PDA

View Full Version : Palpy In ESB

Jek Porky 2002
07-20-2002, 09:46 AM
When you watch the Emperor in ESB, do you wish that it was Ian McDiarmid playing him or do you not mind? If they ever get round to the DVD, I think that this is the first thing they should put right, Ian's available and with make-up he'll look exactly the same as in ROJ. Does anyone know why they didn't do this in '97?

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 10:37 AM
I don't even try to understand GL's choices. That was the first change they should have made in ESB.

I'm all for putting Ian McDiarmid in ESB. It would be cool if the showed the Emperor in his office on Courasant instead of the hologram of him on Vader's ship.

Pendo
07-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I'm all for putting Ian McDiarmid in ESB. It would be cool if the showed the Emperor in his office on Courasant instead of the hologram of him on Vader's ship.

I think they should show both, cut between Vader talking to the hologram and Palpatine in his office.

I really hope McDiarmid re-does the scene for the DVD because I think he is great as Palpatine, alot better than the old chimp lady!

PENDO!

billfremore
07-20-2002, 12:47 PM
In the same vein as this question,

Since Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett wouldn't make sense for Boba to sound like him when he got older?

So will Lucas replace Jason Wingreen's voice in ESB with Temeura Morrison's?

Pendo
07-20-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
In the same vein as this question,

Since Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett wouldn't make sense for Boba to sound like him when he got older?

So will Lucas replace Jason Wingreen's voice in ESB with Temeura Morrison's?

Good question, I wouldn't mind if it is done but it also wouldn't bother me if it isn't. Maybe we will see Boba with no helmet on and he will look exactly like Jango.
If Boba wasn't revealed to be a clone in Ep2 though I would totaly disagree with showing his face, but because his secret identity is no longer a secret to us I don't think it would really matter showing his face in the Archival Editions.

PENDO!

SQueek
07-20-2002, 09:09 PM
but the movies are suppost to be watched 4,5,6,1,2,3 and not knowing who the mysterious bouty hunter is better left a mystery untill episode 2

Pendo
07-21-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by SQueek
but the movies are suppost to be watched 4,5,6,1,2,3 and not knowing who the mysterious bouty hunter is better left a mystery untill episode 2

It doesn't matter how you watch them, wether it's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3 it depends on how the fan wants to watch them. You can tell George wants them to be watched 1 - 6 because he is putting prequel elements into the OT such as (only rumors) Padmé in ROTJ and Jar Jar in ANH. Also Bail Organa on Alderaan, etc..
For now I watch them 4, 5, 6, 1, and 2 but when Episode III is out I want to watch them from 1 to 6 to see how the story develops from Anakin. I also like to see things in chronological order, when watching Indiana Jones I watch "The Temple Of Doom" first even though it was made second because it is set before the first one. Yes I'm rather strange :crazed:.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
07-21-2002, 05:16 PM
They are actually supposed to be watched 1,2,3,4,5,6.

SQueek
07-22-2002, 01:03 AM
luke i am your father instantly becomes meaningless, the shrowd over the emperor keeps you guessing, lukes search for jedi master and finding a small green muppet will no longer mean anything!

Nexu
07-22-2002, 02:11 AM
The OT is the story of Luke Skywalker, and all six movies together are the story of Anakin Skywalker.

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 06:32 AM
Yes definately, that weird blob that was the monkey eyes, bothers me to death.

icatch9
07-22-2002, 09:03 AM
I agree, with the 4,5,6,1,2,3 path of viewing. When my cousins are old enough to watch it (and some day my children) I'll have then watch it starting with ANH. A lot of the mystery and excitement is taken out of the OT since the PT gives you all the answers. When Luke goes to see Yoda you know who'll he'll find. When Ben tells Luke the lie about his father you know he's lieing. The best cliff hanger in movie history (Luke, I am your father) is wasted. So, I wouldn't want to deprive them of these amazing cemematic moments.

Back to the original question. I think they will change the Emporers sceene in the DVD's. Unless GL has some sort of allegince to the actor who played the emperor in ESB. I think it would be cool to have a cut sceen showeing Palpy in his office too. Also another thing would be cool is to have Xizor standing there. Becasue in the book Sadows of the Empire Xizor is standing there. He doesnt' even have to say anything, but that would be the coolest insert ever. It would also, IMO put a resurge of popularty back in the Showdows book.

MikeAndTheBots
07-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Here's my two cents:
Sure, the cliffhangers are all gone from the OT when you put the PT before it but most of us (if not all) have seen each of the OT movies dozens of times so the shock was only really there once anyway. The real suprise of the OT when the PT is added is Vader killing Palpatine. Since we would know he is Luke's father that revelation isn't as shocking but Vader abandoning his master and all he has been taught for the past 30 or so years goes out the window and he does what's right and saves his son. That is what the 'big suprise' of the OT would be...

Pendo
07-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Why is everyone saying the Vader is Luke's father will not be a shock if watched 1 - 6? You're all persuming that GWL is going to show that Anakin is Vader in Episode III but for all we know he might not. There are ways around showing this. If George wants to make his fans happy he will find a way around showing this, and I have my faith in him that he will find a way.

PENDO!