PDA

View Full Version : Main occupation for you Figures??

Nebulaz
07-19-2002, 05:29 AM
What does your figures do once you take them out of the bag when you get home?? Do they rest of thumb tacks on your wall for eternity or do they take on the role of a model, for recreated battles and poses etc. Or dog toy? bought for the kids what???
Mine rest on thumb tacks, giving my room a custom type of wallpaper...

Jeremy

Jonna
07-19-2002, 10:42 AM
Main occupation for my figures??? Well, all of my Luke's are pizza delivery boys who work at Dominos. Down the street from that is the Go-Go bar where Jabba's dancers and slave Leia work. Chewie is the bouncer there. And speaking of Jabba, he runs the bank on the other side of town. Hoth figures all work at the local ski shop. Mind the sales that they have; they raise the prices before they mark them down for the sale. It's like Crazy Eddie's all over again! The Emperor runs a fortune telling and crystal shop. Mara Jade is the owner of a nail salon. R2 has a store called the "Soda Shoppe"; which I never go to because I HATE the word shoppe and Yoda is available for kids parties.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-19-2002, 10:44 AM
They rest neatly in a box.

aceguide
07-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Opened for a 6 year old to do that which he pleases.

The way it should be!

Lman316
07-19-2002, 11:04 AM
I rip them suckers outta that package, fiddle with their poses a bit, and then I put them in my displays that are spread across my entire room.
Then, when I'm dusting, I'll usually pull a few down and play with them - and no, I don't care that I'm 18 and I still play with toys. It's fun. And I don't see how you can have fun with them still in the package, but that's just what I think (I'm not bad mouthing those who keep them carded, so don't yell at me) :). I used to be a carded collector, only opening a few. But I found this to be much better on the wallet and playing relieves stress :D.

End...

Rogue II
07-19-2002, 11:14 AM
Well, 4 of my figures are on tour as the band Droids With Hats and the new Bespin Luke and Vader are playing baseball(see the General Discussion thread for photos of both)

The Sandtroopers are patroling a partial diorama of Mos Eisley. They pulled over Luke and Ben.

The Rebel Pilots are in a briefing.

My custom figures are lined up for photographs on my computer desk.

My daughter (who turns 1 in August) plays with C-3PO and R4-M9. R5-D4 and Saber Launching R2 are also on my desk for her entertainment. She loves watching them launch their projectiles....ah to be 1 again. She is the only person I know that appreciates R5-D4.

The rest are in a box or case, waiting to be displayed.

billfremore
07-19-2002, 11:26 AM
They all stand around gathering dust for this years harvest.

Chiesa
07-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Once they are ripped out... I would play with them and see which pose would look the coolest!! After that it goes into the display shelf where it would join the rest of its buddies!! My mom never lets me keep them carded and hanged all over the wall!! ;)

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-19-2002, 12:14 PM
all my figures are in dioramas...

Jedi_Rainman
07-19-2002, 12:22 PM
All of mine are in Protecto Paks or Star Cases. I have all of my episode 2 line out on shelves being displayed. All older stuff before episode 2 are stored in boxes and I keep a master list of everything, so that I know exactly what I got. Personally I think that any regular figure is okay to open, but when you open a Toy Fair Vader or C2 Jorg Sacul, thats just wrong!

Master Goeweins
07-19-2002, 01:27 PM
All of mine just stand around, making it dang hard to get to all of my books. Especially the shelf with all the Jedis fighting against the Super Battle Droids and Geonosians. Otherwise they sit in my toy chest that my grandfather made, while others lay nicely in a big case. I am 28, and I love the toys. Love to stand them, love to collect them, love to open them, love to play with them.

Nebulaz
07-19-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
Opened for a 6 year old to do that which he pleases.

The way it should be!

you're in denial...j/k

187-Maul
07-19-2002, 03:23 PM
wellmost of my figs are in diormas and some that look pretty cool or don;t fit in the diorama are on display

rynobot
07-19-2002, 06:40 PM
mostly they are either boxed up or acting as eye candy for me. But at night they jump put of their packages and will begin to fight.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-19-2002, 07:08 PM
Mine are on a shelf, one shelf for every movie. And the ground, a single wall-hanging shelf, and a side table, and a soon-to-be 'nother wall-hanging shelf, are all for my vehicles, playsets, and that kind of stuff. I have another, half-size (3-level) shelf for my SW LEGO sets and SW books. I need more room!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Jargo
07-19-2002, 07:44 PM
I have a massive shelving unit I store the figures on for display purposes in semi dioramas. (I just haven't got round to doing the backdrop scenery properly for any of them yet). I rip absolutely everything including variations and rarities out of the packaging and I display in rough scenes although with the amount of figures now I had to merge all senate and Jedi council stuff and all Imperial stuff etc.
But I grab stuff off the shelf to play with and muck up the displays regularly. Yesterday I had 25th anniversary Vader and Ben fighting it out by the PC and the day before Chewie bespin was arguing with EU Qui-Gon. Chewie nearly choked Qui-Gon for having better hair. :)
I have most vehicles on the shelving too with only the TIEs flying suspended from the ceiling cuz they don't have landing gear. The Naboo fighters await their stringing up experience with dread.
I discovered though that I don't have any room left for episode three so I'm going to have to expand the collection into another room or get very creative with the shelving and go over the top of my bed. Which would be very cool as it would mean I could play with the toys and never move from my pit :D But play is the main employment of all my toys. It's important to never forget how to play. How can we pass it down the generations if we forget?

stillakid
07-23-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by billfremore
They all stand around gathering dust for this years harvest.

Your's is my favorite answer so far. :) Mind if I borrow it at the homestead sometime?

DarthBrandon
07-23-2002, 01:51 AM
I use two giant shelves and one dresser to put my action figures on. I also make some dioramas with them.

chubbychicken
07-23-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Lman316
I rip them suckers outta that package, fiddle with their poses a bit, and then I put them in my displays that are spread across my entire room.
Then, when I'm dusting, I'll usually pull a few down and play with them - and no, I don't care that I'm 18 and I still play with toys. It's fun. And I don't see how you can have fun with them still in the package, but that's just what I think (I'm not bad mouthing those who keep them carded, so don't yell at me) :). I used to be a carded collector, only opening a few. But I found this to be much better on the wallet and playing relieves stress :D.

End...

A Men to that Lman316...A Men to that haha

I usually keep mine carded nowadays cuz i think they are pretty nice looking in the box anyways but if there was a really cool figure i wanted to open up i bought too n i play with it haha...the carded one are all hanging above my window and the opened ones i just have them in cool poses on my desk hehe

thespar
07-23-2002, 05:43 PM
once tehy get home with me they get a picture take (still in package) their info get put into a database teh teh get put away in a box (still in package). What can i say i collect carder or boxed what over the case may be.

Count Dooku
07-23-2002, 05:49 PM
Thumb tacks for eternity. I buy rawhide bones for my dog. Its probably better for my dog than a 3-3/4" Dooku getting stuck down his 'troat.

aharry
07-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Their main duty is to decorate my den by standing on the shelf, except for a few rebellious genosians and EP 2 battle droids, whom feel more comfortable falling any chance they get.

Lobito
07-23-2002, 09:17 PM
Most of my collection is opened and displayed in my parents house (my oooold room) the new ones are at home in bags cuzz i still need to think where am i going to put all of them...this really is a problem with SW collectors, we never thought about having a spare room to place all this stuff.:D

Jedi_Rainman
07-23-2002, 11:00 PM
They are the best air filters I know of...

JediBoulton
07-24-2002, 09:46 AM
I am 31 years old and all of my carded figures are hanging in my office at work. My clients love them. They are all aroung my office walls alone with pictures, puzzles, 12" figures, LEGO's -- you name it -- if it is Star Wars -- it's in my office.

hango fett
07-24-2002, 09:48 AM
the first ones we get of a figure stay in the pakc. then i use my money and buy the ones i want to open.
hango:stupid:

JEDIpartner
07-24-2002, 03:39 PM
My figures are just holding all of my furniture to the floor. Thank goodness for that... or I'd have to buy a lot of glue. You can't imagine the gravity of the situation! :eek:

Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!! :crazed:

robman71
07-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Beyond just taking up space in my office. I am pretty sure that they are ganging up and knoking over Obi-wan Starfighter Pilot. (He is on the ground every time I walk in there.)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-26-2002, 12:54 AM
A lot of my figures suffer due to lack of space. It's their lot in life!

I lived in a house with six different people (two have since moved out). Space is limited. My bedroom is the smallest one of the four in our house. As a result the space I have for figs is extremely limitied. I have a shelf with my entire POTJ figures covering two rows of space. The bottom two are occupied by books. Vehicles (Jedi Starfighter, B-wing, Tie Interceptor, Snowspeeder, Desert Skiff and the 12inch Dewback w/Sandtrooper) take up most of the room in front of my dressers. Cinema scenes take up the top of one of my dressers. Various loose figures and a TV take up the top of the other one. The only room left is a little bit of space on the floor near my bed. I have all 40 of my Saga figs laid out on the ground.

Sadly, most of my Action Fleet and Micro Machine toys are packed away in the basement. So are all my Episode 1 figures.

When I get my own house I hope to have an entire room (or a wing if I get rich enough) :happy: devoted to my collection.

jdmarlow
07-26-2002, 01:06 AM
Boxes, they sit in boxes. I'm not proud of it, but I don't have the time or money to do anything else.

Jawakiller
07-27-2002, 05:03 AM
I use to put my figures up on the walls in my room. then they started to take over and scare anyone that has never seen a collection of figures. they scare my girlfriend. it seriously was a "cube" of figures that covered all the walls, around the bedroom window, the door frame just everywhere. now due to the amount that has come out to this day, they have to be boxed up in star cases. the only thing i cannot go without seeing everyday is my carded vintage. i like to stare off at them, not even realizing the grin i have on my face until someone snaps me out of it. man i love collecting these things. what joy they can bring.

Darth forb1us
07-27-2002, 10:28 AM
my apartment is small, I share it with my girlfriend of 3 years. She doesnt mind my collecting obsession, but she doesnt totally agree with my stuff taking up every square inch of wall space LOL

I collect it all, SW, transformers, spawn, and almost everything else Mcfarlane, and a lot of other stuff. The walls are done with acrylic paint..... blah.. so everything sticks to the wall. I have black fabric tacked to the wall, then the figures tacked over that, looks really nice with the black backdrop.

I to, keep the first one of everything moc/misb (which is boring for the box stuff sometime.. i.e. acklay, jango and obi-wan ships..)
but I will have another 1 or sometimes more (soon) of them to be opened.
about to head out to walmart grab my layaway with some vehicles and a super battledroid lego set - this thing looks SWEET!

Ive quickly run out of space, but we are looking to move to Michigan very very soon so I'll see if I can cover every wall bwahaha :D

DeadEye
07-27-2002, 10:35 AM
I open mine and play with them, frequently making use of the dismemberment features. :D

SuperBattleDroid88
07-27-2002, 11:22 AM
I play with them and make movies and stuff with em.......
When they're not in use they just stand around on the floor...