PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro is doing a lot of recycling lately

JediTricks
07-19-2002, 12:34 AM
What the heck? Hasbro seems to be on the recycling kick lately. Here's some stuff they've recycled of late:
metal saber hilt from Kit Fisto to Ani HD and Dooku
Preview Jango's blast effects with Djas Puhr
Power FX X-wing into the TRU X-wing (I almost don't mind this except for the painful price on a recycled ship)
vintage/potf2 landspeeder's hovering gear into the new Landspeeder along with
POTF2 Tatooine Luke into new Landspeeder
Ponda Baba, CTC Greedon, and Momaw Nadon into the 3 Cantina sets
each Cantina set has the same exact piece of the bar
Super Battle Droid in the Deluxe Yoda set
Power FX R2-D2 into Saga R2-D2
Dooku's sidious hologram with the upcoming Lott Dod
Massiff recycled into upcoming Tusken w/ Massiff
recycling POTJ Plo Koon's head
recycling POTJ Saesee Tiin's head
Ep 1 Ki-Adi-Mundi into Saga Ki-Adi-Mundi (supposedly, very few changes)
all 4 accessory packs have recycled figures and some recycled accessories too
recycling some Action Fleet vehicles and battle packs into figureless Action Fleet
POTJ Tusken recycled into upcoming Tusken w/ Massiff

Heck, on that last one, they didn't even seem to alter the Massif or Tusken Sniper at all. I can accept recycling 300th Fett's backpack for Kamino Escape Jango or recycling Obi-Wan Coruscant's saber with Obi-Wan Pilot, but some of these seem a tad excessive to me.

bigbarada
07-19-2002, 12:39 AM
I have a bad feeling about this. The vintage line started recycling just before the death of the line and GI Joe started seriously recycling figures in their last few years of the line.

I think it is a precursor to what we can expect in the future, more rehashed and retooled figures, less original sculpts.:(

Jason B
07-19-2002, 12:41 AM
I hate the sound of that. :(

Battle Droid
07-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Super Battle Droid in the Deluxe Yoda set

At least in this case it's an improvement. :)

LTBasker
07-19-2002, 12:50 AM
Kit's, Dooku's, and Anakin's sabers appear to be metal versions of Plo's saber design..which looks like E1 Mace's hilt.

Djas Puhr wasn't the only one to get Preview Jango's blast effects, same goes for Boba Fett and the Endor Soldier, but that I don't really mind because those are the best ones.

The lightsaber in the role-play Jedi Accessory set looks alot like E1 Mace's.

Shaak Ti's and Nikto Jedi's lightsabers are recycled in the Arena accessory set but with different colored blades.

The SAGA Battle Droid's blaster rifle isn't recycled though! Nope, they remolded it special for the Saga Battle Droid in Navy Blue gummy plastic while Padme and Mace's Battle Droid got the Black sturdy plastic versions.

I think they're just trying to regain from the losses of the E1 line since they were failing with POTJ due to the higher prices and not too good distribution due to lack of interest by the stores.

Some of the recycles aren't bad, while some could've been not bad if they hadn't been lazy with them - like them keeping the lever on the Battle Droid in the Arena Accessory set...

Forhekset
07-19-2002, 12:58 AM
The worst offense yet, to me, is that POTJ Tusken slapped on a card with the Massiff that comes with the Geonosian. They could have at LEAST given him one different arm or something instead of that dang rifle-holding pose. They couldn't even throw in a Gaderffi (erm, how do you spell that?) stick or anything. You're supposed to just buy TA Anakin to complete the figure. Whatever Hasbro. I won't buy any old piece of recycled crap that you stick in a shiny STAR WARS package. I feel sorry for completist collectors who feel compelled to buy up some of this trash.

LTBasker
07-19-2002, 01:02 AM
Fine, don't buy it! Just get the Massiff with the Geonosian Warrior! Case solved.

It's no big deal, the Tusken Raider is a good figure anyways, and the Massiff is good, just consider it that either way we're getting two figures for the price of one which would be more expensive if it was still POTJ. But if you don't want it, don't buy it. The Tusken Mother seems more like someone who wouldn't be going into combat, so just buy her, take away the gaffi stick, then give it to the Tusken w/ Massiff and let her walk the dog.

Jason B
I am a new collector, this is the first line that i've bought figs for, and I like the idea, simply becuase I can't find Tuskens. I want to set up a Tatotoine and a Geonosis mini-diorama. I just wish that everything wasn't so hard to come by. :(

Beast
Ok, I decided to share my opinion on most of these. I know we don't always see eye to eye, JT. But this is nothing against you. This is just the alternative viewpoint. I don't see a problem with packing the same blaster effects into different figures. Isn't a good thing to have a standard that fits on several weapons. That way if you loose one, it can be easily replaced? That would be like complaining cause so many figures come with Stormtrooper rifles. :)

What's so wrong with the price of the Power FX scale TRU X-wing. Not only do you get a proper scaled X-Wing with a great paintjob, no more annoying stickers to have a pain putting on. But it also includes a Dagobah R2-D2 and equipment. :)

The hovering feature on the old Landspeeder's was always good. Nothing to complain about there. Why try to re-invent the wheel, when you got it right the first time. Besides, the wheels are finally clear this time. And not to mention the rest of the vehicle is all new. That's the big seilling point. :)

The Ponda Baba, Greedo, and Momaw Nadon in the Wal-Mart Cantina sets have been retooled. The Momaw Nadon figure is much more accurate, not only in clolor but also his outfit. The CTC Greedo was a good figure, but again they used the wrong color vest. That has been corrected in the new set. Ponda Baba has had the most changes, he know has the often requested removable arm, as well as having jointed knees so he can sit. :)

The Super Battle Droid has been resculpted slightly, to be more movie accurate. I wish that they would have moved the red "light" to the correct spot, but it still improves on the original release. The first one wasn't a bad figure, it just needed to put it's arm in the correct firing placement. :)

I agree, packing the Sidious hologram in with Lott Dod was pretty cheap. They should have atleast sculpted it atop the walking throne, so that you could have used it in scenes. It does atleast add a little somthing to the figure. :)

I don't see a huge problem with re-using Plo Koon's and Seasee Tiin's POTJ heads for the Saga figures. It's not suppoed to look like a different charecter after all. Again, why re-invent the wheel. But they did give the Saga Seasee Tiin a better paintjob. :)
The E1 Ki-Adi-Mundi was a good figure, adding some arm articulation, a lil retooling, and a bit of a different more detailing with paint, doesn't mean Hasbro's being cheap. Again, see the re-inventing the wheel thing. Ki-Adi-Mundi is one of the better early E1 figures, and the sculpt still stands up to the POTJ and Saga improvements. :)

The accessory sets are ok. They do allow people to pick up Death Star Troopers for a decent price. As well as helping army builders with Scout Troopers, Hoth Soldiers, and Battle Droids. And you get alot of accessories that are pretty cool. :)

I spoke on the Tusken with Massiff in the other thread. This was commen in the vintage line. But back then all you got was the same figure on a new card. People have been asking for re-packaging of army builders for a while. If they would have done somthing like this with a Stormtrooper there would be alot fewer complaints. Atleast here they added the Massiff, and from what I understand he will still have the removable head feature. The POTJ Tusken was the best Tusken sculpt anyway, again why not save a few bucks here, and release an already good figure again. Then take the figure profits, and instead of having to pay for the sculpt, it can help make more figures like Ephant Mon a reality. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Rainman
07-19-2002, 04:12 AM
JJB...your point was well made. Save money and make more fan choice figures. :D

JediTricks
07-20-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I have a bad feeling about this. The vintage line started recycling just before the death of the line and GI Joe started seriously recycling figures in their last few years of the line.

I think it is a precursor to what we can expect in the future, more rehashed and retooled figures, less original sculpts.:( I wish you were wrong, but it feels to me like you're right.

Forhekset's point about the Tusken being a big rip is how I feel too, it's not like Hasbro had to pay for a new design, if they weren't going to alter this specialized sculpt at all, then at least they coulda thrown in some proper accessories for collectors like Jason B who will get a figure designed specifically to hold a gaffi stick or a rifle but comes with neither.

JJB, the hovering feature on the Landspeeder is too low to the ground and apparently requires the body of the toy to be limited to a short height. I loved it on the vintage speeder, but that was 25 years ago, it's not a perfect system and they COULD do it higher - they choose not to. The Power FX Xwing requires little retooling or even many new paint apps - they didn't have to pay a design team a bunch of money to do it because it was already done - yet it comes to $40. You can nitpick every one but it's still recycling, it's not a new design thus the consumer is paying the same price for an item that requires less design costs. Look at that list of your excuses for Hasbro, my point about this thread was that their recent recycling seems excessive and your post is HUGE because there is a lot going on lately.

Tycho
07-20-2002, 05:44 AM
Well, there's no reason for me to buy the Tuskens.

I love it when I can skip a figure and save a little money for a future army of another figure or two.

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 08:09 AM
I don't feel obligated to buy every figure. I'm not knocking people who do. Re-issued figures aren't always a bad thing. It gives collectors a chance to pick up things they missed. I was glad to see the AT-ST come back. However, I still think the Tusken Raider/Massif re-issue was a little quick. I also don't like the lack of an accessory.

Originally posted by Tycho
Well, there's no reason for me to buy the Tuskens.

I love it when I can skip a figure and save a little money for a future army of another figure or two.

It is cool, isn't it? I got my Chewbacca last week. The next figures I'm waiting for are the Target Accessory Packs and Ephant Mon.

bigbarada
07-21-2002, 02:25 AM
I finally saw the Massif with Geonosian yesterday, but decided to pass so I can just wait for the Tusken. I never got the POTJ version so that one isn't such a big deal. However, they could have at least retooled the arms if nothing else.

Remember when exclusives were never-before-made, all-new-sculpts figures? Sure there were some re-hashes (Millenium Minted Coin crap-inna-box); but it never seemed this excessive. It just gives me bad vibes, as I watched the death of three of my favorite childhood toy lines (SW, GI Joe, Transformers) and these new tactics are verrrrrrry familiar.

For a little bit of Star Wars vintage toy history, here's a list of all the "brand-new" POTF figures who were simply retooled or slightly modified versions of previous figures:

Han Carbonite - Han Endor's arms and legs
Romba - Teebo's arms and legs, Wicket's spear
Imperial Gunner - AT-ST Driver's body
A-Wing Pilot - retooled B-Wing Pilot body
Luke Stormtrooper - retooled Stormtrooper body
Warok - Lumat's bow and quiver
R2 pop-up saber - retooled R2 body and legs
Lando General - Skiff Lando's head

Now I will admit that there were some figures retooled from previous toys (the removable limbs Threepio, periscope Artoo, Luke Bespin with ANH Luke's head), but those were few and far between. POTF was the first line where most of it's new figures were simply rehashed versions of old figures. It signaled that Kenner knew interest in the line was dying and I think Hasbro feels the same way right now.

sith_killer_99
07-21-2002, 10:54 AM
Don't go knockin' the vintage Stormtrooper Luke. I still can't afford one.:cry:

LOL

I don't mind some of the re-hashes. In particular:

Target Exclusive Accessory Sets
Wal-Mart Exclusive Cantina Sets
Saber Hilts (If it will help cut costs and allow Hasbro to mfg METAL hilts)
Superior Head Sculpts (POTJ Mon Cal Officer was just a re-hash of Ackbar with a different paint deco)
The up-coming X-Wing (But that's just me. I never bought the old X-Wing.)
Blast effects (No big deal.)

Some a pretty bad:

Tusken with Massiff (I understand re-releasing the Tusken. They still should have retooled him. I don't mind the Massiff itself, he's really more of an accessory.)
Ki-Adi-Mundi (Just seems kinda weak)
POTF2 Tatooine Luke with Landspeeder (Hasbro always seems to have trouble with pack-ins.)

Just my 2 cents.
;)

jdmarlow
07-21-2002, 11:35 AM
None except the Tusken Raider and Ki-Adi Mundi really get me. Those two are sorry additions to the collection. They are just simply not needed.

cameo
07-21-2002, 12:22 PM
I would rather have new sculpt on the basic figures, but I'm enjoying the new figures, and we'll be getting around 70+ this year, I can deal with it. As far as accessory sets and vehicles, they have always reused the same molds, even in the vintage lines. Its a good way for new collectors to get older stuff, and it helps keep the price down. At least they are changing some of the details and adding some features to make it unique. I really doubt this is a sign that the line is coming to an end, I think hasbro had a huge year and is looking to save themselves a little $$$.

bigbarada
07-22-2002, 01:35 AM
Think about this, Hasbro (being a multi-national conglomerate run by stodgy old white guys who never had to work for anything in their life) is, as a rule, ultra-conservative when it comes to toy lines that are selling very well.

They only experiment when the line is in trouble and those are usually ill-thought out, last ditch attempts to breath some life into the toy line. Sound familiar? Action features, magnetic hands anyone?

We might have to face the harsh reality that, while we are loyal (to a point), we might not present enough of a market to keep the line afloat much longer. I'm sure Hasbro has a "poison pill" clause in their contract with Lucasfilm that will allow them to cease production in the event of disappointing sales.

Now that you have that little thought to brighten your day, I can stop being the Messenger of Doom for awhile.:)

Herby
07-22-2002, 08:12 AM
I will say Mundi bothers me the most. The Tusken Raider doesn't bother me at all, I mean you're only paying $2.50 for each of them. The Original Massiff w/ Geonosian was a great deal for 5 bucks, doing it again with a Raider is actually pretty cool. I've already got both figures, but I'll buy them again as a set! The more the merrier. Other reuses of things have made sense to me...I won't hold it against Hasbro for not resculpting "gun blazes" whenever they release a new figure, I'm just happy to have them included in the first place.

AmanaMatt
07-22-2002, 07:32 PM
I agree with some of what JT is saying, though aside from the Tuskin/Massiff thing, which is disappointing (Hasbro just saved me 5 bucks, though), most of his points strike me as minor irritations.

My take on the good, bad and ugly:

The K.A. Mundi is ok - bugs just a little.

A recycled figure with a ship is not a new problem, I really buy these things for the vehicle, anyway. The awful pilot with the Y-wing is the only one that made me grit my teeth, truth be told.

The cantina/accessory sets truly blow!

The recycled Super Battle droid in the Deluxe set doesn't bug me because I feel that, with the exception of the Anakin with sliced-and-diced Genosian (nod goes to the gruesome factor) and the Nexu, the deluxe line is for little kids, and does not appeal to me. That being said, the C-3p0 one coming out does look very cool!

I have no problem with some of the accessories being recycled, considering that they are much improved in the quantity/quality dept. (Guns are still too rubbery, though).

The Xwing, though, I love. To me, The only thing about the Fx Xwing I did not like was the dedicated Luke (with awful head) and R2. The triggers, levers, and missile-firing action also detracted from my overall apprciation of the piece. I really dug it, but wish that it could hold figs, etc.
Cut to the present, I picked up the Xwing and Hasbro , to me, has gone back and done all the things to it I wish they had; hey, I miss the sound effects, but dig the fact that the POTJ Luke can fit it the cockpit and we have a space for a R2 fig. To me, I like this much more than the Fx-styled one. Shows that less can be more and for $10 less than the original. To each is own on this one, I guess.

Dark Marble
07-24-2002, 05:42 PM
I think a lot of what is going on here is just marketing plain and simple. Look at the transformers toys. From the begining of the line on to the end and restarted again. All they do is release a toy make the money, repaint the toy give it a new name and bang it is something new! There is nothing different here with Star Wars. Some figures get reused with a different pack in, and more money is made. That is marketing. The new gimmicks for the saga line are to make them playable for kids. I don't see the line dying anytime soon, or a lack of consumers to buy the products.
Plus I thought everyone wanted to see army builders and thing rerealeased. :confused:

Slacker Jedi
07-24-2002, 08:06 PM
I think this is pretty silly.
I remember in the old days of the vintage line, we got the exact same figures of some characters (Vader, Chewbacca, Threepio, R2, Stormtrooper, etc.) constantly being reissued with new cards. I don't think they made any major changes to them -- except Threepio with detachable limbs and R2 with sensorscope.
In those days it didn't seem like a big deal if the stormtrooper that came with an ESB card was the exact same one as the New Hope one.
So I don't see anything wrong here...

Forhekset
07-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Slacker Jedi
I think this is pretty silly.
I remember in the old days of the vintage line, we got the exact same figures of some characters (Vader, Chewbacca, Threepio, R2, Stormtrooper, etc.) constantly being reissued with new cards. I don't think they made any major changes to them -- except Threepio with detachable limbs and R2 with sensorscope.
In those days it didn't seem like a big deal if the stormtrooper that came with an ESB card was the exact same one as the New Hope one.
So I don't see anything wrong here...

Well, the point is Slacker Jedi (at least for me) the Tusken, for example, could use some improvement. It isn't as if they had the ultimate Tusken Raider figure and simply reissued it - if it didn't need some adjustments, no one would be complaining. But the fact is, it comes with no weapon (incredibly lame) and it has that stupid rifle-holding pose. Not to mention the Massiff is the same one that was released what, a month ago? Now you can look at the Massiff as just a bonus, since most people would probably be happy to just get a good Tusken reissued. But this Tusken isn't really a "good" one. He's halfway decent, but he ain't great, or even good. I also don't buy this "army builder" bollocks argument. No one wants to buy a bunch of the same figure if he's stuck in a crappy pose and packaged with no decent accessory (like a weapon?? Hello Hasbro? Would throwing in a Gaderffi stick have wasted your budget that badly?) It's like that dang Red Clone Trooper. I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy tons of those as army builders - they're practically locked into a single pose, the "squatting and holding a gun" pose. Yeah, you can have a few behind their cannons, or lying on the ground, but...that will get really old, really fast. It's different if you have something like the Royal Guard, where they work fine in a single pose, but the Tusken Raiders need to be dynamic. So as I've said before, PPFFTTTT to this rehashed garbage. I'll just save my money and get figures when Hasbro decides to release something worth buying.

By the way...who cares about the old days, honestly? Just because KENNER did something back THEN doesn't mean it's fine for HASBRO to do it now. I mean, you people who bought rehashed figures back in the vintage days should be against these recycled pieces of trash more than anyone. You put up with it already several times, why do you want to do it again? Don't let Hasbro keep on force-feeding you crap. The only way you can say "No" to this sort of thing is vote with your wallet. Don't buy stuff just cuz it has a Star Wars logo on it. Resist! Ok, done ranting. :D

thespar
07-26-2002, 12:00 AM
the only problem i have with the reissue of both the tusken radier and Massiff are the fact massiff was just release about a month ago and the tusken bieng put out about 6 months to a year. if this package would come out in about 2 to 3 years there will problemly be fewer issues.

Beast
07-26-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by thespar
the only problem i have with the reissue of both the tusken radier and Massiff are the fact massiff was just release about a month ago and the tusken bieng put out about 6 months to a year. if this package would come out in about 2 to 3 years there will problemly be fewer issues.
The POTJ Tusken Raider actually came out in August of 2000, that will be 2 years ago as of this August. And since the figure isn't due until after August this year, it's not that big of a deal. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
07-26-2002, 12:23 PM
thanks for the correct i can never keep track when then come out so i guess my only problem is the fact massiff was just release.

billfremore
07-26-2002, 12:26 PM
I never got the Deert Sniper Tusken, so I'm actually looking forward to this one.

And hey, his head pops off, so you can switch it with FB Jango for extra playtime fun! :D

JEDIpartner
07-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Do we know that the head pops off?

I am a little disappointed in the "TR w/M" as well. They could have given him a Gaffi and a different right arm. "KAM" is a HUGE disappointment to me... even though I think the "action posed" Jedi are for crap... they could have at least been consistent with him! Oh, well...

billfremore
07-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Oh I think I read that somewhere.
I could be wrong though

Would make sense though and would be über-cool.

Vortex
07-26-2002, 01:54 PM
recycled or not, I won't complain too much. At least we're starting to get figures/ships/playsets. I was getting bored with all this lag time between figures getting released. Having to waite 2-3 months or more for 2-3 new figs was getting old.

With Aug 15 quickly approaching I'll be glad to see all this new stuff start to hit, recycled or not.

I just think its odd that we're in the middle of this star wars craze and instead of having hasbro pump out all this cool new, never seen before, stuff since were at peak of the 3 new movies, and dead center of the collector craze, its like a whimper and down hill slide. Not many new figs, hardly any new never seen before cool ships...its odd that they aren't milking this more than what they are. They are milking the recycled crap, but I was expecting more, so I guess I'll take what I can get. Even if it does feel like the line is in death throw...

Forhekset
07-26-2002, 02:20 PM
I don't know. The pegs at every store I go to (Target, WM, TRU) are always STUFFED, and I do mean STUFFED. Are these stores majorly over-ordering or are people just flat-out not buying SW? All the stores I go to seem to show the same pattern: pegs stay chock-full of pegwarmers. A few new cases of new figs are put out. The new figs out of those get bought, and a ton of pegwarmers are left over to join the rest. I mean obviously some people are buying stuff, or else the new figs wouldn't ever get bought, but there's soooooo many pegwarmers. Plus, back when the Saga line first started, I always saw many more collectors and kids all clamoring over the figs...then when the movie came out, some more kids seemed to get into it......now I never see ANYONE buying SW figs but me. I don't even see scalpers showing up early to stores anymore to grab figs; I think they've decided it's not worth it. Which makes it nice for me since I can pretty much find any figure from #1-40 right now in any quantity you want, but at the same time it's sad to see so much SW stuff sitting on the pegs collecting dust. Not to get really offtopic or anything, I was just thinking about this because of tjovonovich's post.

FlakMan
07-26-2002, 02:28 PM
A lot of figure are becoming more common as most people have already bought them and Hasbro seems unaware of this and ships more of the ones that everyone has and less that everyone doesn't have. Hasbro needs to rework it's shipping strategy.

Vortex
07-26-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
I don't know. The pegs at every store I go to (Target, WM, TRU) are always STUFFED, and I do mean STUFFED. Are these stores majorly over-ordering or are people just flat-out not buying SW? All the stores I go to seem to show the same pattern: pegs stay chock-full of pegwarmers.

Maybe some signals are/were getting crossed. Cause I'm confused as to what part of my little thought made you view the stores. Maybe I'm missing some key thought.

I was just thinking that since this is technically the middle of road of star wars right now. 1 movie down, 1 just creeping from the theaters, and 1 to go - I just thought there would be this huge push for "never made" figs, more background, more ships, more this or that. Keep the drive going, and give the fans what they want and more of it. But its just a trickle of new stuff when it should be a buyers frenzy with lots of new items...and yet we have little new stuff, lots of recycled old stuff, and 2 or 3 new figs released every couple of months and old stuff is sitting around and its only July...2-3 months after the toys were released and the film. Its almost dead quiet.

Hasbro cut the production #'s for this movie and figure count when one would expect them to increase the variety of items to keep the hype, demand, and craze to push it over the edge and keep the hype till the last movie. We've had what 40 figs so far, 2 or 3 new figs spaced out every couple of months since the release of the movie. It seems the toys are stalling out instead of picking up steam to keep the interest of collectors.

Yes in some stores the Pegwarmers are growing, and at some stores you can hardly find figures anymore.

To me it seems that the toys and collecting is hitting a down hill slide, and I'll just take what I can get.

I don't know if this will add to my confusion or help your thoughts, but I was little confused when you said I gave you something to think about.

Forhekset
07-26-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich

Maybe some signals are/were getting crossed. Cause I'm confused as to what part of my little thought made you view the stores. Maybe I'm missing some key thought.

I was just thinking that since this is technically the middle of road of star wars right now. 1 movie down, 1 just creeping from the theaters, and 1 to go - I just thought there would be this huge push for "never made" figs, more background, more ships, more this or that. Keep the drive going, and give the fans what they want and more of it. But its just a trickle of new stuff when it should be a buyers frenzy with lots of new items...and yet we have little new stuff, lots of recycled old stuff, and 2 or 3 new figs released every couple of months and old stuff is sitting around and its only July...2-3 months after the toys were released and the film. Its almost dead quiet.

Hasbro cut the production #'s for this movie and figure count when one would expect them to increase the variety of items to keep the hype, demand, and craze to push it over the edge and keep the hype till the last movie. We've had what 40 figs so far, 2 or 3 new figs spaced out every couple of months since the release of the movie. It seems the toys are stalling out instead of picking up steam to keep the interest of collectors.

Yes in some stores the Pegwarmers are growing, and at some stores you can hardly find figures anymore.

To me it seems that the toys and collecting is hitting a down hill slide, and I'll just take what I can get.

I don't know if this will add to my confusion or help your thoughts, but I was little confused when you said I gave you something to think about.

Well, my post was somewhat triggered by you mentioning that the SW line might possibly be in the throes of death.

Vortex
07-27-2002, 02:36 AM
Gotch ya...I was just thinking its slowing down rather than picking up.