PDA

View Full Version : Mace vs. Boba

VeryLaZ
05-26-2002, 12:19 AM
If it happened Mace or Boba?

Darth Stroker
05-26-2002, 01:48 AM
BOBA!!! BOBA KICKS ***!!!!!!!!!! and he does have his own gunship.. not to mention the 2 million clone brothers who might have his side...

Darth Stroker
05-26-2002, 01:52 AM
actually.. i had a brainstorm.. think about this..

Mace is running around with a ton of clonetroopers.. when they see boba they see part of themselves and join his side.. mace then gets shot down by around 50 clonetroopers at once (all shoot at the same time)..

though i'm almost sure this won't happen (they probably got some kind of shot to prevent it from happening on kamino), it would be pretty damn cool...

VeryLaZ
05-26-2002, 02:19 AM
I like the way u think Stroker

SaeseeTiin
05-26-2002, 02:28 AM
That's a really cool idea although I doubt it would happen. But if it did, how about they all shot at Mace who does a 360 degree force-blast sending them all flying, he then in a quick motion deflects lasers from Boba's gun(s), destroying them in the process, and then force-drags Boba to him, capturing him and regaining the help of the clones for the time being...
What do you think?
STiin

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by SaeseeTiin
That's a really cool idea although I doubt it would happen. But if it did, how about they all shot at Mace who does a 360 degree force-blast sending them all flying, he then in a quick motion deflects lasers from Boba's gun(s), destroying them in the process, and then force-drags Boba to him, capturing him and regaining the help of the clones for the time being...
What do you think?
STiin

Where exactly does he die?

Back to Boba-Jango. One is an exact duplicate of the other, so, being equally matched, they would keep fighting until they both fell over and died from exhaustion.

Darth Stroker
05-26-2002, 05:50 PM
ok.. i'm lost.. where did jango come in on this one???

JediTricks
05-26-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Back to Boba-Jango. One is an exact duplicate of the other, so, being equally matched, they would keep fighting until they both fell over and died from exhaustion. Wait a second, Boba is a physical clone of Jango, but they don't have the same memories or experiences, so they won't fight the same way.

Runobot
05-28-2002, 11:21 AM
If a blind Luke could punk out Boba Fett, I am sure Mace would whip him easily. After all, he is the second most powerful jedi behind Yoda.

Jedi Clint
05-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Blind Han.

JediTricks
05-28-2002, 08:55 PM
And Han didn't "punk out" Fett, he just turned around and accidentally activated the jetpack. Boba Fett's death wasn't even on purpose, that's how crummy it is! No fault of Boba Fett's IMO, while his father had a much worse death since he faced his attacker and failed.

Chewtobacco
05-29-2002, 11:46 PM
To answer the question, undoubtedly Mace would take care of that little ankle biter Boba. Even if Boba had all kinds of pent up teenage aggression, Mace would fling Boba like baby poop.

Darth_Stevious
05-30-2002, 12:15 AM
I really don't think that Boba would be any more of a match for a Jedi than his father was. Even with all of his nifty little tricks Jango was only able to fight Obi-Wan to a stalemate and then got his head lopped off by Mace. Boba Fett deffinitely seemed to inherit his father's fighting skills (at least as far as Jedi are concerned) when you see how inept he looked in ROTJ. With all of the other weapons and tricks he had at his disposal he chose to attack a Jedi with a rope, leaving himself open for an attack from behind by a blind man with a stick. They may have been kick butt bounty hunters, but he and his father couldn't fight Jedi worth a darn.

Runobot
05-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Exacty. Boba gets rocked by this one. But, let's not forget Jango did kill a council member

Dryanta
05-30-2002, 09:40 AM
Jango taking down a Counsel member was a cheap shot IMO.And I think Obi Wan would have taken him out.But he was trying to capture him,not dispose of him.Mace would take Boba out very very quickly.Sadly I don't think that's how it'll play out on film.

Chewtobacco
07-19-2002, 06:57 PM
Seems like the general concensus is that most believe Boba is going to get his revenge. That seems almost too obvious of a setup. Although I believe it's a 50% chance that it will become part of the storyline, what are some of the alternatives?

Consider that Jango is the host of the clones. Heck, Boba could pick a new dad out of 100,000 at that point. The kid has got to realistically have some serious identity issues from that alone. Perhaps he goes into deep psycho therapy and doesn't emerge until ESB.

Personally, I don't think Boba's much of a threat. He doesn't scare me any more than Mini-Me does in the Austin Powers movies.

We have yet to see Mace really "throw down" one on one with anyone. We need to see that. It won't happen with Boba. If Boba knocks Mace off, it'll be a total fluke, or he'll need the help of someone a hell of a lot smarter.

What do you think?:D

DeadEye
07-19-2002, 08:08 PM
Boba will not kill anyone in Ep3. Lucas said so himself.

Chewtobacco
07-19-2002, 08:53 PM
Cool DeadEye. Where'd you read/hear that?

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth Stroker
actually.. i had a brainstorm.. think about this..

Mace is running around with a ton of clonetroopers.. when they see boba they see part of themselves and join his side.. mace then gets shot down by around 50 clonetroopers at once (all shoot at the same time)..

though i'm almost sure this won't happen (they probably got some kind of shot to prevent it from happening on kamino), it would be pretty damn cool...

Nope. Can't happen. the Kaminoans said that the clones, while capable of individual thought for use in battle, have no ability to do anything other than follow their orders and therefore would have no feelings toward helping anyone wether they look like them or not. Their only concern is the mission.

darthvader92
07-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Mace would win that fight.Do not expect Boba to kill Mace in Ep3!! If his dad could not kill him,what makes you think a 12 or 13 kid will a Jedi Master.

starwars92570
07-19-2002, 11:37 PM
It's possible that Boba could use slave 1 or the Kaminians give him that growth thing.

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 09:56 AM
Lucas has said himself that Boba will kill no one in Episode III, and his role will be no larger than that in Episode II.

DarthChuckMc
07-20-2002, 10:09 PM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Ep3 takes place 3 years after Ep2. Since Boba grows at a normal human's growth rate, that would make him about 13. I find it very hard to believe that a 13yo could kill the 2nd most powerful Jedi Master, with the exception of blowing him to bits with Slave 1 or a cheap shot from behind with a blaster. IF we see Mace die, my guess is that it will be at Anakin's hands.

MFH
07-21-2002, 02:17 PM
I predict that Boba Fett will die in Ep3.

Just kidding. Obviosly, he won't be killed. That is one problem with seeing Ep4-6 first. We already know who lives and who doesn't.

DarthBatman
07-22-2002, 03:02 AM
If Mace gets punked by some 13 year old wannabe clone, why is he even on the council?

DarthSetnom
07-25-2002, 08:18 PM
Because if he doesn't die at Boba Fett's hands then there will be nothing that can justify his reputation in OT.

Heck, we never know what's coming next, no matter who sayse what. (DeadEye I wish you could only let us know where you heard or read that because i can't remember that).

MAYBE he could go back to Kamino and accellerate his own aging process, remember this is SW and anything is possible. One more thing, he might end up killing Mace Windu by mere luck and pretend to have accomplished a great mission. The cape might turn out to be all that's left of Master Windu so he took it to prove his death and for motivation.

Again, we don't even know how much time will pass between AOTC and Episode 3. Maybe Anakin won't even be a padawan anymore.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-25-2002, 09:39 PM
www.theforce.net

Darth Sidious
07-25-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
And Han didn't "punk out" Fett, he just turned around and accidentally activated the jetpack. Boba Fett's death wasn't even on purpose, that's how crummy it is! No fault of Boba Fett's IMO, while his father had a much worse death since he faced his attacker and failed.

He may have failed, but you must realize that that wasn't just any attacker...

Master Plo- Koon
07-26-2002, 06:04 PM
If Im not mistaken Boba Fett did not die in the sarlacc. According to some of my expanded universe books, and official guide to charaters, he escaped the sarlacc nearly death also, and was helped by dengar. Then he later got his ship back from an impound.

DarthSetnom
07-26-2002, 08:31 PM
i don't mean to be mean or anything, but maybe we should keep EU out of this, because none of the events that take place in it are canon. And sometimes the movies show different stuff after all

I mean Boba Fet was not supposed to be a clone... right?

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Chewtobacco
He doesn't scare me any more than Mini-Me does in the Austin Powers movies.

What do you think?:D

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the stick................

sunblind
07-31-2002, 01:27 PM
I still think it would be ungreat to see Mace die this way.
But it would be great in the eyes of a young bounty hunter starting to realize the true power of boba fett!

DarthSetnom
08-01-2002, 02:26 AM
like i said before... he might nail him with a lucky "Hail Mary" shot from behind the back while MW is kicking some serious droid behind.

TK21874
08-01-2002, 09:02 AM
Boba may not be able to take out mace but he is gonna help Vader take out as many Jedi as possible. Why do you think Vader called Boba "The best bounty hunter in the galaxy" in the SW Christmas Special & Ordered "No Discengration" in ESB.

Maybe those aren't Wookie braids over his sholder but Padawan's. THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

DarthSetnom
08-02-2002, 01:12 AM
yeah that was a common theory back in 2000 and i still believe it might be true and that it would be cool. nevertheless GL will most likely deliver a disappointing "NO BOBA FETT" Episode 3.

TheFrankEinstein
08-06-2002, 03:23 AM
Okay, the thought of Boba's braids being Jedi morbidly makes me need that 300th Boba Fett.

But I think Anakin will take out Mace. The focus of the prequels is entirely on Anakin, so George needs that little spark of evil that would come from ANAKIN SLAUGHTERING THE ENTIRE JEDI COUNCIL! HOOWA!

DarthSetnom
08-06-2002, 06:15 PM
Yeah but Anakin still has to be defeated by Obi-Wan in Ep3... Powerful as he may be, he still lacks experience so there's no way he could take out the entire Council.

My guess is that Anakin will destroy Dooku and become the new Apprentice, then help track and destroy many of the Jedi and friends of the Republic, perhaps even kick some serious butt with a new starfighter and finally, be one of the two warriors involved in the best lightsaber fight ever (which is just what i expect to see in Ep3, and no less).