PDA

View Full Version : Jango Fett Question

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-19-2002, 01:24 AM
I apoligize if this question was asked already.

I wondered during the viewing of Episode II if Jango Fett was originally intended to be the 'clonee' of the clone army. I say that only because of his and Boba Fett's popularity. Do you think when Lucas wrote the original six movies in one big condensed version years and years ago, before ANH premiered, that he intended for Jango Fett and Boba to be in the second installment or was he just cashing in on the amazing lure Boba Fett, a seemingly minor character, has had since the release of the original trilogy?

DarthBatman
07-19-2002, 01:34 AM
I don't think that he had Jango and Boba as such major characters - I don't even think he had thought of Jango yet. Boba was simply a bounty hunter out to get Han Solo who turned out to be a huge hit with fans, so George made him a big character.

DeadEye
07-19-2002, 09:09 AM
It wasn't intended to please the fans at all. Lucas said he always imagined that Fett was connected to the stormtroopers...so he finally realized his vision.

stillakid
07-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
I apoligize if this question was asked already.

I wondered during the viewing of Episode II if Jango Fett was originally intended to be the 'clonee' of the clone army. I say that only because of his and Boba Fett's popularity. Do you think when Lucas wrote the original six movies in one big condensed version years and years ago, before ANH premiered, that he intended for Jango Fett and Boba to be in the second installment or was he just cashing in on the amazing lure Boba Fett, a seemingly minor character, has had since the release of the original trilogy?

If I understand your question correctly, George himself has answered that. The original intention was to have Boba Fett's armor be pieced together from remnants of a Mandalorian army that helped rise up against the Jedi. However, in the 20 year interim, George decided to use the "Fett" character as a main element because he was a fan favorite. He mentioned this in the last Star Wars Insider interview I believe. So, yes, he was just cashing in on the allure of the Fett personae. And in my opinion, completed ruined the allure of the mysterious Fett personae from the OT. :cry:

Darth Brick
07-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Here's what I want to know: exactly how do the Mandalorians come into play? It's never stated directly that Jango's armor is of that design, nor does Jango report to any Mandalorian order or group of any kind. Did Jango just pick up the armor somewhere or something?

stillakid
07-20-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Darth Brick
Here's what I want to know: exactly how do the Mandalorians come into play? It's never stated directly that Jango's armor is of that design, nor does Jango report to any Mandalorian order or group of any kind. Did Jango just pick up the armor somewhere or something?

George is rewriting his original intentions from the ground up. The Mandalorian thing may not be in there at all, at least as originally conceived. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. :)

Jayspawn
07-20-2002, 02:35 AM
Here's the scoop on the whole Jango, armor and mandalorian thing....

Jango Fett is of a Mandalorian decent. It's customary for males to personally train their sons in the ways of combat. That is why Jango wanted an unaltered clone, that is why Boba is so good at piloting Slave I. The armor is of Mandalorian design, the Mandalorians don't exist anymore and Jango is carrying on his traditions.

Thats it in a nutshell.

stillakid
07-20-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Here's the scoop on the whole Jango, armor and mandalorian thing....

Jango Fett is of a Mandalorian decent. It's customary for males to personally train their sons in the ways of combat. That is why Jango wanted an unaltered clone, that is why Boba is so good at piloting Slave I. The armor is of Mandalorian design, the Mandalorians don't exist anymore and Jango is carrying on his traditions.

Thats it in a nutshell.

So aside from the fact that Lucas is utilizing "Fett" in the prequels because he was a "fan favorite," what happens now with the Mandolorian thing? Is Lucas going to abandon it completely, or find a way to make Fett rise up as a new leader of the group?

Darth Vellner
07-29-2002, 11:56 PM
If all the clones are from jango and jango is of Mandalorian decent.....then.... when the clones turn on the jedi in the next movie the "mandalorian's" will be fighting the jedi

Jek Porky 2002
07-30-2002, 07:08 PM
I don't think that he's "cashing in", it's just because Boba's a fan favorite.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 07:20 PM
i would much rather have seen more about the clone wars than jango and boba....
h.

Jek Porky 2002
08-03-2002, 08:28 AM
I have to agree Hango, I never saw the atraction of Boba Fett and I don't think they should have featured as havily in Episode II.

Prince Xizor
08-06-2002, 03:34 AM
Personally, I think he ruined the allure of Boba by showing him as a little kid in the movie.

And I better not see a damn little Han walking around in EP3.

Exhaust Port
08-06-2002, 11:16 AM
Did seeing a young Anakin spoil the mystery/allure of Darth Vader too?