PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do I stand up my Geonosian Warrior?!?!

KingOfSting
07-20-2002, 02:10 AM
bah i cant figure out how to stand my geo warriors! their legs practically go out in other directions (hell one of them does!)...anyone have any ideas?

Jayspawn
07-20-2002, 02:17 AM
I suggest evenly balancing the figure on it's toes. On both feet that is. Thats how I got mine to stand (but he still does fall over after a while).

AdmiralPiett
07-20-2002, 03:06 AM
I've been waiting to build my Geonosian Warrior army until the playset comes out. Does anyone think there will be a better version of the Geonosian warrior made?
Piett

JediJeff77
07-20-2002, 08:58 AM
I use a commtech chip. I know the geonosian doesn't have holes in his feet, so I use those clear rubber band things and just strap him to the chip. Mine have never fallen over and this seems to work quite well.
-J

Lman316
07-20-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by JediJeff77
I use a commtech chip. I know the geonosian doesn't have holes in his feet, so I use those clear rubber band things and just strap him to the chip. Mine have never fallen over and this seems to work quite well.
-J

That's a good idea, but the only thing is that: you shouldn't have to. Hasbro should have put foot holes in these figures - there was no reason not to.
I can get one or two of them to stand up okay (and that's not counting the Handler that came with the Massiff, because that one stands up fine), but they'll always fall over. I've tested them. I had three of them running for 3 days, they were standing fine. Then, for no reason, they just fell over and they wouldn't stand up again.
I do hope they release another one (the Deluxe doesn't count, because that looks like crap) and that they either put foot holes on them, or they make sure the thing can stand, like the Handler version.

End...

INDIANA
07-20-2002, 12:13 PM
I did drill holes in their feet. Wasn't hard, just go slow, there is plenty of room for holes....Hasblo should have done it. Then I put them on real stands. MUCH better looking and more possable without worrying about balancing them. Really cool with their wings up and out.

rynobot
07-20-2002, 01:08 PM
I've had no problem standing the Geo Warrior up. Like all figures, you have to have the body balanced and makes sure the weight is distrubuted equally, also make sure his wings aren't flooped backwards.

Thumb Wars
07-20-2002, 05:22 PM
i messed with this figure for over an hour!! him and the geonosian that comes with the masstiff! they just will not stand. i tried winds up, winds down, arms out, arms at the side. heck, i even had him almost bent over walking on hands and feet and he still won't stand. but i did not think about drilling holes in the feet.

INDIANA, what size drill bit did you use?? and where on the foot did you put the hole?? this information would help out a lot.

Battle Droid
07-20-2002, 11:27 PM
I use the wings to help balance my 2 Warriors.

They're battling the Acklay at the moment.

jdmarlow
07-21-2002, 11:49 AM
LMAN is right! We shouldn't have to go the extra mile to stand up these figures. Has Hasbro learned nothing? This all goes back to that thread of including figure stands w/ the packages.

brentfett
07-22-2002, 02:31 PM
I suspended mine from fishing line to simulate flight. Looks pretty cool!

INDIANA
07-22-2002, 03:01 PM
I picked a bit that just fit the holes of the other figures. It isn't tight, so the hole is probably a little smaller than standard which probably helps. I drilled at the meatiest part of the foot, just past the toes. GO SLOW. You will probably feel the bit inside the foot as it goes in, and angle it so your not close to the edge of the foot and drill through.

FlakMan
07-22-2002, 05:40 PM
I was able to get my Geonosian to stand by balancing him on one wing and for support in the front, his staff.

Hellboy
07-22-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
I've been waiting to build my Geonosian Warrior army until the playset comes out. Does anyone think there will be a better version of the Geonosian warrior made?
Piett

The Flying Genosian should be coming out soon and from the pictures I've seen this should be the best one yet:D