PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Killing Cliegg

Jek Porky 2002
07-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Who thinks that Anakin kills Cliegg Lars in revenge for in a way, "taking" his mother from him?

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 10:50 AM
He might. But Cliegg is already a decrepit old guy--so Anakin might not need to "settle" him--nature might run its course. :D

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 11:08 AM
Cliegg will die between 2-3. Anakin WILL kill Watto though!

jet chan
07-20-2002, 04:06 PM
it'll be an interesting way for anakin to find out how well his new arm works

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Anakin might not kill Watto. I always figured he'd kill Jar Jar. :D
I've heard several times that R2 and 3PO get memory wipes, so maybe Anakin "kills" 3PO by erasing his memory. Just a thought. :)

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 04:38 PM
I agree with Genosian that Cliegg will die bewteen films. He was in pretty rough shape in ATOC. I doubt Anakin will even return to Tatoine.

My guess is that one of the Jedi or Bail Organa would order the memory wipe. That way they won't know about Luke, or know who Leia's mother and father truly are.

jet chan
07-20-2002, 04:54 PM
anakin will probably just become so consumed with hate that he'll forget about cliegg, heck i didn't even remeber him till i saw this threat.:crazed:

darthvader92
07-20-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I agree with Genosian that Cliegg will die bewteen films. He was in pretty rough shape in ATOC. I doubt Anakin will even return to Tatoine.

My guess is that one of the Jedi or Bail Organa would order the memory wipe. That way they won't know about Luke, or know who Leia's mother and father truly are.

I agree too!!

Jedi Clint
07-20-2002, 06:42 PM
I doubt Anakin returns to Tatooine in between AOTC and E3 or in E3.

LTBasker
07-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Who thinks that Anakin kills Cliegg Lars in revenge for in a way, "taking" his mother from him?

Actually I think he would like Cliegg, because he freed Shmi and made her happy instead of her dying alone in her little quarters as a slave. It wasn't his fault the Tusken Raiders nabbed her, and he even lost a leg trying to find her, so it's not like he was another Watto-like character.

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 07:08 PM
Jedi Clint, the two of us agree once more. Anakin in fact will not be returning to Tatooine in Episode III--all we will see of that planet in the movie will be the final shot when Obi-Wan delivers Luke to Owen--because that's the only scene they shot in Tunisia, and they aren't going back.

LTBasker
07-20-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Jedi Clint, the two of us agree once more. Anakin in fact will not be returning to Tatooine in Episode III--all we will see of that planet in the movie will be the final shot when Obi-Wan delivers Luke to Owen--because that's the only scene they shot in Tunisia, and they aren't going back.

They haven't even begun shooting, and yes they do have Tunisia lined up for some scenes.

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 07:58 PM
Lucas said they weren't going to return to Tunisia after Episode II, so they just shot the scene for Episode III while they were there.

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 09:24 PM
You never know Deadeye.......things can changed. I really hope Annie kills Watto for destroying his childhood.

jet chan
07-20-2002, 11:17 PM
does lucus even have the script done for ep3?

DarthBrandon
07-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
You never know Deadeye.......things can changed. I really hope Annie kills Watto for destroying his childhood.

If Anakin kills Cliegg, which I doubt very much, as well as the idea he will kill Watto, then it would have to be one dam long movie to accomplish all of this and to tell the rest of the story as well.

The only time I think Tatooine will show up in Episode III is at the end with Ob-Wan walking off into the desert. Most of the action will probably take place else where.

Geonosian
07-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Well I hope Anakin kills someone..

MikeAndTheBots
07-21-2002, 12:15 AM
There's no way Anakin would kill Cliegg. He loved his mother and Anakin knew he didn't do anything wrong to her. Besides, he refers to them as "good people". He took his hatred toward the Tuskens out on the Tuskens, he wouldn't do it again on Mr. Lars.

DarthBrandon
07-21-2002, 12:37 AM
Anakin will have plenty of people/aliens to kill during Episode III, I don't think any of us will be disappointed when the time comes. Possible kills: Count Dooku, Plo Koon, Eeth Koth, Ki-Adi- Mundi, Kit Fisto, Luminara, Shak-Ti, along with a whole slew of other Jedi and maybe Mace Windu ( ? B.F. ?)

DarthBatman
07-21-2002, 02:08 AM
As long as he kills someone, i'll be happy..

Jek Porky 2002
07-21-2002, 09:56 AM
It was in one of the Making Of documentarys, Lucas himselfs comments on them filming a scene for Episode III, because it would cost alot and it takes too much time.

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 10:30 AM
Mace will likely be killed by either Dooku or Anakin.

MFH
07-21-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by DarthBatman
As long as he kills someone, i'll be happy..

Me too! Lots of someones would be better, though.:crazed:

Captain Trips
07-22-2002, 02:14 PM
I just don't see this as really being possible. There are WAY too many loose ends to tie up without having to resort to killing off Cliegg. I agree that I doubt that we will even see Tatooine except maybe at the end when Luke is given to Owen and Beru.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2002, 05:30 PM
And if they need to film some Tatooine, there are other deserts. Wasn't the ROTJ Tatooine stuff in Arizona?

pthfnder89
07-22-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
And if they need to film some Tatooine, there are other deserts. Wasn't the ROTJ Tatooine stuff in Arizona?

Yep. The ROTJ/Jabba scenes were filmed in the Arizona desert. But all of the other Tatooine scenes in ANH/TPM/AOTC

DeadEye
07-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Yeah, and we all know how shoddy the desert scenes in ROTJ were...I don't think Lucas would want to disappoint us like that again.

Geonosian
07-23-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Mace will likely be killed by either Dooku or Anakin. Deadeye you brought up a good point.
Mace could kill Dooku !

El_Pasty_Muchacho
07-23-2002, 12:10 PM
First of all, Nice to see everyone again after my brief stint away from the forums...

Secondly... Captain Trips mentioned there would be too many loose ends without bumping off Cliegg... I'm trying to see that, but it's just not happening. I don't see Cliegg as being a real threat to any of the characters or even the story in general. Besides, he could very well die between here and E3.

Thirdly, I don't think Mace is gonna take down Dooku. After that sweet little lightsaber battle with Yoda and Dooku I don't think it'd be right. Don't get my wrong, Shaft Windu is a pretty sweet character, but I doubt he could beat Dooku if Yoda couldn't pull it off. It wouldn't make as much sense as having Anakin do it. Remember, the Emperor and Vader trying to turn Luke?

Palpatine: Kill your father, and take your rightful place at my side.

Palpatine seems to cycle through apprentices and sidekicks as fast as he changes his socks (or like I seem to go through girlfriends). And it seems to be a rite of passage to eliminate one apprentice to become the next.

Fourthly, who says the desert scenes in RotJ were lousy? I personally liked them. I thought the Dune Sea was very well done, etc... And the rocky passes leading to Jabba's palace? How did it suck?

TheDarthVader
07-23-2002, 01:17 PM
First of all, R2D2 and C3PO do not have their memories erased. Remeber that in ANH C3PO mentions to Luke when he is cleaning them about "What all we've been through". And mentions being with Captain Antilles. (and wars). It is believed that R2D2 beeps in ANH after 3PO says this, telling 3PO not to tell Luke anything about what they had been through. His communication is in beeps afterall.

And next, it is believed that 3PO gets his gold finish by doing something heroic.

Finally, I personally will be willing to bet a large sum of money that Anakin kills Dooku. Lets see...this guy shocked the heck out of me. Then he cut off my right arm, forcing me to have a robotic arm the rest of my life. Am I mad at him? Do I begin to unleash the dark side of the force so I can defeat him?

YES!!!

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 01:59 PM
I believe that Anakin kills Dooku and takes his place by Palpatine's side. It will be a scene just like the one in ROTJ.

C3PO is too much of a blabber-mouth to keep a secret about Luke and Leia's parents. R2 and C3PO could have had thier memories erased and still remember Capt. Antilles and the wars. The rumor is that Episode 3 takes place 18 or 19 years before ANH. 3PO doesn't specifically mention the Clone Wars, It was most likely the Rebellion. I think the order of events would be like this:

TPM

ATOC
-Clone Wars Begin
-Anakin & Padme get married

Episode 3
-End of the Clone Wars
-Padme gives birth to the twins
-Luke & Leia are seperated (Luke to Tatooine, Leia to Alderan)
-R2 & C3PO get their memories erased to limit the knowledge of Leia's true parents.
End of Episode 3

Vader helps hunt down Jedi
Rebellion begins

ANH

Captain Trips
07-23-2002, 02:08 PM
I definitely think 3PO gets his memory wiped...no question about it. But R2...?

On one hand, he DID seem to know exactly how to get to Obi in ANH, but I would think that Obi or Bail Organa, or whoever might be inon the secret would want to keep the info as secret as possible, and that would lead me to believe that they both had to have had memory wipes.

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Good point. I never thought about that. How did R2 know where to go to find Obi-Wan? Maybe Bail Organa sent him. R2 has proved that he can keep a secret. In ROTJ, he didn't tell 3PO anything about their mission at Jabba's Palace. The question is, would Bail Organa and Obi Wan risk leaving him with that info.

Needles
07-23-2002, 11:06 PM
filming begins soon on EP3,so he has the script ready or just about done with it

jet chan
07-23-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Needles
filming begins soon on EP3,so he has the script ready or just about done with it
thank you :)

Geonosian
07-24-2002, 02:19 AM
If some does erase 3-pos memorey.......who could it be?
I think Obi-wan..

El_Pasty_Muchacho
07-24-2002, 10:35 AM
Whoa... R2 knew where ObiWan lived because Leia told him. Think about it. She was going to Tatooine to get him. When it became apparent she wouldn't make it, she gave instructions to the little droid.

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 10:08 AM
It could possibly be that Anikin and Padme erase R2 and 3PO's memory because them wanting to hide their luvvvv for one another and their marriage since they were witnesses. I just wanna see Jar Jar getting wipped and being drug in chains to the spice mines of Kessel.

Geonosian
07-27-2002, 10:07 PM
That would be cool scruffziller.

Darth Spectre
07-28-2002, 05:47 PM
I doubt Anakin will return to Tattooine either. Not just for plot reasons, but because Lucas is already going to have his hands full cramming so much stuff in a 2.5 hr movie anyway. The only one from his planet/childhood I could see Anakin killing (besides Jar Jar which I think is still possible) is Sebulba, because of their bad blood, but again only if Sebulba would be off of Tattooine. Dooku, Mace and Jar Jar are the most likely to die at Anakin's hands in EP III I think.

Darth Spectre
07-28-2002, 05:49 PM
I think it will be Bail Organa that has the memory erased on the droids since 3-PO and R2 are still working on or from Alderaan when Ep IV opens.