PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I found my Rebel Transport playset!

JediTricks
07-18-2002, 10:20 PM
I was so bummed that I had lost this great ship/playset, but I found it yesterday. This is still one of my favorites, it's a kinda boring playset but as a ship it's fantastic. It still has all its pieces inside, so that's a major score too as I had expected it to be empty.

LTBasker
07-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Congrats on finding it!

Isn't it close to being scale with the micro-machine figures?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-19-2002, 12:18 AM
Nice find JT,

I remember a while back you said you were looking for one and I too was on the lookout for one of them for ya. Never came to fruition though. I did see tons of them though at TRU months before but they didn't last long there.

good shot jansen
07-19-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Isn't it close to being scale with the micro-machine figures?

it's not so much that it's on scale with mm's, but that it, as well as the falcon, royal starship and star destroyer mm playsets are bigger than the 6" that action fleet was limited to.

these four playsets are way more in scale with the af line, and i guess galoob was able to sneak around the size limitation by calling them playsets (not vehicles), and placing them in the mm line as opposed to af.

you could also make a case for the double takes death star.

imho, no action fleet collection is complete without the inclusions of the larger mm playset vehicles.

SWAFMAN
07-19-2002, 12:57 PM
imho, no action fleet collection is complete without the inclusions of the larger mm playset vehicles.

great... just great. now you've gone and tempted me into wanting openers of these sets!!!! :eek:

Besides the rebel transport, falcon & star destroyer, are there any others?

good shot jansen
07-19-2002, 08:29 PM
from the original trilogy, those three (and also the double takes death star) are the only ones, frpm episode I there's the fabulous royal starship repair playset (man i wished that ship came with removable panels, that would have made it oh so awsome!), the transforming mtt naboo battle field (this thing is actyally in scale woth action fleet vehicles, cause baby, that thing had to be big), and finally, (i think) the transforming gungan sub/otah gunga playset. I never got one of these (i never got one of the transforming slave I's fer the same reason.......zero interest, these things are not in scale with anything). i wish they had made a transforming trade federation lander! that would have been the tops baby!

haggie
07-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen

IMO, the Collector Fleet Star Destroyer and Super Star Destroyer fit the bill too. Thier large size makes them simlar in scale to the AF line and they come with display stands. Although they don't have any figures or "play features" so some may disagree that they are anything like AF. :D

JediTricks
07-20-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Congrats on finding it!

Isn't it close to being scale with the micro-machine figures? Thanks! :) I honestly have no idea how close it is to scale since there's never a really clear showing there. I *think* from the technical stuff I've read that in scale, it'd be about 3 or 4 times as large since the pod on top is a multi-person cockpit.

LBC, I was looking for a new one because I had lost this one for a couple years. :D

GSJ, I think the Falcon playset may actually be LARGER than Action Fleet scale, that sound right to you? The transforming Gungan Sub playset is WAY above scale though, I have it, it's easily twice as big.

I think if you count the Death Star, you'll have to count Cloud City as well, but I count neither personally ;).

Haggie, the collector's fleet SSD is in scale with the galoob Die Cast Star Destroyer, which is awesome IMO! I think the CF rebel blockade runner is close to Action Fleet scale.