PDA

View Full Version : Ooh, That's A Bit Different!



Jek Porky 2002
07-20-2002, 08:54 AM
Has anybody noticed at the beginning Of AOTC, after the opening crawl has gone up, the camera pans upwards, rather than downwards like in all the other movies, I know it sounds silly, but when I saw it for the first time, I knew that there was something different but didn't know what it was, it wasn't till afterwards I relised. I think it's a really nice change from the others because you just don't expect it, maybe in Episode III it could move sideways.

Pendo
07-20-2002, 09:33 AM
I heared about the pan up before going to see it so I was expecting it and noticed it the first time I saw it. At first I didn't like the idea of it, but after seeing it I kinda like it too, it works!

PENDO!

jet chan
07-20-2002, 03:01 PM
i knew there was something different about the begining just wasn't observent enough to notice it:eek: :sur:

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 03:18 PM
I had read about it before seeing the movie. That's the one thing I hate about spoilers--you're not as surprised when you read the information as you are when you actually see the movie.

Thumb Wars
07-20-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I had read about it before seeing the movie. That's the one thing I hate about spoilers--you're not as surprised when you read the information as you are when you actually see the movie.

well then, if that's the case, then why do you read spoilers??? if you want to be surprised and in awe of the movie and surprised by th plot changes, don't read spoilers! and if you so read them, don't complain about reading it later when you weren't surprised.

Exhaust Port
07-20-2002, 10:06 PM
I never read any spoilers for any of the Star Wars movies. I didn't wait nearly 20 years for a new Star Wars trilogy only to spoil it by pre-reading what happens. It's like waiting all year for Christmas day only to open your gifts 2 days before. I have the rest of my lift to study the films and I like the excitment on opening night too much.

Jek Porky 2002
07-21-2002, 07:17 AM
WOW, so there is someone here that resists the wrath of the spoilers, I solute you Exorst Port

Exhaust Port
07-21-2002, 07:36 AM
It can be tough to do at times. Even the local papers started printing rumors/spoilers before each release. All I could do was drop the paper and run out of the room screaming. :D

Pendo
07-21-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
It can be tough to do at times. Even the local papers started printing rumors/spoilers before each release. All I could do was drop the paper and run out of the room screaming. :D

I'm trying it for Episode III and already I'm finding it hard. The other day Aint It Cool News (http://www.aintitcool.com) had an article called "STAR WARS EPISODE III TidBits" and I was so desperate to click on it and read it, but luckily I didn't.
Any tips on remaining Spoiler Free? And please don't say "don't go on the internet".

PENDO!

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 09:28 AM
How can I not resist spoilers? I have to wait three years for the movie...without having any idea what to expect, I'd go mad! :D

Thumb Wars
07-21-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
How can I not resist spoilers? I have to wait three years for the movie...without having any idea what to expect, I'd go mad! :D

the way you avoid the spoilers is GET SOME WILLPOWER! i went without seeing spoilers for episode 1, episode 2, and i will not see spoilers for episode 3. you can't wait 3 years??? i waited 20 years for a new star wards movie and the temptation was great!! but you know what, i got through it. there was still plenty to talk about with the trilogy, and the toys. when i saw episode 1 then, without knowing anything, it was like being a little kid again. i got the same feeling of awe and amazment. and you know what else?? i loved it!! so don't say waiting 3 years is hard. i've been waiting for a new star wars movie before you were even born!

Padmé Skywalker
07-21-2002, 11:47 AM
i never read any spoilers but thats because i never come onto the internet but i dont find it hard

jet chan
07-21-2002, 11:58 AM
the only spoilers i tend to deal with are the ones i hope don't ruin the movie for me stuff like reading the stories on the toys, and the offical web sites and magazines... but in the end, the funny part of this is that, even when i look for spoilers they tend to all be wrong.:crazed:

Jek Porky 2002
07-21-2002, 03:58 PM
Do you watch trailors though?

jet chan
07-21-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Do you watch trailors though?
...and trailers :)

187-Maul
07-21-2002, 06:59 PM
I azctually do the same like jet chan
I watch the trailers, read the texts on the cardbacks of the figs, look at some pics at the SW website etc. but try to know as less as possible of the hole story or the chain of events (like what scene comes when)

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 02:48 AM
the trailers are the worst of all. Any more movies are being ruined because the trailers have the highlights about everything important about it.

LTBasker
07-22-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Has anybody noticed at the beginning Of AOTC, after the opening crawl has gone up, the camera pans upwards, rather than downwards like in all the other movies, I know it sounds silly, but when I saw it for the first time, I knew that there was something different but didn't know what it was, it wasn't till afterwards I relised. I think it's a really nice change from the others because you just don't expect it, maybe in Episode III it could move sideways.

Different yes, significan difference to me? No. It might've mattered to me if it didn't lead to 5 minutes worth of scenes that was just a chrome ship that reminded me of a B-2 Bomber just flying through the clouds. I hate it when a movie has long openings over nothing... :frus: