PDA

View Full Version : How Many Do You Have?

stillakid
07-19-2002, 04:28 PM
I've been in the middle of "house cleaning" and now have a solid inventory of what I have.

Currently (as of July 19, 2002), I have:

850 total action figures
28 Beasts

This covers both the vintage line and all the new stuff since the '90's.

In case you're wondering, that number includes doubles of the same figure (army builders) and other extras, both loose, boxed, and/or carded that I have for one reason or another.

Also, there is a little fuzzy area when it comes to figures vs beasts. Essentially, I counted anything small, like a Mynock or Bomarr Monk, to be an action figure. Bigger things, like Jabba and Rancor etc were counted as Beasts.

And I did not count the Episode I Battle Pack mini figures (those fish things) toward the totals above. They just kind of exist in a weird limbo somewhere. :)

So, how many do you have?

(Hmm, let's see, 850 times about 6 bucks a figure....:eek: )

Vortex
07-19-2002, 04:31 PM
So I see you used the spreadsheet huh. How you like it? Looks like it went well.

I'd have to check but I think I'm around 650 give or take...with beasts, and stuff.

Jonna
07-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Watch out for snakes!

(that means someone is going to come along and be a jerk by making an ego thing out of this thread also)
A grip is good for getting!;)

Vortex
07-19-2002, 04:48 PM
Hey man, don't seak up on me like that and then shout "watch out for snakes" almost had a heart attack...

jet chan
07-20-2002, 04:54 PM
just enough to make me happy with my collection:D

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 06:47 PM
ah crap that number really make me feel bad
I have about 150 to 200 but oh well I haven't got all the saga figs so that'll push up my number:D I really want those new figs
I'll check the exact number tomorrow, I don't want to check the list right now

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 09:08 PM
ok I had nithing better to do so I checked the list and came up with a total of only 144 loose figs, 1 carded and 2 loose vintage (crix madine and r2)
that's a total of, let's see 144 plus 1 plus 2 equals...ehm...ah 148
no wait....j/k:p....147 figs

well considering that I'm 15, have to buy all my figs myself AND collect mcfarlanetoys too (have 54 total at the moment), that's not that bad

stillakid
07-20-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
ok I had nithing better to do so I checked the list and came up with a total of only 144 loose figs, 1 carded and 2 loose vintage (crix madine and r2)
that's a total of, let's see 144 plus 1 plus 2 equals...ehm...ah 148
no wait....j/k:p....147 figs

well considering that I'm 15, have to buy all my figs myself AND collect mcfarlanetoys too (have 54 total at the moment), that's not that bad

"Only"?!! It's not a contest...just a question. :)

DarthBrandon
07-20-2002, 09:16 PM
Too many to count.

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 09:29 PM
I know it's not a contest but I WANT to have more figs to build better and bigger dioramas and finally have the cool figs I want

ok, looking at that amount again does look like a very high number for non-collectors

InsaneJediGirl
07-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Currently I have 115 Action figures.Probably if I total up everything with a Starwars logo,it'd be over 200 easily.Not big,but it keeps me really happy :)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-27-2002, 09:46 PM
80 POF2 figures

Jargo
08-06-2002, 06:23 PM
Not counting the trashed vintage stuff under the bed I reckon a rough count of around 800 figures, 24 beasts, 46 vehicles. the figure count is estimated because it would take me too long to stand and count them all individually and i always said I'd never do an exact count. I've got a lot of stuff hidden away in boxes that I've yet to do anything with but bought 'because'
Notice how when you buy something and put in the display it just gets swallowed up like a black hole or something. The shelf doesn't look any fuller but the stuff keeps going in. The collection is hungry - feed it or suffer.............

I bought most of my stuff this last two years. catching up on older stuff and army building too. I bought tons of stuff to use for customising. I really don't care to have a better collection than anyone just a good enough one to satisfy myself. I never had hardly any toys as a child so I'm making up for it now. And then some... :D

bigbarada
08-14-2002, 12:13 PM
Let's see, this time last year I owned 70+ vintage, 120+ potf2 and 30+ potj figures (these numbers include multiples). Now I own about 20 Saga, 12 potj, 3 potf2 and 5 vintage. Hopefully by this time next year that number will dwindle down to about 12 figures total. Then hopefully down to one or two by the time Ep3 comes out. Which of course, I will buy a few figures from and have to try to get rid of all over again.

In case you are wondering, I sold all of my vintage to my brother and gave the 150+ potf2/potj figures to his two sons. My brother uses the toys as rewards for good behavior. Hopefully, I will be able to give them my Saga collection soon, once I can bring myself to part with it.

robman71
08-14-2002, 01:18 PM
I currently have 234 action figures, 19 12" Figures, 11 ships, 6 lightsabers, and a bunch of Pez dispensers.

billfremore
08-14-2002, 01:21 PM
I currently have lots.

Eternal Padawan
09-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
I currently have lots.

I currently have lots, also. Too many to count. A guess? Between 750 and a 1000. Some carded, some loose. Plus beasts, and ships, and playsets galore...

If I sat down to figure how much I'd spent on all this stuff, I would probably weep.:cry:

ROLLO!

JediCole
09-08-2002, 11:24 PM
I am uncertain of the number of figures I own. I do not have all of them to date by any means. This is mainly due to the fact that I do NOT need 10 or 20 Lukes, Hans, Qui-Gons, Vaders, etc.

I do have one of every vintage figure made, including the illusive Yak Face and the blue Snaggletooth. So needless to say I have over 200 small figures, a few dozen 12" (I have all but IG-88 in that scale), and all the beasts.

I have most vintage vehicles, and many new ones also. I don't really have any of the contemporary playsets, as many are rather poorly made. I do have the Turret & Probot Playset (around which my vintage Hoth related figures are posed) and the Death Star playset.

I also have all of the Applause vinyls, most of the pre-Episode I and Episode I Battle Fleet, all of the pre-EI Micro Machines minis, all and three of the Collector Fleet ships. I have all of the Pez except R2-D2 (can anyone help me with this one?). I have all of the buddies (pre Episode I) except for any variants. I have a few statues and such, like the Applause Bounty Hunters resin statue (one of the best), the California Originals Chewbacca mug (a Christmas present from the 70's), the Greedo bust, and the Attakus Princess Leai Statue.

Then of course there is the huge collection of things non-Star Wars. No full collections for the most part, just the various things that caught my fancy over the years. Dinosaurs, animals, super heroes, movie and TV related figures and toys, and miscellanous junk!

Darth Vellner
09-08-2002, 11:42 PM
73 Vintage + 20 doubles & 12 Carded + 2 beasts = 107
300+ Carded (from 95' till NOW)
250+ loose (from 95' till NOW)
about 12 beasts
like 10 - 12"
2 dogs
1 address
o cats
and boxes of crap! (doggie poo)

Jayspawn
09-09-2002, 12:19 AM
A lot. I'm not sure how many exactly and counting them would take a considerable amount of time. I'll do it someday though.

mini-rock
09-09-2002, 01:33 AM
139 Star Wars 12" Figures (all loose and posed)
The entire 12" collection, plus a few duplicates, and including all Portrait & electronic figures.

My kids have a bunch of the 3 3/4 figs, vehicles, ships, playsets, and lightsabers.

I'm also thinking about collecting the Master Replicas FX lightsabers too.

derek
09-10-2002, 07:44 PM
hey mini rock,

got a camera? i'd like to see that loose 12 inch collection.:)
one of these days i plan to display mine, but everytime i set aside some cash for shelves, i go buy more 12 inch stuff.:crazed:

QLD
09-11-2002, 09:24 PM
I just moved into my new house and it has a huge basement. I am looking around to see what type of shelving would be best to use. I had bookcases, but that wasn't very good. I think I want something more open.

Jedi Master Silas
09-14-2002, 05:59 PM
We have to many to count. All I can say is we have one entire room sorounded by shelves jammed full...the floor full and 2 closets full of vintage to current figs, beasts, displays, ships, etc...and I love every ity bity peice down to the little hairs on yodas head :) LOL

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-27-2002, 09:42 PM
About 125 various boxed Star Wars Action Fleet/Micro Machines (if I counted all the loose ships, figures I'd betcha there would be
500-600 or more)

40-45 boxed Episode 1 Micro Machine/Action Fleet stuff.

1 Episode II/Saga Action Fleet

6 vintage figures

14 POTF2 figures

42 Episode I figures

2 Episode I 12" figures

53 POTJ figures (1 25th Anniversary set)

40 Saga figures

10 vehicles from various lines

7 deluxe figures from various lines

5 Cinema Scenes from various lines

70 or so Episode I fast food collectables

lots of countless assorted trinkets (Star Wars pez, lightsaber pens, books)

and a partridge in a pear tree. :happy:

stillakid
01-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Time for an update as we head into Revenge of the Sith...

As of this evening, I have:

Vintage: 110 loose figures
Modern lines: 1,235 loose and carded figures
Beasts vintage and new: 29
Vehicles: I haven't counted them yet.

The armies, broken down...
Sandtroopers: 24
Stormtroopers: 53
TIE Pilots: 21
Hoth Troopers: 12
AT AT Drivers: 2
Death Star Gunner: 13
Royal Guards: 6
Biker Scouts: 19
Imperial Officer: 22
Animated Clone Troopers: 20
Rebel Soldiers (Tantive IV): 25
Captain Antilles: 15
Calmarian Soldiers: 4
Cloud Car Pilots: 6
Bespin Guard: 4
Destroyer Droid: 17
Clonetrooper: 49
Geonosis Warrior: 10
Battle Droid: 31
Advanced Battledroid: 10

Kidhuman
01-10-2005, 08:54 AM
I could roughly say:

Modern Line: 500-600 carded figures
Vintage: 80-90 loose
Vehicles(modern): 10-20(speeder bikes included)
Vintage: 1
Playsets (modern): 3-4
Vintage: 3-4
Lego's: 15-20 sets
Beasts: 1-5

I havent broke down the armies as I would need to count

Rough estimate(vintage and modern combine)

Stormtroopers: 20-25
Snowtroopers:5
Biker Scouts: 5-8
Tuskens: 4-6
Jawas: 7
Imperial Tropoers: 5-10
Clones: 20-25

I havent ventured into Battle droids yet. I have about 1 of each carded, thats about 10 total????

Droid
01-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Not counting Vintage figures, and counting EVERYTHING (beasts, battle bag creatures, Mynock, mouse droids, interrogation droids) as a separate action figure, I have 1,449 modern line figures.

I used to have a borderline disorder with this stuff and have now sold hundreds of figures that used to be in my collection. I used to try to do what Tycho is doing (I am not saying Tycho has a borderline disorder), to set up all the scenes from the movies at once. This requires over 20 Chewbaccas, etc.

I almost never buy more than one of a figure anymore. I have cut way back on my army building.

I now try to buy things on sale.

Storage and money became a real problem, even though I am an opener. I will never quit buying. I am just trying to be more reasonable.

Buy if you just by the cantina figures, there have been over 20 figures. Just Jabba's Palace there are over 30 figures. It doesn't take long to get the numbers up there.

Droid
01-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Oh, and I copied this from another post I did in another thread:

I have 67 Stormtroopers of various releases.
I have 49 Jawas of various releases.
I have 47 Sandtroopers of various releases.
I have 40 Battle Droids of various releases.
I have 23 Rebel Fleet Troopers of various releases.
I have 23 Endor Rebel Soldiers of various releases.
I have 19 Hoth Rebel Soldiers of various releases.
I have 14 Naboo Guards (7 Red, 7 Yellow).
I have 13 Snowtroopers of varoius releases.
I have 12 Weequays.
I have 12 Gamorrean Guards of various releases.
I have 11 Scout Troopers of various releases.

The most I have of any one carded figure:

56 original carded Stormtrooper
35 first carded Sandtrooper
27 first carded battled droids (combination of the four variations)
20 first carded Endor Rebel soldier
20 first carded Rebel Fleet Trooper
16 first carded Jawa 2-pack

Ji'dai
01-11-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't know my total collection amounts, but I do keep an accurate count of the number I currently have on display (since people invariably ask). As of today, I have 683 figures on display. This breaks down into 608 loose and 75 carded.

Loose - 608
558 Star Wars 3-3/4" (Hasbro)
24 Buffy the Vampire Slayer (MAC/DST)
9 Hellboy (Mezco)
5 Lord of the Rings (ToyBiz)
4 Simpsons (Playmates)
4 Ghostbusters (NECA)
2 Jack Sparrow 18" (NECA)
1 Purgatori (MAC)
1 Vampirella (MAC)

Carded - 75
67 Star Wars OTC/VOTC/POTC, Galactic Heroes, DVD Fig Set, Animated Clone Wars
5 Buffy the Buffy Vampire Slayer (MAC/DST)
2 Spawn (McFarlane)
1 Kill Bill (NECA)

I usually buy two of every Star Wars figure so most of the loose figures have carded versions too. I usually count large droid or animal accessories as a figure - i.e. Aunt Beru's Service Droid is counted separately, as are Massiffs and Pit Droids. Smaller accessories, such as Darth Vader's Interrogation Droid and the Senate-Cam Droids, are not counted.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-17-2005, 03:59 PM
By my count 788 assorted Star Wars collectables.

Micro Machines/Action Fleet
Episode II Action Fleet 3 boxed & 1 loose
Episode 1 vehicle packs 16 carded & 4 loose
Episode 1 playsets 9 carded & 5 loose
Episode 1 Diecast 2 carded
Episode 1 Action Fleet 5 carded & 4 loose
Classic Action Fleet 41 carded & 24 loose
Classic Playsets 20 carded & 26 loose
Assorted Vehicle Collections (classic, x-ray, SOTE, etc) 34 carded 51 loose
Classic Diecast 4 carded & 7 loose

Figures
Episode 1 44 carded & 21 loose
Episode 1 Deluxe 3 carded & 3 loose
Episode 1 Accessory Pack 1 carded
Episode 1 vehicles/creatures 2 carded & 4 loose

Kenner Vintage 6 loose

POTF2 figures 18 carded & 5 loose
POTF2 Vehicles/Creatures 2 carded

Cinema Scenes 16 carded & 3 loose

12 inch collection 3 carded & 2 loose

POTJ figures 60 carded and 11 loose
POTJ vehicles 4 carded
POTJ deluxe 4 carded & 1 loose

Saga Figures 87 carded & 25 loose
Saga Deluxe 15 carded & 1 loose
Saga Vehicles/Creatures 9 carded

Clone Wars Figures 5 carded
Clone War Animated Figures 3 carded
Clone Wars Deluxe 2 carded

Assorted 3 & 4 packs 4 carded & 2 loose

OTC figures 8 carded
VOTC 3 carded
OTC vehicles 3 carded

Star Wars unleased 2 carded & 1 loose

Collectible Cup & Figure 1 carded
Holiday 2002 set 1 carded
25th Anniversary Sets 3 carded
Trash Compactor Sets 2 carded
Silver figures collection 4 carded

Episode 1 Fast Food toys (not counting cups) 94 boxed & 74 loose

I hope it adds up :)

jedi-cpa
01-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Around 1100 figures...every ship and beast made, however many that is.

Jayspawn
01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah, the number of figures I have are beyond count at this point. It would take a specially assembled team to excavate my archives to get an estimate.

General_Grievous
01-29-2005, 11:55 PM
I have way too many to count, but I can say that I have (all loose):

Almost all the Vintage Figure Line except for the POTF figures

Every POTF2 Basic figure made (not counting Deluxe figures)

Every Episode 1 figure made

Every POTJ figure made

Every Saga figure made

Every VOTC figure

16 OTC and POTC figures

Every Clone Wars basic and animated figure

and....

the 4 EP3 preview figures.

:)

Sith Lord 0498
01-30-2005, 12:04 AM
I made a database and spreadsheet that catalogues my inventory, categories, money spent, etc. etc. Here's what I have so far (including items beyond Hasbro toys)

Artwork: 4 (lithographs, McQuarrie metal cards)
Audio/Video: 13 (DVD, VHS, soundtracks, etc.)
Books - Fiction: 41
Books - Reference: 11 (art books, making of, etc.)
Clothing and Accessories: 5 (ROTS shirt, ties)
Comics: 10 (trade paperbacks and single issues)
Entertainment - Games: 6 (X-Box, board and card games)
Entertainment - Puzzles: 12
Food Stuffs - PEZ Dispensers: 12 (entire OT/AOTC set)
Food Stuffs - Other: 6 (AOTC cereal boxes, etc.)
High-End Collectibles: 8 (Vader mini-helmet, scaled sabers, etc.)
Home Decoration: 1 (ROTJ wall clock)
Seasonal: 7 (Hallmark ornaments, X-Mas theme custom ARC Trooper)

The toys are all POTF2 to present (no vintage)
Toys - 12 Inch Scale: 9
Toys - Action Figures: 195
Toys - Beast Assortment: 6
Toys - Cinema Scenes: 4 (Saga Jedi Council & War Room)
Toys - Customizations: 8
Toys - Deluxe Figures: 13
Toys - LEGO: 10 (mini-building sets waves 1,2)
Toys - Limited Edition: 15 (TF Silver Vader, silver figs, 25th Anniv. sets, etc.)
Toys - Miniature Vehicles: 7 (Micro Machines)
Toys - Multi-Packs: 6
Toys - Role Playing Accessories: 11 (mostly lightsabers)
Toys - Statues: 18 (Epic Force and Unleashed)
Toys - Vehicles: 30
Visual Media - Theatrical Posters: 8
Visual Media - Other Posters: 8

GRAND TOTAL...484 items and $5800+ over the last 9-10 years (not counting items I've gotten rid of over the years).

whew... :eek: :speech:

jedi master sal
02-16-2006, 07:59 AM
As I don't have my spreadsheet on my computer at work, I'll have to esitmate, but I know as of the last count it was over 3000.

I'm doing some inventory over the weekend, so i'll try to get a more accurate number.

BTW, that number accounts for figures only, open or loose, mostly modern with a smattering of vintage.

If I had to count vehicles, beasts, promos, food wrappers/boxes, props, busts, etc, I know I'm at least double that.

What's funny (strange) is that I only have roughly 2500 unique entires (again a minimum guess) in the database. That's where the army building comes into play to account for the high number of actual items.

-Sal

Bobby Fett
02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
As of today, I have 337 carded action figures, POTF2-Saga 2.

bobafrett
02-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Don't really know off hand. I have been photographing my collection a little at a time. Last week was most of my carded figures, plus boxed 12" figures. I have been slowly seperating them into folders on my hard drive. Also I have like several multiples like I found 5 Leia's from the same figure, same card. I think one of them is a slight variant, something on the belt if I recall correctly.

UKWildcat
02-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Also I have like several multiples like I found 5 Leia's from the same figure, same card. I think one of them is a slight variant, something on the belt if I recall correctly.

Yea, the POTF '95 Leia had a belt variant. Two rings or Three rings. It's a tough one to spot and hardly noticeable, but a variant none-the-less.

Not sure exactly how many figures (carded) I have, but it would be in the 400-500 range and growing. I do have several vintage loose figures, from my early, early childhood. Mainly ones that were passed to me from my father and elder siblings, but I don't know how many exactly. Some complete, some not, they are in a tupperware in storage somewhere. I never really collected sets and beasts and vehicles and such... just figures, all carded. I am glad that I never got into the vehicles and sets though. They tend take up too much space (that I don't have) and they are expensive.

I have recently started plugging my collection into an Excel spreadsheet. Tedious work, but good a tool to catalogue and database a collection.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-17-2006, 01:05 AM
My database currently has 901 entries in it. That includes beasts, playsets and all types of vehicles of any size. Multi-figure sets count as one entry. When I get the chance, I'll try to get a better breakdown of what I have. I posted my clone breakdown in another thread a while back, but I forget where at the moment.

darkjedi_geneo
09-16-2006, 12:24 AM
too many loose, 159(sealed), someday i shall provide a total count.

DarthQuack
02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know of a good way to catalog all your figures? A good excel spreadsheet?

Blue2th
02-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I know I have every carded figure from Freeze Frames on, except for Weeguay of course, but every figure since. After opening a few and displaying them, I opened all my repeats, and found that I had to have every figure from POTF2 on in loose display. So how many is that? I would shudder to even imagine that number. Not to mention every vehicle and beast, every 7" Unleashed loose.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know of a good way to catalog all your figures? A good excel spreadsheet?
If you have Excel, it shouldn't be too hard. Just creat a column for each piece of data you want and start entering them. A database would probably be better. I don't have a decent spreadsheet or database, so I'm still using my old Appleworks database. I have fields for Figure, UPC, Store, Price, Date and Card.

I currently have 1086 entries in my database. I see I had 901 nearly a year ago when I posted. As mentioned then, this includes beasts, vehicles and playsets, and multipacks are one entry.

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 12:12 PM
too many to count but I can tell you that as of the 1st of February after lining up all of my Imperial Forces (not counting multiplies of Darth or the Emperor, basically just the troops and officers) I have over 350. But since we are getting more clones and stormies you should add about another 100 or so to that. I would easily guess that my total figure collection would be around 1500 + .

with the new clones and such here's what I want to get :

Galactic Marine (10)
Concept Stormtrooper (3)
Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper (5)
Female Imperial Officer (6)
Stormtrooper w/ Removable Helmet (10)
Felucia Clones Battlepack (2 Sets)
and 3 each of the Order 66 Clones
442 Siege Battalion (2)
5th Fleet Security (2)
Black Royal Guard (5)
Elite Corps Clone Trooper (5)
Combat Engineer Clone Trooper (5)
Jedi Temple Assualt Battlepack (2 Sets)
plus with all the clones and stormies in both the TAC and GH II line that haven't been mentioned I think that the Empire Display will swell to over 500+ very easily.

Don't even get me started on the Rebellion figures or the aliens / droids.

Kidhuman
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I just added up all the figures in my house at it totals 743. I didnt count beasts, vehicles or anything else, just figures. I have more at my parents house that I need to retrieve and count up. It also doesnt include vintage totals either.

stillakid
08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Last year sometime, I moved my entire collection to a storage unit nearby. :( I haven't had a real count for quite sometime, which is a bummer. I had to put something else in the unit yesterday which necessitated reorganizing the mess that it had become.

So the current answer to "how many do you have" is A LOT! If I died today and my family had to dig through it all, it would take quite some time to first empty it and organize it. A rough educated guess puts my figure count somewhere over a thousand, plus the vehicles, playsets, extra collectibles.

Hopefully sometime within the next twelve months or so I'll be able to liberate the collection from the confines of storage and get an accurate count. I'd like to weigh the entire mess sometime too. Just for fun! :D

Kidhuman
08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Weighing it would be great. Is your MOC, MIB or loose?

stillakid
08-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Weighing it would be great. Is your MOC, MIB or loose?

The vast majority of my figure collection is loose in Ziploc baggies. Some of the more recent figures are still packaged because of time contraints, I just haven't had the time to go through everything. I keep special items, like convention exclusives and the like, packaged because those are more about the cards than the figures.

jjreason
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
I just finished a detailed list of all my stuff (well, I haven't added a few carded "example" figures I've kept around - but it's largely done) and mine's a lot too. I included vintage, and I included each Jawa, Ugnaught and Ewok as a separate figure, as well as each Clone from those crappy deluxe 3 packs I bought so many of..... so some might call my numbers inflated. Here's the damage:

Action Figures: 1261 (like I said, some might call this inflated).

Vehicles (and this includes some small things like Luke's "Sport Skiff"): 67.

Creatures (including Bubo and Wol Cabas****e, one Wampa but not the other, one Jabba but not the other - all based on if how they were released): 22

Of note, I have exactly 1 more "Saga1" figure than I do POTF2. Looking through them, I bought WAY, WAY too many Saga1 figures.

This is interesting to me, actually putting numbers to my crap - but it's not necessarily good. :( What the hell am I supposed to do with all this stuff?

Collector_Kid
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure what I have...
Vintage loose- 15-20? (that's what i collect. lol)
Vintage carded- 1
Carded (1994-2006)- 18ish
Loose (1994-2005)- about 40
Ships (90's)- maybe 5
Maybe a few creatures here and there.
I have a lot of random stuff too. (BK toys, BK watches, lightsabers, vintage stuff, Chewbacca 1:1 standee)

Not too impressive, but I like what I have. =)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Earlier this year the total for figures (everything that was either a human, droid, sentient being, or very small animal; how they were packaged notwithstanding) and it was over 900. I'm packing them all right now since we're moving in a few weeks (thankfully only about 5 miles away, so I can handle all the figures myself) and it's a real doozy, but I'll likely count them again at the new house.

jedi master sal
09-04-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm well over the 3500 figure range. With at least 500 AOTC clones and 700+ various ROTS clones alone in that total. There's about 350 Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers/Scout troopers and two hundred other Imperial troop types. At least 150 Rebels between the Fleet troopers, Hoth rebel soldiers, Endor rebel troops, Rebel Honor guards. I buy at least one of every other figure and that's at least 600 more there, plus there are multiples of other kinds of troops and aliens, like the Naboo soldiers, Jawas, Tuskens, etc.

It would take me several hours to go through my whole collection and count each and every figure. And depending on what you count s a figure or not could vary the outcome, so safely I'll say it's over 3500, prolly closer to 3700-3800, but that's a quick approximation and accounting for stuff some people might not consider figures, like the Mynock, Massiff, Jawa w/LIN droid (which I count as TWO figs), etc.

One of these days I should sit down and add these up. I actually just got up to date with inventorying with only one tub and one small box left to inventory and then I'll be current up to new purchases.

-Sal

TeeEye7
09-05-2007, 04:17 AM
:( What the hell am I supposed to do with all this stuff?

Invite each and every one of them for a shot of Malibu, of course! :Pirate: ;)

x13squadleader
02-14-2008, 06:10 PM
about 2000 plus loose.and almost all variations in package.throw in vehicles and ships.200 or so more.

sergiurusu
02-15-2008, 06:07 AM
I guess I have the smallest action figure collection (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/559675204AhepRS) here, about 50. I sold/traded/given away most of my action figures, kept just the Imperials and some droids.

pkalan70
02-27-2008, 04:36 PM
24,345 figures
2281 vehicles
and 3 playsets
Thanks hasbro for all you have done
Who needs playsets anyway?
WE DO! WE DO! WE DO!

Banthaholic
03-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I couldn't even ballpark this one. Anybody have any idea of how many figures have been made in the modern line? Minus some nitpicky variations I should one of each.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-01-2008, 11:42 PM
One thing for sure, it would take a while if I counted them like Sesame Street's Count does.

Banthaholic
03-02-2008, 12:18 AM
One thing for sure, it would take a while if I counted them like Sesame Street's Count does.
I can vision the Count now: One, two... two Stormtroopers Ha, Ha , Ha, three, three stormtroopers ha ha ha

stillakid
11-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow, I've got a lot of Star Wars toys!

I hope to be moving to a larger place sometime in the next few months, so maybe I'll get the chance to go through it all and come up with a new inventory total which must be in the mid to high 1000 number.

I'm just curious if any of the better organized collectors out there have any idea how many figures there actually are? Specifically, how many "unique" individual figures have been released. Waves and lines and other release strategies aren't important. The question is, how many different Lukes, how many Leias, etc.

Anyone have any idea?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2008, 08:46 PM
My spreadsheet currently has 1419 items in it, which includes vehicles and multipacks as single items.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm just curious if any of the better organized collectors out there have any idea how many figures there actually are? Specifically, how many "unique" individual figures have been released. Waves and lines and other release strategies aren't important. The question is, how many different Lukes, how many Leias, etc.
Completing such a task is getting increasingly difficult, what with all the rereleases, variations, and multipacks that tweak something slightly. For instance, do the new Yaddle and Even Piell new figures count as actual new figures, or just variations of the old ones? Do the new "clean" clone figures in the Clone Wars line count as honest-to-God new figures, or just variations? What about the Owen and Beru from the Lars Homestead set?

At any rate, I hope to organize and set up my Star Wars room over Thanksgiving break, and I plan to re-count my figures then. I kind of shudder to think what the number might be. I said on the last page that it was over 900, but this past year has been a real doozy for multipacks, army builders, and so on, so who knows for sure.

stillakid
11-12-2008, 09:39 PM

I hope to be moving to a larger place sometime in the next few months, so maybe I'll get the chance to go through it all and come up with a new inventory total which must be in the mid to high 1000 number.

Anyone have any idea?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-12-2008, 09:47 PM

Anyone have any idea?
It's a post so nice, you made it twice.

stillakid
11-12-2008, 10:13 PM
It's a post so nice, you made it twice.

Ooops! Sorry.. operator error. Or I could blame it on Vista!

Snowtrooper
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
I keep fairly close tabs on my inventory.

2241 figures
107 vehicles & playsets

I do keep track of how many of each particular character I have. But its not according to unique figures its just what releases I happened to buy. Some may consider a repaint to be a unique figure while others may not. These also do include some multiples, but not a whole lot.

Anyways, here are some of my character #s:

Luke - 64
Leia - 29
Han - 38
Chewbacca - 23
C3P0 -20
R2-D2 - 25
Lando - 9
Obi-Wan - 46
Darth Vader (includes Anakin) -88
Yoda - 22
Emperor (includes Chancellor Palpatine) - 22
Boba Fett - 22

I can break these down further into the various outfits they've worn through the series. Don't know why, but I like to keep track of trivial little details like that.

stillakid
11-12-2008, 11:00 PM
I can break these down further into the various outfits they've worn through the series. Don't know why, but I like to keep track of trivial little details like that.

I started a project a long time ago but never had the time to finish... I was going through every scene in the Star Wars movies and saving a frame every time a new character showed up the first time and a frame for every new "look."

I don't remember the numbers for ANH, but Luke had something like 5 or 6 unique looks. I was going to make a webpage or "book" with stills of all of these variations for every character and then keep track as Hasbro churned out toys over the years.

I still think it's a great idea and would love to do it myself, but time for that isn't one of those things that is in abundance. What would be the ultimate would be a book that had film stills like that along with each figure that Hasbro has made, carded and loose. So sort of like that gray Action Figure book that came out a few years ago, but with the addition of the movie stills.

Trying to keep track via this non-sensical "lines" and "waves" release thing is ridiculous. Who gives a flying hooha what "line" a figure came out with. All that matters is if every "look" that a character has in the movies is made into a little toy. :)

bobafrett
11-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I began taking a photographic inventory of my collection, but started dating with my then girlfriend staying with me, and occupying the time I had used to take te pictures. Then after 4 months, she moved in with me, and I had to pack up some of my collection. Most of that had been photographed already, however I have since added to my collection, and mixed it in with my other figures, and now I forgot what has been already in my inventory, and what isn't. Not to mention that about a month ago I was working 65 to 70 hours a week.

My figures were photographed in clusters, and after I took the pictures, and down loaded then to my computer, I noticed they were blurry. I also had to save them to CD as my computer had a virus and I had to wipe it clean. The only thing I have is the pictures I saved.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-13-2008, 06:19 PM
I just updated my figure totals (after buying the Jousting Obi-Wan Legacy one), and I'm exactly 65 from 1000. I think I might stop on that number, if I can, a la Roberto Clemente and his 3000 hits.

I can walk into virtually any store now, see figures on the pegs that I do not own, and leave without buying any nor with any regret. That's sad. :(

Kidhuman
11-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Are you going to die in a plane crash at 1000, a la Roberto Clemente and 3000 hits?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Don't go riding on private planes with musicians.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Are you going to die in a plane crash at 1000, a la Roberto Clemente and 3000 hits?Leave it to a kidhumanitarian to think of such a thing.

But, to answer the question, yes, yes I am going to die in a plane crash at 10:00am, a la a Baseball Hall of Famer with 3000 hits.

Thunderbird
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure how many I have exactly, I've been asked that question many times and just haven't had the time to count:cross-eye

Here's some pics I took a few weeks back. I've been re organizing my collections but still have along way to go. It's kinda hard to tell but each peg in the first pic is 6-8 figures deep, 17 rows across and 10 rows high:yes:

There's ALOT more once I get organized, vehicles, playsets, ect...

bobafrett
11-16-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure how many I have exactly, I've been asked that question many times and just haven't had the time to count:cross-eye

Here's some pics I took a few weeks back. I've been re organizing my collections but still have along way to go. It's kinda hard to tell but each peg in the first pic is 6-8 figures deep, 17 rows across and 10 rows high:yes:

Okay, you nerd! Just kidding. Just jealous.

Thunderbird
11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Okay, you nerd! Just kidding. Just jealous.

Wait til you see the rest:shocked:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Wait til you see the rest:shocked:

More? More did you spake?

Thunderbird
11-18-2008, 08:05 PM
More? More did you spake?

Oh ya, ALOT more:yes:

Those pics are from the door way, I'll be working in there this weekend and hopefully get some pics of the loose figures, ships, playsets (vintage and moderen)

Then there's the other stuff,(posters, store displays, food promos, the list goes on...

I'll see how far I get this weekend and post some more. I'll be happy just to get a count of my carded collection, I don't think I'll ever know exactly how many loose figures I have;)

DarkArtist
11-23-2008, 03:07 PM

WOW !!!!!!:eek::eek:that's one impressive collection. i'm hoping that someday i can set all my stuff up (hopefully this spring) and take some pics to showcase it.

hate having to leave it boxed up and in cases and stuff.:upset:

Thunderbird
11-25-2008, 07:56 PM
OK I finally have a total for my carded collection. As of today it 1209. This covers 1995- present, basic figure assorment. I can only think of about 5-6 variation that I've missed over the years, and someday hope to find them.
I still need to add exlusives, and a few othes sub-lines, but that was alot of work just to get that far.

Next step will be to try and get a loose figure total but that will take a while.