PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Jettster

DarkArtist
07-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Hasbro please remake this figure. First the height of the figure is off. This figure should tower over Obi Wan like in the movie but instead the current figure stands roughly the same height.
The accessories you packaged made no sense except for the Kamino saber dart. Cool accessories would have been the waitress droid and maybe a diner table for both Dex and Obi Wan to sit at. :D :D
Please remake this figure. I thought the character was great and a new sculpt would kick ***.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-19-2002, 11:16 PM
I thought the Dex figure is fine. It dwarfs the CC Obi-Wan. Then again, I like the idea of the waitress droid.

Nexu
07-20-2002, 12:34 AM
Uh, how do knives that he was using in the movie make "No Sense?"
You start talking about the droid, or the table, and you're looking at a deluxe figure. I think that he's one of the best figures in te line.

Jek Porky 2002
07-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Same here, the only complaint I have is the pointless electro effect he comes with!

Jargo
07-20-2002, 08:42 PM
Dex is never likely to be remade. The figure is movie accurate in the respect that he's accurate in detail. His size is possibly slightly smaller than he should be due to the amount of plastic it uses to make him. In the same way that Ephant Mon will be slightly smaller than the film costume. If they'd made him bigger he would have to be a deluxe figure and therefore cost more to us the consumer. He's a huge figure and cost as much as Yoda which i think is brilliant. His accessories weren't used in the movie but he still came character specific accessories not a silly gun or something. The electro stuff was daft but you can just toss that aside.

But I would like to see the waitress droid and the waitress in the blue dress. maybe a couple of the diner patrons too. But until it's a real non movie year we can kiss these goodbye. I've put Dex in my jabba's palace diorama because it's a logical place for an ugly alien cook with no diner to inhabit. Dex is currently arguing with a Gamorrean guard about his menu for Jabba's lunch. Dex seems quite happy working at Jabba's. :)

SID
07-20-2002, 09:55 PM
The Dex figure is fine.

The figure hasbro needs to make is that droid waitress that worked with Dex in that cool Diner.;)

Jayspawn
07-21-2002, 02:30 AM
I think the Dex figure is just fine also. Emperor Jargo has the right idea. I can go without the waitress droid though. I thought it was an annoying and meaningless character. Plus it didn't even look like a 'Star Wars' droid.

DarthMaulSithLord
07-21-2002, 10:09 PM
Although i don't have Dex yet, i think the fig looks great. No need for a resculpt.

:)

evenflow
07-22-2002, 11:01 AM
I think that they don't need to redo him. He is fine.

Master Goeweins
07-24-2002, 12:05 PM
Great figure. And the extra electo blue things can go to my Darth Vader lifting the Emperor. You can never get enough of that blue stuff, just use it elsewhere!

LTBasker
07-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Nah, great figure, it's not like it was given the May 3rd Boss Nass treatment. As for the electro-effect, it wasn't glued on, there is no sense in complaining about that, methinks, it was just to attract kids more.

I would only want a remake if it was deluxe and came with the stove he was working behind and FLO (the droid).

thespar
07-24-2002, 04:36 PM
the figure fine and nive add o the 1st 27 because he was not much of a main chacter with all the newer lines the only way we been getting backgroud chacter where by voting for them.

DarkArtist
07-30-2002, 07:52 PM
I am not syaing that the figure has a bad sculpt, in fact that's one of the pluses for that figure. I just mean that if a character is a certain height in the movie then it should be scaled to that size when made into a figure. After all we finally got two Chewbacca's that are in scale, yet still no Darth Vader. I just feel that Hasbro can do a better job scaling that's all. As far as accessories go, so far some of the figures have just had bad pack ins. OLP Annie with that trunk and Gun ????? Yoda with that wierd Levitation platform ???? If you make a figure give the figure the right treatment for accessories and not some usless piece that doesn't work.

Beast
07-30-2002, 07:59 PM
DarkArtist, every vader since Dagobah Spirit has been in scale. And Dexter is perfectly fine. He wasn't that much taller then Obi-Wan in the movie. As for the accessories, you do realise these figures were in production long before the film was even finished right. The accessories are fine, when you consider that fact. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jonboy
07-30-2002, 11:36 PM
Dex ranks up there with one of the best saga figs just for sheer detail.