PDA

View Full Version : obi's death

SQueek
07-19-2002, 10:23 AM
he just kinda dissapears and his cloak and sabre, yet nothing else, fall to the ground. i really wish they would do something to fix this even if it as a stupid looking spirit come out of his body to show that he really isnt just letting vader hack him down.

billfremore
07-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Yeah maybe they could have him covered in chains and making spoooooky noises too :rolleyes: ;)

Darth Shifty
07-19-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by billfremore
Yeah maybe they could have him covered in chains and making spoooooky noises too :rolleyes: ;)

Yes! Then he can be visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future (Qui-Gon, Mace & Darth Maul). Then they'll show Vader what a miser he's become so he can change his ways and spread tidings of comfort and joy throughout the galaxy!

SQueek
07-19-2002, 11:00 AM
like in that muppets christmas movie LOL

Master Goeweins
07-19-2002, 12:41 PM
uh... I thought he was letting Vader strike him down....

billfremore
07-19-2002, 01:06 PM
Maybe Vader could be Ebeneezer Scrooge :)

Exhaust Port
07-19-2002, 01:34 PM
This still hasn't been explained in the recent movies. Why didn't Qui Gon disappear like Obi Wan or Yoda? Why did Obi Wan say he'd become more powerful than Vader could imagine if he was struck down? When those questions are addressed in the next movie I'm sure those scenes will make more sense.

jblodgett
07-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Qui Gon didn't disappear because he wasn't ready to become "one with the force" like Obiwan and Yoda were.

Obiwan became more powerful than Vader could possibly imagine because Obiwan became one with the force when Vader struck him down.

This is George Lucas we are talking about- since when has he started answering questions? Having all these questions is what makes the Star Wars movies one of the greatest sagas of all time.

Exhaust Port
07-19-2002, 03:25 PM
I thought that I read somewhere that GL was going to specifically address these questions in the upcoming movie. And jblodgett, your answers would fit the movies but nothing has been addressed offically to my knowledge.

Lobito
07-19-2002, 04:42 PM
The thing that bothers me abou this scene is that Vader actually searches for OB1's remains...:eek: (just when OB1 dissappears he stands over the robe of OB1)...Maybe he thought OB1 shrunked...:D

jet chan
07-19-2002, 05:08 PM
the only thing that makes me wonder is if ob1 is one with the force why are there things that he can't do:confused:

darthvyn
07-19-2002, 09:54 PM
this is a post i made on 5/19/02 (i've been going back over myself a lot recently...) about some of the themes explored in this thread...

it's all about acceptance and fate, destiny. with ben, this is his destiny, even vader knows this, "the circle is complete." he holds up his saber in a gesture of peace and acceptance only after he sees that everyone will be safe abord the falcon. yoda, who has trained luke all this time, disappears only after he tells luke that he requires no more training.

whereas qui-gon has changed the course of his life by vowing to become anakin's master, and thus not fulfilling his new destiny, does not disappear. also, he meets a more violent end than ben, and is also fighting his death destiny at the time. when anakin tells qui-gon that no one can kill a jedi, qui-gon replies "oh, i wish that were so..." ben says a similar thing to luke when luke asks if ben knew obi-wan and that his uncle thinks he was killed around the same time as his father: "oh, he's not dead, at least not yet..." both phrases hint to the fact that they know their destinies, or at least their demises. by consciously fighting his destiny, qui-gon doesn't disappear. just a theory, and i'm sure we will see an explanation in ep III, but i think this is a sound theory...

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
The thing that bothers me abou this scene is that Vader actually searches for OB1's remains...:eek: (just when OB1 dissappears he stands over the robe of OB1)...Maybe he thought OB1 shrunked...:D

no, he melted like the wicked witch of the west
Obi-Wan "help me I'm melting"
Vader "I told you I'd get you Kenobi, and your little droid to"
Obi-Wan "thats funny I don't seem to remeber ever owning a droid"
R2-D2 "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The monkeys are coming! and they can fling their poo as the fly!"

FIN

SQueek
07-20-2002, 08:17 PM
dont turn this isnt a why people disspear thread, this is a thread that ob1 diserves better! like yodas cloths dissapear, bens cloths did, but not his robe and not yodas blanke! the force may be strong but not againt thick tightly woven faberic!