PDA

View Full Version : Djas Puhr variation!

wdstewar
07-19-2002, 07:44 PM
The Djas I bought has two different guns. They are obviously supposed to be the same, but they are slightly different.

Variation or Hasbro production error?

Take a look:

http://www.villagephotos.com/extern/450017.jpg

Here's a closeup.

http://www.villagephotos.com/extern/450019.jpg

hango fett
07-19-2002, 07:46 PM
i have one like that. it's just got bent in the bubble. worht about a dime more than the regular retail price.
BTW, welcome!!!

Beast
07-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Looks like the gun just was warped when it came out of the mold, so it's an error. Same thing happened on some of the Jango figures blasters. I suggest you take it back and get one with better guns. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wdstewar
07-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Sheesh, all these errors!

Does Hasbro's QC department consist of one drunk guy? Heh.

Beast
07-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Hasbro doesn't have any more QC problems then any other toy line. It's just that the Star Wars line is a more collector orientated line, and with all the websites dedicated to the hobby out there, it makes it seem like everything hasbro produces has errors.

If it wasn't for the internet, collecting websites, and the insane prices that some Star Wars errors garner on Ebay, things like this would be alot less noticed. What happened to the days when you got a messed up toy, and actually returned to the store to get a replacement. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-19-2002, 08:03 PM
those days are gone, jarjar. sorry to say so, but everyone wants a little mula in there pocket.

Thumb Wars
07-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
those days are gone, jarjar. sorry to say so, but everyone wants a little mula in there pocket.

how true is this!

i for one am getting tired of the whole variant/error deal. people nit-pick these figures to death, tryingf to find something that makes theirs worth more then there neighbors!! give it up!! no wonder i can't find any yoda's. cause people are looking for the green eyed, non green eyed versions, and dooku's hologram head up/down versions. and the completists are the worst! they got to have everything!!! leave some for the rest of us, eh fellas???

hango fett
07-19-2002, 08:58 PM
hey! i'm a completist! we leave plenty for everyone! unless, of course there is only one left...can't help that!!

jdmarlow
07-20-2002, 12:24 AM
Pics are not coming up - - ???

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-20-2002, 12:56 AM
I bought two Djas (since he is a cool looking figure) and I thought I had an error on my hands. One of the Djas was missing one of his gun's! After a few minutes researching the net to see if this was a problem that anyone else had reported, I realized that old Djas had misplaced his gun. It was located hidden behind his left leg. Guess the plastic tie down thingy that attaches his gun to the hand must of not been put on correctly.

Figurestasher
07-20-2002, 01:03 AM
pics aren't coming up because the bandwith is exceded for the site they are on or server, whatever.

Considering Hasbro makes millions of these figures isn't it reasonable there's going to be plenty of errors. I've seen thousands of each figure myself. I mean they are freakin plastic and most are cheaply made so what do you expect. Its not like they pop out of a cloning chamber with identical genetics, lol. Also I still return figs when they're is something messed up with them. I got a Kit Fisto with the stupid lightsaber bouncing around the pack, annoying if you ask me. And some painting errors look stupid in my opinion so I return them or kick um to a diehard error/variation collector.

Oh, btw Djas is like the coolest figure, variation or not, loose and on the card. Although, those guns are the worst, flimsiest things ever... what the hell was hasbro thinking.

Darth Narcis
07-20-2002, 01:34 AM
i remember some "errors" when i was little, my gi joes sometimes were a little bit different than my friends', and they were made by hasbro then! that was the 80's!

JediTricks
07-20-2002, 03:45 AM
That's weird, on the one I got, the gun is severely bent, but in the other way.

Originally posted by wdstewar
Sheesh, all these errors!

Does Hasbro's QC department consist of one drunk guy? Heh. He works the night shift, the armless monkey works the day shift. :D

JJB, I've bought an awful lot of toys over the years and I have NEVER seen any ratio even remotely approaching the amount of errors this SAGA line has. It's not like Hasbro's running off a million of these a day. For example, at most they shipped 50,000 Kit Fistos so far, wouldn't you say? I believe they said a full run of one fig is 100,000 units, right? Of that, I live in a major metropolitan area but it's not like we get SO many more figures than a city like Baltimore, so let's say Los Angeles gets 1/20th of that run, that's 2,500 Kit Fistos in LA and there's no way I could have seen them all, obviously, but let's say I've seen 1/10th of them, that means I've seen 250 Kit Fistos in the past 3 months, not including the same figure more than once. In that time, I've seen 6 broken sabers, over a dozen severely messed-up paint jobs (my fav was the perfectly blacked-out front tooth), and the one I own had the magnet pop out of the hand. That means that out of 250 Kit Fistos, perhaps over 20 of them were errors, that's a "fail" percentage of almost 10%, including the unlikely possibility that the one I would pick up would be a "fail" as well (the odds against that being at least 250 to 1, probably double that since I was super-careful in picking mine). Can you honestly tell me a 10% fail ratio sounds like a reasonable amount of quality control to you? If one roll of toilet paper in a 12pack gave you hemorrhoids, would that be acceptable to you? If you bought 100 action stands and 10 pegs broke off in your 10 figures' foot holes because the defective pegs had large imperfections in them, would you consider that money well-spent?

hango fett
07-20-2002, 09:11 AM
you are correct. those guns on djas are goofy.... replaced them with jango FB's guns...they look very cool now...

rynobot
07-20-2002, 02:22 PM
Hasbro could fix the errors, but its cheaper for them not to.

Turbowars
08-03-2002, 11:37 AM
I love errors!!! I wish there was more. I just found a fisto with no saber and no it's not at the bottom of the bubble. It was never paced in his hand. You ask why I like errors? I will never tell.;)