.

JEDIpartner
07-19-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Lman316
Actually, the dispenser comes off the tray, only the cups are molded on to it. So, I think your Tusken head will fit fine :D.

"Oh, yes... I remember now..."

It's been so long sing I removed that from her tray that I forgot it was on a peg. I know a place where I can get a POTF2 Tusken Raider on card for about $6.99... no big deal. :D

Rogue II
07-19-2002, 01:05 PM
Sad thing is that I will most likely never get the TC-14 or his tray. Since I don't plan on forking over $20 to get it. Now there is a figure I wouldn't mind seeing repackaged since I never got one the first time.

Max Power
07-19-2002, 01:26 PM
isn't the most important thing, making Star Wars fans happy and keeping them informed.
Jar Jar Binks

No, No, NO...

The MOST important thing is getting the "exclusive" pictures first (even if it means dis-obeying Hasbro and posting them when you know you shouldn't/can't) and then forcing the Star Wars figure fans to sit and wait 2-4 minutes for the site to load because it's the only place to see the pictures, all in the name of getting hits on your web-site so that you can get more money from your advertisers!

:rolleyes:

Geez JarJar, if you ran a web-site, you wouldn't make ANY money... all you'd have is a bunch of happy collectors excited about Star Wars visiting your site!

:)

Max Power
ooh, that name...

Jargo
07-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Anyways.... I like the Lott Dod, removable hat, dark colors, one more 'boring old fart' figure to add to the collection. He's customisable because he doesn't have a silly hat glued to his head or molded onto it. It's just cool to get the senators. This is a welcome addition as far as I'm concerned.

The Tusken is blaaaaaaaah. Take it or leave it. I have two POTJ Tuskens and two Massifs so I don't need it. Unless it has magnetic detachable head and then it's absolutely essential that I buy it because it's a variation and that makes it absolute gold and worth at least $3,000,000 on EBAY......!!!!!! :rolleyes: Yeah right, what-eveeeeer.........

LTBasker
07-19-2002, 03:18 PM

What can I say, great minds think alike. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Actually you're all just copying me. :happy:

People have several choices on getting weapons for their Tusken w/ Massiff (as for the harness on the Massiff, IIRC it is removeable)

-Take the gaffi stick from the Tusken mother
-Take the gaffi stick or rifle from TA Anakin
-Take the rifle from the E1 Tatooine accessory pack
-Trade for the weapons from someone who doesn't want the stick or rifle from their TA Anakin
-Buy it off of ebay or someone.

I actually don't mind the Tusken Raider so much now, I've been wanting to get more for a diorama, and most likely I'll get 1-2 Anakins for dioramas and more Tusken Mothers so I'll have plenty of rifle and gaffi stick Tusken Raiders. :)

Thumb Wars
07-19-2002, 06:55 PM
it figures, i'm visiting family for a day, and i miss the pics. i really wanted to see the tuskin w/masstiff!!!! i hate rebelscum, it take too darn long to load any pages. and being on a dial-up, it doubly frustrating!!!!

droidekas2
07-19-2002, 07:18 PM
Lott Dod is awesome of course. Need more senators.
So many many awesome characters to do and we get another rehash. It would have been ok if they gave him new arms but as it is it sucks. It was just available on POTJ.

Jason B
07-19-2002, 10:36 PM
I wonder if I still have the pics in my temp files. I'll check.

Jason B
07-19-2002, 10:39 PM
Yep, still have it. What's your email Thumb Wars? Can't attach files in PM's.

Beast
07-19-2002, 10:41 PM
I still have them, and I would repost since I think it was ignorent that Rebelscumbag asked for them to be taken down. But Steve said that he would be putting his up soon, so best thing to do is just sit tight. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jason B
07-19-2002, 10:44 PM
Yes, Sir Steve took them down for a reason, I'm not going to go against that. ;)

Jedi Juice
07-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Shoot, I missed the pics too! I've never been to Rebelscum.com so I guess this is a fine oppurtunity to venture to that website. Haha.

jdmarlow
07-20-2002, 03:52 PM
I think Lott Dod looks awesome. We need more senators!

Thumb Wars
07-20-2002, 04:05 PM
anyone know how long till sirsteve puts them up?? because if its only going to be a few moe days, i can wait till then. but if its another week or so, jason b, i'll have you email them.

SirSteve
07-23-2002, 10:46 AM
I cannot help it if other people post them. ;)

My source still has not replied back to me if I can post the ones I have yet. :(

hango fett
07-23-2002, 12:44 PM
well, that sucks. i just wish that we could see destroyer droid/jango pilot/carded padme'/carded ephant.

DARTH DUBIOUS
07-23-2002, 03:01 PM
It's the 23rd today. There's comic con at the end of the month which is just a few short days away really. Surely there we will see stuff we haven't yet seen which should go some way to sate the hungry maw of the collector.....

I saw the pics when they were originally posted and they are quite nice indeed...

DARTH DUBIOUS
07-23-2002, 03:03 PM
hmmm, how naughty of me....

Beast
07-23-2002, 04:21 PM
Thanks for reposting them, Darth Dubious, fight the power of the evil Rebelscum opressor my brother. SSG Power! ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
07-23-2002, 04:35 PM
i just been to rebelscum website and i think i will stick with the guys and gals here at sirsteves for my toy news

hango fett
07-23-2002, 05:02 PM
yeah...that is the smart thing to do, thespar.we have a much better atmosphere over here.

BlahBlahBlah
07-23-2002, 05:20 PM
While I still think you guys over react too much, I still don't understand why they (Rebelscum) wanted the pictures taken down when they're POSTED ON THEIR FREAKING WEBSITE.

I mean, Jesus, if they didn't want the pictures seen, why post them on their site in the first place? Oh well, I'm still sticking with both sites.

thespar
07-23-2002, 10:44 PM
when i was there unless i was in the wrong area a think they took them down as while.

Beast
07-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Here is a picture of both Lott Dod and the Tusken Raider w/ Massiff loose. Lott is looking very good with his hat on, and the Tusken isn't to bad. It looks like they got rid of most of his wrinkles on his lower cloak though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-24-2002, 05:41 PM
but, do you know yet if he has decapitation action? :D
hango:evil:

Thumb Wars
07-24-2002, 10:37 PM
YEA!!!!! i get to see them!!!! i am very happy that Lott Dod's hat is removable. but is it me or does that Tuskin look like a re-hash of the Power of the Jedi Tuskin?? it seems with the arm poses, it looks similar??

Rogue II
07-25-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Thumb Wars
YEA!!!!! i get to see them!!!! i am very happy that Lott Dod's hat is removable. but is it me or does that Tuskin look like a re-hash of the Power of the Jedi Tuskin?? it seems with the arm poses, it looks similar??

Why don't you go back and read some of the earlier posts.:rolleyes:

LTBasker
07-25-2002, 03:09 PM
Wooh, from those pics the Tusken Raider with the Massiff leash looks terrible. However I tested my Geonosian's Massiff on the Tusken Mother the other night and she doesn't look bad holding it. Just give the gaffi stick to the Tusken Raider and voila. :D