PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here from Bangkok or Singapore?

187-Maul
07-18-2002, 06:30 PM
since I'm going to Australia next week and am staying 2 days in Bangkok(sp?) and 2 days in Singapore I wanted to ask if somebody here knows where to find SW figs there and how much they cost
I know there's this big mall in Singapore but I don't know if there is a toy-store or maybe even a tru in there. Does anybody maybe know the name or website of the mall?
thanx

Chiesa
07-19-2002, 09:09 PM
Hey there 187-Maul... Figures are pretty expensive here as compared to those found in the states mainly due to shipping costs I think or they just want to make a killing!! Prices can range from S$20-S$25... The malls here are pretty much poor variety wise... Those in the malls go for S$17.90... But the more rare figures are found in speciallised toy shops which are all located within the town area itself... Hope this is useful to you for now... If you are still interested I can give you more details to exactly where etc etc etc... :)

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 02:07 PM
but that aren't US dollars are they ? I just hope not....
well I'm still pretty interested where exactly I can find some more figs, any help would be great
oh and BTW do you maybe know if they have mcfarlane figs and how much they cost?

Chiesa
07-20-2002, 02:58 PM
Hey there! Well the prices I quoted you are in Sing Dollars (S$1.00 == US$1.80)... Yes there are MacFarlane Toys here but since I aren't too interested in them I do not know the price... When are you coming over?? Perhaps I can check it for you when I pass by the toys r us or some shop... ;) How much are the basic figures there in Paris?? Hopefully you could tell it to me in US$... BTW... what AOTC figures do you actually need and I think I can help you find them!!

Cheers:D

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 06:38 PM
well I'm flying on thursday to Bangkok, on sunday I think further to Sydney and then about 5 weeks later to Singapore
I'm interested in any fig that's beyond wave 1 collection 1 (jango ke, ani, obi, padme, r2, 3po, kit fisto and SBD), well not exactly all beyond that but allthe jedis except yoda and hd ani and some other figs like dexter jettster or BD
here in france you can only find wave 1 coll. 1 for 10 euro (about 1:1 to US$) and since about a week also fb jango, gr mace, female tusken, and the preview figs but for 12 euro each
it would be realy cool if you could check the prices on the mcfarlane figs, it actuallly doesn't matter what line since they're usualy the same price
I'm attaching my SW want list (with pics) which I usualy give to my when he's going to the US so he can get me some figs:D

not mentioned on the list (that I want but haven't put on there yet) are:
Anakin TA
Ki-Adi Mundi
Darth Maul (new one)
Teemto
Battle Droid

it would be cool if you could just give me an idea about what is availible where (like wave ... in toysrus)

thanx

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 07:27 PM
oops the filesize was too big
ok so I'll post the figs just here in a list

Luke Bespin
Dexter Jettster
Luminara
Nikto Jedi Shaak Ti
Plo Koon
Seasee Tiin
Djas Puhr
Zam Wessel
Jango FB
Tusken Female Clotrooper Red
Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid
Teemto
Anakin TA
Ki-adi Mundi
Darth Maul

preview:
Zam Wessel
Jango
Clonetrooper (multiple)

and some more POTF2 and POTJ but I'll leave that away

Chiesa
07-22-2002, 02:49 AM
Wow... that is kind of many figures that you want there... Basically the figures sell for abt S$17.90 (almost 10euros) at TRU and some other local department stores... But the range there is quite small... Not too sure what excatly you can find there... But I would suggesting going to other smaller speciallized toy shops that are around the town area... But these shops sell basically what you want... But at a slightly higher price of S$20-23... But I have yet to find the Ki-adi Mundi though...

Just wondering how old are ya? :) Thats abt as much info I can give you now... Haven't been in town for the past few days...

Cheers

187-Maul
07-22-2002, 09:00 AM
I'm 15
but I'll probabaly buy most figs in australia since I just got an answer from another guy in another forum about the price there and they cost 12.76 AUS$ in K-mart and 13 in TRU which is about 7 US$ and that price is a bit better then in singapore
but if I won't find that much stuff (I want to do BIG shopping:D) I'll buy some more in singapore
still thanx for your help

Chiesa
07-22-2002, 09:23 AM
Wow I must say that you will definitely enjoy your SHOPPING!! Wow I didn't know australia was that cheap... Could you fill me in on what they have there... I would love to get some from there as well... Presently AUS$ is lowered than that of singapore... And I got quite many friends residing there now...

187-Maul
07-22-2002, 10:04 AM
I don't know what figs exactly are there but I was told that Big W has figs for 12,76 Aus$ as well as K-Mart and that TRU has figs for 13 Aus$ and that they even have (maybe had, don't know) POTJ figs too

if you want to check the answer too, it is on the reblscum forums under international collective under the thread "anything new in Australia/NZ", on the last page
ah who cares, here is the link (my name is 187-Maul there too) http://forums.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000128;p=48#00 1656
hope this helps:)

Chiesa
07-22-2002, 10:48 AM
Oh ok...Thanks for the additional information...I just hope that you really enjoy your stay here in our little country!! I think its a shoppers paradise... Hopefully you will find what you did not find in Australia... Just keep in touch if you want anymore stuff... Maybe you could pick up stuff for me there too and I could like pay you once you are here... We could always jsut arrange somethings... That would be just cool...

187-Maul
07-23-2002, 06:54 AM
they onl problem with trading is that I would have to put all the figs in my suitcase and that wouldtake up much sace (since I want to nuy pretty much myself) but my dad maybe takes his laptop along and I can contact you from australia and we'l see then
BTW are you carded collector? I collect loose
oh and what's your email? mine is yannick_ludwig@hotmail.com

Chiesa
07-24-2002, 12:19 AM
Hey....

Like you I'm a loose collector... I really am looking forward to like starting an army but I just find that it is not really worth paying soo much for them here in Singapore... Reading the forum and hearing people saying that there are clearances going at like US$3.99... How I envy them!! I mean if I can save like 7 bucks on figures like those in Australia, naturally I would be interested to get them... Anyway my email is ndlim@singnet.com.sg :) Keep in touch with mail or through this thread...

Cheers :)

187-Maul
08-29-2002, 06:42 AM
hi Im back !
I'm sorry that I haven't answered you till now but I really didn't have time for it
but I can tell you, I got me lots and lots of figures :)
in total 24 to be exact ! so lets start:
Luke Bespin, Dexter Jettster, Zam Wessel, Jang FB, Chewbacca, Obi Wan JSP, Plo Koon, Shakk Ti, Djas Puhr, Luminara, Bo Shek, preview Clonetrooper, Zutton, Captain Typho, 2x Battle Droid, Sebulba, Kabe & Muftak, Nikto Jedi Knight, Saesee Tiin, Duros (for customization), Ki-Adi Mundi, Teemto and Count Dooku
but I only found Darth Maul Unleased in Singapore (Suntec Mal, Carrefour for 40 bucks)
now I finally have all the figs from the saga line till teemto but the only problemnow is that I'm almost broke :(
oh and don't think I;m rich or something cause 10 figs of themare still in their package and waiting till I can open them on my birthday (cause I didn't have the money to buy them yet but my parents bought them and keep them till I can buy them myself from them (that's a little system of us if I find something I really want but can't afford it yet)
bangkok, australia ans singapore were really great but I'm kinda glad to be home again :)
so that's all from me till now
c ya

Chiesa
08-29-2002, 09:38 PM
Wow thats really one heck of a shopping trip that you made!! I don't ever think that my parents would get me that many figures.. maybe not even 1... I really envy the support your parents gave ya!! I'm just glad you enjoyed your stay here in Singapore... Boring place aren't it? hehehe but hoped you enjoyed the cleaniness of the place... I will keep in touch with ya in the forums then...

Cheers :D

hansolo
09-25-2002, 09:33 AM
Hi I'm from Singapore. Recently I began to take in Star Wars to sell at my father shop at Jurong Point. SpeedMac Hobbies #03-10.

I do have the latest stocks.
For eg. I got the pilot waves 2 weeks ago and CQ are still laggin behind. And the best thing is all prices stick to retail. Regulars are often given special privileges and discounts.

Current Star Wars Stock at SpeedMac:
Basic Figurines (all SGD$17.90)
-Jango Fett Pilot
-Padme Pilot
-Yoda
-Count Dooku
-Jango Fett kamino Escape
-Anakin Tatooine
-Chewbacca
-Han Solo

12 inch Electronic (A set of 2 SGD$100)
-Jango Fett
-Obi Wan Kenobi

POTF2
-Princess Leia Ceremonial

Join our mailing list to obtain up-to-date info on our latest stocks. (We do have Transformer too)

http://asia.groups.yahoo.com/group/speedmac/

Overseas buyer are strongly welcome. Email me for price and shipping quotation.

Thanks!
Ming Yang
tmingyang@hotmail.com

Chiesa
09-25-2002, 11:48 AM
Hey there... Its nice to hear someone else from Singapore in the forum... You got the current wave of products? I think you missed out on the clonetrooper pilot... If you do have it... I'm interested in 3-5 of them... Hope you would reply soon...

Cheers
:D:D:D

hansolo
09-25-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi

I brought in 2 cases of Pilot Waves on 12 Sep. The CT Pilot was sold out within days. However if you need the Gunship, do let me know. Also, you can join my mailing list to know what goods are coming in. And members got to reserve their items.

Ming Yang

Chiesa
09-25-2002, 09:57 PM
Ok... i just signed up... the nick is limjitwe...

Damn I thought I could get my hands on more of those little pilot critters!! :(:(:( Oh well I hope to reserve more in the next shipment...

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

hansolo
09-26-2002, 01:42 AM
Hi

Thanks forjoining. I will post whenever I have new item. I also do take in pre-order. Items available for you to order now is Gunship, 12 inch CT (Red & Yellow).

humsup
10-02-2002, 02:03 AM
Howdy? Just drop by to say HI!! :)

Chiesa
10-02-2002, 03:51 AM
Hey Humsup... its great to see another Singaporean here on this forum! hehehe... which sections of the forums do you visit?

Cheers
:D

humsup
10-02-2002, 08:06 PM
I spent many a lonely months in this forum as the only one S'porean around. Till today... finally a couple of my countrymen finally came out :)
I collects mostly 12" figures as well as 3.75" (but only keeps the trilogy characters). No vehicles for me.
Recently, my interest in SW wanes a little and I was looking into selling some of those extra figs ... but yet to have time to sort out my inventory yet. Till that day comes.
Meanwhile, enjoy your stay here :)

Chiesa
10-03-2002, 02:30 PM
Well I'm just into collecting 3 3/4" figures... Basically I just get what I need and what I like... I kinda like building armies (storm, clone troopers, battle droids) and stuff now, but you got to agree with me that its not cheap to do so especially here in Singapore... :(:(

Well after my exams I'm probably going to build dioramas to enhance the displayability(is there such a word? HA! guess not) of my figs... :) But of course it won't be anything on a large scale!!

Maybe I can take some of your unwanted stuff... Perhaps perhaps... Hee...

Cheers...

hansolo
10-06-2002, 07:20 AM
I also hope to build my own diorama one day, but I really dunno how to start. Is being "non-artistic" a good excuse?

Chiesa
10-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Yo... I got the Elphant for 18 but I have to get it as a pair with my Lott Dott... :)

hehehe well I'm not that creative a person myself... But all I can tell ya is that there are websites to teach you how to do these kind of things... :) And I guess the best way is to get some hands on... I'm still waiting for my exams to end before I actually start getting to it...

Cheers...

hansolo
10-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Which shop at where?

Yup, I also have to wait for my A levels to finish first.

Chiesa
10-24-2002, 04:04 AM
From the Falcon's Hangar at Bukit Timah Plaza. But I think he is out of stock at the moment.

HanSolo... I ordered the 2 Spiderman posters from you. I think I will wait for my exams to end before I go and collect them personally. It ends at Nov 22 :D My NTU friends are too lazy to go there for me. Is that ok with you?

Cheers...

hansolo
10-24-2002, 09:08 PM
No problem at my side. You can collect it anytime you want.

Good for you, my exams will only on 26 Nov. After which 1 month later, will be my NS enlistment.

Chiesa
10-24-2002, 11:06 PM
Eh good luck bro for your 'A's The feeling now probably sucks. I know as I've been through the same thing before! I will see ya after your exams then...

Cheers...