PDA

View Full Version : that just is not fair!

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-19-2002, 10:42 PM
that gamecube and x-box get jedi knight 2:jedi outcast
but ps2 doesnt, i wanted to buy for ps2(and yes i already have it for computer)

DeadEye
07-19-2002, 10:57 PM
If you already have it for PC, then why the hell would you want it on a PS2? On PS2 it would have poorer graphics, poorer sound, lower resolution, hokey controls, blurry textures, disgusting graphics, low framerate, and more! All you'd be doing is paying for the same game twice--and the original is better! :)

Also, why does your sig now say Kyle is one of your favorite characters? And why is he your avatar? You said before he was one of your most hated characters...what am I missing here?

JediDan
07-20-2002, 11:53 AM
It should be awesome on the X Box. Since my computer is too slow to handle the game for the PC, the XBox version should be just as good and I won't have to play using a keyboard. I hate playing games with a keyboard and I could never get controllers to work on my computer. Just wish it was online enabled for X Box though.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-20-2002, 01:58 PM
sorry deadeye, i change my mind a lot....

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 04:29 PM
I've found most console gamers have trashy computers.
Since I have a high-end computer, there's absolutely no reason for me to play console games--the only reason I would is that fantastic games like Metal Gear Solid 2 aren't out on PC. :p

MikeAndTheBots
07-21-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye

Since I have a high-end computer, there's absolutely no reason for me to play console games--the only reason I would is that fantastic games like Metal Gear Solid 2 aren't out on PC. :p
Exactly. Not only do you miss out on the good quality of the SP game on console but there's no (real) MP and no mods.

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Thank you! Someone who agrees with me! :)

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-21-2002, 02:00 PM
i dont have trashy computer, i play more computer games then i do my game consules, I play warcraft...

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 02:21 PM
So why did you want JK2 on PS2? :confused: You'd have a trashy computer if games looked better on your PS2 than on your PC. :D

JediDan
07-21-2002, 05:14 PM
Well Deadeye some of us are not as lucky as you to have parents buy you a high end computer. I make the best with what I have and what I can afford. I don't have someone who will spend $1,000+ to buy me a computer.

In response to your comment, I've found most console gamers have trashy computers. Well one thing that I have noticed is kids with high end computers are mostly spoiled little brats. :D

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 05:20 PM
Not necessarily. Parents who buy their kid a high-end computer are no different from those buy buy their kid a Playstation, a Playstation2, a Gameboy Advance, a GameCube, and an X-box. :D

QLD
07-21-2002, 05:46 PM
I have a "high-end" computer and a PS2, X-Box, Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast, SNES, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega Master System, TurboGraphix, Atari 2600, 3-DO, Jaguar, and Playstaiton......that I bought all with my money.

However, I still prefer playing most games on consoles. Specs aside, it is just more fun, especially for multiplayer games. Nothing beats playing with people who are right beside you.

JediDan
07-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Then I say those are some darn lucky kids. I hope they know how lucky they really are. Sorry for the comment Deadeye, it's just many of your comments are sickening to read. You hold yourself in such high esteem over everyone else. It just gets old after awhile.

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Yeah...and everyone b*tching gets old after a while too. :frus:

QLD, sitting with the people you frag is okay...but the gameplay is horrible with a split screen!

MikeAndTheBots
07-21-2002, 07:48 PM
See I don't have any console and my computer is high end I guess (well it was when we bought it) but its not just mine. I mainly use it but my parents use it too (my sister has her own POS comp from like '97) so its not like my parents spent $1000+ on me alone.

QLD
07-22-2002, 12:18 AM
Well, as you say, if you have a "high-end" tv, it's not a problem at all.

MikeAndTheBots
07-22-2002, 12:24 AM
You know, you can sit next to the people you're fragging and still see full screen on the PC. Its called a LAN party...

QLD
07-22-2002, 03:09 AM
Yeah, but LAN party's, I admit are very cool, are not very practical at all. And in most groups of friends, the person with the "high-end" computer is the exception.

DeadEye
07-22-2002, 10:28 AM
Even the most high-end TVs in the world still cannot match the resolution on a monitor.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-22-2002, 11:54 AM
i have a high end computer, well i got a cable modem and a link sys router(i think that what it's called)my whole famaliy uses it though

QLD
07-22-2002, 12:06 PM
True, but my eyes are barely good enough to tell the difference. So I'll take the WEGA for gaming experiences.

DeadEye
07-22-2002, 03:23 PM
I have cable modem too.

If we have a big SSG match, we'll all need quick internet connections, plus a T1/Cable/DSL to host. Anyone with 56K or less joining lags up the server for everybody.

pthfnder89
07-24-2002, 02:35 PM
QLD, sitting with the people you frag is okay...but the gameplay is horrible with a split screen!

It definitely isn't the best if you don't have a large TV, but it can still be extremely fun. Obviously LAN parties are the ultimate way to play multiplayer since you can play with your friends in the same room, but they are such a huge pain to set up that most people (like me and my friends) don't have the time.

So console multiplayer gives us a great way to frag each other face-to-face and have a blast.

I've been a console AND PC gamer for my entire life; there has literally never been a time before I was 3-4 years old that we did not have a computer (an Apple IIe) and a game console (and Intellivision) in the house. I can honestly say that there is no distinct advantage between the two; each has ups and downs and I love both types of platforms.

As a wise man once said, "It's all about the GAMES baby!"

DeadEye, what're the specs of your comp? I'm hopefully going to get a new one by Sept. before Galaxies comes out, but it depends on if I can find a second job soon. Enjoy your youth my young friend:) Once you have to pay for everything yourself, trust me, it's a damn pain! :mad:

My current comp [P2 450, 512RAM, GeForce2, Soundblaster Live Platinum] was an Xmas present from my dad when I was just a bit older than you, about 4 years ago. It's served me well but it's time to retire it from gaming life, It barely meets the min. reqs. for lots of games anymore:(

pthfnder89
07-24-2002, 02:45 PM
Even the most high-end TVs in the world still cannot match the resolution on a monitor.

True, but when was the last time you got to play Jedi Outcast on a 55" computer monitor? ;)

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 03:20 PM
A 55" monitor? Ha,...a TV screen that big is nice, but the resolution is disgustingly low...images are stretched and distorted, and poorly rendered textures are a blurry mess...

My comp is an AMD 2100+, 1024MB RAM, Geforce3...very high-end...since the only real difference between a Geforce3 and 4 is double memory, and no games even take advantage of the Geforce3's memory yet, so...:D

MikeAndTheBots
07-24-2002, 03:52 PM

My comp is an AMD 2100+, 1024MB RAM, Geforce3...very high-end...since the only real difference between a Geforce3 and 4 is double memory, and no games even take advantage of the Geforce3's memory yet, so...:D
....oh....my.....god.....that.....must.....kick... .major....***.....

Jonna
07-24-2002, 03:56 PM
I have no idea what anyone is talking about and I was like Weeeeeeeeeee!

This is just a drive-by Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

....oh....my.....god.....that.....must.....kick... .major....***.....

Damn straight. :D

MikeAndTheBots
07-24-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
I have no idea what anyone is talking about and I was like Weeeeeeeeeee!

This is just a drive-by Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Someone's been watching too much "Gonads and Strife"...

Deadeye: You play Q3 or any of its mods?

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 08:03 PM
I play every first-person shooter there is. :D

MikeAndTheBots
07-24-2002, 10:30 PM
I play every first-person shooter there is. :D
YOu play any Urban Terror (Mod for Q3)?

Jonna
07-24-2002, 10:36 PM

Someone's been watching too much "Gonads and Strife"...

It is good to know that someone outside of the Ward knows what some of my strange references pertain to.

scruffziller
08-19-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by -JediMaster-Yoda-
that gamecube and x-box get jedi knight 2:jedi outcast
but ps2 doesnt, i wanted to buy for ps2(and yes i already have it for computer)

No offense to PS or PS2 owners, but you know how it feels when games like Metal Gear are yanked from your dedicated system. BUt that is the way of competition in business.

DeadEye
08-19-2002, 02:35 PM

YOu play any Urban Terror (Mod for Q3)?

Yes, as a matter of fact. I am a man of my word! :)

billfremore
08-19-2002, 02:39 PM
I've found most console gamers have trashy computers.

Hmm, I own a console and my computer is pretty high end.

DeadEye
08-19-2002, 02:46 PM
Well bill, you must be one of the 2% of people that fall into that category! :D
It also depends on how you define "high-end."

billfremore
08-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Please define high-end for me.

JON9000
08-20-2002, 07:34 PM
A 9000 series computer, made at the HAL plant in Urbana, Illinois. ;)

plasticfetish
08-22-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by JON9000
A 9000 series computer, made at the HAL plant in Urbana, Illinois. ;)

Hahaha ... I read to the end and I was gonna say THIS (http://www.library.upenn.edu/special/gallery/mauchly/img/11univa.jpg) ... but, you win.

Originally posted by Billfremore
Please define high-end for me.

A: Something I will be finding at the thrift stores in 10 years for $35 ("low-end" systems = $15.)

(Puts Berzerk in Atari 2600, goes into trance.)

Herby
08-25-2002, 03:32 PM
I have a good computer (not spectacular, but pretty good) and a PS2 and Cube. I could keep my system more uptodate (I'm only at a Geforce 2 right now), but the games I'm interested in still run okay on it, like Warcraft 3 and the like. I also find that the Console games lately have interested me much more than the PC. Before Christmas we have Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, Monkey Ball 2, Devil May Cry 2, Tekken 4, Tony Hawk 4, NFL 2k3 and more to buy...my PC is being pushed aside for the winter!